PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Yeah this shit is ridiculous.
The game still has big enough clipping issues.
At least it's not noticable in live gameplay but you can clearly see it after in replay.
Feet going in opponents heads and bodies in collisions and shit..it's mental.
Fifa also has these issues and some even worse where you try to shoot and players leg pass through the other leg like it's not even there.

Almost threw out my Xbox after this!
Screenshot_20190414-192544.jpg

If you start to watch replays (which I've done) you'll see an insane amount of cheating from the CPU on both Pes and fifa.

Almost threw out my Xbox after this!
View attachment 14459

If you start to watch replays (which I've done) you'll see an insane amount of cheating from the CPU on both Pes and fifa.

Meh. This is normal.

If you play enough MyClub, you grow a football in your pants.

Depending on how long you play you will be rewarded with a white, bronze, silver, gold or black ball.

Needless to say I have black ball.

Smells a bit but it was worth it.

Ball physics is good majority of the time..:TU:
but when scripting/shit kicks in, physics and logic are ignored!:TD:

I know these are just bugs and some are less extreme than others, but happens too often.

Face physics not the same as ball physics :OT::LMAO:

Yeah this shit is ridiculous.
The game still has big enough clipping issues.
At least it's not noticable in live gameplay but you can clearly see it after in replay.
Feet going in opponents heads and bodies in collisions and shit..it's mental.
Fifa also has these issues and some even worse where you try to shoot and players leg pass through the other leg like it's not even there.
I think it's less of a scripting issue but more of an abscence of a correct collision system issue and being unable to detect every little collision between bodies and ball.Because if it was pure scripting it could still pass the ball above your players' head and score if it wanted.
I don't know why both companies struggle so much to eliminate clipping.Maybe they just don't care enough or maybe it's not that easy to do as we may think.
But i'm waiting for years now to see improvement in that aspect and it's still the same shit.

Time for this PES14 vid again. Best collision system. It detects every little nick and stomp. All these were yellow cards. First one was a red. That's why it was shown in the replay.

I wish they brought it back. It was harsh, but it made u think about how to approach the guy and steal the ball without slamming the body. And what angle to enter into the challenge.

I don't remember any other years where challenges like these are even registered. Now the player just hops over it automatically and loses balance a bit. A foul is a foul, defending/tracking/enforcing should make u feel on the edge

Last edited:
I paid 78 cents (shipping was 3 euro) not 2 weeks ago. Used, good conditions. When it arrived: not a single scratch.
Best thing: ML against AI is fun!

Have a look over here, the 2017 thread: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2017-playstation-xbox-discussion-thread.76425/page-416

Let’s take the discussion there folks!

Funny thing, on instant-gaming a Steam code for PES 2017 sells at 19 Euro something, one for 2019 only at around 8 Euro. Supply and demand, I guess.

After all your praise I bought it and had a (very quick) try this morning. It felt good though what turned me off a bit was the "wet pitch effect", ground passes unnaturally slowing down at the end as if they hit a puddle (which FIFA suffers badly from in this years version). As @Chris Davies mentioned earlier the ball physics in 19 are simply in a class of their own.

Have'nt played the game since the DLC. Don't miss it one bit.

So, when is the first news about 2020 coming? What is Bhatti up to? I think I'm still blocked since a couple of years (I asked why they couldn't update the brazilian teams. He didn't answer. I wondered why he didn't answer such a easy question. BLOCKED).

And Asim, is he the pr- guy? Found it weird that he stopped talking PES on his Twitter so I unfollowed.

So, when is the first news about 2020 coming? What is Bhatti up to? I think I'm still blocked since a couple of years (I asked why they couldn't update the brazilian teams. He didn't answer. I wondered why he didn't answer such a easy question. BLOCKED).

And Asim, is he the pr- guy? Found it weird that he stopped talking PES on his Twitter so I unfollowed.
Quiet on both fronts so far. Lads didnt say anything Pes related for ages. They're probably playing Fifa. :LOL:

Regarding whether or not gameplay has changed after the last patch, I have to say I felt it different.
I'm not a friend of placebo (@Placebo sorry dude) but I played about 10 games yesterday night and I definitely thought it was different, long before reading what was detailed in the image posted in the previous page of this thread.

I'm not saying I like it more than pre-patch. I'm just saying it felt different. At least, in Cup Mode.

giphy.gif

I've just tried again for one last go before it's sold. Italian match actually felt OK . I lost 2 nil on top player but wasn't bad. Then I played Liverpool v arsenal. Lost 4 nil. First goal the striker was through on goal 50 50 with keeper ball went through Alison hand on the floor (tried to save replay I'll put it up if it worked) then strikers leg went through alissons shoulder to tap in empty net. No wonder there's no fouls. Next 3 goals were all 6 yard tap ins from a low cross

local multiplayer is just shit compared to the beta in 2017 and demo in 2018. just feels like its watered down in full release. never quite feel 100% in control

I can't wait for the bit again when he says "we've been listening to the fans......"

2014 was, I suspect, the last ever year where PES still had the remote prospect of becoming a football game acceptable for the decade it happens to be released in.

The abandonment of that nucleus of a game was like abandoning a life raft after miraculously surviving a plane ditching in the ocean.

I guess some people are still holding onto the hope for the coming next generation, but the reality is you could give them any set of tools at this point and the outcome would still be substandard in all manner of ways, it has been clear for some time the problems run far deeper than engine x or engine y.

my biggest hope for the series is they accidentally stumble upon genius and make a really solid game by sheer luck of everything coming together at once much like Leicester city 15/16 only with slightly higher odds of it happening

ANyone listening to the spurs man city CL game on right now. 5 goals in the first 20mins.

If anyone wants to know what PES commentary should be like, tune in to BBC Radio 5 live right now.

Edit : Wow!

Last edited:
ANyone listening to the spurs man city CL game on right now. 5 goals in the first 20mins.

If anyone wants to know what PES commentary should be like, tune in to BBC Radio 5 live right now.

Edit : Wow!

It will be interesting to see how, if at all, PES 20 will deal with VAR. Since the refs and linesmen are always right in PES, even when a player is offside by half a millimeter, VAR in PES is kind of a mute point. They would have spotted Agueros offside right away

It will be interesting to see how, if at all, PES 20 will deal with VAR. Since the refs and linesmen are always right in PES, even when a player is offside by half a millimeter, VAR in PES is kind of a mute point. They would have spotted Agueros offside right away

If PES was actually a properly done game capable of esport status, I'd welcome such details.

As it is though, PES has so much other stuff it needs to correct before introducing intricate details like VAR.

Who knows? Konami could do a deal with Sony on the condition that they get a return for future PS4 controller sales. After all, its no longer about gamesmanship. Its business.

Yeah Put VAR in there, would add a new and interesting spin on last minute goals in local multilayer.
And have it realistic as well, at least a minute for the ref to decide

Essentially it would require their AI to display a certain level of “human error”, so that here and there an offside call would have to be corrected.

I don’t see this happening (that they code “errors” into their AI)

There is much bigger chance for VAR in FIFA. It will take Konami 20 years to even consider something like this.

Anyways, hows gameplay post little update?
As far as I remember, DP4 built a ground for disaster but it was small update shortly after that broke the whole thing.
Would be nice if this time small update fixed few things here and there..

VAR can go fuck it self!
We who follow La Liga /Serie A have experience that bs for two seasons now.
Millimeter justice etc,VAR is the snotty snitching kid telling the teacher you've been a bad boy.

Back
Top Bottom