PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play off line ML , the AI of my team mates in ML or any of the mode has to improve. At the moment there is a lack of motion, players not under your control are to static and saying to us use the right button as you pass make them go on a run, yes it does but the game lacks momentum from my team mates under AI control. You see it in loose balls , where either the player I control tackles or is tackled and the ball is knocked loose, your AI controlled team mates stand and look while the cpu players and closing in on it. Another thing, why should you have to super canx to make your player move, I hit a pass to a team mate, as its coming to him and I have the control icon on him, I press sprint and point in the direction the ball is coming from to move him to it, nope just stands there until I hit super canx to get him moving sometimes that's to late and the cpu player have moved to it first.

Speaking of gameplay the 3 year cycle could be 15-16–17, 18&19 seemed to have a slightly different approach,cannot tell for sure in which cycle we are now.

In terms of ML , if the 3y cycle is true, it is 16-17-18 for sure cause the menus and functions are almost the same with tweaks. 2019 on the the other side doesn’t not have the revolutionary changes to assign it in a different cycle, everything seems pretty the same.
For example the 11-12-13 ML cycle has obvious differences with the 2014 ML, which was an empty shell. But in the 16~19 period I can’t spot any differences that can define 3-years cycles. UI is the same, negotiations & transfers are the same with some tweaks here and there,training also similar. If only by 3 years they include 4 game versions , cause 2019-2016= 3 years but 4 game versions. :)

My interpretation of 3 year cycle is different from yours :

PES xxxx :
year 1 - high script/crap AI/push peeps to MyClub
year 2 - final patches/lower script/rinse the MyClubbers
year 3 - servers off/the game as it should have been released for offline play

Hence for 2019/20 season we should be playing 2018 for offline play and 2019 for online play

[This theory could also explain why 2017 is getting some forum love at the mo.... BUT note that the three year plan was mentioned during PES 2018so perhaps we will only see it is 2018 next season.]

Last edited:
My interpretation of 3 year cycle is different from yours :

PES xxxx :
year 1 - high script/crap AI/push peeps to MyClub
year 2 - final patches/lower script/rinse the MyClubbers
year 3 - servers off/the game as it should have been released for offline play

Hence for 2019/20 season we should be playing 2018 for offline play and 2019 for online play

[This theory could also explain why 2017 is getting some forum love at the mo.... BUT note that the three year plan was mentioned during PES 2018so perhaps we will only see it is 2018 next season.]
:LOL:
That theory makes much more sense than it should.. :LOL:

We got to the point where we think we know better than Google... :LMAO:

Those people don't exactly knock it out of the park every time, Google+ is literally ending in two days

If I would get hired by the Konami PES team I would risk my job the first day by trying to get it into their thick skulls that they need new commentary and commentators. Adding some pre match filler about buses arriving at the stadium doesn't cut it. The English commentary has become astoundingly stale, and it does not exactly help that it was bloody terrible from the start.

In reality I would probably just take the money and go for a beer with Adam, that's right, I already sold you f*ckers out, MyClub is the best

Last edited:
I dont think they need new commentators.
They just need more and better lines. And they should get rid of those fake "arguments" between Beglin and Drury.
They dont need licences to make it better.
They should talk more about statistics. When two teams are on top it should be mentioned. Same with top scorers, assists, ect. There is a bit of that, but not nearly enough.
And they need way more commentary names in database to choose from. Common names in each coutry should be there.

In reality I would probably just take the money and go for a beer with Adam, that's right, I already sold you f*ckers out, MyClub is the best
:LOL:

D3AyRwqWsAU1wUZ.png

What a strange discovery, I searched "PES 2020 Barcelona" on google, and it appears an article from the official website of FC Barcelona named "Meet Konami's PES 2020" dated as of January 29, 2019

The article does not appear in the news feed of the website. The page mixes content from PES 2019 and PES 2017 (announcement of the partnership), but also false text showing that it seems to be a test page. But it is clearly written PES 2020 in the title, so strange

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/984703/meet-konamis-pes-2020#

Apparently from solid source, players got a new skill "Mental" and some new dribbles

"Mental" what could that mean? Isn't this almost the same as the form arrows? I hope it doesn't enhance any sort of momentum..

And new dribbles? Does it mean new skills or what?

Just hope they don't use that "new player traits" as a feature again. Because last year the 11 new player traits were a complete letdown.

We all see what is going on with PES series. All are pushing to MyClub and microtransactions.
It's all about the money !! If you pay you will have better players and the gameplay will be better, if you refuse to pay you will be screwed up and you must fight against your opponent and the game itself.

The online mode becomes a nightmare, after every week. When the game was released, playing co-op mode was blees ... 90% of the games were lag free, now its opposite 90% has nightmarish unplayable lag. If we use the same engine and same servers for PES 2020 I do not expect so much different in key areas. Will be the same game with different color pallet like they do with 2019 compared with 2018, even PES 2018 has way smoother animation and gameplay.

Perhaps the most interesting and curious thing about PES 2020 will be what another old feature and animation will present as NEW and unique, so this has become their core work.

I think Konami should go really far this year. They should think on a cooperative build, for example, with Marvel. Imagine a PES 2020 The Avengers Edition!!! That would be great! Playing online with my folks, Thor as a striker, Hulk on the goal etc... To be honest, I don´t understand why they still haven´t thought about this. They have implemented so many powers and momentum on the CPU side, I really believe they´re going for it!! Go Konami, GO!!!!

