eFootball (All Platforms)

I have same issue. Anyone have any idea how to fix?? It appears to load correct stadium but all the values are the same for each stadium so its not reading the .ini correctly. I am using MDKnight .ini file
Explain to me how can they release an unfinished game they have been working on for 3 years

Don't say about Cyberpunk as they're not made by the same company

When I say “unfinished” I mean, it’s simply not enough to have good gameplay and barebones content.

I like PES 2020 & PES 2021 and 2022 should have absolutely no less content.

2022 should have more content all around as well as new, improved & complete gameplay ON top of new content/ improved content making the most of PS5 power.

I can’t let Konamis previous track record and internal limitations lower my expectations of what a PS5 football game in the year 2022 should be. Don’t settle for less because they’ll sure be charging full price for it!

There aren't many people I really trust for reviews on youtube, as obviously if I have a PS5 by then , then I'll see a review before I buy it. And if the people I trust say it's not good enough for what it took, then It's gonna be a disappointment to be honest, but keep believing till the end. If it's not a good game, back to Pes 5, 6, and Fifa 08 and 11 , 15 for me (Along with some 16)
I really don't stick to 1 football game , I like to switch around

I don't understand why all this pesimism? I am not most poasitive abot new gen releases of Konami and pes but let's wait a little. They develop this game more than 2 years now and I am sure it will be most complete version that premiered on new gen. Will it be much better and revolution? I don't want to keep my hopes up even possibilities are endless now. We need new game with new mechanic, new flow, something that will keep us interested and implement learning curve for keeping us occupied. I am afraid that along few good things that will be welcomed there will be some stupid stuff that will break the complete picture, I think of magic boots in pes 2013, they released patch after that to fix stuff and of course damaged other things in the game. I am neutral about this but I hope Konami will use all the experience they have as a firm.

bro, you can't say pesimism without saying pes.

I'm putting together a video and my goal is to show that what makes a game look real is the animation engine, not the graphics. With mods, PES 2021 already looks incredible but the focus should be on making it move real and in a responsive way.

I'm very pessimistic regarding the animation eversince I saw the leaked photo of someone in a motion capture suit. This is the 90s archaic way of capturing footage. Nowadays, AI captures movement from a TV screen and understand how to replicate it in a 3D model. There is no way they'd be able to capture every single movement a player can make in a football match, and we'll end up with the same janky robotic cycling movements.

Yeah, such a waste of time for sure.

No, Unreal 4.2 in best case. They will Keep Unreal 5 for PES 2023. They can't shot all bullets in one game. These are my thoughts.
Seems likely, and is quite disappointing that PES 2022 will already be behind in terms of next-gen performance even though it just made the switch.

Here's how IGN describes the game:
Summary:
This is a next-generation entry in the popular PES football (soccer) franchise, built for the first time on an Unreal Engine 4 base to enable staggering improvements to all areas of the game.

It's also misleading that Epic used PES 2022 in its "next gen" sizzle trailer, even though we expect UE5 to be what they refer to as "next-gen".

Considering Schalke's future relegation, meaning the termination of their partnership with Konami, who do you think will replace that 3rd German spot in PES 2022? Hopefully a team like Leipzig or Monchengladbach

Last edited:
Seems likely, and is quite disappointing that PES 2022 will already be behind in terms of next-gen performance even though it just made the switch.

i dont see is at any Problem UE 4.2 in full power is already next gen, the Generation of consoles are 7 Years? and the update of unreal engine is much smaller
time. how good PES 2022 will look and feel had nothing to do with UE 4.2 or UE5. if Konami do the Job right PES2022 could be stunning with UE4.2

and there is no problem update on UE5 in the future, maybe as normal inseason update, we will see.

I'm putting together a video and my goal is to show that what makes a game look real is the animation engine, not the graphics. With mods, PES 2021 already looks incredible but the focus should be on making it move real and in a responsive way.

I'm very pessimistic regarding the animation eversince I saw the leaked photo of someone in a motion capture suit. This is the 90s archaic way of capturing footage. Nowadays, AI captures movement from a TV screen and understand how to replicate it in a 3D model. There is no way they'd be able to capture every single movement a player can make in a football match, and we'll end up with the same janky robotic cycling movements.

I agree that what makes football games (pes & fifa) look strange is that graphically they can be almost photorealistic but in motion they look poor. So it’s jarring for the brain to see what graphically (on a still if you like) looks like real life but doesn’t move like real life.

For me, the problem with PES animations is partly the probably outdated technology but mainly the person they put in the suit!!

I always said, after seeing some of the animations post 2011 ish but particularly evident in 2015/16 when the graphics stepped up a notch on the PS4, that it looks like they just get someone from the office who’s half decent at football to put the suit on to do the mo-cap at the back of the office rather than use a pro player on a pitch. Hence why a lot of animations for shooting, long passing, crossing, goalkeeping don’t use the technique that pro’s would use.

I’m sure I can remember a video showing off EA’s mo cap facility which was like a 5 a side 3G pitch with pro players coming in to wear the suit and then seeing one of PES which was literally a tiny room and some random guy wearing the suit and the difference in production value really staggered me and backed up what I had always thought.

Systems and methods for enhanced training of machine learning systems based on automatically generated visually realistic gameplay. An example method includes obtaining electronic game data that includes rendered images and associated annotation information, the annotation information identifying features included in the rendered images to be learned, and the electronic game data being generated by a video game associated with a particular sport. Machine learning models are trained based on the obtained electronic game data, with training including causing the machine learning models to output annotation information based on associated input of a rendered image. Real-world gameplay data is obtained, with the real-world gameplay data being images of real-world gameplay of the particular sport. The obtained real-world gameplay data is analyzed based on the trained machine learning models. Analyzing includes extracting features from the real-world gameplay data using the machine learning models.

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/pt/detail.jsf?docId=US316418239&_cid=P10-KL3WE0-16469-1

It literally looks like the real thing even now.

Considering Schalke's future relegation, meaning the termination of their partnership with Konami, who do you think will replace that 3rd German spot in PES 2022? Hopefully a team like Leipzig or Monchengladbach
I don't know the details about Bundesliga exclusivity, but maybe they can continue the partnership as Schalke is from another division, like what happened to Fulham some years ago. I hope we can get Leipzig again (and maybe Hamburger too)

I'm very pessimistic regarding the animation eversince I saw the leaked photo of someone in a motion capture suit. This is the 90s archaic way of capturing footage.
Do you have this photo?

Last edited:
LOL. You got me there. Honestly, sometimes in your videos the damn thing looks so close to reality - especially with patches and all - that I don't know what more people need in terms of graphics.

LOL. You got me there. Honestly, sometimes in your videos the damn thing looks so close to reality - especially with patches and all - that I don't know what more people need in terms of graphics.
Exactly. We need a next-gen animation engine.

A regular reader of these forums here. I have been wondering that PRO_TOO - Are you working for Konami? You seem to be almost overly positive about what is to come. I'm one of those who used to read WENB forums and listen to Adam's praising towards the game. We all know how that went. There is almost no difference in the way you have been posting for a while now, so I'm just curious how is it that you seem to know all is going to be well?

I agree that what makes football games (pes & fifa) look strange is that graphically they can be almost photorealistic but in motion they look poor. So it’s jarring for the brain to see what graphically (on a still if you like) looks like real life but doesn’t move like real life.

For me, the problem with PES animations is partly the probably outdated technology but mainly the person they put in the suit!!

I always said, after seeing some of the animations post 2011 ish but particularly evident in 2015/16 when the graphics stepped up a notch on the PS4, that it looks like they just get someone from the office who’s half decent at football to put the suit on to do the mo-cap at the back of the office rather than use a pro player on a pitch. Hence why a lot of animations for shooting, long passing, crossing, goalkeeping don’t use the technique that pro’s would use.

I’m sure I can remember a video showing off EA’s mo cap facility which was like a 5 a side 3G pitch with pro players coming in to wear the suit and then seeing one of PES which was literally a tiny room and some random guy wearing the suit and the difference in production value really staggered me and backed up what I had always thought.

@The_Knight Found the video 😂 I doubt their production methods have changed much since.

Compared to FIFA’s:

The guy in the pes video even says the space is too small to get realistic technique and the guy in the Fifa video says having pro’s do the motion capture is so much better.

Yeah they can do better.. i think GK animation sometimes still reminds me too much of old pes animation.. other than that, in general i think pes animation looks better than fifa even with their advanced mo cap.

Yeah they can do better.. i think GK animation sometimes still reminds me too much of old pes animation.. other than that, in general i think pes animation looks better than fifa even with their advanced mo cap.

I agree that PES is in general more realistic animation wise but both PES & FIFA could do so much better and I guess that’s my point really...

Konami are able to produce pretty good/ realistic animations (not all of them) with limited equipment/ resource... IMAGINE WHAT THEY COULD DO WITH MORE/ PROPER INVESTMENT IN THIS AREA!

They’re selling the product short and therefore the customer currently.

The press release for 2022 used some big words, promising big changes and improvements for the game so we’ll see if they’ve properly invested.

A regular reader of these forums here. I have been wondering that PRO_TOO - Are you working for Konami? You seem to be almost overly positive about what is to come. I'm one of those who used to read WENB forums and listen to Adam's praising towards the game. We all know how that went. There is almost no difference in the way you have been posting for a while now, so I'm just curious how is it that you seem to know all is going to be well?
I’m feeling perfectly good! :)
and no, i’m not working for Konami!

Still no news? No announcements? Not even an announcement of an announcement? Or an announcement of an announcement of an announcement?

@The_Knight Found the video 😂 I doubt their production methods have changed much since.

Compared to FIFA’s:

The guy in the pes video even says the space is too small to get realistic technique and the guy in the Fifa video says having pro’s do the motion capture is so much better.

img_technology03 (1).jpg

We are particularly proud of our motion capture, which is the best of its kind. Overseas players have a different body shape, muscle tone, skeletal structure, and range of motion of joints from Japanese players. For this reason, we employ foreign actors from various countries and regions who have experienced soccer on a professional level for motion capture shooting. The filming is done in a large studio with artificial turf to simulate a pitch. Even a single volley shot requires different body movements depending on the height, speed, and angle of the ball, so we ask the actors to do their best in every situation while filming. In the latter half of the shoot, the actors begin to show signs of fatigue, but this is also valuable data. In the second half of the game, the actors begin to show signs of fatigue, and even their movements are captured in a realistic manner.

Link: https://www.konami.com/games/career/2/

Back
Top Bottom