PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

...and i tried again last night (2x)! to me, nothing changed. its like before... AI quick passes and one timer at goal that look so clinical it drives me nuts.
had a nice game in 2017 ML where i lost 0:3 after the 2019 session. loosing in 2017 is more fun to me than playing 2019 against AI! :)
Same for me. Well, I'd been enjoying it for a few games on Top Player, then I came up against Man United and it was hilarious. Pushing my players over for fun with no foul (including a blatant penalty) and just SMASHING the ball to Lukaku ASAP, who has the strength of an elephant (kudos for there being a bit of individuality I guess), smashing in goals from everywhere (not so realistic).

There isn't a shred of football realism in the AI.

Same for me. Well, I'd been enjoying it for a few games on Top Player, then I came up against Man United and it was hilarious. Pushing my players over for fun with no foul (including a blatant penalty) and just SMASHING the ball to Lukaku ASAP, who has the strength of an elephant (kudos for there being a bit of individuality I guess), smashing in goals from everywhere (not so realistic).

There isn't a shred of football realism in the AI.
i noticed the ref in a negative way last night. a lot of battles that clearly were foul play (on my and the opponents side), imo. i get fouls (enough to make it feel ok), but some battles, when the controller rumbles like crazy, you see your own man getting hacked down, and the ref plays on...
this became my personal cherry on top of the "2019 AI cream pie" (after coming back every other week the last months)!

when you read this, dont interpreted it as moaning please. i'd only moan if i had nothing else than 2019 to play! ;)

i noticed the ref in a negative way last night. a lot of battles that clearly were foul play (on my and the opponents side), imo. i get fouls (enough to make it feel ok), but some battles, when the controller rumbles like crazy, you see your own man getting hacked down, and the ref plays on...
this became my personal cherry on top of the "2019 AI cream pie" (after coming back every other week the last months)!
Although i am far from home the last month (like spiderman!) and haven't played recently , i ve posted many times during the year, that the referee in Pes2019 is the most biased in pes history. He is actually part of the COM team. From the denied fouls, to the bloody final whistle on 89:45" during human player attacks, when the additional time is +1 or +2.

Last edited:
(luke spiderman!)
You called?

fm6V8VS.png

Although i am far from hone the last month (luke spiderman!) , i ve posted many times during the year, that the referee in Pes2019 is the most biased in pes history. He is actually part of the COM team. From the denied fouls, to the bloody final whistle on 89:45" during human player attacks, when the additional time is +1 or +2.
i never noticed a game ending before time. quite the opposite. i love to play that extra time, put all man forward and try to hit that late goal! last night i was 1:2 behind and wanted to draw so badly. 3 min overtime, 92:49 on the clock and one last attack. ball gets cleared into midfield (93:10), i get my midfielder to play one last loopy high ball into the pen area and it gets cleared again but not to far away. i get a striker on the ball, he shots, keeper clears for a corner (93:25)! i cross my fingers, "please ref, let me take that corner"! and the ref gives me that time. last corner, one last header, next to goal. i lose 2:1 but i was fighting hard! :D love those moments! even better when it works out and i can draw or win! :)

ups, wrong thread! ...this is all 2017 experience i forgot to mention! ;)

edit: that is with 20 min matches, where you can actually play the overtime not only watch the clock running like on EPO!

Last edited:
Been 8 months since I’ve played this I’m looking at giving this game another go but before I go and buy it want to know does the AI still play one touch ping pong passing or has that been toned down by patches.
It's toned down a lot,still quite one way attacking,but much better than before.
Could be me playing the way I do,I always believed that chasing the ball carrier will set off the ai to ping more,than when you sit back.

But I couldn't play this game before,still not loving it,but better

What shocks me is just how "pressy" it is. The AI plays like playing a kid in FUT, everything is simplified in terms of their tactics. As soon as you've got the ball you're surrounded, more so against the better teams.

Definitely the worst modern PES in terms of AI, in my opinion.

You called?

fm6V8VS.png
Hahaha. Fixed it. Bad finger tapping.

i never noticed a game ending before time. quite the opposite. i love to play that extra time, put all man forward and try to hit that late goal! last night i was 1:2 behind and wanted to draw so badly. 3 min overtime, 92:49 on the clock and one last attack. ball gets cleared into midfield (93:10), i get my midfielder to play one last loopy high ball into the pen area and it gets cleared again but not to far away. i get a striker on the ball, he shots, keeper clears for a corner (93:25)! i cross my fingers, "please ref, let me take that corner"! and the ref gives me that time. last corner, one last header, next to goal. i lose 2:1 but i was fighting hard! :D love those moments! even better when it works out and i can draw or win! :)

ups, wrong thread! ...this is all 2017 experience i forgot to mention! ;)

edit: that is with 20 min matches, where you can actually play the overtime not only watch the clock running like on EPO!
Yeah 17 has better ref and different added time system cause the clock goes with the old mechanics, it stops in non-play time. In 10 min matches it gives too often +2 or +3. In 2019 it is +1’ , 7/10 timesAlso I think the match can’t finish in a corner kick, IIRC cause this rule was adopted since 18. Not 100% sure about this last.

