eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

People have been calling for a series hiatus for years to give themselves time to implement proper changes. I for one would welcome this because the game has stagnated.
That would be great news. Completely agree with you.

This series needs a year off. This is good news.

I dont think so we havent had a competent PES in the past 10 years or so. Scripting, catering towards Myclub wont be changed if they skip one year. But at least if they stick to the yearly release we might have a chance that they fix the AI.

I dont think so we havent had a competent PES in the past 10 years or so. Scripting, catering towards Myclub wont be changed if they skip one year. But at least if they stick to the yearly release we might have a chance that they fix the AI.
True mate - I’m just clinging onto any hope for the series now, I’m 99% done with it now so need something to clutch onto :LOL:

Looks like there is going to be some sort of new release this year:

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/eu/en/ps4/topic/game-wepes2020-22644

"The bonuses you receive will be based on the milestones you achieved while playing PES 2020's myClub mode, and will be available in-game when the next PES title launches this year. "​
The fact that we've had zero news until now doesn't fill me with confidence. It's like not even Konami are excited about it this year.

OR they'll shock us all. Which I highly doubt.

Yeah, which means it'll definitely be chargeable. Interesting to see if they try to charge full price for a product that is probably little more than another PES2020 datapack and patch.

I rarely played anything other than Exhibition matches on 2020, so as long as they release a free demo, I'll be happy with that because I now have a decent PC, so can use demo time extenders on the PC version.

so this means what?Free content upgrade from 2020 to 2021?Because when its a "new" Game i have to pay for and i only get some new kits, maybe little gameplay improvement...then i will not buy it and stay at 2020 Version

so this means what?Free content upgrade from 2020 to 2021?Because when its a "new" Game i have to pay for and i only get some new kits, maybe little gameplay improvement...then i will not buy it and stay at 2020 Version
It definitely won't be free.

The more I see and hear, the more it sounds like a "legacy version" - like EA does with FIFA on the Nintendo Switch, for example.

They're keeping the game going on current-gen (eFootball PES 2021 Season Update), without any dev time spent on it - while they're working on a new game for next-gen which will be released next year (eFootball PES 2022).

Whether the "legacy" version still gets released for the older consoles when PES 2022 arrives, I don't know. May depend on next-gen console sales figures.

You know what - EA might do something similar. FIFA on current-gen consoles (e.g. FIFA 21 on PS4 etc.) may well be a legacy version. The difference is, they'll release an all-new* next-gen version at the same time (e.g. FIFA 21 on PS5 etc.), because they have the resources to do so.

Konami will not fund the PES development team enough for them to do the same. They have mobile versions of PES that make just as much money (if not more) than the console and PC versions, thanks to microtransactions - and Konami will not spend a single penny that they don't have to, in order to keep development costs low and profit high. It's the way the company is run, and there's nothing anyone can do about that, sadly. They're happy with their figures.

*All-new = not even close to all-new, just shinier graphics.

It definitely won't be free.

The more I see and hear, the more it sounds like a "legacy version" - like EA does with FIFA on the Nintendo Switch, for example.

They're keeping the game going on current-gen (eFootball PES 2021 Season Update), without any dev time spent on it - while they're working on a new game for next-gen which will be released next year (eFootball PES 2022).

Whether the "legacy" version still gets released for the older consoles when PES 2022 arrives, I don't know. May depend on next-gen console sales figures.

You know what - EA might do something similar. FIFA on current-gen consoles (e.g. FIFA 21 on PS4 etc.) may well be a legacy version. The difference is, they'll release an all-new* next-gen version at the same time (e.g. FIFA 21 on PS5 etc.), because they have the resources to do so.

Konami will not fund the PES development team enough for them to do the same. They have mobile versions of PES that make just as much money (if not more) than the console and PC versions, thanks to microtransactions - and Konami will not spend a single penny that they don't have to, in order to keep development costs low and profit high. It's the way the company is run, and there's nothing anyone can do about that, sadly. They're happy with their figures.

*All-new = not even close to all-new, just shinier graphics.
So does that mean that their is a distinct possibility that the gameplay won't get any significant improvements? Who in their right mind would put their hands in their pockets to pay for that ?

I'd expect a few tweaks, but I'm basing that on nothing other than the fact that gameplay seemingly changes with each DP anyway. I wouldn't expect any new features, or major fixes.

What if they only update the database, the kits and fix the AI, possibly the refs for 2021?
As they dont have to worry about upgrading the passing, shooting, defending, impelenting new really good sounding features, they dont have to add another layer of tactics to be able to sell another game on a full price. Still i expect improvements, well rather fixes to the core game and not the same game even its just an update. Wishful thinking i know :LMAO:

I wonder if the 2021 update will give them the excuse to wipe people's MyClub teams so they will have to start (and spend) again from scratch?

I imagine the most lucrative time for these games is the first few weeks where people dump loads of money in to "get a head start", letting people continue with their 2020 MyClub teams would sacrifice that.

What would be the point in playing MyClub 2021, when if you've been an active player on 2020 you'll have probably collected 90% of the players and have a full 95+ rated squad? Any newcomers intending on playing those modes would be at a ridiculous disadvantage as well.

I wonder if the 2021 update will give them the excuse to wipe people's MyClub teams so they will have to start (and spend) again from scratch?

I imagine the most lucrative time for these games is the first few weeks where people dump loads of money in to "get a head start", letting people continue with their 2020 MyClub teams would sacrifice that.

What would be the point in playing MyClub 2021, when if you've been an active player on 2020 you'll have probably collected 90% of the players and have a full 95+ rated squad? Any newcomers intending on playing those modes would be at a ridiculous disadvantage as well.
I am sure there is a "workaround" for this. What happens in PES mobile when it updates for new season?

I am sure there is a "workaround" for this. What happens in PES mobile when it updates for new season?
I just googled that to see what they did between mobile PES 2019 and 2020 and they did carry over players with various conditions. The official post about it is over 500 words long...

The general gist of it seems to be that, yes, you can carry over most of your players if they still exist in the new game and if not, you get given a random player of the same quality.

Also the "carryover players" can't be used in certain online events, so if you want to play those you have to keep spending each year. They stay on "Live Update" condition C as well, so even average players in the current season on condition A would probably play better anyway.

Last edited:
My dream for 2021, if we take update as given , would be:

Due to one year hiatus and to reward PES player's devotion/dedication in this generation, aisde with 2021 update, we give all our PES games for this current gen PS4,XboxONE, PC , from PES2015 to PES 2020 a final datapack which makes all previous games have equal content, 2nds divisions and leagues to PES 2020. Where there can't be full packages due to licenses we add a generic editable League/Cup, like Danish League pre2019, CSL pre-2019, Copa Sudamericana after 2016, etc. Also we expand the images slots, in order to fit all the kits/emblems/logos etc.

I dont ask about gameplay fixes, support etc. I think those changes are in an reachable level. Then wake me up when it's all over. :P Or when i hit 18 years old!! :D

Last edited:

I bet it will be wiped. Why would they pass on new bills?! Sad that is.

Official

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/e...date/9p44f2g24f37?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

apps.3145.14600168792905010.489f10bc-2604-4a01-99b7-eaa5c911c795.jpeg

apps.9933.14600168792905010.489f10bc-2604-4a01-99b7-eaa5c911c795.jpeg
apps.21970.14600168792905010.489f10bc-2604-4a01-99b7-eaa5c911c795.jpeg
apps.46910.14600168792905010.489f10bc-2604-4a01-99b7-eaa5c911c795.jpeg

This product is an updated edition of eFootball PES 2020 (launched in September, 2019) containing the latest player data and club rosters. Please note that some leagues will have their rosters updated post-release.

The eFootball PES 2021 Season Update features the same award winning gameplay as last year’s eFootball PES 2020 along with various team and player updates for the new season. Also comes with the UEFA EURO 2020™ mode - all at a special anniversary price!

The Biggest Clubs
Play with the biggest teams in world soccer; including German champions FC Bayern München, Spanish champions FC Barcelona, global giants Manchester United, and exclusive PES partner Juventus!

myClub
Create your very own dream team from scratch and face off against human rivals from all over the world.

Matchday
Compete in online PvP events themed after real-life soccer rivalries and other big matches.

Master League
Take the helm of a soccer club and lead them to the top in this engrossing single player mode.

Last edited:
Annnnnnnd, no mention of any gameplay enhancements....(if that’s the case regardless of Covid) are they really suggesting that whole development team in 1 year could only make updated kit? Tweak collision, address the referees and improve the skating......but this suggests just one big blob of a data pack......nope not for me.

So it's efootball 21 20 with rosters updated by Konami for a low price VS efootball 20 with rosters updated for free by the community?
Is there a single reason why anyone would choose to buy 21? And that's assuming there are actually people who liked the "award winning gameplay".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom