PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Had an amazing 0-0, of course till the 89th minute when the script took over. AI controlled defender ran out of position. That too on a counter attack. He let a winger past him and ran into the Midfield.
I love this game till the 88th minute.
And yeah I forgot to mention their lone foul.

Have the live update made this game playable again?
Maybe just a one off,but I had a great 60 min Vs Galatasaray with my Roma just (turned it off because I'm busy with other stuff)

Played the game on Reg 20 min PA0 and first of all,CPU played really good,REG was tough as hell in this game.
Maybe a one off like I said?
Forgot how good this game looks and how great it is on the ball.
Fingers crossed the ai will better for 20

If there is one thing this game absolutely nails, it's hitting a ball being cleared first time. I was playing against my brother last weekend and he headed the ball out from a corner kick, where my Henderson came rushing towards it, fired it before landing about midway on the half of the pitch, and the ball went in at an arch, was pretty low when it finally hit the net. I actually jumped out of the sofa and ran out of the room because only the hallway would do for my celebratory run.

If there is one thing this game absolutely nails, it's hitting a ball being cleared first time. I was playing against my brother last weekend and he headed the ball out from a corner kick, where my Henderson came rushing towards it, fired it before landing about midway on the half of the pitch, and the ball went in at an arch, was pretty low when it finally hit the net. I actually jumped out of the sofa and ran out of the room because only the hallway would do for my celebratory run.
and thats what its all about!! :LOVE:

thats the holy grail, imo!! love it when the game does that to me, ...and my buddy next to me! :P
i rarely do it when playing solo. but when the mates are around... oh boy, its time to make way...
in my living room, I'm running in circles (matter of space). but they get it! :LOL:

Not going to jinx it,or try to lure anyone in to Pes 19 again,but my three last games (gave a go again) have been really good!

AI isn't as good as 17-18 we all know that,but I see the issues being toned down (momentarily?) for the ai.

Plus I'm kinda loving the look and on ball of Pes 19,looks so good,and as long as the ai behaves I'll keep playing it.
Could be my regular difficulty making the ai ok,just like it's in 18,with my house rules and manual passing it's surprisingly tight games

Not going to jinx it,or try to lure anyone in to Pes 19 again,but my three last games (gave a go again) have been really good!

AI isn't as good as 17-18 we all know that,but I see the issues being toned down (momentarily?) for the ai.

Plus I'm kinda loving the look and on ball of Pes 19,looks so good,and as long as the ai behaves I'll keep playing it.
Could be my regular difficulty making the ai ok,just like it's in 18,with my house rules and manual passing it's surprisingly tight games

You just did it... Damn I love the look on PES 2019, despite all its flaws.

I've started trying to love PES 2019 too, just because I feel like I'm missing out on too many things playing the older games.

Scored this goal earlier - and at first I loved it, the first-touch and the fact that he hits the shot so hard the keeper gets a glove to it and it's not enough (I don't see that very often).

However... On the replays, I realised that his first-touch (with his left foot) set him up perfectly to smash the shot with his right foot (and he is a right-footed player) - yet, for no reason, he hits it with his left. Garbage.

That being said, I did hit a terrible shot in a different game that does show you can (SORT OF but not really) miskick a shot:

...and also, the AI does make mistakes on Top Player (I really liked this one because I think it looks pretty authentic):

I dunno what bothers me more about weak for shooting...

The fact that your player uses the weak foot to shoot when it's not a last resort or the fact that the weak foot is as bloody powerful and accurate with almost every player on the game anyway.

But you can't bloody win - Sometimes you cut inside with a player and you feel like you've got no choice to use the weak foot and they do this bad-ass outside the boot curling shot with the dominant foot instead, almost too frequently.

I've started trying to love PES 2019 too, just because I feel like I'm missing out on too many things playing the older games
And that is the one and only reason Im waiting for Pes20 hoping it will be decent. Not expecting any miracles anymore.. just decent..
Some AI dribbling, some long shots, some AI creativity and shot variety.
I agree that there is this feeling of "missing out" on stuff when playing older games.
But I wont go back to this one. Tried it many, many times and every time I ended up frustrated and annoyed. Sometimes it took one match, sometimes few days. But at the end I always had the feeling that I wasted this time, which I could use to progress my Pes17 Master League, or simply do something more interesting, like washing my hair or clipping dogs nails.. :LOL:

And that is the one and only reason Im waiting for Pes20 hoping it will be a decent. Not expecting any miracles anymore.. just decent..
Some AI dribbling, some long shots, some AI creativity and shot variety.
I agree that there is this feeling of "missing out" on stuff when playing older games.
But I wont go back to this one. Tried it many, many times and every time I ended up frustrated and annoyed. Sometimes it took one match, sometimes few days. But at the end I always had the feeling that I wasted this time, which I could use to progress my Pes17 Master League, or simply do something more interesting, like washing my hair or clipping dogs nails.. :LOL:
no animals at home, not much hair left on the head... what else could i do but play 2017 ML!? :D

i just leave my 2019 copy installed on ps4 for comparison needs when 2020 is released. and for nothing else!

edit: the still image of @Chris Davies first video in his latest comment is showing Chris after he's done giving 2019 another try! ;)
and yes, he got a real soccer goal in the backyard! its called tranmere gardens! :D

But I wont go back to this one. Tried it many, many times and every time I ended up frustrated and annoyed. Sometimes it took one match, sometimes few days.
Well, take a look at the goal - it felt good to score it (not great, because there was very little effort in the build-up), but the replay really destroyed it for me. It just makes no sense. I don't see so much of this in 2017, do you? And the AI is so much more varied. So you're not missing out.

and yes, he got a real soccer goal in the backyard! its called tranmere gardens! :D
Ha, I live a couple of miles from Birkenhead Park (fact of the day, Central Park in New York is based on it) and you could call that Tranmere Gardens (it's a big park/garden, in the Tranmere region).

But if you go there after 5pm, you get stabbed. So I wouldn't. :D

why do i have the feeling, that all the menus designed by some random fella online are looking better than the original!? every damn time i see a user created menu... i swear!!
example:

why do i have the feeling, that all the menus designed by some random fella online are looking better than the original!? every damn time i see a user created menu... i swear!!
example:
I see many interesting menu concepts , most often in reddit, far better than the original Konamenus.
To be honest i am not so obssesed with the design and for some reason i prefer PES menus in ML compared to other game , regarding the content.(considering how big deal is to FIFA to check an other League top scorer and if is possible )
How hurts me in the menus is usually the working fundamentals, when they could exist as hyperlink buttons. Also it kills me when it comes to menus like pes15 or 14 or 2010 , which i replay these days, which menus tend to be laggish or they need many confirm actions to enter/exit, or when you need to deep down to unlimited painful submenus to check a simple info.
Best example of many submenus that forces you forward/rewind and vice-versa is the PES15. Best example of laggy menus is PES14, where while the game is stripped off almost of any content introduced in the 08-13 period, it is the most shalliw pes content-wise, navigation in the menu in PC is a pain in the @$$ for unknown damn reason in PC.
In 19 the only concern i had with the menu was the home page, that had only MC and pesleague pinned options and had to slide 3 pages to go to ML.
BonusTIP: i once turned on PES19 and PSnetwork was down for some SONY reason.The consoke was not logged on the Internet. The pinned tabs in first page were ML and simple League!

, take a look at the goal - it felt good to score it (not great, because there was very little effort in the build-up), but the replay really destroyed it for me. It just makes no sense. I don't see so much of this in 2017, do you?
No, I dont. And I honestly believe that shots are much more varied on 17. Maybe not fancy animations, but outcomes.

I had one beauty last night.. cross into the box, my player out of position, he tried a volley. Ball went straight up and then fell slowly into the hands of goalkeeper, like it was thrown to him by a child. I really wanted to record it, as it looked so real, but I pressed the wrong button, then panicked, then dropped the controller, woke the wife up.. and it was a bit embarrassing to start recording clip from the game, having her staring at me with this "WTF are you doing" look on her face..

19, as we know, feels fantastic on the ball. So im hoping that this on-the-ball feeling, together with a bit better AI in 20 will let me forgive all other flaws and enjoy the recent one again.
Im can look pass some flaws on 17, so here's me hoping for 20..

Almost embarrassed to say that I've had 4-5 straight games on Pes 19 that has been very good,and a pretty ok AI.
Saw a few things I haven't seen before,like the CPU stumbling and falling while chasing after me (dribbled past him and changed direction)
I'm sure it won't last,but I did the same last year around this time,went back to Pes 18,and that played ok
Strange!

Almost embarrassed to say that I've had 4-5 straight games on Pes 19 that has been very good,and a pretty ok AI.
Saw a few things I haven't seen before,like the CPU stumbling and falling while chasing after me (dribbled past him and changed direction)
I'm sure it won't last,but I did the same last year around this time,went back to Pes 18,and that played ok
Strange!
You on Regular difficulty there?

Had a game last night Vs Torino that just felt off,not because of ai being OP,but my own team being very strange,passes were missed,that 9/10 is accurate but not last night,passes just rolling past me,player switching bein at a low point , sometimes when two of my player were open, switching to the one farthest from the ball
Me 67% Torino 86%.
Silver lining, ai ok!

The a CL game Vs Schalke that was terrific ,game felt like a loser Pes 17ish,had a lot of fun,lost 2-1,but a great game.
Schalkes stadium looks insane btw.
No all seater,but a sea of people standing and jumping up and down.
Great game,not packing it in yet.
Next game SPAL at home,which ,wise from past 19 games can be a deal breaker,a tie or a loss against that team and it's over!

Had an amazing 0-0, of course till the 89th minute when the script took over. AI controlled defender ran out of position. That too on a counter attack. He let a winger past him and ran into the Midfield.
I love this game till the 88th minute.
And yeah I forgot to mention their lone foul.

Honestly it's just poor defensive AI. The second the opposition goes more attacking, defenders will always be out of position. It's why I stopped playing it tbf.

And @Emroth , you have no idea how many gigs of clips I have saved from PES 2017. It feels like everyday something happens that I find clip worthy. Best part is, a lot of the times it's not even me creating these moments it's my teammates.

You're right about 2019. It feels good on the ball, but the AI is what drove me away. The AI in 2017 is what is keeping me playing that game.

example:

I suspect you could take any student in a graphic design course and they'd do better than the dross Konami puts out every year.

In the modern era menus are more important than they used to be, they are the portal to your game and if it looks shite it puts the whole product in a bad light.

Had a game last night Vs Torino that just felt off,not because of ai being OP,but my own team being very strange,passes were missed,that 9/10 is accurate but not last night,passes just rolling past me,player switching bein at a low point , sometimes when two of my player were open, switching to the one farthest from the ball
Me 67% Torino 86%.
Silver lining, ai ok!

The a CL game Vs Schalke that was terrific ,game felt like a loser Pes 17ish,had a lot of fun,lost 2-1,but a great game.
Schalkes stadium looks insane btw.
No all seater,but a sea of people standing and jumping up and down.
Great game,not packing it in yet.
Next game SPAL at home,which ,wise from past 19 games can be a deal breaker,a tie or a loss against that team and it's over!

I got back to PES 2019 a couple matches but I can´t feel the same, sadly. AI is ok I guess, but my attempts don´t feel like I´ve earned them, every shot on target is "meh" because, well, every shot is on target, but most of them the keeper catches the ball with super reflexes just because it wasn´t the right time for me to score... It´s a very good game and all, but I can´t get past this scripting sensation. To be honest, nothing comes close to PES 2017 on this generation. So many fouls, more variation and I can actually be challenged in TP without being raped... loving it right now.

I got back to PES 2019 a couple matches but I can´t feel the same, sadly. AI is ok I guess, but my attempts don´t feel like I´ve earned them, every shot on target is "meh" because, well, every shot is on target, but most of them the keeper catches the ball with super reflexes just because it wasn´t the right time for me to score... It´s a very good game and all, but I can´t get past this scripting sensation. To be honest, nothing comes close to PES 2017 on this generation. So many fouls, more variation and I can actually be challenged in TP without being raped... loving it right now.
Yes,17 is much better on all levels,even 18 is much better than 19.
But I played that so much,so I need a break.
Though I mainly play Pes 5/6 right now

Yeah I have it a try. The AI is bad. I rely heavily on the AI for my experience. I hope it's much improved in 2020.

I suspect you could take any student in a graphic design course and they'd do better than the dross Konami puts out every year.

In the modern era menus are more important than they used to be, they are the portal to your game and if it looks shite it puts the whole product in a bad light.
That doesn't look like too much of a departure from their own style either but it's modern and a bit more stylish but more importantly, that scoreboard doesn't look bulky and basic either.

I didn't mind some of Konami's default scoreboards before like their PES 2015 & 2017 scoreboards as though generic, they're quite slick and mature looking.

The 2019 & now 2020 ones just have this low budget bubblegum feel to it, I think they're an eye sore.

Been 8 months since I’ve played this I’m looking at giving this game another go but before I go and buy it want to know does the AI still play one touch ping pong passing or has that been toned down by patches.

Been 8 months since I’ve played this I’m looking at giving this game another go but before I go and buy it want to know does the AI still play one touch ping pong passing or has that been toned down by patches.
Yeah i've seen some people like rockstrongo saying that it plays better now.
I mostly play online so can't speak about AI much.
But it plays a bit more realistic in general now in my opinion than before.A bit slower passes,a bit more error etc.
But why would you buy it so late?
Better wait to play the new demo in two weeks and if you like it then you can buy the new game that will be better than 19.Also you can enjoy the demo online and offline for 40 days until the new game releases so no point to spend money to get 19 at this point in my opinion.

Yeah i've seen some people like rockstrongo saying that it plays better now.
I mostly play online so can't speak about AI much.
But it plays a bit more realistic in general now in my opinion than before.A bit slower passes,a bit more error etc.
But why would you buy it so late?
Better wait to play the new demo in two weeks and if you like it then you can buy the new game that will be better than 19.Also you can enjoy the demo online and offline for 40 days until the new game releases so no point to spend money to get 19 at this point in my opinion.

Yeah your right better off waiting a few weeks and wait for the demo

...and i tried again last night (2x)! to me, nothing changed. its like before... AI quick passes and one timer at goal that look so clinical it drives me nuts.
had a nice game in 2017 ML where i lost 0:3 after the 2019 session. loosing in 2017 is more fun to me than playing 2019 against AI! :)

Back
Top Bottom