What shocks me is just how "pressy" it is. The AI plays like playing a kid in FUT, everything is simplified in terms of their tactics. As soon as you've got the ball you're surrounded, more so against the better teams.

Definitely the worst modern PES in terms of AI, in my opinion.
Unfortunately 19 was a bad ML game due to AI and poor content.
In the mean time, this is kind of OFfTopic and feats better to REtro or 2020 thread, I am playing some pes2010 and pes2012 these days on my laptop (pc versions). The content in ML is awesome, these two versions plus 2011 were the peak of KONAMi creativity in offline content. While both games don’t match my taste 100% in gameplay, the ML is so full and functional, that I like to visit them first for the mode and secondly for the football.
I started 2010 ML and spend 15 minutes in the main menu, which is a lil bit clunky, allocating budget to training, making transfers, it has also some presentation watermarks even for fake leagues. It contains as much as I like.
2012 on the other hand has basically the content that is presented this year as ML revamp features. Annoying cutscenes every five minutes, the club boss presenting you to the press conference, player communication with given answers, player emotion that affect form arrows and an assistant that is one of the best in any pes when he makes the opponent playstyle analysis and key-players .
And of course both games have far superior CPU AI.
Sorry for the offtopic but this stripped 2014-2019 ML and the hypothetical “revamp” of 2020, drives me crazy.

I snapped tonight.

PES simply lacks a good and well rounded collision/body physics system. Body tussles, clashes, fouls etc all feel like they can't calculate/keep up with the amount of movement freedom in the game. Plus there are still a bunch of pre-canned animations in there. I hate when my players gets in a tussle and they start stumbling around like a drunkard. There's not enough of a spectrum in their reaction (eg. minorly off balance, slightly more off balance, totally off balance, etc etc) which leads to players reaction feeling out of place and often very exagerated

i just beat burnley 4-0 on ps4.

regular difficulty and league mode and its only burnley.

main thing tho is i actually enjoyed a match on console and the game felt free.
The regular difficulty is playing really great on both 18-19,problem is it gets a bit to easy after a while.
Then you'll step up to Professional difficulty,which is the worst of the lot,your players being dumbed down,your manual passing gets tampered with to keep the game even.
I'd recommend going straight to TP,which is a tougher level of Regular.

But I agree (don't play much 19 ) regular plays very good

;) ill have a look! thank you again.
later.

edit:
so I import those players... do I have to assign them to a specific team!? how can I use them exactly? can I spread them all over ML? only use in 1 team?
I,ll tell you what i do. I base copy them on editable players, cause the classic teams used to act as a club i a previous PES, so while transfering them you must feel the gap to the Classics roster after a while. The only cons is you loose the gameplan thumbnails, if they come with junior mantys files.
What i further do , which i don't suggest cause is complicated, i convert them to their real life today's age and try to decline their stats to a realistic and way, but trying to keep his signature stats like Technique, i only decrease fitness stats like body power, jump,speed, stamina. In this way i have a declined Rosicky for example ( not a legend, i create him) wity stats baded on his last PES17 appearance, minus his age. For example he had 69 stamina, in 19 and with two seasons being retired i give him 64 stamina, (-5).
In this way i have in my ML all the new players, plus the legends of the past decade which we all saw them active, like Kaka,Nesta, Ronaldo, Henry, Drogba,Anelka,Arteta etc..
I had once created a decent formula based on pes master/psd/pes stats, age, years since retired but Konami screwed my formula at all, with last year's MyClub current life Beckham, when for a 43 age and almost ten years since his career peak, they gave him 71 speed,76 acceleration, 66 stamina, while in my formula , legends over 40 had speed /accel/stamina always below 70.

https://www.pesmaster.com/d-beckham/pes-2019/player/123447/

I,ll tell you what i do. I base copy them on editable players, cause the classic teams used to act as a club i a previous PES, so while transfering them you must feel the gap to the Classics roster after a while. The only cons is you loose the gameplan thumbnails, if they come with junior mantys files.
What i further do , which i don't suggest cause is complicated, i convert them to their real life today's age and try to decline their stats to a realistic and way, but trying to keep his signature stats like Technique, i only decrease fitness stats like body power, jump,speed, stamina. In this way i have a declined Rosicky for example ( not a legend, i create him) wity stats baded on his last PES17 appearance, minus his age. For example he had 69 stamina, in 19 and with two seasons being retired i give him 64 stamina, (-5).
In this way i have in my ML all the new players, plus the legends of the past decade which we all saw them active, like Kaka,Nesta, Ronaldo, Henry, Drogba,Anelka,Arteta etc..
I had once created a decent formula based on pes master/psd/pes stats, age, years since retired but Konami screwed my formula at all, with last year's MyClub current life Beckham, when for a 43 age and almost ten years since his career peak, they gave him 71 speed,76 acceleration, 66 stamina, while in my formula , legends over 40 had speed /accel/stamina always below 70.

https://www.pesmaster.com/d-beckham/pes-2019/player/123447/
Man, you are into that stuff!! :WORSHIP:

Man, you are into that stuff!! :WORSHIP:
Hehe danke schön. The only problem you meet with legends if you nerf stats like i do, is that, since you cannot edit their potential like old PES, you must play alot with the annoying 40-99 stats cap , to achieve an OPR that will not break the immersion bit will keep his legendary status so he will have high potential when he gets regened in ML.
Example: lets say i create Ronaldo (phenomenon) with his real age 42. I start based on this Ronaldo . If i leave him 92 overall he will keep his legendary status but the realism will break cause Brazil NT will pick a 92 OPR 42 years old player. If i decrease only his physical stats ,speed, stamina etc, his OPR will stay high enough cause of the formula, even with 50 stamina. On the other hand if i decrease flat all stats the OPR decreades but , his ML growth chart is just a 42 player with high overall , but his regen is a generic ML regen player who has around 70opr and his best stats is speed and acceleration. Basically this happens with all players that have not superstar IDs. The most typical regen in ML is a player with average stats and high speed values usually , or at least higher speed than the rest stats.
If we could edit player's potential like the old games , early-peak/standard-lasting/late-lasting etc or even better a much deeper system than the old obe, we would be able to create the perfect database. Instead of this, we can only exploit the OPR combined with age, and just hope after dozens of seasons, the player growth will be realistic.

do you guys have any techniques (other than practicing/getting better at the game) to combat 45min and 90min CPU goals?

i played 2019 last night and lost to a 90min brondby goal - i had most possession but i squandered chances so i accepted the loss.
today playing juve in 2013 - they score at 45 and 90 mins.

numerous times i play pes and similar 45+3; 90+3 goals. what gives?

do you guys have any techniques (other than practicing/getting better at the game) to combat 45min and 90min CPU goals?

i played 2019 last night and lost to a 90min brondby goal - i had most possession but i squandered chances so i accepted the loss.
today playing juve in 2013 - they score at 45 and 90 mins.

numerous times i play pes and similar 45+3; 90+3 goals. what gives?
I find that The CPU gets a boost at the start and end of games (or at least 2nd half)
I can have a 73-77 % passing (me 73) then suddenly in the 2nd half it's 66-89.
Says a lot about the CPU boost,sometimes you can't clear it out if your own half.
Sometimes attack is the best strategy when the CPU keeps pressing you,but that almost always leads to a goal for the CPU.

Hoof the ball over the sideline,make your team crowd the box,don't try to take any touches inside/outside your box,just hoof it away.
That's how I'm trying to cope with the CPU

Played a few games on regular difficulty with my Roma ML.
And I had quite a good time doing it!

Might give this game a last go,plan is to setup a Super league (since there's no D2 for Italy)
Only teams from the top leagues,with stadiums as first priority,setting up a D2 with teams just beneath the top ones

I snapped tonight.

I'm trying my best to try and enjoy this game - I'm trying all the tricks - reduce difficulty; try different formats; diff modes.

Tonight away League game vs Huddersfield.

I make several chances where I'd expect Son or Moura to power through past the defender (attacker facing forward and defender facing the ball as its played) yet my attacker slows down and the defender recovers the ball.

H'field go and score and I lose 0-1.

I come to the conclusion that this game is just pot luck depending on how it wants to play you. There is no skill - just when the game feels like letting you win it will - I'm not sure what the algorithms are.

I've said it before - the game is playing me rather than me playing the game.

I dunno...I think I've seen enough now. I'm kinda set up in terms of getting a shot of PES when I really want it and I might just leave it at that.

Won't touch 2020 at least til its discounted and probably spend a bit more time on other games.

Disappointed.

Unless somebody can convince me otherwise there is some blatant japanese RPG elements that inhibit the game.

Like playing x tactic against y tactic will lead to positive momentum (hence more likely to win); x tactic against z tactic will lead to negative momentum (hence more likely to lose)

it might be worth firing up some sort of thread where ppl post up their tactics and results (to keep variables low, players of League mode on PS4).

on second thoughts, its probably the heat getting to me. as of yesterday i gave up on this game (on console). will try 2018 for a bit- at least until i start to see same scripted stuff.

I had 6-7 good games recently on Pes 19,but playing 18 at the same time,Pes 19 feels off in every possible way,end to end,always having strikers when backs turned to defenders and pulling off shots,no matter how much you put pressure on them.
This is from playing Regular/Professional/Top player/Super star.
Both on PA0 and PA1.
Game's shit,give up mate,go back to playing 18/17,it's like a soothing spring rain compared to my experience on 19

Task for all the experts who work editing PES 2019. It would be important to be able to count on the classic uniforms, kit model, with tight-fitting t-shirts and shorts. To give more realism to the classic teams (RETRO) and the players Legends that come in PES 2019.
At least the possibility of choosing a classic model in the internal EDITING MODE of the game, or to apply it through a cpk. external. But it would be a good contribution to add realism and fun to the classic teams of PES 2019. In addition to a great contribution for all existing PATCHS.

pes2018_zico_cbf_02.jpg

There are no PES editing experts that can help with the edition of classic uniforms ??
No one knows how to edit this?...

Task for all the experts who work editing PES 2019. It would be important to be able to count on the classic uniforms, kit model, with tight-fitting t-shirts and shorts. To give more realism to the classic teams (RETRO) and the players Legends that come in PES 2019.
At least the possibility of choosing a classic model in the internal EDITING MODE of the game, or to apply it through a cpk. external. But it would be a good contribution to add realism and fun to the classic teams of PES 2019. In addition to a great contribution for all existing PATCHS.

pes2018_zico_cbf_02.jpg

There are no PES editing experts that can help with the edition of classic uniforms ??
No one knows how to edit this?...
ASking about editing .cpk files in PS4 section? Obviously no one knows!

I snapped tonight.

The first thing you showed is one of my biggest pet peeves in PES. I can be sprinting with a 99 speed player and then a defender will step on the ball killing it's momentum entirely immediately. That's not realistic or remotely feasible in any situation.

Neither is the animation where the defender steps over the ball and pushes you out of the way. How I can be sprinting away from a defender and they are able extend their leg over the ball and force me off of it.

This game is very animation heavy and that's very much to the game's credit as well as to its detriment. Its animations are why I feel it looks and feels better than FIFA. At the same time the engine doesn't handle 50/50s well and this game lacks animations for said scenarios; in those interactions, it feels like the engine is tailored to clean wins one way or the other. But when the engine calculates a winner of an interaction, because of said animations, things can play out awkwardly on screen.

Like your player stopping so the defender can get to the ball. Or a defender turning into roadrunner to catch you. Etc etc.

If they address that and address the fact defenders can maintain max speed off the ball even when changing directions while on the ball you slow down almost to a complete stop when you change direction no matter how agile or a good dribbler you are, I'll be happy. Well happier than I've been with the game.

Also, I've been bouncing back and forth between advanced and manual shooting. I feel like manual relies too much on joystick skill and less on player attributes. That's makes it less realistic imo. Idk. I'm leaning towards going back to advanced shooting permanently.

The first thing you showed is one of my biggest pet peeves in PES. I can be sprinting with a 99 speed player and then a defender will step on the ball killing it's momentum entirely immediately. That's not realistic or remotely feasible in any situation.

Neither is the animation where the defender steps over the ball and pushes you out of the way. How I can be sprinting away from a defender and they are able extend their leg over the ball and force me off of it.

This game is very animation heavy and that's very much to the game's credit as well as to its detriment. Its animations are why I feel it looks and feels better than FIFA. At the same time the engine doesn't handle 50/50s well and this game lacks animations for said scenarios; in those interactions, it feels like the engine is tailored to clean wins one way or the other. But when the engine calculates a winner of an interaction, because of said animations, things can play out awkwardly on screen.

Like your player stopping so the defender can get to the ball. Or a defender turning into roadrunner to catch you. Etc etc.

If they address that and address the fact defenders can maintain max speed off the ball even when changing directions while on the ball you slow down almost to a complete stop when you change direction no matter how agile or a good dribbler you are, I'll be happy. Well happier than I've been with the game.
I started playing again recently, and the thing that is putting me off again is that out of say, 7-8 games, 3 of them I lost all in the same way. A pass or a low cross into the box, my defender intercepts it and stands still even though I pressed the clear button before he intercepted it so that he clears it quickly without trapping. Instead, he traps it, stands there taking his sweet time, and the CPU takes it off him of course, clear on goal and scores. Every time. Pisses me off.

And of course my passes going to the wrong player many times, my wrong player. Completely unintentional. Might be nothing to some but a big one for me. Complete turn off and ruins the immersion.

my passes going to the wrong player many times, my wrong player. Completely unintentional.
Is it still happening?? Wow, I thought they sorted this out with patches. That was one of my main reasons to learn manual.
Pes19 was first Pes in my experience, where passes on PA1 were clearly going to the wrong players. Especially when I wanted to pass ball around the middle of the pitch. It was driving me nuts.

Back
Top Bottom