PES 2019 VS FIFA 19 - Which one won the battle this year?

Which one won the footy battle this year?

• FIFA 19

• PES 2019

Results are only viewable after voting.
@Turdi182 how do you even play this game online? I thought to myself - feck it, I'll go and play few matches online on FUMA for the craic. Changed shots settings to manual, hit search, 10mins later it was still searching... 10:30pm on a saturday! So went back to my CM on FIFA. :LOL:

When I talked about the "kick off glitch" I thought about something different. I didn't think about a special attacking pattern that works every time. Just watch the video I posted above. At around 5:56 minutes player 1 scores a goal. Directly after kick off player 2 counters that goal and scores the 2:2.
That's what I was talking about like posted above its just that equalizers after kick off happen way too often to be random. It's clear to see if you play the game yourself that the player who conceded the goal(either you or your opponent) gets a boost after he conceded and that's why it happens so often that a goal is scored directly after kick off.
Well, possession changes when a team scores, so it's logical that the conceding team is more likely to score the next goal... It's like saying there's a "kick-off glitch" in basketball because teams mostly score themselves after they have been scored on.

I'd say I prefer FiFA 19. The basic gameplay aka shooting and moving the players is comfortable on FiFA.

Last PES game I actually preferred over FiFA was PES 14 and even that was because the pc port of fifa 14 sucked [also downgraded from 13 and moving players was laggier than any other fifa game I played].

Both games are by no means perfect but I'm going for FIFA for coming up with a better package. I've had many many hours of fun playing it and with the mods slowly coming in to invigorate the game, it looks even better now. PES has a better feel for the ball but I swear the tedium was getting to me. It plays fantastically well with the gameplay dt18 editing and all the various mods but otherwise, I wouldn't continue playing it. As a game, Konami have managed to conjure up a lesser version of itself despite its huge potential to be a footie sim.

my choice is fifa 19 . why ? miles better individuality - in pes 60 rated players doesnt make any difference when you compare them to 90 rated players. Fifa AI is much more unpredicable - goals ,players colissions , small touches etc. Pes feels so outdated and on rails ,esspecially AI. I think there is no hope for PES , only new engine can save this game . EA on other hand need to work on fouls and focus more on middle part of pitch coz this is fifa problem for many years i i guees they dont know how to fix it.

I cannot believe pes has more votes this year its that bad. % can be misleading though there's only 60 odd votes

I think a lot of people who don't like PES 2019 would never vote for FIFA because of a stigma that will never go away. I'd have included a "neither" option - I'd bet that'd be #1, PES #2 and FIFA #3...
Neither? This could aswell be me (not in a bad way, his honour).
I mean, I pre-ordered PES 2019: I enjoyed it for a while then it started getting on my nerves and I just gave up on it.
I never bought FIFA 19 but I played several matches both against the CPU and against friends (all of my friends have a copy of FIFA 19, most of them being on PS4) and I'm still being invited to FIFA 19 tournaments from time to time, but it always looked kinda soulless to me.
I really can't force myself to like the way the game has become since they moved to Frostbite, it's stronger than me.

On the other hand I feel that, even with their shortcomings, PES 2017 and FIFA 14 are much better games than the ones released this season, with PES 2017 being superior in certain things and FIFA 14 being impossible to match in others.
Of the two, I must admit that FIFA 14 is the one I played the most.

TL;DR: I've been playing PES 2017 and FIFA 14 (more of the latter) all along, I don't think I like either of these year's games very much.

Hello Friends. I want to say something from a point of view of a person who really do care very much of national teams international football. FIFA 13-16 were easy to edit and create ANT Patches. Ealier only I have played PES 3,4,5,6,2008, which have also ANT Patches. It was a really good time, time of PES 6, time of FIFA games 13-16. Always on PC.

Since FIFA 17 and PES 2017 many things have been changed, and for me personally too. Nowadays, I do not see bright future for me to create anything for FIFA games, it is to difficult to me, in comparison to PES games edit possibilities.

Even PES 2017 was not bad about gameplay, PES 2018 was equal with FIFA 18. I would say DRAW for me.

Now, PES 2019 is really much better in everything than FIFA 19: new stadiums, editing possibilties, better realism, beautiful graphics.

I have said ealier that on soccer gamming forum, as long as there will be not at least original in game all 55 UEFA's NT in FIFA games I will not buy this game again EVER. We know, it will not happen of course :). They (EA Sports) can not even add to game world's second NT - Croatia, what a shame for them, not a shame of course for great Croatia NT.

PES games series give us at least easy way to create ANT Patches and it is crucial for everybody who do care about NT's football, not only Brazil NT or Spain NT, but also Faroe Islands NT or Turkmenistan NT.
http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=104428

Only PES 2019 for now and PES series for the future!

Greetings from Poland!

Last edited:
If I was stranded on a deserted island and had to choose one of the two, it's an easy choice, fifa 19 for offline play. Thankfully I'm not however and I can have my pick from older games that are actually decent. :)

FIFA 19 online co-op is the only football gaming I do these days.

Fifa and PES offline are boring, too easy (Fifa) and too predictable.

Fifa wins, just.

Neither game has great gameplay, so I hate declaring a "winner", but if I had to I'd give the edge to FIFA, if for nothing else than the licenses and sliders.

I voted PES,
But from the start of the year (from launch day to January) i was really enjoying fifa and not really giving pes the attention it deserves. The main part of me really playing fifa was me actually having a good ultimate team.
I started getting bored of the stupid gameplay and went back to pes which i had missed as i had been a longtime es player back in the day. I have to say i loved PES 2012.
I got back into PES and i havent stopped playing it since what, January.

Now if you were to compare PES Master league to FIFA Career mode, Master league is really really scripted this year and you can really feel the scripting when playing. Whereas in Career mode there certainly isnt as much scripting (not as much as pes anyway) especially on legendary difficulty where on FIFA legendary isnt depressing to play but on PES without gameplay patches legendary will be nearly unplayable!

But ye, i voted pes :BOP:

Back
Top Bottom