eFootball (All Platforms)

I really want to believe that they have learned lessons from PES 6 360 & PES 2014, But there also seems to be something culturally unique and pressuring about the Japanese gaming development that perhaps involves politics and expectation from the board above them that causes them to release stuff which the developers themselves know clearly isn't ready?

It may well be the dev team don't care, It may be that Konami corporate doesn't care, But i don't believe those unfinished games are released by accident or because the devs are truly satisfied?

PES 2015 on PS4 was also pretty bad and had hardly any content.
What did it miss compared to PES 2014 (the latest PS3-only title) or PES 2013?
It had Asian Champions League, it had Copa Libertadores, it had Copa Sudamericana... It featured 2nd divisions for the first time...
It had rain (a thing that PES 2014 didn't have)... Yeah I know we shouldn't take it as an example of "addition" but by now we may aswell assume it's always in.
The only things I can remember it not having (if compared to PES 2013) were the fully licensed La Liga stadiums (and probably having less stadiums than PES 2013 in general) and ML Online (replaced by MyClub IIRC).

But I don't think it was that poor in terms of content.
Then, gameplay wise, to each his own. Many people still preferred PES 2013 and I respect that, for me PES 2015 was a good game all in all (the PC version was not on par graphically with the PS4 one, but played almost the same).

Microsoft has bought Battestda, news that may be very important for the PES series. Why?
All analysts say that Sony should respond to the glove thrown by Microsoft moreover, in recent days there has been speculation that Microsoft may buy SEGA., which further reinforced rumors that Sony will buy Konami.
If you tie all the rumors from months ago about such a deal and add rumors about the game SIlins Hills made by Sony, Konami, and Kojima, things seem more likely.
If that happens, what will it mean for the PES series?

If they will not release next gen 2020 on pc, IT will be the reason to buy ps 5, for now it does not convince me

If they will not release next gen 2020 on pc, IT will be the reason to buy ps 5, for now it does not convince me
2020? Do you mean 2022? There WILL BE next-gen on PC, but will need RTX GPU's or new RX 6000 GPU of AMD, which will cost more than PS5, so ... PS5 is a better choice anyway.

Yes i meant 2022, is there any info about next gen for pc? I dont think so. They can release only for console like they did in the past for ps4. GF1080 would handle IT easily though

Yes i meant 2022, is there any info about next gen for pc? I dont think so. They can release only for console like they did in the past for ps4. GF1080 would handle IT easily though
I'm not sure that GF1080 can run all new next-gen futures like RayTracinge easily? And 1080 still cost a bit more than PS5 :D. The way a better choice will be RTX 3070.

Sure 3070 money for quality is best. But for now i run every game in 2k monitor and 4k tv on GTX 1080 :)

Is there any chance in the next gen version we're going to see more leagues or teams? Doesn't matter if fake/dummy, but it really is one of the biggest things holding the game back, providing you can stomach the gameplay of course.

Is the database structure and the limitations it has tied to the engine I guess is my question. :)

I'm not sure that GF1080 can run all new next-gen futures like RayTracinge easily? And 1080 still cost a bit more than PS5 :D. The way a better choice will be RTX 3070.

Mate, even the likes of current readily available 5700XT or 2070 Super should be able to handle next-gen 2022 easily at highest res settings. And I politely disagree with your comment re PS5 being a better choice. From editing stamp view, we all know that PC editing (has always) allows greater detail & flexibility whilst Console, you won't have much freedom; you get dictated by what the Option File can offer, which isn't much.

In saying that, with the new engine, I just hope that our facemakers, kitservers @juce , stadiaservers can still be productive. As always, with new engine(system), editing may not always easy at start, considering that these brilliant people still need to study and analyse on what can and cannot be done.

Eventhough it's for PES 2021 & i mostly play on PC, Option Files will be compatible with PS5. So there's a bigger chance it also work with PES 2022 aswell.

Eventhough it's for PES 2021 & i mostly play on PC, Option Files will be compatible with PS5. So there's a bigger chance it also work with PES 2022 aswell.

I think they mean for PES 2021, since it will be released for PS5/Xbox X later this year or next year

Really hope they dont f up pes 22. Master league needs a MAJOR update

I wouldnt really have my hopes up. I doubt there will be any development from ground zero, i just checked out PES2010 and MOST tactical elements and player attributes are essentially the same...well to be honest some got removed of course as by tradition. Only thing they added on FOX are the advanced instructions (which screwes up the generic tactics to be honest as they dont work together) and this player influence(or whatever its c alled which doesnt even work at all currently and essentially the same as the com playing style so again another controversy). Oh and the team spirit which unlikely will go away since its one of the pillars of MyClub.

I haven't played either of this year's games but from what I've read, konami have a real opportunity to make a splash with PES2022. I've not heard anything positive about FIFA this year and looks like next gen will just be a visual upgrade.

Would love to see them release 2022 August time with a genuine next gen sports title. However given konami's history I do not expect anything 😂

I know its early to speak of the game, but since it's done from scratch, there is no excuse anymore not to have the following:

1) master league regens
2) massively improved edit mode (plenty more slots for leagues and teams, and blank leagues from scratch, plus multiple other options, make everything editable)
3) stadium CREATOR return, absent in PS4 era, absent since PS3 era, excuses are no more.

I know its early to speak of the game, but since it's done from scratch, there is no excuse anymore not to have the following:

1) master league regens
2) massively improved edit mode (plenty more slots for leagues and teams, and blank leagues from scratch, plus multiple other options, make everything editable)
3) stadium CREATOR return, absent in PS4 era, absent since PS3 era, excuses are no more.

PES2014 was done from "scratch" it still has most of the gameplay ideas, elements in it as PES2013, the only thing is everything is worse and less. Ok to be fair given the current circumstances, lets take PES2015 rather....well still with the same issues on hand. And as it went on the Seabass influence slowly and slowly fade away.
Ill think Efootball 2022 will continue to be bland, appealing to the massess, only a former shell of Pro Evolution Soccer just like it was in the past 8 years.
I think we should wake the F up already. PES is gone. Its done. Died with PES2013. PES2014 was a promising try but it was thrown into the bin for the sake of ball spinning, micro transaction loving kids.

For some people Pro evo ist still way more prior than Fifa, gameplaywise fifa is a complete desaster... PES2022 can be a new start, we will see

we need a complete new competitioner with a new vision of footballgaming... Fifa and PES stuck in their own shit what was piled up for years...

No doubt this will be the best looking football game ever. Graphics for days.

Gameplay you can argue what's good, what's bad - it's a matter of preference. Would like to have longshots back, would like to have smooth dribbling too, but it's hardly important at this point.

The key thing for me is whether we'll get to play the game on the pitch or will it keep playing somewhere in the background, in the hidden algorithms and momentum values whereas we either just go with the flow and do whatever or have odds stacked against us and wrestle with the gamepad, struggling to string two passes together.

Above all the potential new gamemodes, eye candy, licenses, I sure would like to play a football game where I play football matches against football opponents. Can be 8 directions for all I care. Just don't make it into another suffering simulator, please. If I press the button, I press the button - please don't force player into 150 irrelevant animations. If I miss a shot, I miss a shot - no need to apply crazy corrections to my aim and forcing goalkeeper to punch the ball into his own net.

Just, like, let me play dude. Stop interfering with the action on the pitch. Get your scriptey fucken hands off the goddamn game, please. Otherwise it's a waste of time, regardless of all potential improvements and additions.

1) master league regens

Regens fixed maybe i can see it, but i don't really think they will massively improved edit mode and put stadium creator.

When I watch PES 2020 and 2021 videos on youtube (I never played these games) I feel very bored. I mean, where the hell is dribbling gone? I watched so many videos without seeing a single 1vs1 dribbling action, only shielding the ball and pushing your way forward. I hope new PES will be less dull but I don't believe it, I fear it will be even more boring.

The key thing with this game will be the animations and the responsiveness. The route Konami has taken the last couple of years sickening me.. the SLOW animations and it feels like im playing a football game in the mud where players cant turn or shoot

If it will be have the gameplay from 2020 demo without the scripting, I will give Konami and Pes 2022 a chance.

PES2012 AI, impact of stats knocks any PES out of the park with ease from the past 7 years. Wonder why they were never bothered to bring these back. The systems were the same. Only the engine and the producer, director changed. Pick your poison. But only the engine will change this time.

Back
Top Bottom