PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read some speculation on the WeBrothers site that Liga NOS was only licensed for the 2019 game. The league released their financials for licensing stuff and it showed a one year deal for something like €73,000. Apparently EA are close to the Portuguese league as well, meaning we may not have Liga NOS next year... We'll see

If that was the case, surely you've got some guaranteed licenses and players you could just chuck a little mashup trailer and press release out? I don't think they're consumer base really give a shit about who is the official partner club or cover star, So if you haven't got one finalized, just save that for a separate announcement?

After all, PES 2014 didn't have a cover star at all. The theme of those trailers were Bayern and Corinthians i think.
I agree that it's not important to me, but Konami definitely put stock in it, otherwise they wouldn't spend as much as they do for the exclusive deal they have/had. The Nou Camp is really the only real trump card over EA that Konami have, to lose that would certainly hurt them from a PR perspective.

Imagine an editor where you can create whole league systems with relegation and promotion and set the rules for them. That would be just amazing, people would create the German leagues right down to the 6th league :LOL:.

But what‘d be the point if Viktoria Aschaffenburg would give you the same challenge as, say, Hertha? Plus, you‘d have to create faces for all these guys. I might sound superficial, but the more (scanned) faces I get into the game, the less I can tolerate the Konami heads with their iroquoise hairdos, their pointed sideburns and their groomed stubble which makes all of them look like pimps or members of a mafia clan.

But what‘d be the point if Viktoria Aschaffenburg would give you the same challenge as, say, Hertha? Plus, you‘d have to create faces for all these guys. I might sound superficial, but the more (scanned) faces I get into the game, the less I can tolerate the Konami heads with their iroquoise hairdos, their pointed sideburns and their groomed stubble which makes all of them look like pimps or members of a mafia clan.
For me the base copy method worked really good this year. The similarly between players in this years database , which has so many face scans worked at all. For the most noticeble the are some builds in Youtube that totally rock. I.e. i recently found a Ronaldinho face build that it was better than the KONAMI scanned one.
What would help more and make editing time shorter, would be if they had in edit face , the ability to choose an already scanface as default, like the ps2 era, actually include as an option every default scan to choose for a created/ edited player and have also the Pes2016 ability to be able to edit hairstyle in already scanned-faces without being hard-bonded as this year and in 2018.

All in all, pes was always based to shortcuts and "patent tricks" from the community , to be editedor played properly.

But to be honest i don't think they give a shite about make editors life better, more than the already rigid system we have, with which they feel accomplished. Can't recall if the recent survey had any single question about editing experience feedback.

what would help me out a lot: a computer based system. be it a software to install or "even better" some website or online hub! exporting, importing, sharing, coop-editing, templates, face import, stat editing, league creation, stadium creator...

welcome to konami.pes-hub.com! create. share. enjoy.

sounds great, like www.thingiverse.com for 3D printing

what would help me out a lot: a computer based system. be it a software to install or "even better" some website or online hub! exporting, importing, sharing, coop-editing, templates, face import, stat editing, league creation, stadium creator...

Best suggestion ever. It could also bundle the gazillion dt18 files floating around here to a point that finding and downloading the latest one is more difficult than decrypting a blockchain algorithm.

Great idea but to be honest? Never happen.

There's zero chance of that.
Konami would have to either host the files themselves or endorse a third-party that hosts the files.
The files would contain copyrighted material and therefore Konami would be liable for enabling the breaching of copyright laws.
EA would be on them like a rash.

Crossing fingers and wishing August 2018 Build was the starting point of PES 2020.

Konami's workflow:

Dev team "A" ->work on PES until August -> Holidays on September -> starts next year PES developement on October.
Dev team "B" -> work on updates and datapacks addons -> mess the game until April -> bring coffes to team "A" until August

I remember time two months before Pes 2008 release. How big name Konami and Seabass was in that time. I was 100% confident that Pes 2008 will be superb and the best football game ever! Why? Because its Pes and Konami! The best football creators. Everybody know what happened two months later...
I wanna kick it! Love this trailer at that time!

What's the chance of Konami releasing a public beta around July/August? They need to get the community involved and this time really listen them.

I remember time two months before Pes 2008 release. How big name Konami and Seabass was in that time. I was 100% confident that Pes 2008 will be superb and the best football game ever! Why? Because its Pes and Konami! The best football creators. Everybody know what happened two months later...

That was a great trailer, In 2008 this looked like a true next gen PES. Then the demo came out and it was an sample of the perfomance issues the game would suffer from on consoles, then that's not to mention the limited edit mode and 10 stadiums :(

Remember the time when they didn't care about having unlicensed teams with fake kits on a trailer?.
I miss those times.

Almost certainly not, but we can dream.

I reckon the delay is because Barcelona are gone. Pure, pure speculation on my part but I think they'll go over to FIFA this year, as they'll be throwing mad money at them as it's the only missing La Liga stadium.

Konami usually use Barcelona in trailers, perhaps this is why?

Well... if the deal with Barcelona is off I (which I doubt), they are definitely making sure they milk it out till the very last second!

Well... if the deal with Barcelona is off I (which I doubt), they are definitely making sure they milk it out till the very last second!

Tempting to send to one of my favourite twitter accounts, by the name of "Fullkitw***er* ;)

I think this " lag " of information about new PES is connected with new regulating and banning of the pay to win loot boxes in games like FIFA and PES. Both companies are waiting to see what will happen, to know then how to run their PR campaign and what will happen to their games in general, since until now all the work and focus has been on MyClub and UT and microtransactions and gambling practices. In my opinion, the lootboxes ban will be more disastrous for PES than FIFA. FIFA has licenses and other modes that people can play, Konami has nothing to offer to compete, and they themselves admitted that their main profits come from microtransactions. So if they disappear, and Konami will reconsider if has point to do PES series after they will not have enough money. I will be no surprised if we will have not PES this year at all.

Last edited:
I think this " lag " of information about new PES is connected with new regulating and banning of the pay to win loot boxes in games like FIFA and PES.
Related to this...

An iPhone/Android version of Mario Kart is currently in beta. As things stand (see this article), the microtransactions make it pay-to-win. Interestingly, this beta is only available in the US.

I just wonder if this is a larger indication of things to come. Will the European version not have any microtransactions (and if so, wouldn't everyone rather play this one - will US players try to sideload the EU version)? Or, will there simply not be a European release?

Now there's no way myClub and/or Ultimate Team simply wouldn't exist in Europe - it's the most popular part of both games... But it's an interesting situation...

Anybody knows the stupid reason why Konami has old school uniform 3d model inside the game engine, and doesn't allows us to use it?

Let it inside the game database and modders will do the dirty job for you.

Anybody knows the stupid reason why Konami has old school uniform 3d model inside the game engine, and doesn't allows us to use it?

Let it inside the game database and modders will do the dirty job for you.
When was the last time we could use retro kit models in edit mode? I believe it was PES 3 but think maybe PES 2011-2013 had them?

I also found it a shame you'd see this beautiful retro kits in these myClub reveal trailers but they weren't available in the game. Konami are such teases.

I'm aware it's clearly a licensing issue, but why not just use a generic kit instead of showing something people might like IN GAME knowing you could never provide to to them?

Just bizzare PR...

When was the last time we could use retro kit models in edit mode? I believe it was PES 3 but think maybe PES 2011-2013 had them?

I also found it a shame you'd see this beautiful retro kits in these myClub reveal trailers but they weren't available in the game. Konami are such teases.

I'm aware it's clearly a licensing issue, but why not just use a generic kit instead of showing something people might like IN GAME knowing you could never provide to to them?

Just bizzare PR...
Bizzare PRTM ! :LOL:
you just leaked the internal name for that department at KonamiHQ! ;)

I think this " lag " of information about new PES is connected with new regulating and banning of the pay to win loot boxes in games like FIFA and PES. Both companies are waiting to see what will happen, to know then how to run their PR campaign and what will happen to their games in general, since until now all the work and focus has been on MyClub and UT and microtransactions and gambling practices. In my opinion, the lootboxes ban will be more disastrous for PES than FIFA. FIFA has licenses and other modes that people can play, Konami has nothing to offer to compete, and they themselves admitted that their main profits come from microtransactions. So if they disappear, and Konami will reconsider if has point to do PES series after they will not have enough money. I will be no surprised if we will have not PES this year at all.

Nope.

Madden 20 includes Ultimate Team. No changes like that this year, if any. Maybe a little iffy that PES 2020 hasn't had its official announcement and/or teaser yet, but Fifa usually has a teaser in the week leading up to E3.

Maybe PES 2020 will be out later this year so maybe that explains a lack of information on their part..

That game has some of the best/worst PES songs ever.

Who knows. All I know is the deal is up this year and EA will be trying their best to sign them up.

Just bizzare PR...
Could not agree more, they did it with Del Piero and Nedved last year. Why go to the effort of creating it, complete with unique collar that isn't in the game only to then not let people use it? And, even more odd, only do it for certain legends and not for others who just get stuck in a MyClub generic kit.

It's just weird.

This is from this year:
Complete retro uniform recreation with Lotto logo and Mediolanum sponsorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom