PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
So, we're trying again. (I've spent the last two hours of my life sorting this out.)

Please post PES 2019 news and/or videos here - then they will be moved into the new, locked PES 2019 News Thread.

This thread will be used to discuss that news, and the game. NOT PEOPLE.

INSTANT BANS WILL BE HANDED OUT FOR:
  • Going too far off-topic
  • Making comparisons to FIFA
  • Being aggressive towards other members
  • Being PASSIVE-aggressive towards other members (SMARMY SARCASM ETC.)
  • Insulting ANYONE - another member, Adam, Asim, ANYONE, A-N-Y-O-N-E
Love or hate the game, everyone has the right to an opinion, and a right to not be attacked for their opinion. Nobody has the right to insult anybody.

IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS WHAT YOU WISH WAS IN THE GAME, GO HERE:
PES 2019: Wish List Discussion

IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS WHICH LEAGUES YOU'D LIKE, GO HERE:
PES 2019: What New Leagues Do You Want To See?

Goodnight, and good luck.

You're all dicks.

(KIDDING! :LOL:)

I've not watched many of the Youtube videos doing the rounds but from what I have seen I have been impressed with the lighting. I do hope the dynamic lighting that was teased in the trailer does come to fruition. Would be great if they could captures those winter 15:00 kickoffs where by half-time the floodlights are on.

When do we usually get news on ML ?
I'm all for gameplay vids etc,but I need the breakdown of modes,new content etc.
Can't remember when they usually release info.

Job well done Chris btw!

You're all dicks.

I've not watched many of the Youtube videos doing the rounds but from what I have seen I have been impressed with the lighting. I do hope the dynamic lighting that was teased in the trailer does come to fruition. Would be great if they could captures those winter 15:00 kickoffs where by half-time the floodlights are on.
I think rainy day games on 18 looks very good,if they could build on that,it would be really nice

Last edited:
  • Staff
Ahhh Chris, I was just reading through that thread when you deleted it, you should of just locked it.
All news has been put into the news thread. Sorry for the loss of the genuine content discussion in there but it's important we start again.

If I can find the time, I might spend another two hours digging the best content out and creating an "old" discussion thread. But I honestly can't bring myself to do anything else for this community at the minute, given the bile we've had posted here in the past couple of weeks.

Back on-topic now.

Just out of interest, is making scathing broad-brush denunciations of people's general approach to discussing and/or analysing things allowed? For example one contradictory thing I've always noticed in PES forums is that it's usually permissible, and often in fact encouraged, to deride people who are seen to be over-analysing videos or harmlessly speculating on whether the development is evolving in the right direction for their tastes and preferences, but conversely it would be extremely frowned upon to criticise someone or some people as being intellectually dishonest for let's say adopting the glass half full attitude and willfully ignoring blatantly clear evidence of faults that might be corrected if enough people spoke early enough about them. If the answer is that these are "fansites" and so intellectual honesty comes second to fanatically safeguarding people's delicate feelings about a product they derive value from then it might start to make sense to me. This should not be taken as questioning the decisions taken here, but merely an expression of curiosity.

You're all dicks.

That and the odd new animation are the only things I've found remarkable since PES 2019 was officially announced. Otherwise it's more of the same really, as far as I can see. Not impressed as a result.:TD:

Just out of interest, is making scathing broad-brush denunciations of people's general approach to discussing and/or analysing things allowed?

No.

If someone takes the time to analyse something, especially someone like @Matt10 with his videos, they're providing a talking point. If someone posts in a condescending manner to undermine their efforts, they're breaking the rules.

The community needs to stick together despite whatever opinions we have. I don't know how I'm supposed to represent Evo-Web at any kind of event in the future if, when someone logs on to see what it's like here, it's just a trash fire at any one moment.

After jumping to the other thread and having all the videos, one thing that stood out was a superstar game btw FCB and France. Seemed to me that the lobbed through ball pass was done by the AI in all of its first 4 attacks... Dont know if its bc of how the human player defended but I really wish they'd tone it down or attacked with variety...