Also, why not a Magic The Gathering edition? I mean, we´ve gone so far from soccer now, let´s keep on going and maybe change the genre.

I wish they’d headline it like this:
The xxx from 2017, the xxx from 2018 and xxx from 2019, add some xxx from pes6, mix in some ISSx and leave out everything 2008: that’s PES(2020)! :)
The best of the best! Not gonna happen! :(

After kotaku EXPOSED FrostBite Engine how HORRIBLE is for creators to work on it, now makes sense if you looking FIFA, why is so bad, why players movements are so horrible and have so many bugs and problems.
Konami moving to Unreal Engine makes even more sense. The good engine is very very very important. When you can't create the best engine possible for your game, use the best engine available outside.

Last edited:
After kotaku EXPOSED FrostBite Engine how HORRIBLE is for creators to work on it, now makes sense if you looking FIFA, why is so bad, why players movements are so horrible and have so many bugs and problems.
Konami moving to Unreal Engine makes even more sense. The good engine is very very very important. When you can't create the best engine possible for your game, use the best engine available outside.
Is this the article you're talking about?

Kotaku: How Bioware's Anthem Went Wrong

Just got to hope EA learn from this, and I feel like terrible sales and having to fire 350 people the other week might be the kick up the arse they need to actually LISTEN to developers.

What? When? Where?

I must have missed that. Can you please provide a link?

Edit: @Chris Davies and I read that one just this morning. I started.

Last edited:
People praising Frostbite like it was the second coming but honestly it's nothing more than a new engine for the new gen, it added nothing as a whole, just flashy graphics, a bit like Pes Fox Engine.

Both engines were not created for football games and in the end they limited both games.

And both Fifa and Pes are stuck with these engines at least until next gen comes in a couple of years.

It's funny how Anthem devs complain about Frostbite and how it was conceived with other games -such as FIFA- in mind, but then you can see for yourself how it added nothing to FIFA. Just volumetric lighting?.
Such a huge screwup from EA.

I would love to see both PES and FIFA developed with the same engine.

Great shout - the things people can do with Unreal is... well, Unreal.

Rumour has it we'll get that for PES at least, come the new generation.

As for EA... Well, Bioware's response to the above article (essentially "journalists badmouthing us isn't appreciated", the whole response is just a written version of the "this is fine" GIF) doesn't fill me with hope that anyone (within EA or Bioware) are willing to listen.

This'd be more suited for the Contrast and Comparison thread, but I imagine people running around crazy from one point to the building to the opposite at EA headquarters (and Konami's too).

And Joe "Artist"-from the FIFA team- asking Bobby "Programmer" something like "Hey! are you coming to my box today so we can work on what we talked about yesterday?" to which Bobby would reply something like "Joe! No. Today is impossible for me, I'm heading down to the Anthem office right now to help them!, maybe next month?"

So Joe Artist is hung out to dry for a month, almost stuck while waiting for Bobby Programmer to return. And when Bobby returns, Joe is busy with something else because obviously he couldn't just wait for a month.
By the time they realise what they had talked about a long time ago won't work and will require them to re-scheme and re-plan things, a lot of time has passed by, they have deadlines to accomplish so they leave things pretty much as they were. Because at least, they were working before...

So maybe this explains why most of the stuff that annoys us from our favourite football games and expect to see massively improved on for the next version never actually get touched at all.
Like FIFA's animations looking skatey or robotic.
Or PES' being so limited in terms of possible outcomes.

It's funny how Anthem devs complain about Frostbite and how it was conceived with other games -such as FIFA- in mind, but then you can see for yourself how it added nothing to FIFA. Just volumetric lighting?.
Such a huge screwup from EA.

Didn't Frostbite also completely screw the development of another title with iconic background? Anyone still remembers Mass Effect Andromeda?

Didn't Frostbite also completely screw the development of another title with iconic background? Anyone still remembers Mass Effect Andromeda?

Well yeah!
That's actually mentioned in the article above.
Great read btw!

This'd be more suited for the Contrast and Comparison thread, but I imagine people running around crazy from one point to the building to the opposite at EA headquarters (and Konami's too).

And Joe "Artist"-from the FIFA team- asking Bobby "Programmer" something like "Hey! are you coming to my box today so we can work on what we talked about yesterday?" to which Bobby would reply something like "Joe! No. Today is impossible for me, I'm heading down to the Anthem office right now to help them!, maybe next month?"

So Joe Artist is hung out to dry for a month, almost stuck while waiting for Bobby Programmer to return. And when Bobby returns, Joe is busy with something else because obviously he couldn't just wait for a month.
By the time they realise what they had talked about a long time ago won't work and will require them to re-scheme and re-plan things, a lot of time has passed by, they have deadlines to accomplish so they leave things pretty much as they were. Because at least, they were working before...

So maybe this explains why most of the stuff that annoys us from our favourite football games and expect to see massively improved on for the next version never actually get touched at all.
Like FIFA's animations looking skatey or robotic.
Or PES' being so limited in terms of possible outcomes.
Meanwhile... at Konami HQ (from min 1:48):

I wonder if you need (expensive) licenses for players that are not under contract of a club anymore and the historic shirts etc. If not I would wish Konami to add a retro mode with complete leagues and tourneys from the 70's, 80's and 90's. They could use this mode to cater for people that like a more technique focused game with slower players and pitches. For me it would put back some soul in the game again, I just miss Konami from the old days that would just passionately do their own thing; football first, then the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom