PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

The infamous non skippable 5min commercial spread by Eurogamer for 2k19
1 not 5 min
2 skippable
Weird, the Eurogamer article says:
If you've found the adverts troublesome, Reddit mod yyy2k reminded players they can turn off "2KTV" in the main menu settings [...] However, I've just tested this myself and despite deselecting 2KTV in the main menu, a loading screen ad rolled nonetheless.

Either way, I don't feel comfortable with a £50+ game containing adverts.

To be fair they've pretty much always had non skippable cutscenes in their mycareer story mode,which is why I don't play it,plus it's like the journey on FIFA (or the other way around) and who likes that mode (yes I'm over 15)

Weird, the Eurogamer article says:

Either way, I don't feel comfortable with a £50+ game containing adverts.
It's probably in their mycareer section,which is the most popular feature (the journey type)
That's were they have all their MT,people boost their player to 90 + to play online/online leagues etc.
Which is absolutely horrific,but I reacted to Eurogamer going "it's unskippable" meaning everywhere,most career guys like me and you (CM/myleague/ML etc) aren't affected by that.
So yes, Eurogamer are right,but also very wrong!

Honestly I don't give a singular f**k if having type of advertisement stuck within the game if we also get a game that looks that good with so much content and looking so slick.

Of course there's an ethics matter here, but I'd take that any day over if it means getting all the other stuff as well, if it was for a football game.

Honestly I don't give a singular f**k to have that type of advertisement stuck within the game, when the game looks that good with so much content and looking so slick.

Of course there's an ethics matter here, but I'd take that any day over if it means getting all the other stuff as well, if it was for a football game.
The advertisement in this game (2k) is kinda inevitable in some areas,since you have "Jordan player of the game" "Under armour slam dunk" "State farm assist of the game" etc.
And to fair,we have tons of product placement in "our " games to,but we're so use to it so we don't really react.
Kit sponsors/stadium names/ tons of boots/balls etc.
As long as the ads/sponsorships are what it is in real life (broadcasting) I'm fine with it.
I bet (pun intended ) and I'm with you there @Chuny, the ethics have already flown out the window when a great deal of sponsorship (kits adboards league names) are already sponsor bought by betting companies

I think you are making a big deal out of it.

I insist, if PES had that sort of ads, I would be pissed off. Completely. But that's because PES has so little to offer. 4 Game modes, with only superficial options to customise them and lacking in every department we all already know so well. So it'd definitely inconceivable for me.

But hey, gimme those menus, the level of customisation (gameplay sliders obviously included), game-modes, graphics, gameplay, broadcasting package, etc...... and I'll take a whole 60 seconds ad no problem at all.

But hey, gimme those menus, the level of customisation (gameplay sliders obviously included), game-modes, graphics, gameplay, broadcasting package, etc...... and I'll take a whole 60 seconds ad no problem at all.
We already accept microtransactions (by buying the game, and not boycotting it). If we start to accept advertising in a game we've paid money for, when does it end? ...But the fact of the matter is, producers have now figured out that we'll still buy and play the game no matter what they do. So it will happen.

We already accept microtransactions (by buying the game, and not boycotting it). If we start to accept advertising in a game we've paid money for, when does it end? ...But the fact of the matter is, producers have now figured out that we'll still buy and play the game no matter what they do. So it will happen.

Well yes. I mean, it's just about how far you are willing to take and accept happily.
That's why I said it is a matter of ethics.

Plus, I'm fairly sure we could totally disable them and forget they ever existed on PC by patching the game, so that's also why I probably don't see it the same way you guys do.

Honestly I don't give a singular f**k if having type of advertisement stuck within the game if we also get a game that looks that good with so much content and looking so slick.

i was watching "murder, she wrote" the other day.

the ad break came up :
- buy some authentic commemorative gold coins
- give money to save some people
- cancer / mcmillan nurses
- NSPCC - abuse awareness
- £2 a month to save a donkey
- get your funeral costs paid up front [ so your kids can keep playing myclub ]

had to stop watching and never found out who dunnit.

since then, i watch columbo. [for those that don't know columbo. you know whodunnit even before the ads appear ]

my point :
more ads? no!

Last edited:
i was watching "murder, she wrote" the other day.

the ad break came up :
- buy some authentic commemorative gold coins
- give money to save some people
- cancer / mcmillan nurses
- NSPCC - abuse awareness
- £2 a month to save a donkey
- get your funeral costs paid up front [ so your kids can keep playing myclub ]

had to stop watching and never found out who dunnit.

since then, i watch columbo. [for those that don't know columbo. you know whodunnit even before the ads appear ]

my point :
more ads? no!
Any commercial breaks in Kojak/Starsky &Hutch/Baretta?

Now, look at the beautiful way Barcelona attacks on Pes 5

Passes to the flank, Ronaldinho trying to be Ronaldinho, lots of horizontal offensive plays. What about the Ronaldinho missed shot at 6:40? Also, why are they advertising chipped shots as a new feature when a 2004 game on Ps2 already had it?

The goalkeeper also stands out from that clip. Much more realistic and human than the ones in the current game who stand there like rabbits trapped in headlights while you tap the ball in from 2 yards.

Just subjected myself to another session of this shitfest in order to finish the season as I don't like loose ends.

