eFootball (All Platforms)

Yes, it was principally because UE is pretty light and "Mobile friendly". I can even tell that UE is everything friendly, the guys who made it thinked of everything in terms of customisation, from low to high graphics and special effects.

The mobile version don't have the half of polygons and texture as even a PS3 version of PES 2015, and models looks differently build. But who cares, it's a Mobile game and they've done a pretty good job with graphics on a small screen, you don't even see the difference.

Yes, it was principally because UE is pretty light and "Mobile friendly". I can even tell that UE is everything friendly, the guys who made it thinked of everything in terms of customisation, from low to high graphics and special effects.
It's complete lie!!
EVERY SINGLE UE game I have played runs my graphics card almost as hot as I would be playing The Witcher 3, while offering nowhere near graphical quality comparing to it!!
And even Epic Store, which uses UE, runs like crap/uses more resources compared to Steam while having a lot less features!

It's complete lie!!
EVERY SINGLE UE game I have played runs my graphics card almost as hot as I would be playing The Witcher 3, while offering nowhere near graphical quality comparing to it!!
And even Epic Store, which uses UE, runs like crap/uses more resources compared to Steam while having a lot less features!

Why they use that engine for Mobile if it's so big as you said? And gots less a "ps2.5 lookalike" graphics and it's more compatible now than when they used Fox instead?
That's the reason i've heard, that's all, to be honest i don't know (neither care) of graphical engine. I'm more interested on "Physical" engine, well, the core of the game and not the amount of special effect you can add.

It's a real question. I didn't checked if some games i've got on PS4 (pro) was UE or not.
This is my small list (won't put the games i'm sure they aren't UE like EA or PES games), got others games to launch i didn't already:
Doom, Dark Souls 2 remastered, AO Tennis, Nioh 1, SF5. I know From Software games don't run with UE, i got them all, but i don't know about DS2 remaster.
To launch: GOW, Nioh 2

Also gotted Tekken 7 on PS4 just saw it's running on UE 4, and it turned on a 7 years old middle class PC without issue. Well it's a VS game, less demanding but still.

I'm counting the days for the E3 like a prisoner would waiting for his freedom.
proxy-image

Pes has been a huge and a very important part of my childhood, to the point where when my family gathered around to watch el classico, I was too busy destroying the superstar cpu in pes 5 instead hahah! But after the incredible pes 2012, everything just basically went to shit, and all that passion that I had for the game was begging to slowly fade away until I completely lost interest in the series and football games in general altogether..

I really hope this year would the one to rekindle my love for this game but I'm ready to be utterly disappointed likewise, so fingers crossed it's the former. 🤞

Last edited:
I believe there will be more uncertainties to PES 2022, especially to the licensing stuffs, if the “European Super League” is going to be established.

Based on the latest statement from UEFA, I guess Konami (also EA) may possibly be forced to choose sides. (Between the partnership of the clubs and that of UEFA/AFC).

Now more than ever everything is all about the money, both in real football and in gaming football. I'm absolutely against this SuperLeague competition.

If during the E3 they show full gameplay of the game, full details of everything that we will have on Next Gen game, there is a possibility to have a very good game this year.

If instead they show a 40 seconds trailer with nothing at all, then prepare to the worst.

If they have done a very good work, they will be happy to share it and show it. If they havent done a proper job with the game, they will try to show us short trailers without showing the game as it is.

Also, i have asked on twitter if it would be great for you to have an intro screen of the game with sound like in the oldtimes (video below). I think this little touches could help the game to get closer to its lifetime fans.

It does seem more likely that Konami will side with Super League than FIFA (they aren't going to change their name, that seems outlandish), that or Super League won't appear in either. Is that a win for PES?

Just a polite request guys, can we keep the topics a bit separated please?! :)

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/thoughts-about-the-super-league.86542/
🙏
I mean the 2 are pretty inherently linked, the fact that the biggest clubs in the world are being kicked out of UEFA and FIFA competitions left and right will obviously throw a wrench in Konami's plan.
FIFA 22 has lost the rights to all Super League teams so who knows what this will do for a smaller developer like Konami.
The next year or football games has been drastically changed

I'm not doubting this could have an impact, but what is the source on this?

Some small-time Real Madrid fanpage on Twitter is not a source, and neither are tabloids or journalists writing clickbait articles theorising about it which is all I've seen so far.

If you have a legit source then I'll be glad to see it, otherwise let's not assume too much. I doubt EA are lacking the money to renegotiate or even rebrand their product if necessary and many of Konami's licenses are direct with the clubs rather than league licenses.

I would imagine the rights would be like for American sports where more than one publisher can bid and have access to them like with the NBA, NFL and MLB games.

Konami being at E3 has prompted a lot of speculations about them resurrecting old franchises - likely from Americans who don't seem to realize that PES is even a thing they make (here is an article which talks about what Konami at E3 could mean, without even mentioning PES). Although I would be surprised if PES 2022 is the only thing they show there, it is still a next gen game in a year where those aren't exactly flooding the market. So I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to make a bit of splash about it. I doubt we will see much of anything before then.

Konami being at E3 has prompted a lot of speculations about them resurrecting old franchises - likely from Americans who don't seem to realize that PES is even a thing they make (here is an article which talks about what Konami at E3 could mean, without even mentioning PES). Although I would be surprised if PES 2022 is the only thing they show there, it is still a next gen game in a year where those aren't exactly flooding the market. So I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to make a bit of splash about it. I doubt we will see much of anything before then.
lol. PES is literally their biggest console franchise now, after they shut down MGS which never made as much money as PES anyway.

Maybe KONAMI won't reveal PES at E3? Maybe at the eFootball Open finals in June/July? To get people to tune into the Finals stream. They did something similar in 2019 where they revealed exclusive details at the PES League event for PES 2020. (Demo reveal, Project 11 (which was scrapped), Edit mode added to the demo, with carryover data to the full game)

Attachments

• EN_04.jpg
    EN_04.jpg
    671.9 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom