PES 2020 Tactics Discussion & Real Teams Thread

For me the Borussia Dortmund Tactics are messed up, everything else seems to be fine.

Yeah... Not only the BVB lineup, but other teams' line ups too... E.g. For Arsenal, in the 'out of possession' formation, Xhaka turns to SS whereas Özil becomes DMF... For ManU, Fred is playing at LB, Matic at RB and Williams at DMF and Wan-Bissaka at CMF... For Real Madrid, Kroos is at RWF and Vinicius at AMF and other teams also have players' positions exchanged. I think this is mainly because of the 2 fixes that evoweb released after evoweb 6.5... I tried importing the tactics to the edit file that came with the fix and I saw these positional problems. Not sure though, just a conjecture.

Also, the problem with trying fluid formation is for e.g., when you change the player position role in 'out of possession' section, then the position in the 'when in possession' also changes automatically for some reason and vice versa. This happens only sometimes when there's a lot of difference in a team's formation with and without possession. It's a real struggle mate @klashman69 . I can understand and that's why kudos to the work you do!

For me the Borussia Dortmund Tactics are messed up, everything else seems to be fine.
could be because pes universe database i used is different to the database you have.

As for Arsenal, i'll fix that. hold on.

Yeah... Not only the BVB lineup, but other teams' line ups too... E.g. For Arsenal, in the 'out of possession' formation, Xhaka turns to SS whereas Özil becomes DMF... For ManU, Fred is playing at LB, Matic at RB and Williams at DMF and Wan-Bissaka at CMF... For Real Madrid, Kroos is at RWF and Vinicius at AMF and other teams also have players' positions exchanged. I think this is mainly because of the 2 fixes that evoweb released after evoweb 6.5... I tried importing the tactics to the edit file that came with the fix and I saw these positional problems. Not sure though, just a conjecture.

Yeah, i think that's the issue, i'm not even using the new PES Universe update. i made these using update 5.0 not 6.0

Last edited:
@klashman69 Hey an I downloaded your tactics now and I just wanted to ask how I would go about installing them because I already have all these mods installed. In the zip folder i clicked the exporter and then the importer tool and it did something, im not sure if it automatically installed like that but if it didnt how would i put tactics in considering I have edit files from Holland and such

Ok once again have to shoutout TTB for a video here which Konami really need to see.

BTW the Dortmund formation is an issue where Ricky isn't using PES Universe option file so when he downloads the update to his Dortmund the squad appears incorrectly since its a custom team, its very easy to correct this.

@klashman69 Hey an I downloaded your tactics now and I just wanted to ask how I would go about installing them because I already have all these mods installed. In the zip folder i clicked the exporter and then the importer tool and it did something, im not sure if it automatically installed like that but if it didnt how would i put tactics in considering I have edit files from Holland and such

There should be a tutorial linked in the download or on the first page.

You only need the 'importer' folder.

you just need to put your 'EDIT00000000.BIN' in the import folder and press 'tactics_importer' then move the new 'EDIT00000000_encrypted' into your main pes save folder while removing the 'encrypted' part from the EDIT00000000

Still i recommend the tutorial. one you work it out its very easy.

There should be a tutorial linked in the download or on the first page.

You only need the 'importer' folder.

you just need to put your 'EDIT00000000.BIN' in the import folder and press 'tactics_importer' then move the new 'EDIT00000000_encrypted' into your main pes save folder while removing the 'encrypted' part from the EDIT00000000

Still i recommend the tutorial. one you work it out its very easy.
Thanks man, would this just add tactics and leave the other files in the edit file alone? I use Majestic IPM Edit file so I just wanted to know if your tactics just override that

@klashman69 Hey Klash I ran the latest tactics and installed them onto my PC version of PES but when I went in and checked the teams (for example Arsenal and Bayern) the players ratings were different to what they should be - Ozil was rated 74 for example, Martinelli was at LWF instead of CF and Alphonso Davies was a LWF instead of a LB. I thought it was cause I was using PES Universe v5 so I did a clean install of PES Universe v6 (with live update done before installing) and the same issue has happened again. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your work on this, Klashman! I've tried some of the older tactics and they completely change the game, far more realistic. Looking forward to checking out the latest ones when they drop on PS4.

Klashman, I'm a true fan of your efforts here. Have you churned out the pre-virus formations for La Liga / Serie A as you had mentioned? And are there pdf versions, as I'll just be transcribing them over to my XBox version....?

@klashman69 Hey Klash I ran the latest tactics and installed them onto my PC version of PES but when I went in and checked the teams (for example Arsenal and Bayern) the players ratings were different to what they should be - Ozil was rated 74 for example, Martinelli was at LWF instead of CF and Alphonso Davies was a LWF instead of a LB. I thought it was cause I was using PES Universe v5 so I did a clean install of PES Universe v6 (with live update done before installing) and the same issue has happened again. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

I think you used the option file i left in the download folder as an example maybe, I changed some Arsenal ratings since I'm a gooner myself.

Klashman, I'm a true fan of your efforts here. Have you churned out the pre-virus formations for La Liga / Serie A as you had mentioned? And are there pdf versions, as I'll just be transcribing them over to my XBox version....?

i haven't

i've been really distracted by some things, sorry.

I've fallen out of love with this dead, no fans football really which has put me off, along with the nice weather and some shops opening up here, to a mild extent.

I will kick myself into getting these done tomorrow as the other big leagues are starting soon and i think as i go back to work i can get into a better routine of doing these.

@klashman69. what PES's did you klash up and of the one's you didn't do, is there any incentive to do in future?

i'm asking because i'm thinking of going back in sequence and modifying tactics in all my PES iterations and different formats.

this'd take time but could easily be a casual hobby that could keep me occupied for the next year til PES 2022 come out - at the same time trying to see if I can get more enjoyment out of the games I already have.

Unless pes 2021 ups its game as serious competitive online game, I reckon pes 2021 will be a drab affair and I'm willing to take a year out to focus on the games I already have.

Here is La Liga and Serie A PC:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/stgv...ort_by_zlac_%23PESTACTICS_easy__v1.0.zip/file

i think we have fund some methods for PES Universe option file direct imports which i will need to make sure they are ok before release.

@klashman69. what PES's did you klash up and of the one's you didn't do, is there any incentive to do in future?

i'm asking because i'm thinking of going back in sequence and modifying tactics in all my PES iterations and different formats.

this'd take time but could easily be a casual hobby that could keep me occupied for the next year til PES 2022 come out - at the same time trying to see if I can get more enjoyment out of the games I already have.

Unless pes 2021 ups its game as serious competitive online game, I reckon pes 2021 will be a drab affair and I'm willing to take a year out to focus on the games I already have.

I have tactics for very PES game from 2011 onwards, have done tests and same tactics for PES 5 & 6. I recommend PES 2013 and 2017

I will go back to only 2013 with E4Y but i dont think i will do too much older games, PES 2017 tactics are still simiar to 2020 anyway and can cross over quite well.

Last edited:
Here is La Liga and Serie A PC:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/null/PC_PES_2020_Tactics_mass_export_import_by_zlac_#PESTACTICS_easy__v1.0.zip/file

i think we have fund some methods for PES Universe option file direct imports which i will need to make sure they are ok before release.

I have tactics for very PES game from 2011 onwards, have done tests and same tactics for PES 5 & 6. I recommend PES 2013 and 2017

I will go back to only 2013 with E4Y but i dont think i will do too much older games, PES 2017 tactics are still simiar to 2020 anyway and can cross over quite well.

Hey Klash thanks for this, but it looks like that download link isn't correct? Anyone else having issues?

Last edited:
Hey guys. Where do you check on national teams formations and tactics? I want to set up a couple of teams to mimic the real life tactics. Want to mix it up with “all out knowledge”! :) Any website?

Thanks Klashman, do you have any idea when the ps4 pdfs will be available please? Dying to try these.

@anyone, how do these work then? I believe the Thursday live update wipes these out? Does this mean I need to manually add these then start a number of master leave saves with different teams before the next Thursday so I'm on a tight window to update them?

Hey guys. Where do you check on national teams formations and tactics? I want to set up a couple of teams to mimic the real life tactics. Want to mix it up with “all out knowledge”! :) Any website?
Whoscored.com would be my recommendation.:))

Thanks Klashman, do you have any idea when the ps4 pdfs will be available please? Dying to try these.

@anyone, how do these work then? I believe the Thursday live update wipes these out? Does this mean I need to manually add these then start a number of master leave saves with different teams before the next Thursday so I'm on a tight window to update them?

The Thursday updates will only wipe them if you choose to apply the update to your default squads. If you don't, then starting a Master League will use your custom tactics as opposed to the latest Thursday update. No need to make multiple Master League saves.

Back
Top Bottom