Won 5 out of 8 games scoring a lot of goals and didn't enjoy any of them. It's just ping pong as quick as you can before you're assaulted by DM's or your player does something absurd. There is an imbalance between the pace of the game (fast) and the reaction speed and responsiveness of the players (slow). It's a mismatch and it shows in every game.

Every goal I scored was a 'finish' and came from a 3 or 4 pass move. Didn't score from a single speculative effort. The answer is always one more pass. Someone thought it was a good idea to banish the most fun part of the game.

Didn't get near a single one of my corners despite varying the deliveries, tactics and players in the box.

AI teammates refused to make either intelligent or obvious runs. Wingers and CM's alike freeze or move backwards instead of moving into obvious spaces. Others ignore the ball completely. Time for a teammate run button like in the other game?

Once again, no context, build up or effort to any of the opposition goals. One minute I'm piling on the pressure then one languid looking flick on from the halfway line and their striker is clean through and scores.

As usual the AI is lethal from kick off and scored at least two goals directly after I did. In fairness this also seems to work in favour of the player as I also managed one or two myself from kick off. This has been in the game a long time but is now more prevalent than ever, why is it considered a good idea?

A thoroughly awful, superficial and boring experience. The grey tiled background on the League screen was fairly calming though
What you said in this post, also for me! I force my self to play it the last days and i always end-up pissed off. Something seems really broken. Bad timed animations on top player, even the shielding which is automatic, activates so slow that the CPU always intercepts, even by clipping through your body. Furthermore the fouls outside near the box are under extinction the last weeks. I keep passing around the box and although i am tackled to death by CPU, referee does not blow any whistle.
Even the most advertised physics, seem to work only in training and exhibition. In ML ,even a ball bounce after a collide , basically every ball bounce ends to a CPU player feet instead of go free 50-50 and the CPU player doesn't even move to meet the ball, the ball by itself strafes to his direction magnetically without any context.
Even the wins sre unrewarding and soulless. No playstyle or ID or personality is required, just pass-pass-one touch and shoot.It has become completely a blatant video game.
I always end-up playing a 17 or 18 ML in the end to cure my mind.

Any commercial breaks in Kojak/Starsky &Hutch/Baretta?

The episodes are back-to-back so in between Angelica Fletcher, Columbo, PES and evo-web, I got way too much stuff going on to watch other stuff.

I used to wake up with evo-web, have lunch with columbo and go to bed with angela but given I've cut angelica short since the ads I might give kojak a go.

thanks

Last edited:
Strange as it may sound, I'm kind of enjoying playing against the Ai after the recent live update. It's still far from a great game but I absolutely hated playing against the Ai up until earlier this week. Superstar players like Messi are finally more creative and threatening near the 18 yard box.

what a disgrace
It's worse than that. YouTuber SpoonyPizzas did a video prior to the finals, criticising the PA2+ stuff:

... and Konami asked him to delete the video. They also asked a guy who retweeted his video to delete their tweet.

Can you fucking believe that? Just found this out and honestly I'm incensed. I often give Konami the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their fan/media engagement, but I find this incredibly distasteful and unethical. Seriously, fuck them.

Picture of a quick convo with Spoony:
gADygdI.jpg

It's worse than that. YouTuber SpoonyPizzas did a video prior to the finals, criticising the PA2+ stuff:

... and Konami asked him to delete the video. They also asked a guy who retweeted his video to delete their tweet.

Can you fucking believe that? Just found this out and honestly I'm incensed. I often give Konami the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their fan/media engagement, but I find this incredibly distasteful and unethical. Seriously, fuck them.

Picture of a quick convo with Spoony:
gADygdI.jpg
Jesus Christ. Everyone needs to see that.

Please tweet that screenshot so we can retweet it. I'd love to get a response from Konami on this.

ESPECIALLY since they want to be known as the only eSports football choice, which is the whole reason they've rebranded the game to eFootball PES...

Last edited:
Breaking news...

PES 2019 is no longer going to be free on PS Plus this month.

This is the first time I can remember a PS Plus appearance being "cancelled".

PlayStation.com: PS Plus July 2019 UPDATE

EDIT: I was ready to blame Konami and their constant communication issues for this, but according to PushSquare.com and other sources, this was actually Sony's decision.

There was a backlash from gamers (sites like NeoGAF, ResetEra etc.) saying that football isn't a game that's enjoyed by everybody, and therefore it represents poor value to PS Plus subscribers who want free games but have no interest in sports. (Also, it didn't get the best reviews.)

This is apparently the first time Sony have done this - and I guess that means there'll be no free sports games on PS Plus in future. If not, it's pretty hypocritical...

Last edited:
Wasn't there an NBA one before?
As in, an NBA game pulled? Or given away? NBA2k14 was given away on PS3 I think, not sure about PS4.

EDIT: Someone on Twitter says NBA2k16 was given away via PS Plus a couple of years ago.

Also...

Wow, the feedback to this PS Plus change is pretty embarrassing if you're Konami, holy shit:

DtDZbPD.jpg

There are tons and tons of these comments and they're all the most-liked (so they appear one after another at the top of the page)...

On Facebook:

M7XfJYN.jpg

OUCH!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom