eFootball (All Platforms)

Aaand no mention of PES - a really disappointing State of Play in general. I feel like Sony are going through a bit of a rough patch... (Rest of the State of Play info here - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...nounced-in-tonights-playstation-state-of-play)
Yeah, such a waste of time for sure.
2022 will be in unreal 5 engine right?
No, Unreal 4.2 in best case. They will Keep Unreal 5 for PES 2023. They can't shot all bullets in one game. These are my thoughts.

Having endured the last 2 years of very average football games, bad coding, scripting, followed by patch after patch....my expectations are at an all time low.

My issue is that certain things that are poor in in the game appear to be deliberate . Look at penalties against the AI . They've been in and out of Pes 20/21 during various patches. Now I think they are switched off for whatever reason. Last night I went round the keeper and was flattened . Nothing , but a lesser challenge outside the area was given and it happens all the time . I don't see how any engine upgrades will improve these issues

I do not know if this is true.

translation:
As determined by the @GalvaniRenan , PESteam even considered bringing the Unreal Engine to the PS4 / Xone generation. However, this would have been vetoed by Manorito Hosoda, head of PES. In my opinion, the decision was very correct, because we need a new game free of limitations.

Would love to see more licensed leagues, especially in Asia.
- A-League - Australia
- K-League - Korea
- J-League - Japan
- UAE
- Thai League
- Saudi Arabia
- Chinese Super League.

Or at least give us the option to create a team and add it to a league.

Oh and a stadium creator would be amazing!

I can dream can't I?

Would love to see more licensed leagues, especially in Asia.
- A-League - Australia
- K-League - Korea
- J-League - Japan
- UAE
- Thai League
- Saudi Arabia
- Chinese Super League.

Or at least give us the option to create a team and add it to a league.

Oh and a stadium creator would be amazing!

I can dream can't I?
Thai and CSL are already in.

yeah, my thinking is, they already have those 2 asian leagues, why not get the rest? seeing as konami is an asian company it makes no sense to me that they dont explore this option into the asian market more...
Ah ok i understand. I assume, it's combination of both bad or lack of effort by PES productions and licensing issues, like exclusivities, bad or shady managment, lack of communication, complicated facts, etc. When they can't at least secure the license for J-League, which is their home league, you can understand how the game is been played.

IMHO , unless they decide to go to a full-editable, fix-it-by-yourself model , in league and team structure, or a creation center with maximum customization possibilities, we will always only do cherrypicking, one league plus-one league minus, etc

I do not know if this is true.

translation:
As determined by the @GalvaniRenan , PESteam even considered bringing the Unreal Engine to the PS4 / Xone generation. However, this would have been vetoed by Manorito Hosoda, head of PES. In my opinion, the decision was very correct, because we need a new game free of limitations.

You can bet the PS4, XO versions will be just season updates of the current Fox game moving forward.

Who is this galvani renan guy

Brazilian guy that was an 'insider" years ago, but he still bringing information about Pes. Is the man that announce the various DLC, because Konami has stopped any communication about them since last year.

(Some personal opinions)
  • I think Unreal Engine (UE) 5 will not be ready before the end of PES 2022 development. So PES 2022 will probably be a UE4 game (or another "Season Update"). The information like the version of UE used usually will not be disclosed / mentioned to the gamers.
  • Actually the version does not matter too much. UE5 aims for backward compatible for the game developers. Stuffs done in UE4 should not be too difficult to be ported to UE5.
  • (Please just consider it as a rumor) Fox Engine was a reason that they had not release any Nintendo titles for PES after 2014. I think they have also considered making a Nintendo Switch by making use of Unreal Engine, and therefore will not just focus on using Unreal Engine for PS5/XSX. It is possible that the PS4/Xbox One version will also use Unreal Engine. (Especially for Xbox. It will be very strange if they release 2 versions with different engines if you have checked how game publishers release their games on XB1+XSX.)

3 options:

1) A much later/ delayed release to allow for ps5 availability and Konami to release a more full product because of delays
2) Konami put off until 2023 due to heavy delays
3) Konami release an unfinished, barebones version with no delays

No chance of there being a full release at the usual time this year, in my opinion. Konami will inevitably be behind schedule regardless of the pandemic, which will have made it worse, and they’ll use this as an excuse for one of the above.

3 options:

1) A much later/ delayed release to allow for ps5 availability and Konami to release a more full product because of delays
2) Konami put off until 2023 due to heavy delays
3) Konami release an unfinished, barebones version with no delays

No chance of there being a full release at the usual time this year, in my opinion. Konami will inevitably be behind schedule regardless of the pandemic, which will have made it worse, and they’ll use this as an excuse for one of the above.

for sure 3) Konami release an unfinished, barebones version with no delays like the last decades...

to be fair which game these days is a finish complete product on release day ?? customers these days are beta testers and content comes week/months later with updates and DLCs...

Explain to me how can they release an unfinished game they have been working on for 3 years

Don't say about Cyberpunk as they're not made by the same company

I don't understand why all this pesimism? I am not most poasitive abot new gen releases of Konami and pes but let's wait a little. They develop this game more than 2 years now and I am sure it will be most complete version that premiered on new gen. Will it be much better and revolution? I don't want to keep my hopes up even possibilities are endless now. We need new game with new mechanic, new flow, something that will keep us interested and implement learning curve for keeping us occupied. I am afraid that along few good things that will be welcomed there will be some stupid stuff that will break the complete picture, I think of magic boots in pes 2013, they released patch after that to fix stuff and of course damaged other things in the game. I am neutral about this but I hope Konami will use all the experience they have as a firm.

Explain to me how can they release an unfinished game they have been working on for 3 years

Don't say about Cyberpunk as they're not made by the same company

- 3 years for a complete new game on new engine is not much time especially is pandemic times
- PES Production Team is very small absolutly no compare like EA Canada dev Team for Fifa
- Konami is in a process of consolidation what is always difficult for the whole company and dev teams
- konami is slow in delivering Patches and Updates
- look in the Past, last Engine Update (pes2014) was a complete desaster or pes2008 for PS3 area, also not a good one
- with small tweaks in Shooting and rework of the superhuman keepers PES 2021 could me an epic title of Footballteam, but they dont change anything

iam old enough to know what the whole series is going trough the last 2 decades and its hard to belive that Konami deliver a finish product on release!

that is not pesimism, this is realism....

i enjoy pes 2021 a lot and so extrem ecxited about pes 2022 but how i sad, iam old and ive looked in the past, hard to belive Konami will deliver on point...

look in the Past, last Engine Update (pes2014) was a complete desaster or pes2008 for PS3 area, also not a good one

For all of them, they rushed to get the game out on new gen with a new engine, but working for 3 years, that is not rushing by any means, they have had ample time to work

3 years for a complete new game on new engine is not much time especially is pandemic times

They did have 2018 and 2019, to work on it, but 2020 is when they were struck with the pandemic, so at least 1.5 years for the game in normal condition , then the process became half as fast, compared to annual release, where they have 10-11 months usually to have the game ready, that amount of time is good enough

I am pretty optimistic for the new gen, not saying it will be perfect, but it should be at least a 7/10 game with new Master League features and good gameplay is enough for me

- 3 years for a complete new game on new engine is not much time especially is pandemic times
- PES Production Team is very small absolutly no compare like EA Canada dev Team for Fifa
- Konami is in a process of consolidation what is always difficult for the whole company and dev teams
- look in the Past, last Engine Update (pes2014) was a complete desaster or pes2008 for PS3 area, also not a good one
- with small tweaks in Shooting and rework of the superhuman keepers PES 2021 could me an epic title of Footballteam, but they dont change anything

iam old enough to know what the whole series is going trough the last 2 decades and its hard to belive that Konami deliver a finish product on release!

i enjoy pes 2021 a lot and so extrem ecxited about pes 2022 but how i sad, iam old and ive looked in the past, hard to belive Konami will deliver on point...

1) New Engine that was developed by another company(Epic)..and they(Konami) used to get already(at least 50%) in mobile version since last years.

2) yes it's very small obviously if you compare with one of the biggest and powerful of the World(EA). But there are very small companies that are made really good games also without a large number of employees.

3) Consolidation it means also "change in positive" and not just "change in negative". Adam Bhatti(finally) should be out of the Pes project.

4)Not really...last year we've got 8 DLC, ok if you compare with EA that give almost every 20 days Patch to correct something, or to put worst the all things everytime, i prefer Konami for sure.

5)As i said, other times... just rember that the Fox Engine was an idea of Hideo Kojima...Unreal is already tested with good results, and is gonna be more "moddable" and easy to use than Fox Engine.

6)Agree, but i think Unreal could give them new mechanics...the main problem of Pes during those years was the Fox Engine

It’s hard to imagine, I agree. But it’s not that hard to believe! ;)

I also think it's unlikely to come in Unreal 5, not least because the engine won't be released until later this year. I want to see if the promise will be kept with the game being made from "zero". I also find it strange that Unreal is only used in the new generation, not least because this same engine is in PES Mobile.

I also think it's unlikely to come in Unreal 5, not least because the engine won't be released until later this year. I want to see if the promise will be kept with the game being made from "zero". I also find it strange that Unreal is only used in the new generation, not least because this same engine is in PES Mobile.

But Fox is still present in mobile too...The Unreal is just for "graphic" meanwhile Fox still works with mechanics. So i don't think at all that they make game "from scratch". Fox will be(in my opinion)still there but "behind the scenes". The majority of the content will be developed by Unreal, but some "game mechanics" could still belong to the Fox Engine

1) New Engine that was developed by another company(Epic)..and they(Konami) used to get already(at least 50%) in mobile version since last years.

2) yes it's very small obviously if you compare with one of the biggest and powerful of the World(EA). But there are very small companies that are made really good games also without a large number of employees.

3) Consolidation it means also "change in positive" and not just "change in negative". Adam Bhatti(finally) should be out of the Pes project.

4)Not really...last year we've got 8 DLC, ok if you compare with EA that give almost every 20 days Patch to correct something, or to put worst the all things everytime, i prefer Konami for sure.

5)As i said, other times... just rember that the Fox Engine was an idea of Hideo Kojima...Unreal is already tested with good results, and is gonna be more "moddable" and easy to use than Fox Engine.

6)Agree, but i think Unreal could give them new mechanics...the main problem of Pes during those years was the Fox Engine

1) Konami use it for PES Mobile just as GFX option, the core was still fox or atleast the mechanics of fox and maybe some assetts of the engine bevore fox.

2) i compare it with the only alternative in football gaming, there are no other options. of course there are really good games from small companies but none of them is a AAA title with epic graphics, physics and great online experience...

3) that is not true consolidation means to merge the company, if this is positive or negative is nothing so prove in short distance, that is something to rate in the future and have many different factors.

4) i dont mean DLCs... i mean bugfixing for fundamental problems, in termes of gameplay nothing fundamental really change in the period between release and end. new shoes, faces and stuff i dont care. they just polished the game quite ab bit but, improve shooting, the broken L2 shot in manual shoting ? nothing happend.

5) dont blame fox, MGS was a nice game on Fox engine. of cource Unreal is the way to go but right now i even prefer Foxengine over Ignite or frostbite.
its not the engine what matters at all, its most the people who work with it. Developing of foxengine was since 2008 and it worked good on MGS maybe have some problems with football games, but how many Sportsgames did we know using Unrealengine?

If Kojima did not had left Konami Foxengine may be the main inhouse engine and today maybe powerful as unreal...

dont get me anybody wrong, i want as all nice people here an absolute stunning football game but, but i think some people here have too high expectations. Me too and i doubt that we get what we want and deserve in first step, we will see :COOPZ:

This luddite isn't getting carried away. There's no finished product to look forward to (or not). Patch here, patch there. Content here, content there. Like data pack 413? Tough. 414's coming to change what you like and there's nothing you can do about it sunshine. And then PES 2023 comes out.

Back
Top Bottom