PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

While you were getting annoyed with new Pes presentation, I watched a decent movie, drank few whisky drinks and played few matches.
Last few days I played shit load of matches on Pes19..
I think they toned down the script as I had good few clean sheets. Either that or I know every single AI pattern by now..
Anyway, to my point..

While there really is some good football there after all these patches, one word that I can summarise the whole Pes19 is - SOULLESS.

- Soulless because ML is an empty shell, stripped from every little detail.
- Soulless because every team plays the same and end stats are more or less the same every god damn time
- soulless coz AI will never surprise you - neither with dribbling, nor with shot from distance.
- soulless coz even you, as a user, cant surprise AI. Shots from distance are ineffective, speed bursts are ineffective, headers are weak. There are only few ways to get around the defence and you cant really go beyond those simple patterns (i say this playing on manual)
- soulless as there is no D2's
- soulless as every league looks and feels the same

This game is as soulless and grey as its fucking menu background.

It can also be summarised with these two screenshots:
Pes19: (me-Wolves)
View attachment 16603
Pes17: (me-Mallorca)
View attachment 16604
Where is the "Punch" that 17 had? Where is the build up? Where is shot variety, player ID, physicality, speed?

Time to wake up, Konamitsu.. You're taking a piss..

Ps. On a positive note, I discovered something! When you score a goal and control your player after he scores, you can run up to the ball rolling out and (with a square) hammer it back into the goal! Its probably ridiculously obvious to most of you, but I never knew that! That is one of the best celebrations I've seen!
GET IN THERE!!!
:LOL:
Hey bud, happy to hear you found out! At least the game is giving you that. :)

Hi every one, can any body help me for having sider tool for pes 2019 PS4 version as i want to free first player selection during cups and leagues
Thanks

Hey guys! Are there any news concerning D2 divisions in Master League? Will Italian D2 and Spanish D2 return to PES2020?

Last edited:
i usually play co-op but is a laserguided end to end speed fest, usually i dont play offline by myself but last night i tried to continue a ML save i had abandoned for a couple of months and iwas intending to play a match or 2 but in the end i played 8 or 9 matches.

I just had this feeling of old pes, random movement of the ball, better collision, better AI, faouls, cards, penalties
Ai scored different kinds of goals

I cant remember 2019 being this good, have any of you experienced something similar to this with this game lately?

I am happy i have this great game now until 2020 demo is out :)

Screenshot-2019-06-13-14-03-36-316-com-google-android-youtube.png

You dont see the rest of the team. No player drop back to give suporte the defence só they can move forward and build the attack.

They dont give a fuck about Defenders being pressed.

This is só stupid that I want to believe is just typical old build issue.

And I really get impressed by the type of guy Konami choose to play and show the game. Its eactuaoly disrespectul to people who support the franchise for só many years.

i usually play co-op but is a laserguided end to end speed fest, usually i dont play offline by myself but last night i tried to continue a ML save i had abandoned for a couple of months and iwas intending to play a match or 2 but in the end i played 8 or 9 matches.

I just had this feeling of old pes, random movement of the ball, better collision, better AI, faouls, cards, penalties
Ai scored different kinds of goals

I cant remember 2019 being this good, have any of you experienced something similar to this with this game lately?

I am happy i have this great game now until 2020 demo is out :)
As I keep playing until today, I restarted my save for the 10th or more time, same league,settings, set up, only different transfers, I see the game being almost the same, soulless as @Emroth said and one-dimensional.
The only difference is they toned down the one-dimensional AI from very boring to just boring, I would say it is just sausaged a little bit with ketchup and mustard.
The routines are all the same, some good games with what you describe, then some bad streak where you loose 0-1 with 1/1 shoots by the last teams if the table, then again some matches with the “script” switch forgotten off, then a bad streak again where you pass the ball and the CPU players starts to running to intercept the ball to the direction you aim the stick, but before they see the ball leaving your foot, making them fortune tellers and rendering you unable of transfer the ball.
After all these you magically end up a little bit close to your target but still far enough IE: in my league top 2 qualify for CL and 3rd-5th for EL, my boss’s mission is go to EL. I am again magically in 6th position, 4 points from 5th 7 from 4th and nobody spears any points while I am in winning streak.
I want to conclude that 5-10 games might not tell you the truth.

Last edited:
As I keep playing until today, I restarted my save for the 10th or more time, same league,settings, set up, only different transfers, I see the game being almost the same, soulless as @Emroth said and one-dimensional.
The only difference is they toned down the one-dimensional AI from very boring to just boring, I would say it is just sausaged a little bit with ketchup and mustard.
The routines are all the same, some good
I see where he is coming from. They definetely did something with last patch.
When I came back two weeks ago I was very surprised, as I was really enjoying it. AI plays differently, momentum is toned down. It feels good. Just like him - I was planning on having a match or two and was ending up playing 8.

Problem is, that once you go back to it fully and play it for longer, you start noticing above mentioned lack of Soul.
No dribbling, no skills, no long shots from AI paired up with your own ineffective long shots eventually will start spoiling all the fun. But you need to go back to it for longer to notice these things. My fun has lasted two weeks, after that I had to go back to 17.

But it has a solid base for next version.

Another R2 shot variant

First time R2, combined with L2. L2R2 []
https://youtu.be/5OyMjYqmYNE

I think most people are just looking for that one R2 shot that looks always the same (like old PES)

But R2 is really just, what you'd call "instep shot". It's a button to use your inside of foot.

The animation varies, according to your body angle.

If u want that old perfect R2 animation, u have to prep yourself to go into the perfect body angel and balance (for the sake of having good animation).

But there's a variety of things u can do with R2.

This vid, for example. Body angle is in a straight line. We won't expect the same type of animation (wrapping foot around ball, curving far post). But still, the use of inside of foot is there:

https://www.youtube.com/video/QGSlZE7eHMM/

Here's one that's delicate, like the video from previous post:

https://www.youtube.com/video/GhlubEmliZs/

It does different things according to your animation leading up to the shot. It's not like older PES where it will give u the SAME animation all the time, shooting with R2, regardless of your incoming speed, body direction, body balance etc. Coz in the old days, u just hold one button, and it disregards all the things u were doing before, u could run full speed without slowing down, in a straight line at goal, and holding R2 your player suddenly leans sideways and takes the shot.

All R2 does now, is to force your player to take the shot with his instep. It doesn't guarantee he can open up his body enough to wrap his foot around it to give u the amount of curve you want. That's YOUR JOB to manage it.

Some other variants:

https://www.youtube.com/video/eNPOPTTRf2A/

https://www.youtube.com/video/EV25fU_66nI/

https://www.youtube.com/video/jnDx2emwSL4/

Here's a more difficult one from PES18:

https://www.youtube.com/video/ubS9l-INpxQ/

Here's one from a very uncomfortable angle. Still, instep was used, just not sexy with the curve and all.

https://www.youtube.com/video/98wrgKPxLBI/

I mean, all of this is more-or-less realistic to me, the type of shot that would come out, taking into consideration the moments leading up to the shot, how I oriented my body. I like this more than having a button that just has the same outcome, regardless of how I proceeded into the shot. Isn't that too automatic?

The only thing R2 guarantees, is that your player will be forced to take the shot with his instep. Nothing more.

Actually, this makes me wonder, what type of shot we'll get, if the angle is less than 0. I don't remember really. Probably a toe poke?

I've been playing the game on PC in recent days, with gameplay mods, and it's a completely different game. It's crazy how well the AI plays through the mods.

This again shows how lazy Konami is and that it would have been easy to patch the game to a good level over the course of the year.

I will not buy the game for the playstation anymore. The gameplay of the mods is just so much better that it makes no sense anymore. Now I'm even looking forward to PES2020. It has good approaches and the modder will certainly be able to get out a lot of it.

Sorry for this little trip to PC but I was very shocked by how big the difference in the gameplay is. It's not the same game anymore and it's crazy and a shame to all of us console player.

Last edited:
I have given a break from videogames, discussions and every game related content on internet as I had lent my PS4 for my brother for months.

But during that time, despite being dishearten about football games in general, I didnt Lost my curiosity about Pés so I usually watched some livestream once in a while just to check How the game play and, who, knows, build some Hope for the Future. But the impressions from live stream my club gameplay were bad, gameplay always looked dull and childish in the way people play with those ridiculous fast and accurate passes and players running forward like Crazy with ALL the 1-2s spamming. It looked ugly and como, laughable at the same time.

But watching the typical my club players playing the game dorsnt always translate your personal experience.

I have downloaded PES lite later at night and I Gave my club a try. I have set match making to play against any player with any team level. As I expected, I ended up playing against someone who had Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Salah and co while playing with the lowest rates team. The final result was 3-2 to him. I was positively caught surprise. Despite having a Very low rates team I manged to defend well by Just putting players into position by using manual switching and Reading some predictable passes. I also Tried explore some spaces and I used manual modifier. I realize now I can only be competitive without compromising the Fun aspect this mix betweein assisted passing and manual modifier.

Overall It was a good experience. If that was pés 2016, I AM sure I would not have any chance so I DO see some good progress.

There are still a Lot things that can be done and there are definetly some shit that happen out of your Control making It Impossible tô avoid conceding a goal, but what I can Tell is that the game doesnt play nowhere as bad as I thought when I watch those live stream.

Last edited:
Two days ago, after 1,000 games, i scored my first diving-header in ML. It was similar to Klinsmann goal against Iran i think, in 1998 WC , (edited). Studying the headers more carefully, they are very bad programmed, having a sensitive window in which you must do your input, if you go too early, your action is harmless, if you go to late you are trapped in a very long animation, maybe one with 5 steps before taking a shoot or something similar. The chances to hit the momentum bullseye and achieve a proper header are too small, that it does not worth the pain and the process to build-up a proper situation for a header. Better just try do something else, maybe control the ball with chest and then shoot, etc etc.

So I decided to watch one of the PES 2019 streams from last year's E3 where they were playing against the Ai and I have to say I'm saddened by how much the Ai were dumbed down in the full game compared to the E3 demo. Is history going repeat itself with PES 2020? I hope not.

So I decided to watch one of the PES 2019 streams from last year's E3 where they were playing against the Ai and I have to say I'm saddened by how much the Ai were dumbed down in the full game compared to the E3 demo. Is history going repeat itself with PES 2020? I hope not.
Thought the same watching some 2020 E3 today. The pace looks too good and too slow/flow to be kept in the final version. I hope not, but i believe the whole pace will become faster and more rushed after the day-one update.

I really dont get this game gone back to professional on 15 minute games - PA1 , advanced shooting. Playing UTD as Spurs and the only thing i have changed is instead of using balanced in the attack/defence settings ive gone to one under that so a bit more defensive. I actually dont think balanced is balanced i think there's far too much space which encourages the AI to attack the gaps down the wings. Now with the slightly more defensive option (which doesnt feel that defensive it actually feels balanced) the AI approach was totally different - sots from outside the area, no wing and low cross attacks - game finished 1-1 Lakarku scoring from out wide right edge of the box into far post and i scored a scrappy equalizer. Probably one of the best games ive had all year

Thought the same watching some 2020 E3 today. The pace looks too good and too slow/flow to be kept in the final version. I hope not, but i believe the whole pace will become faster and more rushed after the day-one update.
A big thing about why the pace feels that slow is the new camera, this camera we should have had long time ago, as you the camera doesn t move much while the ball on the pitch travels around, thishas given a better sense of pace, i like the new camera a lot

A big thing about why the pace feels that slow is the new camera, this camera we should have had long time ago, as you the camera doesn t move much while the ball on the pitch travels around, thishas given a better sense of pace, i like the new camera a lot
I agree.
Although Pes2020 is really slower compared to Pes2019, the angle of the new camera and how zoomed out it is, makes it even look slower than how it is.
I use a modified(more zoomed-in) fanview camera in Pes19 and it feels a lot slower compared to the default dynamic or wide cameras.

Last edited:
I agree.
Although Pes2020 is really slower compared to Pes2019, the angle of the new camera and how zoomed out it is, makes it even look slower than how it is.
I use a modified(more zoomed-in) fanview camera in Pes19 and it feels a lot slower compared to the default dynamic or wide cameras.
how to do that one on ps4? is it possible/

Its not only that. Its also more "free" ball and first touches. If players can string a series of first time passes through the pitch - it will always look slower. One of the reasons a lot of people play on PA0 here. Unfortunately we couldnt do much about COM.

I really dont get this game gone back to professional on 15 minute games - PA1 , advanced shooting. Playing UTD as Spurs and the only thing i have changed is instead of using balanced in the attack/defence settings ive gone to one under that so a bit more defensive. I actually dont think balanced is balanced i think there's far too much space which encourages the AI to attack the gaps down the wings. Now with the slightly more defensive option (which doesnt feel that defensive it actually feels balanced) the AI approach was totally different - sots from outside the area, no wing and low cross attacks - game finished 1-1 Lakarku scoring from out wide right edge of the box into far post and i scored a scrappy equalizer. Probably one of the best games ive had all year
That's 100% correct and i understood it from two points:

1)
When i move-up the attacking mentality to +1 , the first red, although my one CB does n't go "extra front-man" in attack, my defense line tends to move to high, almost in the midfield line, despite i have set the deepest options, which creates many counter attacks from CPU. It exposes me so much that , i only use it in last 10' minutes, when i am back in score, cause it is more all-or-nothing than a little bit more attacking. In any other occasion i use it too early, the 0-1 goes 0-3 too easy, from 2-3 cynical counter-attacks.

2)
The best observation comes from the CPU. It uses only +1 attack, or -1 defence, never the +2 red all-out-attack ,or the -2 all-out defense, while in PES 2017 and 2018 which i fired them recently, in the same occasions the CPU goes +2 attack when they are behing in the score, in the same situation that the PES 2019 CPU uses only the +1.

Its not only that. Its also more "free" ball and first touches. If players can string a series of first time passes through the pitch - it will always look slower. One of the reasons a lot of people play on PA0 here. Unfortunately we couldnt do much about COM.
That's not what I meant with my previous post. I'm not saying that the ONLY reason PES2020 is slower is because of the camera....But I read my previous post again and it does look like that's what I'm saying.

What I'm really trying to say is that certain camera angles makes the game feel/look slower, with all other things equal.
On PES2019, Try playing fanview or blimp, it will feel slower compared to dynamic wide even though it's the same speed.
On PES2020, I would assume that if you play with Dynamic wide camera it will feel faster compared to the new stadium camera, even though it's just really the same.
Reasons might be because dynamic camera changes angle as ball moves, or the camera follows the ball quicker. There's more movement in zoomed-in cameras.

Last edited:
I have given a break from videogames, discussions and every game related content on internet as I had lent my PS4 for my brother for months.

But during that time, despite being dishearten about football games in general, I didnt Lost my curiosity about Pés so I usually watched some livestream once in a while just to check How the game play and, who, knows, build some Hope for the Future. But the impressions from live stream my club gameplay were bad, gameplay always looked dull and childish in the way people play with those ridiculous fast and accurate passes and players running forward like Crazy with ALL the 1-2s spamming. It looked ugly and como, laughable at the same time.

But watching the typical my club players playing the game dorsnt always translate your personal experience.

I have downloaded PES lite later at night and I Gave my club a try. I have set match making to play against any player with any team level. As I expected, I ended up playing against someone who had Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Salah and co while playing with the lowest rates team. The final result was 3-2 to him. I was positively caught surprise. Despite having a Very low rates team I manged to defend well by Just putting players into position by using manual switching and Reading some predictable passes. I also Tried explore some spaces and I used manual modifier. I realize now I can only be competitive without compromising the Fun aspect this mix betweein assisted passing and manual modifier.

Overall It was a good experience. If that was pés 2016, I AM sure I would not have any chance so I DO see some good progress.

There are still a Lot things that can be done and there are definetly some shit that happen out of your Control making It Impossible tô avoid conceding a goal, but what I can Tell is that the game doesnt play nowhere as bad as I thought when I watch those live stream.

Forget about what I said here. Game is absolutetly Crap.

I cant underdtand How adults can enjoy a game wich basically hás no error when You play with top players. Just midless Quick passing 1-2 and a shooting system that hás 99% of accuracy.

1-2 should bê made contextually, but its not. Its a perfect ping pong 1-2 sincrony.

I really cant underdtand the point of developing a game that basically hás no space for erros and fails, no misplaced or over hit pass, no ball going over the bar.

Maybe thats the state of things on this world currently, spoiled kids demanding everything and doing nothing on their own to deserve it

Back
Top Bottom