After jumping to the other thread and having all the videos, one thing that stood out was a superstar game btw FCB and France. Seemed to me that the lobbed through ball pass was done by the AI in all of its first 4 attacks... Dont know if its bc of how the human player defended but I really wish they'd tone it down or attacked with variety...
I think having all of the videos together in one place actually works really well, it makes it easy to spot videos you've missed and to see the differences in people's playstyle (and the results they get).

As you say though, the impression I get of the AI is that it's still chipped-through-balls-agogo sadly.

I'm all for gameplay vids etc,but I need the breakdown of modes,new content etc.

Job well done Chris btw!
The next information should be out on July 17, the first stop on their tour, Italia.
So, we're trying again. (I've spent the last two hours of my life sorting this out.)

Please post PES 2019 news and/or videos here - then they will be moved into the new, locked PES 2019 News Thread.

This thread will be used to discuss that news, and the game. NOT PEOPLE.

INSTANT BANS WILL BE HANDED OUT FOR:

• Going too far off-topic
    Making comparisons to FIFA
    Being aggressive towards other members
    Being PASSIVE-aggressive towards other members (SMARMY SARCASM ETC.)
    Insulting ANYONE - another member, Adam, Asim, ANYONE, A-N-Y-O-N-E
Love or hate the game, everyone has the right to an opinion, and a right to not be attacked for their opinion. Nobody has the right to insult anybody.

IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS WHAT YOU WISH WAS IN THE GAME, GO HERE:
PES 2019: Wish List Discussion

IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS WHICH LEAGUES YOU'D LIKE, GO HERE:
PES 2019: What New Leagues Do You Want To See?

Goodnight, and good luck.
TWO HOURS?:SHOCK::WORSHIP:
Sorry you had to go through all the crap we all wrote.:D
I'll try my best not to go OT again. Thanks.

I don't reckon there'll be much more to tell about ML, if I'm honest.
Unfortunately I think so too. I'm pretty sure that they announced everything they have. Maybe there will be some explanations about the improved transfer system and the ICC, but what else?

A little part of me is hoping for a big surprise but that's probably not gonna to happen.

Konami say master league will be improved over next 3 years.
Only thing that’s changed in this years ML is realistic transfer fees and wages.
Messi will cost £100m and £15m year in wages.
Also they are improving the players that move so no more stupid transfers like Messi moving to Everton for example.

Like i've said before,i think that one of the biggest reasons,if not the main reason,that we still have sliding is because some turning,changing directions,dribbling animations and response times are still faster than they should.
They basically skipping animations in order to have these fast things and this normally brings incorrect footplanting in some cases because they haven't added these mini transition animations that are needed to achieve that.
And to be able to do that they have to make these fast things more natural and human-like.
I know they want to keep these fast things so the game to be more ''fun'' and appealing to a larger crowd and i understand that.But it would be better for the game to have this thing addressed.I don't know if it would be better for their pockets though to sacrifice some ''fun'' in order to always have correct footplanting..
That's the thing..And i understand it to some degree if you look it from a bussiness prospective..
Cause that's what it is afterall..And maybe it's a risk that it's not so easy to take..

Ideally i would want the changing directions,response etc to be as fast as it can allow correct footplanting in any case.
If it's not correct then this means that these things are faster than they should and they should bring these things to a more natural state and find the balanced sweet spot.I'm pretty sure that there is one and if they want they can find it.
Even if the game would be less ''fun'' if they found it.That would mean that it would be more natural and realistic and for me that's the only fun that i'm seeking for.

Anyway i think in full release it will be more polished it that aspect and sliding will be less than these alpha videos.
In 18 early videos i also remember seeing more sliding in movement,free kicks and corners but then for release they surely improved it.Funnily though they improved these,but they didn't improve some penalty kick animations which still had sliding also in release.It's like they knew that we won't ever win any penalties so why bother to improve them lol.

Another thing is that all these look even less obvious if you play on a slower speed.Then it looks more natural.
In faster speeds these things will always look worse.
In some latest good enough quality videos that i've seen though,there are some things that annoyingly happen faster than they should,but the general flow,passes etc looks good enough even for 0 speed.
It gives a feel that it's heavier and i like this.I hope for the demo we will see an even more polished code.
Now it can be seen that there are some unpolished mini bugs like some shirt textures on the waist dissappearing and reappearing but all these are probably due to the alpha build.

Job well done Chris btw!

unfortunately buddy the only upgrade master league got was the new leagues and a transfer upgrade other than that everything else is the same including regens, have to wait 3 yrs for a proper ML upgrade, but I reckon 5yrs to be safe, im hoping now the other game plays well and will be more than likely be moving over to that

I would like to be able to watch some game play replays from up in the stands like that San Siro pic.
Wonder if there has been any additions with the cameras in 2019?

Huge shame if the lobbed ball spamming by the AI from 2018 transfers to 2019 I will say that even though it was an easier game the attacking moves of the AI on 2017 was a lot more dynamic they would sometimes do something unexpected where as 2018 they had repetitive patterns of play that took away some team individuality

Maybe full release will reveal some nice AI additions in variation

other than that everything else is the same including regens

I don't know, i don't think they would announce it as a new feature, as it is a removal of an old system, to me there is still hope they did something about that.

I mean how could they annouce it? "Now you don't have Ronaldo being regenerated as an 85 rated 18 years old" ? Doesn't look like a great way to annouce it.

Huge shame if the lobbed ball spamming by the AI from 2018 transfers to 2019 I will say that even though it was an easier game the attacking moves of the AI on 2017 was a lot more dynamic they would sometimes do something unexpected where as 2018 they had repetitive patterns of play that took away some team individuality

Maybe full release will reveal some nice AI additions in variation

AI attacking in PES2017 was barely existent. You could literally do a tax declation and satisfy two girls while playing on superstar with a clean sheet in the end.

I don't know, i don't think they would announce it as a new feature, as it is a removal of an old system, to me there is still hope they did something about that.

I mean how could they annouce it? "Now you don't have Ronaldo being regenerated as an 85 rated 18 years old" ? Doesn't look like a great way to annouce it.
one of the guys that played the game, posted a video of the master league improvements and said regens are still the same.

one of the guys that played the game, posted a video of the master league improvements and said regens are still the same.

Well, if he has proof, thanks for putting my last hope of a good Master league to rest. :CRY:

This team really needs to be much bigger, it can't be that one year they focus on one thing they can't do the other. They should be able to fix things like these in one year, even when focusing on graphics improvements.

Well, if he has proof, thanks for putting my last hope of a good Master league to rest. :CRY:

This team really needs to be much bigger, it can't be that one year they focus on one thing they can't do the other. They should be able to fix things like these in one year, even when focusing on graphics improvements.
They should yes. They just need to put a few of these data editors on their payroll, a proper one, and they could do it.

RE: skating, I'm going to try -1 speed in the demo, hopefully it reduces a lot of that stuff.

Last edited:
unfortunately buddy the only upgrade master league got was the new leagues and a transfer upgrade other than that everything else is the same including regens, have to wait 3 yrs for a proper ML upgrade, but I reckon 5yrs to be safe, im hoping now the other game plays well and will be more than likely be moving over to that
That's sad man,I'd probably,if the gameplay is ok,use Pes 19 online,can't really play a ML in 2018 when the ML of Pes 11-13 is better.
Thanx man

Konami say master league will be improved over next 3 years.
Only thing that’s changed in this years ML is realistic transfer fees and wages.
Messi will cost £100m and £15m year in wages.
Also they are improving the players that move so no more stupid transfers like Messi moving to Everton for example.
I'll believe those two things when I see them.

Congrats @Chris Davies on managing to DRAIN THE SWAMP!

Can't believe it only took two hours tbh. Apologies if I inadvertently contributed some slime to the swamp; looking forward to a smooth, fluid discussion—like a PES game without fouls ;)

I'm trying to remain upbeat about the new lighting/graphics in general. But I find myself a little concerned with (a) the fact we only ever see PS4 Pro footage, and I really wonder how great it will look on a standard 1080p monitor run on my creaking PS4, and (b) the waxy kits. So much wax.

I don't wanna be cosmetic, since ultimately these things are the least important to me.

But that wax though... :SMUG:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom