eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

It's most probably the new Silent Hill. I really think Pes 2021 will just be an update because of many reasons:

Covid19 and the difficulties coming from working at home (they had to close offices because several Konami employees had coronavirus), new gen transition when Konami has always struggled with Pes, new engine for next year so they think it's better to focus on that.

The pandemic began in March, atleast people began to work from home around then. I think it's a weird decision to back off with the new engine, better to release the game early 2021 than a fucking DLC.

The pandemic began in March, atleast people began to work from home around then. I think it's a weird decision to back off with the new engine, better to release the game early 2021 than a fucking DLC.

It's probably more reasons combined, not just the pandemic. I think it's the first reasonable decision they took since years. Many of us were asking for this during all this time, complaining that every year the game was just an update with a new name and new menus, now they actually did it, saving us money and focusing on next gen Pes 2022.

How do you think this update would work? Everyone that has the 20 gets a discount for 21? (39$?). What if you don't have 20? Full price for an updated 20 game? Konami have to make their $, but will have a hard time convincing people to give them cash for a dlc. If you update then you lose licenses from teams that were in 20, what if you want to pay them again because it's a product you bought. Could it be a different download entirely?

Hope at least it comes with gameplay changes.

How do you think this update would work? Everyone that has the 20 gets a discount for 21? (39$?). What if you don't have 20? Full price for an updated 20 game? Konami have to make their $, but will have a hard time convincing people to give them cash for a dlc. If you update then you lose licenses from teams that were in 20, what if you want to pay them again because it's a product you bought. Could it be a different download entirely?

Hope at least it comes with gameplay changes.
Didn't you pay for the licence of Liga Aquila last year? And then they were removed mid-season and reverted to semifake teams... So this is the easiest part to happen.

I am sure that somewhere inside EULA , will be a part that will say that "content may vary and change accoridng to updates", just for legal back-up shield.

Didn't you pay for the licence of Liga Aquila last year? And then they were removed mid-season and reverted to semifake teams... So this is the easiest part to happen.

I am sure that somewhere inside EULA , will be a part that will say that "content may vary and change accoridng to updates", just for legal back-up shield.

I guess you are right... I'm just wondering how the pricing strategy would be... and if it would include some gameplay changes... Because if its just licenses, well then its best to not buy and just get a fan made patch

I guess you are right... I'm just wondering how the pricing strategy would be... and if it would include some gameplay changes... Because if its just licenses, well then its best to not buy and just get a fan made patch
My personal and only personal belief, is that based on the standards Konami has set all these years, any changes will be in the level between DPs, or at maximum in the level the Demo differs to the 1.00 and 1.01. Not for example as different as pes2018~pes2019.

In different occasion I think they disprove their own selves, as in the past they have stated many times that radical fixes cannot be implemented through updates and that a new game needs to address these fixes.

The most fun part is that officially we are still in unknown waters. Except for some rumors on Twitter, we have not nothing official by pes developers. :D

PES always sound better than eFootball, I like PES name better as a branding, shorter name and easy to spell.

Making a last version as 2020 and then release a new season update looks bad for marketing anyway, because people will think is old anyway.
A reason not to release a new version is fact that this year is teh first year with game uncracked, then may want to keep it like that and full go to 2022.
1 year gap may lose 50% of its customers, so... it won't be just an update. I play only PES since 2005, and this year is the first year when I bought FIFA also because of a friend asked me to play with him. PES is hard to find in stores, always FIFA is on the shelves and marketing... and mostly play FIFA just for that, not for leagues and stuff, is just more popular. PES needs to be more popular, somehow.

My 2c.

In terms of branding, I never understood why they didn't call it Winning Eleven
This would be a lot smarter decision than what they made last year

EFootball Pro Evolution Soccer doesn't sound professional actually, the words soccer and football in one game, very weird actually

Winning Eleven would have been a slick revamp, going back to the core of PES during the PES6-PES13 era, added with modern touches

It's probably more reasons combined, not just the pandemic. I think it's the first reasonable decision they took since years. Many of us were asking for this during all this time, complaining that every year the game was just an update with a new name and new menus, now they actually did it, saving us money and focusing on next gen Pes 2022.

Atleast if you ask me you don't just say "we need more time to make a better game with this engine, so we need to make a seasonal game a DLC update".
Ofcourse I don't want a PES 2008/2014 disaster, but PES 2020 isnt so far behind in my eyes. No responsiveness, online is horrible and animations ar clunky.

But what do I know, people seem really happy with "eFootball PES" here nowadays.

Personally, I think if the "season update" title really does mean the game is released as an expansion, DLC, or lower retail cost product, for one year, I think that's great. (We don't really know yet; it's a good conjecture, but just conjecture for now.)

I think most likely it would have happened this way because of how the pandemic inevitably affected development, and also production more broadly (no more jetsetting abroad for recording new stadiums, face-scanning, or making big-money licensing/partnership deals). Couple that with a move to UE – 4 if not 5 – for next-gen, and it just makes sense to change development and production targets.

The only hurdle I imagine they faced is the question from Konami shareholders/the relevant bosses concerned about them: how will this franchise continue to make us money in the interim? More than ever, that answer is easily provided (unfortunately, given the means): MTX and lootboxes.

So there's the two sides to this particular "coin". I wouldn't be surprised if there's more aggressive MTX elements, if they release PES 2021 as an expansion-type season update. Last year they teased "Project 11", which proved to be just marketing hype (and terribly delivered, by Bobzien, who is the opposite of a hype machine). But it was supposed to be a thing where they could sell kits to myClub players, I think. I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick that up, and start charging for optional cosmetic stuff in the update.

Not a terrible idea. If this was FIFA, I'd be more outraged, since it pretty obviously has kids as a major part of its demographic. But I don't think PES is cool enough any longer, alas, for us to worry about kids getting spending addictions on the game.

In terms of branding, I never understood why they didn't call it Winning Eleven
This would be a lot smarter decision than what they made last year

EFootball Pro Evolution Soccer doesn't sound professional actually, the words soccer and football in one game, very weird actually

Winning Eleven would have been a slick revamp, going back to the core of PES during the PES6-PES13 era, added with modern touches
Man, just imagine a huuuge Winning Eleven comeback on PS5! :LOVE:
With everything included what made the series special plus insane gfx.
A man is allowed to have dreams right?! :D

Even if they gave a DLC that fixed the following everyone would buy it,

a.) Free kicks are to easy
b.) Player Collision system
c.) Referee's decisions
d.) Tackling too easy holding down X (takes the skill away)
e.) Allow players to set up their own tournaments online and invite friends (i.e. Euro 2020)

That would keep us going until the new Gen game.

Man, just imagine a huuuge Winning Eleven comeback on PS5! :LOVE:
With everything included what made the series special plus insane gfx.
A man is allowed to have dreams right?! :D

'Winning Eleven would have been a slick revamp, going back to the core of PES during the PES6-PES13 era, added with modern touches .'

Well said!

Even if they gave a DLC that fixed the following everyone would buy it,

a.) Free kicks are to easy
b.) Player Collision system
c.) Referee's decisions
d.) Tackling too easy holding down X (takes the skill away)
e.) Allow players to set up their own tournaments online and invite friends (i.e. Euro 2020)

That would keep us going until the new Gen game.

That's 10 years worth of new, full price games by Konami to address these issues....and still not fix them.

If true then how this will affect the Juventus deal?
"PES and Juventus partnering together for the next three years"
Does this mean indeed 3 calander year or 3 game deal? A DLC is not a full game so that would mean the last game with this deal would be the 2023 not the 2022?

If true then how this will affect the Juventus deal?
"PES and Juventus partnering together for the next three years"
Does this mean indeed 3 calander year or 3 game deal? A DLC is not a full game so that would mean the last game with this deal would be the 2023 not the 2022?
It's a 3 year deal obviously, and not a 3 games deal.

Is there any game show (obviously online) coming up where Konami might give more info? I think EA has theirs this week. By this time last year there was at least a trailer right?

Of course there will be gameplay tweaks if there's a DLC (coming with a patch). But i'm not sure about it.
About what i know, i can't tells more but there will be new leagues.

I hope they will completely remove totally Liga Aguila because i prepared them for the next PLA league. For having a full South American experience in ML.
Would be easier to do than Uruguay, Peru or whatever from scratch, and there's 20 teams on it so it fits perfectly.

I already got a standalone Liga Aguila patch done for those who don't use our version of American teams (a lot lot of work and research) but also a Pesuniverse compatible version.But i can't share it now.
I didn't created promoted teams BTW, but there's more than 300 errors corrected (like in my thread from PES 2018), also no more "blank" faces as i've found every players, and 175 players created. They really needs more competent people for data...

I'm working for the +- final version (as there will be an NT errors/fake faces fix some weeks later some people will stay on PES 2020) and it's hell with our Others American teams to update, and some to replace (full Libertadores teams will be for PES 2021 : we're only 2 to work on it... Well for the moment one)

Seriously you're talking about Gameplay etc., but Data is part of if. Having plenty of players ambidextrous with the same height/weight, it's not representative. But Leagues/teams should share more informations, Konami isn't responsible.
And there's so much errors that i didn't even want to start an ML with this base.
Fortunately, someone close to Konami gives me a good new regarding data (well, not for lower league teams as they didn't worked on it)

Personnally, i made approximations with players comparison, like on this website: https://www.foroalturas.com/f2-estatura-real-y-peso-real-de-futbolistas , and i think professionnally, that's what some websites should do. It's an hard work.
There's perhaps a program who can gives an approximations about an human height regarding pictures, but i never checked about it

If i was better for creating a website, i would like to work on something similar. Or purpose to Transfermarkt, soccerway, footballdatabase, Whoscored, as long as i'm paid for it. That's one of my speciality : checking an correcting errors. If someone got ideas or tips for me, it should transform a simple football website to something great. Of course, i couldn't do it alone (especially for some league, it's a bit hard to search in arabic or korean for example)

Last edited:
Of course there will be gameplay tweaks if there's a DLC (coming with a patch). But i'm not sure about it.
About what i know, i can't tells more but there will be new leagues.

I hope they will completely remove totally Liga Aguila because i prepared them for the next PLA league. For having a full South American experience in ML.
Would be easier to do than Uruguay, Peru or whatever from scratch, and there's 20 teams on it so it fits perfectly.

I already got a standalone Liga Aguila patch done for those who don't use our version of American teams (a lot lot of work and research) but also a Pesuniverse compatible version.But i can't share it now.
I didn't created promoted teams BTW, but there's more than 300 errors corrected (like in my thread from PES 2018), also no more "blank" faces as i've found every players, and 175 players created. They really needs more competent people for data...

I'm working for the +- final version (as there will be an NT errors/fake faces fix some weeks later some people will stay on PES 2020) and it's hell with our Others American teams to update, and some to replace (full Libertadores teams will be for PES 2021 : we're only 2 to work on it... Well for the moment one)

Seriously you're talking about Gameplay etc., but Data is part of if. Having plenty of players ambidextrous with the same height/weight, it's not representative. But Leagues/teams should share more informations, Konami isn't responsible.
And there's so much errors that i didn't even want to start an ML with this base.
Fortunately, someone close to Konami gives me a good new regarding data (well, not for lower league teams as they didn't worked on it)

Personnally, i made approximations with players comparison, like on this website: https://www.foroalturas.com/f2-estatura-real-y-peso-real-de-futbolistas , and i think professionnally, that's what some websites should do. It's an hard work.
There's perhaps a program who can gives an approximations about an human height regarding pictures, but i never checked about it

If i was better for creating a website, i would like to work on something similar. Or purpose to Transfermarkt, soccerway, footballdatabase, Whoscored, as long as i'm paid for it. That's one of my speciality : checking an correcting errors. If someone got ideas or tips for me, it should transform a simple football website to something great. Of course, i couldn't do it alone (especially for some league, it's a bit hard to search in arabic or korean for example)
Is n't FM do this already? I have many years since the last time i played it, but i remember it has a pretty huge database.

FM is giving a VERY few approximations, i noticed that on some leagues a bit more known (in Europe principally, Serie B for example) but most of the players on a less known league doesn't have an height given at all. You can check with the pre-game editor, with that you can edit a save based on the core database. That's what i use for creating some players, but with my own interpretation (the reason is below)

I'll explain, their database is plenty of players with "0" on their attributes (some have for example 4 or 5 attributes rated, 0 for the rest).
What a "0" means? It means that at each save, you will get a different set of values, regarding positions + current ability and probably potential.

Including height, weight, stronger foot. From a save to another, you can have for example a "Ricardo Garçia" with 195cm 65 kg on one save, 165cm and 80kg on the other.
Or 17 in speed/accel on one save, and 8 on the same attribute on another (even if he's a CB with 190cm, because it's random, he can get values which doesnt fit at all with his body build and height). There's no standards, there's randomness. I personally hate it.

Most of the people i talk with are all about FM, thinking it's the Bible of Football, but it's in fact far from having the best database in the world regarding attributes and H/W + strong foot... They've got the bigger, not the most detailed at all.

, there's plenty of player not rated at all, people aren't aware of all that stuffs except FM gamers (but they accept it and don't care)

I think if it is just an update, with only nominal gameplay changes, it is likely to get battered this year. Who in the right mind on ps4 would pay for new skins and a few more penalties...........Konami are in danger of being late to the party...if FIFA looks to have improved and it’s running on next gen consoles, then I know where my money is going.

I think if it is just an update, with only nominal gameplay changes, it is likely to get battered this year. Who in the right mind on ps4 would pay for new skins and a few more penalties...........Konami are in danger of being late to the party...if FIFA looks to have improved and it’s running on next gen consoles, then I know where my money is going.
It's a catch-22 isn't it.

If it's just an update, I won't buy it because I'd had enough of PES 2020 after about a month (and modders will do a better job than Konami ever will) - but even so, I still think it's the right decision because it means 2022 has a chance of being genuinely well-developed. Otherwise it has no chance of that.

If it's an update with some "Final Evolution" style tweaks, which is what I'm hearing rumblings of - I might be in, but the game needs more than a few tweaks, it's not like the old days where e.g. WE6 was great, and WE6FE was absolutely brilliant - rather from "stiff predictable mess" to "stiff less-predictable mess".

If all these rumours are some huge misunderstanding of the phrase "2021 Season Update" and it's a new release (which I highly doubt at this point)... It will be another year of mediocrity that, for some reason, we settle for year after year. With the same core issues of the past seven versions.

Back
Top Bottom