Status
Not open for further replies.

scapegoate_23

Non-League
27 December 2018
London
Liverpool
Hey Folks,

So I have been pulling my hair out (What little I have left) trying to get over 45/48fps in PES 2020.

It was buttery smooth when it was first released, and I was loving it. But in one of the updates they added the VSync options in Settings, and since then I can't get over 45/48fps no matter what setting I use. I am running Windows 10 on Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro, my full system spec below. I can play Jedi Fallen Order in full resolution 144fps and it works like a dream. It is getting so bad I even bought FIFA the other day, and it plays and looks like a dream, but as good as it is, it isn't a football simulation like PES, its an arcade game. (Also it feels a bit like cheating on your Mrs!)

I have dropped all of the in game video setting to their lowest, I have dropped the game settings to 720p and still the same issue!

I think it is something to do with my monitor and PES. I have tried every combination of setting, but its the same, stuck on 45/47 fps which is just about playable, but it ruins my eyes with all the stuttering and flickering, so can only play two games at a time. I know the monitor refresh rate is 48-144, so that’s why I get some much flickering. But how can I get the game playing like it was when first released???

HELP!!

Setup

Monitor - Msi - MAG271CQR 1440p
MacBook Pro 15” (Mid 2017) Radeon 560, Intel Core i7 3.6ghz, 16GB RAM running Windows 10 on internal SSD.
Razer Core X - AMD Radeon Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 running the monitor.
Driver - AMD Adrenalin 2020 edition (19.12.3)

I don't know shit about Radeon cards, but have you tried disabling VSync in your game and force it to "Always on" or "Enhanced" in your Radeon driver panel instead? Sounds like the in-game VSync-option only triggers double buffering for some reason.

Nice one Tom, I tried this Again yes. But no joy. The same locked frame rate. It’s odd doesn’t matter what I change on any settings, it just stays the same

Hey Folks,

So I have been pulling my hair out (What little I have left) trying to get over 45/48fps in PES 2020.

It was buttery smooth when it was first released, and I was loving it. But in one of the updates they added the VSync options in Settings, and since then I can't get over 45/48fps no matter what setting I use. I am running Windows 10 on Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro, my full system spec below. I can play Jedi Fallen Order in full resolution 144fps and it works like a dream. It is getting so bad I even bought FIFA the other day, and it plays and looks like a dream, but as good as it is, it isn't a football simulation like PES, its an arcade game. (Also it feels a bit like cheating on your Mrs!)

I have dropped all of the in game video setting to their lowest, I have dropped the game settings to 720p and still the same issue!

I think it is something to do with my monitor and PES. I have tried every combination of setting, but its the same, stuck on 45/47 fps which is just about playable, but it ruins my eyes with all the stuttering and flickering, so can only play two games at a time. I know the monitor refresh rate is 48-144, so that’s why I get some much flickering. But how can I get the game playing like it was when first released???

HELP!!

Setup

Monitor - Msi - MAG271CQR 1440p
MacBook Pro 15” (Mid 2017) Radeon 560, Intel Core i7 3.6ghz, 16GB RAM running Windows 10 on internal SSD.
Razer Core X - AMD Radeon Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 running the monitor.
Driver - AMD Adrenalin 2020 edition (19.12.3)
But have you tried one of the other two options in pes settings?

@superleeds1 Thanks for the help.

Tried the settings that you recommend, still the same issue 44/45fps. Tried all the Vsync options in the game settings. Even bought a display port cable hoping that would help, it didn't.

Sadly, think I am going to have to accept defeat on this. I have been working on a solution since the update in October that killed 60fps. Spending all my time changing setting s and not playing footy.

Appreciate all of your help folks. Maybe PES 2021 will use a different engine and I will be back in the fold. Will keep an eye on updates for this one and hope something fixes my issue down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom