eFootball (All Platforms)

It was me who gave him my predictions about that, I'm surprised he's sharing this like a safe info... 😅
Did he pay you at least?

What make you think it will be a - new - season update ?

I mean its pretty obvious, Konami's tendency is to "neglect" the old consoles as soon there is a new generation and push only on that the new engine. Makes you think if they either dont want to bother downgrading the engine for older consoles or have a special contract with Sony and Microsoft where they push the sales of the new consoles if they get a good deal out of it. Or bit of both.

Reactions: H_G
Did he pay you at least?

I mean its pretty obvious, Konami's tendency is to "neglect" the old consoles as soon there is a new generation and push only on that the new engine. Makes you think if they either dont want to bother downgrading the engine for older consoles or have a special contract with Sony and Microsoft where they push the sales of the new consoles if they get a good deal out of it. Or bit of both.
Well - I think - they did the same with PES on PS2 starting from PES 2008. Nothing new from 2008-2014.

Well - I think - they did the same with PES on PS2 starting from PES 2008. Nothing new from 2008-2014.
Maybe from 2009-2014. PES 2008 for PS2 is improve version of PES 6 and is awesome, maybe one of the best PS2 games, after that is just one big mess, with different dribbling/feints mechanics and bad animations.

Probably not the right discussion thread, but just posting it here for one of the guys that mentioned using AI for more realistic animation in sports games. And of course for every other football fan here, as it sounds promising.

"Like Ubisoft, Electronic Arts is heavily involved in AI research. The publisher has central teams such as EA Digital Platform and a dedicated research division, SEED, working with advanced AI technologies. Like other developers, one of its major interests is the use of AI to augment asset creation, such as extremely natural and detailed textures, but also more authentic and reactive character animation. The ability to combine mo-cap animations with real-time responses is going to be vital to make sure characters interact in a realistic manner with complex game worlds, rather than running into doors or loping awkwardly up staircases.

"Animation blending and motion matching is now being handled by machine learning," says Tommy Thompson, director of the consultancy, AI and Games, and one of the foremost experts in video game artificial intelligence. "It figures out the best blend points between animations and re-targets those animations based on different contexts. So a character would be able to sit down in 10 different chairs, using the same animation, with the AI engine able to blend the movements seamlessly."

Right now, EA is investigating methods of using deep learning to capture realistic motion and facial likenesses directly from video instead of having to carry out expensive and time-consuming motion capture sessions. "This is something that will have a big impact in my opinion, especially for sports games in the future," says Paul McComas, EA's head of animation. "This motion data will allow us to cover more and more gameplay situations, and it will also appear more natural because we will get animation data from real athletes 'in the wild', if you will, as opposed to the vacuum of a motion capture studio."

"This means more realism, especially for contact sports, as well as more true-to-life signature moves and behaviors from big personalities. Being able to capture new material from video will also make us more reactive, like, for example, quickly introducing a new move from an athlete or even create scenarios based on real-life events, soon after they happened," says McComas."

Full article here:

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-future-of-artificial-intelligence-ai-in-video-games/
Exactly this. I follow many AI channels, and almost all animation-related scientists are working for EA. Konami on the other hand is just using the motion capture suits they had since 1998.

Well for people who want to play on the new consoles it's better if it's just a season update for ps4 because that means that it will be truly next gen for ps5 and not some degraded shitty hybrid version which would be also capable of running on ps4.My opinion is that when a new machine comes out you have to focus only there to make the best out of it and stop bothering with the previous version too much.Those who can afford the new one will play the best version with all it's benefits and those who can't will continue to play the old version.It is what it is.Otherwise there's no point and there's no progress.

Well, for PS3 to PS4, the games were practically similar from the core, and on PC you gotted mods making the game practically better than the "next-gen" version.
PES 2015 was identical, but differences were superficial, nothing was removed (less FPS etc.)

And about Fifa, even with "animation related scientist" the result is weird without even talking about the gameplay, and less natural than in PES. Because the guys from EA in charge of animations probably only copy/paste every animations etc. Well about facial expressions... That's sympathetic, but i couldn't care less.
Also, why they got 3d mo-cap and the result is less natural than on PES? Copy paste again, no retouch to fits to the game. Same for lightening on faces, it's looking pretty weird.

Well, for them having something realistic is all about TV representation much more than Football stuffs. Even with positionning AI, if they choose to caliber the game to be attack oriented...
I would like to, and i hope they will shut my mouth in the future, but i don't thrust EA anymore and they got no reason to change the gameplay. The game sells the same every year, and people (young) are addict to FUT.

Maybe from 2009-2014. PES 2008 for PS2 is improve version of PES 6 and is awesome, maybe one of the best PS2 games, after that is just one big mess, with different dribbling/feints mechanics and bad animations.

I recall PES 2014 was the last ever PS2 game released and then PES 2018 was the last one for PS3 so Konami aren't bad for supporting old consoles. I've been meaning to check out PES 2010-2014 on PS2 because I've never played them and they should share some of the PES 6 DNA.

Well, for PS3 to PS4, the games were practically similar from the core, and on PC you gotted mods making the game practically better than the "next-gen" version.
PES 2015 was identical, but differences were superficial, nothing was removed (less FPS etc.)

And about Fifa, even with "animation related scientist" the result is weird without even talking about the gameplay, and less natural than in PES. Because the guys from EA in charge of animations probably only copy/paste every animations etc. Well about facial expressions... That's sympathetic, but i couldn't care less.
Also, why they got 3d mo-cap and the result is less natural than on PES? Copy paste again, no retouch to fits to the game. Same for lightening on faces, it's looking pretty weird.

Well, for them having something realistic is all about TV representation much more than Football stuffs. Even with positionning AI, if they choose to caliber the game to be attack oriented...
I would like to, and i hope they will shut my mouth in the future, but i don't thrust EA anymore and they got no reason to change the gameplay. The game sells the same every year, and people (young) are addict to FUT.

EA today has more animations than Konami, variation I talk, but the big problem is that many of the animations are reused. EA is not afraid to "invent" or "displease" when it's in the process of creating FIFA. The animations in PES look very nice watching, playing I notice that I have no control of almost anything, it's as if the animations were scripted to happen that way always the same .

I recall PES 2014 was the last ever PS2 game released and then PES 2018 was the last one for PS3 so Konami aren't bad for supporting old consoles. I've been meaning to check out PES 2010-2014 on PS2 because I've never played them and they should share some of the PES 6 DNA.
They are awful games, don't play them. PES 6 DNA is so washed out. Sorry for Offtopic .

when Konami can deliver something like this, i'll be playing PES every day. i hope to see this level of speed and realistic movement one day. Can't wait to see what the Unreal 5 engine brings.

Also graphically it's the same as PES, but Animations are way better than PES.

when Konami can deliver something like this, i'll be playing PES every day. i hope to see this level of speed and realistic movement one day. Can't wait to see what the Unreal 5 engine brings.

Also graphically it's the same as PES, but Animations are way better than PES.

This is pre-rendered CGI, it has nothing to do with video games technically speaking. It's comparable to an animated movie at best.
You can find this CGI level in PES 2,3,4, 2009 or 2014 intros.

Hi There!!!, its been a while without posting here. I have to say im very excited waiting for PES 2022 Next Gen News , pics, videos.

As many of you, although i play PES 2021 because is the best soccer game in the market , the overall expierence is frustrating with the game. It has too many scripts, robotic mechanichs , is too rigid.

I mean, is not that the game doesnt has good animations or good graphics. The thing is that all the things are not well conected between them, so that , we have a rigid frustrating game.

if you play 10 15 games of the PS1 or PS2 versions of the winning eleven / PES , and then comeback and try to play PES 2021 on a PS5, it feels like the game is broken, with no fluidity.

I dont know if it is because , due to the complexity of programing games right now it has been too dificult for the engineers to keep the the game running as it was before in PS2 and PS1 o what happened, but these days, the game looks great and feels like crap.

Lets hope that with the mix of a more powerfull machine like PS5 and a new engine, the result of the game will be something good.

Unreal Engine does have the capability to make games look amazing with great gameplay, but the potential of the engine means nothing if the personnel and vision behind the project are not willing or capable of extracting it.

You could give a uni student all the ingredients and kitchen equipment in the world and they'd probably still end up with microwaved beans on burnt toast. A proper cook could make a nicer meal out of random scraps on a camping stove... The PES development team gave the impression of being more the game dev equivalent of the former rather than the latter last generation.

Before considering stuff like "metahumans", next-gen grass, weather, hair and clothing physics we need to see that they have the basics done right (AI, ball/player physics) with interesting gameplay mechanics. Without at least that as a base, I couldn't care less about any amount of next-gen visuals.

I was very excited about the new PES 2022 for NEXT GEN, until i found this note from 2012 (regarding the next generation of PES for PS4)

same story, same characters!!!!!! OMG

By Brett Phipps • 13 Jun 2012 • Posted in News
Konami: We won't repeat Pro Evo mistakes for next-gen
Konami has spent three years preparing Pro Evo for the next generation.
Konami: We won't repeat Pro Evo mistakes for next-gen

Konami started prepping PES for the next generation of consoles "three years ago", the series' marketing producer Manorito Hosoda has told VideoGamer.com.
Speaking today at a press event for Pro Evolution Soccer 2013, Hosoda said that Konami is keen to avoid the mistakes that typified PES' transition to the current gen.
"We would like to make a good start in transition to the next-gen consoles, not repeating the same failure from PS2 to PS3, generation," said Hosoda. "So we already started changing our philosophy and ways of developing the game three years ago."
The news follows quickly from senior producer Naoya Hatsumi's confirmation that next-gen PES will use Hideo Kojima's Fox Engine.
PES has undergone an overhaul to its core mechanics in recent entries. These changes look set to continue with PES 2013, with improved ball control, better player movement with ProActive AI and more realistic player behaviour with Player ID.
Our further impressions of PES' latest incarnation will be published later this week.

Link https://www.videogamer.com/news/konami-we-wont-repeat-pro-evo-mistakes-for-next-gen

when Konami can deliver something like this, i'll be playing PES every day.
Animations and graphics are OK but boy that isn't football. I'd stop playing it altogether if it played like that.
I mean, what happens from second 35 onwards is just ridiculous, in real life it would lead to the "volante", half the defence, and the manager being fired on the spot.

Palmeiras, which has not been licensed on PES since last year, sent an extra-judicial act to Konami to denounce them as responsible for the mods and patches that make reappear the license of the club and the players in the game

Until its phrased in a very tricky way.:LMAO:
But i agree its like buying a pair of plain shoes and the possibility to be able to draw a Nike logo on them is on the company. Ok.

Do you know anything about licenses for leagues? Or about increasing the slots of unlicensed leagues so players can add their own?

Back
Top Bottom