PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I mean the Thai league. Considering they announced a brand new licensed league... but it was useless. Pretty ridiculous from Konami.
I thought so. The most "mysterious" part about Thai League, is that they are really unplayable, unless you move them to PAS League, but somehow in the ML background they are still functioning, they are making player transfers, they have a Club ranking position and maybe they take part in some future AFC, i have not play more than 5 seasons to track their participations.
What i want to say is, they are unavailable for the human user, but they are still kind of playing, somewhere hidden deep in the ML background by COM.
Which makes this "limitation" even more ridiculous.

Last edited:
I thought so. The most "mysterious" part about Thai League, is that they are really unplayable, unless you move them to PAS League, but somehow in the ML background they are still functioning, they are making player transfers, they have a Club ranking position and maybe they take part in some future AFC, i have not play more than 5 seasons to track their participations.
What i want to say is, they are unavailable for the human user, but they are still kind of playing, somewhere hidden deep in the ML background by COM.

Yeah, that's due to the file I mentioned. An obsolete, old fashioned, database structure.
That's why they had to get rid of the second division leagues as well, in order to insert the Russian League and the other new ones.

I'm sure of this. The database structure and the EDIT000000000 file will be new in PES 2020. This will probably also enable them to have different Edit Mode. Not saying that it will be a lot better, just different. Probably most of the options will be the same.
I don't know how this will play out, but I think they are preparing the ground for the new engine and a more profound renovation in the future.

This is all just speculation from me by the way, after reading info and different rumours around, it's just a very raw uneducated guess.

Konami are a bit later this year. Just been back over tweets and mid May 18 we had a few videos released

Stop talking about new engine. Konami since 2015 doesn’t know how properly use FOX Engine and you want new one? Another 5 years teaching about new engine? I’m done.

This is not about what I want or not, mate. Relax.
It will happen whether you, me or any of us want it or not. For PES 2021 (or whatever the name's going to be).

Stop talking about new engine. Konami since 2015 doesn’t know how properly use FOX Engine and you want new one? Another 5 years teaching about new engine? I’m done.
I have lost all faith in the Konami/Pes team releasing a competent, fully functioning football game no matter what engine they have to work with. The last 4 years of broken promises and half-baked football gaming experiences has squeezed the last drop of faith in that company and it's employees for me.

Call me Crazy, but I want a Pes 2020 on a New engine even If It means a fucking broke, joke of a game like Pés 2014.

I Just want my excitement to be revived once again before the game release, at least pés 2014, as broken as It was, showed some fucking ambition, looked impressive and built excitement to play the demo.

I want to get that feeling back. Im tired of Fox Engine because I dont see any attempt of tech âmbition on it. It looks fucking the same and It hás Minor gameplay changes.

What about making the ballt physically independent from player movement ? What about making every little touch on the ballet different, not scripted Power and direction, and creating a New animation system/model with great transitions in wich the body movement and position is always adapting to every relevant change of ball ditection ?

Its lacking ambition from Konami, and this lack o ambition is more obvious ever since they get what the majority of their audiance want: fucking myclub, legends and face update.

I know they are not even getting the Basic right with the shitty AI with predictable, one direction attack and Scripting, but I personally dont see anything that could draw my attention to pes again and build some excitement. Nothing!

Last edited:
I heard (read) a rumour that the price for PES 20 will drop. I hope it's true

No I am not, really. It's article from this page https://lege.hr/2019/04/16/sve-sto-zelimo-znati-o-pes2020-ili-pes20/

It's on croatian and it says "change of price is expected which will cause return of former players of the game"
giphy.gif

AAAAAAAnd that is full of crap. Clickbait or how SeberRider says, its FAKE NEWS. There is LITE version and the price of the game is not what stops " former " players to return to the game, its the game itself.

Last edited:
Still no news on PES 2020? Hope it's a good sign of something great they are going to announce, but the same time I hardly doubt it. Hope PES 2020 is not gonna be a simple larger version than PES 2019, like sort of PES 2019 v2.0 (what EA Sports are doing with FIFA 17 till 19 and probably 20 too).
Actually don't know what to expect, gameplay-wise and graphic-wise.

the question is, can they prove us wrong after so long time... :SNACK:
Almost certainly not, but we can dream.

I reckon the delay is because Barcelona are gone. Pure, pure speculation on my part but I think they'll go over to FIFA this year, as they'll be throwing mad money at them as it's the only missing La Liga stadium.

Konami usually use Barcelona in trailers, perhaps this is why?

Almost certainly not, but we can dream.

I reckon the delay is because Barcelona are gone. Pure, pure speculation on my part but I think they'll go over to FIFA this year, as they'll be throwing mad money at them as it's the only missing La Liga stadium.

Konami usually use Barcelona in trailers, perhaps this is why?
If that was the case, surely you've got some guaranteed licenses and players you could just chuck a little mashup trailer and press release out? I don't think they're consumer base really give a shit about who is the official partner club or cover star, So if you haven't got one finalized, just save that for a separate announcement?

After all, PES 2014 didn't have a cover star at all. The theme of those trailers were Bayern and Corinthians i think.

Imagine Spurs winning the CL, that would be a problem for Konami...they already have a deal with Liverpool (and Arsenal) but not with Spurs.

It's dosent' matter what we wish or like to Pes 2020. They only make changes online, not offline. ML are same as 18 and 19, no bigger changes. Gameplay is awful Pes 2019 and there is BIG troubles to what to make better. Players are many years wish changes in gameplay but nothing happens. Same system year to year. I have only 2 Pes 18 and 19. ML is only what i play and i turn to back 18, because it's better when i play ML. Pes 19 is big joke and absolut robbish to play ML. Of course there is errors Pes 18 but nothing so big than Pes 19. They don't change gameplay better, maybe some new things and still there is those old bugs what they don't fixed. All players knows what they are, referee, no fouls, etc...
That's my opinion and i don't pay Pes 2020.

... not offline. ML are same as 18 and 19, no bigger changes......what they are, referee, no fouls, etc...
That's my opinion and i don't pay Pes 2020.

Basically to be honest, after some seasons in ML19 , it is a regressed version of ML18, in terms of mode content. They removed:
1)the stats tracking from Favorite Players, seasons appearences/goals.
2) the League Ranking, which results in how many teams qualify in EU competitions from each league
3)the Mission screen, has only one two missions and a owners trust % while in 2018 it has much more info,
4) The player status/info screen does not count anymore International Caps for players
5) The transfer/wage budget does not include prize from competitions, or income from clubs owner, i.e. winning the Ligue 2 and the EFL gave me around 200K euros, which cannot afford not even a low free agent's wage.
6) The description in Leagues regulations, in the explanation of how teams qualify to CL/EL, has description errors, in the explanation about EL it says CL.
7) In some contract renewal negotiations including release fee, it does not let you choose contract duration.
etc,etc.

The above are only some of the much that come in my mind.

That really doesn't follow. Products/services normally become bad/don't improve because of mismanagement, lack of vision, lack of resources.

Maybe you mean to say not that Konami "want the game to be bad", but they "don't care that it's bad". I think this second claim is still wrong, but more defensible than the first, by a long stretch.

Ok then, after Demo, Konami decided to turn the gameplay simple and more automatic.
The reasons are:
Konami wants to minimice the differences between players level reducing the game mechanics possibilities.
Konami needs automatize the game because online input lag doesn't allow precise player inputs in terms of time and control.

The key is the relation between the ball speed and players speed/acceleration. This makes the player take advantage of his pass decisions or not. This makes the player have to defend covering and staying well positioned on the pitch or allowing him to make high pressing constanly withowt being afraid of having a wrong team shape.
Look at this Demo online match:

The game becomes end to end because both player build up quickly and go to press in defense.
Both are unable to defend each other.
The relation between ball speed/player speed makes that player have to play more rationaly if he wants to be consistent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom