PES 2020 Tactics Discussion & Real Teams Thread

Appreciate the effort, however, the only End of Year tactics released on 18th December are for PC import only. I'm on PS4, therefore I cannot see what the End of Year tactics look like. The only ones viewable are the ones released in September, which aren't the same as the set released in December.
Ah, ok.
I do use those from September and tweak them a little myself.
Football apps and/or websites like Transfermarkt.de are helpful here.

Here's a quick question about in-game tactical settings: I'm no noob to the PES series, but since this edition was released I have a vexing problem. How can opposing AI team strategies be set so that the CPU actually applies them? I've tried every combination in the "Support Settings menu but none of them can make the AI opponent change its Preset Formations during the course of a match. The AI barely budges re: Offense/Defense level & Advanced strategies as well. But my primary beef is the inability to play the CPU while it switches Preset Formations.

This, of course, has a dulling effect on ML or any other competition. Any clues will be appreciated.

Here's a quick question about in-game tactical settings: I'm no noob to the PES series, but since this edition was released I have a vexing problem. How can opposing AI team strategies be set so that the CPU actually applies them? I've tried every combination in the "Support Settings menu but none of them can make the AI opponent change its Preset Formations during the course of a match. The AI barely budges re: Offense/Defense level & Advanced strategies as well. But my primary beef is the inability to play the CPU while it switches Preset Formations.

This, of course, has a dulling effect on ML or any other competition. Any clues will be appreciated.

You hit the nail on the head. All PES from 2013 onwards that have the att/def level modifier suffer from the same problem.

If the CPU att/def level is neutral, the CPU AI will lack any motivation i.e. they are PASSIVE. [you see this simply by putting the controller down]

when CPU att/def level goes attacking, the CPU AI is ACTIVE. This usually will happe towards the end of the game which is why last minute goals happen so often in this series.

Its taken years, plus a lockdown due to a pandemic, for me to finally see this.

So far, there seems to be no solution other that calling these (BS) mechanics out to the devs [TO LET THEM KNOW THE PLAYERS ARE WAKING UP FROM THE MYCLUB TRANCE] so they pull their finger out,

I'm just glad you've noticed something - it sounds like you are seeking an ACTIVE game; whilst other players (confusingly for me and also harmful for the games future directions) do not contest the PASSIVITY of the game,

I'll definitely be looking to see if this is addressed in any future PES demo cos this is pretty scandalous for a footy game that RRPs at £50+ on release.

[i'm not sure if this could be a factor why ppl prefer disc version - i wonder if those playing disc e.g. @spurs73 could take a mo to look into this]

I've played a lot with the Switch Preset tactics on, so I hope I can help. These are my observations when playing with my team, should also be the same for opponent AI.

When you're facing similar or better teams the "AI manager" defaults to using your Defensive Formation. And when you are 2 goals down or have a clearly superior team it plays the attacking formation. I've never actually seen it use the Default formation.

Hi guys, lots of videos today, these are all from the 1.01 patch from the very start of the game back in September/October

Vs Spurs
https://open.lbry.com/@klashman69:b/LEAGUEMODE-EVE2:e?r=CpiE5yCEFTggmFmbbc3JXCRicicBgpWn

Vs Bournemouth
https://open.lbry.com/@klashman69:b/LEAGUEMODE-EVE3:3?r=CpiE5yCEFTggmFmbbc3JXCRicicBgpWn

Vs Manchester City
https://open.lbry.com/@klashman69:b/LEAGUEMODE-EVE4:6?r=CpiE5yCEFTggmFmbbc3JXCRicicBgpWn

Vs Watford (Includes still probably the best goal I've scored on PES 2020)
https://open.lbry.com/@klashman69:b/LEAGUEMODE-EVE5:7?r=CpiE5yCEFTggmFmbbc3JXCRicicBgpWn

Vs Norwich
https://open.lbry.com/@klashman69:b/LEAGUEMODE-EVE6:5?r=CpiE5yCEFTggmFmbbc3JXCRicicBgpWn

Thanks for the tip whoever sent it.

If you have issues with the videos on LBRY i'll upload to youtube later as a lesser priority.

WOW i have fiber internet with 400 mb/s and i can't load videos from LBRY and frame-rate looks odd ...

WOW i have fiber internet with 400 mb/s and i can't load videos from LBRY and frame-rate looks odd ...

It works best if you download the Desktop player on on the phone, it works in conjunction with the LBC blockchain itself. I use it since you earn within the ecosystem based on your content, nobody needs to donate behind a paywall like Pateron etc.. its hard times out here and the last thing i want to do is hustle people for money right now for things which essentially should be freely shared and enjoyed.

This is the future. but right now i think the site simply lacks the bandwidth to watch videos consistently on it unless you use it a lot. I had the same issues when i first used the platform.

Ok, Much content to come.

First before the Bundesliga restarts i will release a book of some of the top leagues Pre Corona Tactics n full emulating the last match before Corona lockdown all over Europe especially. Only a few teams like Gronigen wont have their last tactic since their 5-4-1 seemed to be a one off.

So Holland is done, France next, then probably Bundesliga to prepare for the Post corona content.

Will release Holland tomorrow for PC, PS4 i will do after France is done to.

You hit the nail on the head. All PES from 2013 onwards that have the att/def level modifier suffer from the same problem.

If the CPU att/def level is neutral, the CPU AI will lack any motivation i.e. they are PASSIVE. [you see this simply by putting the controller down]

when CPU att/def level goes attacking, the CPU AI is ACTIVE. This usually will happe towards the end of the game which is why last minute goals happen so often in this series.

Its taken years, plus a lockdown due to a pandemic, for me to finally see this.

So far, there seems to be no solution other that calling these (BS) mechanics out to the devs [TO LET THEM KNOW THE PLAYERS ARE WAKING UP FROM THE MYCLUB TRANCE] so they pull their finger out,

I'm just glad you've noticed something - it sounds like you are seeking an ACTIVE game; whilst other players (confusingly for me and also harmful for the games future directions) do not contest the PASSIVITY of the game,

I'll definitely be looking to see if this is addressed in any future PES demo cos this is pretty scandalous for a footy game that RRPs at £50+ on release.

[i'm not sure if this could be a factor why ppl prefer disc version - i wonder if those playing disc e.g. @spurs73 could take a mo to look into this]

I have been testing ways to make the vs Com games in ML more appealing and trying to get the Com to utilise players' skill sets etc.

I only play PES 2017 and I believe I have cracked it. Any players who have flair skills like Scissors Feint, Flip Flap etc must have COM Playing Style: Trickster turned on.
Players who have Turn skills like Cut Behind and Turn, Scotch Move etc. Need to have COM Playing Style: Mazing Run turned on.
THIS ACTUALLY WORKS! And the game is an absolute joy!

I asked a friend who's an editor for PES Universe to try this out on PES 2020.... it did nothing to the game!

All the feedback is helpful. Thanks, mates. Then I suppose it's just a feature of this edition that if I edit an opposing team to have unique Preset Formations & then play against it the on-screen indicator will NEVER switch between Formations... Strange.

All the feedback is helpful. Thanks, mates. Then I suppose it's just a feature of this edition that if I edit an opposing team to have unique Preset Formations & then play against it the on-screen indicator will NEVER switch between Formations... Strange.
I think that's true. But you can clearly see in gameplay when the opponents switch formations though. At least if the formations are different enough.

I have been testing ways to make the vs Com games in ML more appealing and trying to get the Com to utilise players' skill sets etc.

I only play PES 2017 and I believe I have cracked it. Any players who have flair skills like Scissors Feint, Flip Flap etc must have COM Playing Style: Trickster turned on.
Players who have Turn skills like Cut Behind and Turn, Scotch Move etc. Need to have COM Playing Style: Mazing Run turned on.
THIS ACTUALLY WORKS! And the game is an absolute joy!

I asked a friend who's an editor for PES Universe to try this out on PES 2020.... it did nothing to the game!

if its there in 217, I wonder if there is some other way to get it going in 2020. The fact that DP1. felt as good as it did makes me hopeful we'll find some answer (or that DP1.7 will be the answer).

It'd be good to try your OF at some point. I have a 2017 OF file for PES 2017 on my main accnt already. I dont want to affect that.

if I created a new PSN account and loaded your ted files into pes, i assume i could then have the option of playing with your file on that account - and when I wanted to go back to my original OF I just switch back to my original account? [ @slamsoze - you probably already answered this type of Q before but your clarity would be good]

if its there in 217, I wonder if there is some other way to get it going in 2020. The fact that DP1. felt as good as it did makes me hopeful we'll find some answer (or that DP1.7 will be the answer).

It'd be good to try your OF at some point. I have a 2017 OF file for PES 2017 on my main accnt already. I dont want to affect that.

if I created a new PSN account and loaded your ted files into pes, i assume i could then have the option of playing with your file on that account - and when I wanted to go back to my original OF I just switch back to my original account? [ @slamsoze - you probably already answered this type of Q before but your clarity would be good]
thats true. if you pick the "No Kits version", it will be even better for you. No kits-image slot pressure!

thats true. if you pick the "No Kits version", it will be even better for you. No kits-image slot pressure!
Absolutely agree. Choose no kits and use 2nd account.
You need to play Exhibition to see the AI in full flow.
(Master League seems to nerf the AI until your Team Spirit hits 90+, but that takes time).
So, Exhibition, 15 Mins, Superstar setting. Wet conditions

I recommend playing against Crystal Palace as they're ALL about long balls to wingers and Crossing for Benteke.

Ok, Much content to come.

First before the Bundesliga restarts i will release a book of some of the top leagues Pre Corona Tactics n full emulating the last match before Corona lockdown all over Europe especially. Only a few teams like Gronigen wont have their last tactic since their 5-4-1 seemed to be a one off.

So Holland is done, France next, then probably Bundesliga to prepare for the Post corona content.

Will release Holland tomorrow for PC, PS4 i will do after France is done to.

Premier League, Eredivise, Ligue 1, Bundesliga
Pre Corona Tactics:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6grs..._zlac_#PESTACTICS_Pre_Pandemic__v1.0.zip/file

Serie A and La Liga by Friday. Will try to see if i can do the books for PS4 users. Found methods of transferring tactics from PC to PS4 actually that i should also test.

@klashman69 - Hey Klash - awesome work on the tactics. It definitely improved my experience on ML. I am a PS4 gamer and was wondering if you had any luck with exporting PC TED's to use for PS4? Of course I'll settle for PDF's if not :D

Premier League, Eredivise, Ligue 1, Bundesliga
Pre Corona Tactics:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6grscy6m72ggqe2/PC_PES_2020_Tactics_mass_export_import_by_zlac_#PESTACTICS_Pre_Pandemic__v1.0.zip/file

Serie A and La Liga by Friday. Will try to see if i can do the books for PS4 users. Found methods of transferring tactics from PC to PS4 actually that i should also test.

Thank you very much for your efforts. I play on the PS4 and would love to have the opportunity to implement your tactics to my game. It seems like creating PDFs for each team (as you've done before) would take quite a bit of time and effort. Wouldn't it be easier and faster to just record a video of going through each team that has been updated in your edit menu and uploading those videos? I would estimate a 20 team league would take about 2-3 minutes to complete. Versus doing the PDFs would take MUCH longer (10x? 100x?). Just a suggestion. Either way, I appreciate what you do for the game.

Thank you very much for your efforts. I play on the PS4 and would love to have the opportunity to implement your tactics to my game. It seems like creating PDFs for each team (as you've done before) would take quite a bit of time and effort. Wouldn't it be easier and faster to just record a video of going through each team that has been updated in your edit menu and uploading those videos? I would estimate a 20 team league would take about 2-3 minutes to complete. Versus doing the PDFs would take MUCH longer (10x? 100x?). Just a suggestion. Either way, I appreciate what you do for the game.

I second this if this is possible Klash, appreciate all you do.

one of the things that bothers me the most is the poor quality of the pressing of the cpu strikers who press in a disorganized way and
often run around with no sense being not very reactive, active and involved in the first pressure, when we set the action from below with our defenders.
. I decided to give it a try by putting Manè, Salah and Firmino 80 in " defensive awarness ", " ball winning " and " aggression ". In addition I put " man marking " and " interception" skills on him. I am very satisfied, I think it is an excellent solution for many top teams.

I can say that in this case I thought these values not as individual values but as values that represent the tactical organization of a team. because if a team has an excellent pressing, it is also due to the quality of the pressing that his strikers do

I also came up with a project to which I could dedicate myself for Pes 21, perhaps too ambitious project: dividing the teams into bands, based on tactical organization and their propensity to dominate the game. For example Liverpool and City in the first band, then with the strikers who will all have 80 in the defensive stats. Then for example Dortmund in the second band, so the strikers will have 75 and so on to go down ...

Another experiment I am doing is to put " man marking " and " interception " skills on ALL players ( defenders, midfielders and strikers ), but in this case without changing the defensive stats. In this way, all CPU players are more responsive and intelligent when out of possession

Last edited:
one of the things that bothers me the most is the poor quality of the pressing of the cpu strikers who press in a disorganized way and
often run around with no sense being not very reactive, active and involved in the first pressure, when we set the action from below with our defenders.
. I decided to give it a try by putting Manè, Salah and Firmino 80 in " defensive awarness ", " ball winning " and " aggression ". In addition I put " man marking " and " interception" skills on him. I am very satisfied, I think it is an excellent solution for many top teams.

I can say that in this case I thought these values not as individual values but as values that represent the tactical organization of a team. because if a team has an excellent pressing, it is also due to the quality of the pressing that his strikers do

I also came up with a project to which I could dedicate myself for Pes 21, perhaps too ambitious project: dividing the teams into bands, based on tactical organization and their propensity to dominate the game. For example Liverpool and City in the first band, then with the attackers who will all have 80 in the defensive stats. Then for example Dortmund in the second band, so the attackers will have 75 and so on to go down ...

Another experiment I am doing is to put " man marking " and " interception " skills on ALL players ( defenders, midfielders and strikers ), but in this case without changing the defensive stats. In this way, all CPU players are more responsive and intelligent when out of possession

Really interesting idea. When you changed the Liverpool front 3's stats and skills what game mode and level did you observe the changes in? For example was it in Master League on Top Player? Also did you notice the mentality (red/blue meter) of Liverpool as you observed the changes?

Others have commented that the mentality of the team has much to do with how "active" they play and I've certainly observed that when teams are on red that they press and play more aggressively. I also wonder if you just changed the players aggression would it achieve what you want them to do?

Really interesting idea. When you changed the Liverpool front 3's stats and skills what game mode and level did you observe the changes in? For example was it in Master League on Top Player? Also did you notice the mentality (red/blue meter) of Liverpool as you observed the changes?

Others have commented that the mentality of the team has much to do with how "active" they play and I've certainly observed that when teams are on red that they press and play more aggressively. I also wonder if you just changed the players aggression would it achieve what you want them to do?

I always play legend difficulty . tests for now I have only done in friendly match with CPU in grey or Red mentality. But soon i start a new master legaue in Scotland with all the modified teams.

With the default defensive stats, Obviously when the CPU is in the red "mentality" it is certainly more aggressive but the presssing of the strikers is however not very organized because they have very low defensive stats. the purpose of my changes is to make the pressing of the strikers more intelligent and effective as it happens for big real teams

Last edited:
here is a small example

focus on the external Celtic strikers. look how well they occupy the space in front of my full backs, ready to steal the ball as soon as the opportunity presents itself. The strikers press in a more intelligent and organized way avoiding to run randomly from one side to the other. the defensive line of the cpu is at 4

@Rocketman & Rodman I get what you're saying. It looks like that'll give you what you want. Who knows maybe Konami will introduce a "pressing" skill on PES 2021 :D

in Pes there is already a skill that refers to the pressing of the strikers. it's called " track back ". but I don't like it very much because the player does a not intelligent pressing without worrying about occupying the lines of passing but always going on the man being attracted too much by the ball. It' s the same reason because i don't like the tactics combination of the defensive style " FL pressure " and " aggressive" pressuring. The best combination for me is " FL pressure " with " conservative " because the CPU players worry more about occupying space and the passing lines.

Last edited:
I tried manually exporting some TED files from PC to PS4 with Klashman's tactics loaded.
The tactics loaded successfully, but I lost the emblems and strips (I don't know if I lost more) of a few of the teams I loaded (Real Madrid, RB Leipzig) and had to reinstall the PES Universe option files for those teams over the top of Klash tactics (did NOT apply squad data) and then it worked perfect.
So I'm wondering does anyone know how to bulk export TED files from PC to USB? Is there a third party app?

yeah i can do this. although i will still have to make the .pdf also for the best convenience.

Failed to do Serie A and La Liga, got caught up with some other projects, will try to work in some time to get this all done.

Back
Top Bottom