PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Mate you are an encyclopedia of PES knowledge - I love it and you are helping me immensely because my past addiction makes my mind picture all the possibilities of MyClub but it sounds like the potential remains unrealised.

If MyClub is what konami want us to play I was thinking perhaps they'd improved the mode last year and possibly playing vs COM would be the answer to ML. If done right, it could be fantastic!

But the dream stops there and its good to read your post. Thanks.
Fingers crossed they will add more content this year, as both PvE and PvP people complained about lack of content last year. The game shouts for better vsCOM farm mode or something equivalent to Squad Battles of FuT, or something similar.

And something really outdated by now, considering the eFootball 2020 madness. In my ML after 1,5 season in Livingston, i moved to Rangers, to try a team with official stadium after 1+ year of ML saves.
In the first hardcoded derby Celtic VS Rangers, the Celtic CPu was so aggressive, after 1000 matches i have played, it is the first time i see something like this. Even the biased referee couldn't help them at all. They made more than 10 dangerous fouls, resulting in one straight red card and one after second yellow. It was the first match i was hammered so hard, basically they Cobra Kai-ed my players, strike first, strike hard, no mercy! Dont remember other match in 19 with CPU conceding two Red Cards and earning so much fouls.

Few videos
pes19 classic low cross
https://yadi.sk/i/1DtZ7ir6FF1i7Q

pes19 masterpiece of pass
https://yadi.sk/i/yOBEnmmvWRC5-Q

pes19 funny own goal
https://yadi.sk/i/UdBNLYuqC2zW4g

PES 2019 Wrong Collision System
Pictures
pes-19-wcs-1.jpg

pes-19-wcs-2.jpg

pes-19-wcs-3.jpg
Video

RicoSHIT - "random" bounce in needed direction

Anyone who knows what this is? Is there an Easter egg by someone or the developers? Only shows up in Maracanã
Absolutely no chance that's a developer thing. Otherwise we'd have heard about it by now and Konami would have been fined £1,000s for peddling erotic material to all ages.

Yes. I have Smoke Patch and EvoSwitcher, plus a couple of random face overhauls, so what could be the cause of this "easter egg" is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I can see the humor in this, but still I'd like to know

Is there anything in this world, that can improve this game?

no idea - I just booted up a game a few times in the past few days in exh mode and saw the usual PES rabies i.e. as soon as you lose the ball the opponent CPU just goes straight towards goal....no build up, no passing back.

So I'm looking to turn rabies mode off.

no idea - I just booted up a game a few times in the past few days in exh mode and saw the usual PES rabies i.e. as soon as you lose the ball the opponent CPU just goes straight towards goal....no build up, no passing back.

So I'm looking to turn rabies mode off.
Here you are dude.

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2019-tactics-discussion-real-teams-thread.79311

But still i believe this game has core problem in the CPU AI, which is beyond any fix. It's basically broken beyond repair.

Last edited:
it's a shame the ratings were not updated for most of the teams this week. It's understandable altough i'd love to have liverpool with poor ratings for a change at least for a week.

I love that my favourite team has A rating and particularly the monster Dzyuba has A rating for this week. 😈
Actually most of the team got a great rating except for Ivanovic who got a "D" because he conceded a stupid penalty IRL.

I will (try to) terrorize defenses in Divisions even if i have to try and stop messi/suarez,mbappe/neymar, mane/salah, ronaldo/dybala 1-2'ing for 99% of the matches.

Fun week ahead, mates. (last with live player rating updates in who knows how long)

Zenit and Russia all the way.

But still i believe this game has core problem in the CPU AI, which is beyond any fix. It's basically broken beyond repair.
It's like @Matt10 said earlier:

I downloaded Klash's 2020 tactics and yes, they make a positive difference, there's no doubt. But does it stop the AI passing back to the CB and then hitting a perfect 100-yard pass to the striker, who always perfectly chests it down, turns and runs at goal? It factually doesn't (I played four games in a row, and Leicester, West Ham, Man United and Arsenal all did it multiple times per game).

Just one example, of many (like the AI getting away with murderous fouls, players sprinting back to their formation-screen position because "transition play" just isn't part of the code, etc. etc. etc.) - it's the core of the code.

So much so, I played PES5 earlier today and lo-and-behold, I spotted a few familiar things and laughed out loud. AI long balls forward when you cut off a single passing lane, for example. This stuff has been around for a long old time.

But at least there's no "turn-shoot" goals, and there are (somewhat incredibly) more off-target, less-perfectly-powered passes. Constant AI pressing at least makes it feel like there's some transition. And some of the tactical options I swear are better integrated, and more powerful...

2015121717484903.jpg

That's not to mention the defensive options (I forgot there were three defensive line options). Or the "original" version of "team spirit"...

2015121717484765.jpg

Last edited:
it's a shame the ratings were not updated for most of the teams this week. It's understandable altough i'd love to have liverpool with poor ratings for a change at least for a week.

I love that my favourite team has A rating and particularly the monster Dzyuba has A rating for this week. 😈
Actually most of the team got a great rating except for Ivanovic who got a "D" because he conceded a stupid penalty IRL.

I will (try to) terrorize defenses in Divisions even if i have to try and stop messi/suarez,mbappe/neymar, mane/salah, ronaldo/dybala 1-2'ing for 99% of the matches.

Fun week ahead, mates. (last with live player rating updates in who knows how long)

Zenit and Russia all the way.
I think you posted in the wrong place dude. :)

I downloaded Klash's 2020 tactics and yes, they make a positive difference, there's no doubt. But does it stop the AI passing back to the CB and then hitting a perfect 100-yard pass to the striker, who always perfectly chests it down, turns and runs at goal? It factually doesn't (I played four games in a row, and Leicester, West Ham, Man United and Arsenal all did it multiple times per game).

Just one example, of many (like the AI getting away with murderous fouls, players sprinting back to their formation-screen position because "transition play" just isn't part of the code, etc. etc. etc.) - it's the core of the code.

So much so, I played PES5 earlier today and lo-and-behold, I spotted a few familiar things and laughed out loud. AI long balls forward when you cut off a single passing lane, for example. This stuff has been around for a long old time.

But at least there's no "turn-shoot" goals, and there are (somewhat incredibly) more off-target, less-perfectly-powered passes. Constant AI pressing at least makes it feel like there's some transition. And some of the tactical options I swear are better integrated, and more powerful...

2015121717484903.jpg

That's not to mention the defensive options (I forgot there were three defensive line options). Or the "original" version of "team spirit"...

2015121717484765.jpg
Love these tactics settings. I said it 1,000 times. Everything should be in, like a FM settings, both today’s and every older settings options.
Fun fact @Chris Davies on PES5 you said, it is the last time that on individual settings, on mark settings there were 3 options : zonal,manmaking and covering. Covering was making the DMF play like a libero in defense and covering every teammate overlap, EG you RB goes front the DMF covers his pos. in the 4 man line defense.

What i want to conclude is that, as you pointed in your screenshots, some thimgs the AI can't think of, you could force it to do with the appropriate settings.

Last edited:

2015121717484903.jpg

2015121717484765.jpg

That long ball manouver is the scripted CPU 'Player Roles' tactic used when there's a 'goal poacher'.

The AI do this a bit in general as the AI look to capitalize on anyone whos unmarked as far forward as possible, the AI pump long passes A LOT when you have Long-Pass setup but with the 'Goal Poacher' trait, that striker essentially plays with his back towards goal all game, almost ignores whatever the team tactic is in buildup, stays central and looks for any opening to shoot, hence the 'turn and shoot' goals happening all the time. I have a video which will show just how powerful this effect is and why if we can have a podcast its something i will discuss in detail among with a bigger point in the overall piss poor Konami marketing and organisation of PES in general as a complete product.

'Fox in the Box and Target man have a 'similar' effect but only target man encourages the same frequency of long balls. The issue isn't to take away Goal Poacher for strikers, its for the Database guys to not give it to every single number 9 for the sake of it. Along with possibly a function to dictate or remove player roles in certain tactic settings.

I'm not really sure how evoweb works, I was recommended to come here as I'm looking for help. I'm trying to import a league that isn't very popular outside of my country and can't seem to find an option file for PES 2019, but I have been able to find option files for 2018 and 2020. I've got the emblems and kits to work but the .ted can not be imported. I was told that there is a way to convert them. Can someone help?

I'm not really sure how evoweb works, I was recommended to come here as I'm looking for help. I'm trying to import a league that isn't very popular outside of my country and can't seem to find an option file for PES 2019, but I have been able to find option files for 2018 and 2020. I've got the emblems and kits to work but the .ted can not be imported. I was told that there is a way to convert them. Can someone help?

Convert .ted files?

Here you are dude.

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2019-tactics-discussion-real-teams-thread.79311

thanks pal ….. did you klash up the game before concluding its broken beyond repair?

if you did then i won't waste my time

I get physically sick seeing this thread being up and running!
The worst Pes of all times,and the only Pes I owned but have in a drawer by itself, so the little fucker knows how shit it is!

no other pes allows you knock the ball in front of you like pes 2019.

if a klash-up works, its worth it for that alone.

... plus I recall there was a DP where the game played a decent game -konami obliterated the game in the end :( ....its a shame this has become an annual konami pattern

Last edited:
thanks pal ….. did you klash up the game before concluding its broken beyond repair?

if you did then i won't waste my time

no other pes allows you knock the ball in front of you like pes 2019.

if a klash-up works, its worth it for that alone.

... plus I recall there was a DP where the game played a decent game -konami obliterated the game in the end :( ....its a shame this has become an annual konami pattern
Νο to be honest i didn't as i was following the Live Updates ehile i was playing it. But i believe no tactics edit can beat the "Low cross+shoot to high corner" routine.

I'm sorry mate - the comments/criticism ARE necessary.

I've played PES 2020 exhibition mode and I found it enjoyable. Even better would be a workable ML. Following this latest update I have played 4 games of ML with Napoli - and I'm willing to play on - for now.

But instead of delivering a FUN game which you can enjoy out the box and brings happiness they, instead, deliver a FRUSTRATING game experience (unless you're willing to put some serious time/money/effort in modifying the game) EVERY YEAR.

Things like the limited save/replay/game plan slots have been a problem since 2015 - this alone gives a sense of the game being locked in chains. If they locked the slots, then why shouldn't I think that the on-pitch saves/goals/results are also locked somehow too.

Perhaps in future they will monetize extra save slots like MGS survive.

Unless you stay critical and call out this crap - only then can you hope that someone in authority is reading and may think "hey we are unethical towards our paying loyal player base - there's no reason to limit their save slots - we need to change things up"

Stay silent and you'll end up paying £10 for an extra save slot.
I get physically sick seeing this thread being up and running!
The worst Pes of all times,and the only Pes I owned but have in a drawer by itself, so the little fucker knows how shit it is!
Hahahaha agree 1,000,000% pal. Come on guys, let this thread die already! !!!!!

Issue with this game was backheels and perfect shooting. I have been playing it a bit to compare with 20 and I choose 19 over 20 all day. 20 is aesthetically terrible. Player models and ball interaction are absent minded and the game is a hollow mess. 19 the player models interact with the ball with less revving up motion and there is actually a sense of resistance throughout the pitch. The ball doesn't get absorbed into the net like 20 does, and scoring goals feel more satisfying because the keeper isn't caught in two minds or being superman.

Again though, the biggest issue is that it took the subtle and rare elements of a beautiful game and tried too hard to make it the norm. I think I'll take my chances on 19 over 20 though.

Issue with this game was backheels and perfect shooting. I have been playing it a bit to compare with 20 and I choose 19 over 20 all day. 20 is aesthetically terrible. Player models and ball interaction are absent minded and the game is a hollow mess. 19 the player models interact with the ball with less revving up motion and there is actually a sense of resistance throughout the pitch. The ball doesn't get absorbed into the net like 20 does, and scoring goals feel more satisfying because the keeper isn't caught in two minds or being superman.

Again though, the biggest issue is that it took the subtle and rare elements of a beautiful game and tried too hard to make it the norm. I think I'll take my chances on 19 over 20 though.
The only reason i tempted to boot up again PES 2019 until now to be honest, is the old-school R2 function . Special controls and most important better first touch and trappimg the ball and the "let L-stick" and pivot to face the goalpost move.
Since pes5 i was using R2 to pass and receive tge ball about 75% of my game. Having it completely "destroyed" in pes2020 made me loose the feeling of controling the attacking game.
Especially the pivot move is completely out of context, being implemented on the SPRINT button.

Back
Top Bottom