eFootball (All Platforms)

But you can edit every team in Pes, so that's a non issue really. Problem is, if the exclusive license doesn't bring stadiums then it's useless.

that's exactly what i am saying, as long as your "big feature" of fully authentic clubs (including their stadiums) is limited to only a handful, that certainly cost a lot of money, it is absolutely useless for 80-90% of the players. you are catering to a niche audience for most of the part, if you look at football as a global game.
can only play so many games in NEU SONNE ARENA before i actually have to throw up.

(in no way this as meant as a negative comment against napoli btw, just in general. it's really cool for you / others to have their club fully detailed in the game, but at what cost?)

scrap the license stuff altogether & invest that surely not small sum into a fantastic football game.
This would be such a dream for me... Unfortunately the main audience the game caters to nowadays won't be happy of this.

Konami should bring in 100 unlicensed stadiums of different shapes and sizes (from huge olympic ones with the athletics track to very small ones with stands only on the long sides of the pitch), make us able to edit their details (track colour, seat colour, adboards/dressing, net shape and colour on a per-team basis), and surely the community will find the best stadium and the best settings for each team.

Then, Konami, should you also like to include some licensed and unique stadiums like San Siro or Camp Nou... Go ahead. The more the merrier.
But please, pretty please, give us a HUGE selection of unlicensed ones to suit any taste.

@OPM, I agree with you: having to play half the matches in the Neu Sonne Arena (or in Konami Stadium which I hate even more) is pointless, it kills the immersion after a while.
Things became better with PES 2018 (where we had at least some smaller grounds like Sports Park) but we're not really there yet... In 2014/2017 at least for PC (talking about the unpatched games here) the choice was sooooo bad it was ridiculous.

Last edited:
the joy of playing with your 100% authentic club (one of what, 10?) against a bunch of random, non-licensed bullcrap.

scrap the license stuff altogether & invest that surely not small sum into a fantastic football game.

The problem is, if you ask people, only here at Evoweb, what is their definition of a fantastic football game, you would get 10+ different definitions of what is a fantastic football game. If you ask people to give their top three elements to make a fantastic football game, you would get all the flavours (and that's fine to me).

For me a realistic gameplay is by far the most important element. But again, if you ask people to define what is a realistic gameplay you would get a fan of different definitions.
My definition of a realistic gameplay includes 1) a realistic overall physics (another fan of fan of definitions). Which includes ball physics, movement physics, a proper collisions detection. More hitting errors/variety depending on the overall physics (balance, timing, ect) and players stats.
2) Proper players positioning on the pitch with with a realistic balance between runs and more static movements (not a la FIFA20+).
3) A smart stat driven AI affecting all the players not controlled by the user. Stats should affect all the element of the game from the positioning to the ball control, passing by marking ability ect.. This smart AI should behave as human like as possible.
4) To be viable on the long run, the gameplay should allow different tactic settings to impact the way teams play. But not in a stereoptic way, it should be contextual (ie: don't play long if you are not forced to, if you see what I mean).

As far as I am concerned, I would be very happy with a game completely stripped from licensed content (generic stadiums, faces, balls, kit with pink and green stripes) as long as the four above mentioned points are ticked. I would play a game with only 30 fake teams if the gameplay was this good and if the 30 teams had their own identity once on the pitch.

Dreaming...

Last edited:
that's exactly what i am saying, as long as your "big feature" of fully authentic clubs (including their stadiums) is limited to only a handful, that certainly cost a lot of money, it is absolutely useless for 80-90% of the players. you are catering to a niche audience for most of the part, if you look at football as a global game.
can only play so many games in NEU SONNE ARENA before i actually have to throw up.

(in no way this as meant as a negative comment against napoli btw, just in general. it's really cool for you / others to have their club fully detailed in the game, but at what cost?)

I don't think that having few exclusive licenses takes so much of their budget. Besides, you don't really need a huge budget to make some key improvements to modes and gameplay. They just don't care, that's the truth. Their focus is Myclub.

I mean, do you need budget to come with a solution to completely remove the awful Pes regen system and create a new one? Or do you really need a big budget to program referees that are actually competent?

This is until now. Who knows what the future will bring.

Last edited:
I mean, do you need budget to come with a solution to completely remove the awful Pes regen system and create a new one?
Well, not that much. It's just a matter of not being lazy and to do something like this:
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/poll-master-league-youth-system.77630/#post-3217397

Or do you really need a big budget to program referees that are actually competent?
In this case, maybe it's so.
I mean, if decisions made by referees are actually driven by the collision system, you'll need to rewrite the collision system to make sure fouls are properly recognized.
This would mean having to change maybe footplanting, clipping, and such... Definitely harder than fixing the 'respawning players' issue.
This doesn't mean that it can't be done, though.

This would be such a dream for me... Unfortunately the main audience the game caters to nowadays won't be happy of this.

Konami should bring in 100 unlicensed stadiums of different shapes and sizes (from huge olympic ones with the athletics track to very small ones with stands only on the long sides of the pitch), make us able to edit their details (track colour, seat colour, adboards/dressing, net shape and colour on a per-team basis), and surely the community will find the best stadium and the best settings for each team.

Then, Konami, should you also like to include some licensed and unique stadiums like San Siro or Camp Nou... Go ahead. The more the merrier.
But please, pretty please, give us a HUGE selection of unlicensed ones to suit any taste.

@OPM, I agree with you: having to play half the matches in the Neu Sonne Arena (or in Konami Stadium which I hate even more) is pointless, it kills the immersion after a while.
Things became better with PES 2018 (where we had at least some smaller grounds like Sports Park) but we're not really there yet... In 2014/2017 at least for PC (talking about the unpatched games here) the choice was sooooo bad it was ridiculous.
This made me remember when I played PES 2010 up until about PES 2015 on PS2 and the only reasonable option for a somewhat English looking stadium was Arminia Bielefeld's Schüco Arena, which for some reason was in the game. It was called Blautraum Stadion, I'll never forget. Though there were some interesting stadiums in those games like Artemio Franchi, Mestalla, Estadio da Luz, Dragao and Riazor.

I completely agree about having more unlicensed stadiums. Many have called for a full on stadium editor back but I would be more than fine if we had many options available ready to give a personalised touch. Simply extend the the current options available. Give us the ability to make the seat colours and running tracks custom colours, let us add adboards (perhaps just link this to the club partners option they recently added). So many things you could think of that surely couldn't be too hard to implement taking into account the way the edit mode is structured now.

Having more dozens of unique fake stadiums would be a big improvement, especially if they allow us to put whatever color we want on seats, corner flags and sidelines. And speaking about edit mode, I think kit editor won't change (except by fonts), as you can just import some image from internet, especially if we get option files on Xbox. Face editor maybe will get an improvement, as the atual editor doesn't give us authentic human faces.
What I expect is a league/cup creator, with many possibilities of lower leagues and relegation/promotion.

They could call it eBruh.It sounds good and is relatable cause sometimes with the things you see happening on the pitch you're like ''bruh..."
Also it sounds like Ibra so it's footballistic enough.Or if they don't like it they could call it George or something.

I've long wished that some company would just make a totally open football game and focus on inclusivity above all. It's the global game after all so give us a fully editable African + Asian + Caribbean etc. league setup. Make everything open and allow us to move things about as we wish. Don't pay for licenses at all but make it very open.

PES in many ways because of forums has become this for a lot of us but we are still somewhat limited.

I think in the next decade SOME publisher takes a stab at making football games.

the joy of playing with your 100% authentic club (one of what, 10?) against a bunch of random, non-licensed bullcrap.

I reckon they get these club licenses just so that they can put the club's "Legends" into MyClub and other content for the mode based on those licenses.

As for the league licenses like the Danish/Swiss leagues where there's almost zero stadiums, a handful of player faces and nothing much they can really sell in MyClub, I have no idea. They actually make no effort, modders could probably surpass their quality and quantity of all the content in a single day. They don't even do the scoreboards, 90% of the players look like clones. It is almost literally only the kits and badges and they boast that it's licensed.

I've long wished that some company would just make a totally open football game and focus on inclusivity above all. It's the global game after all so give us a fully editable African + Asian + Caribbean etc. league setup. Make everything open and allow us to move things about as we wish. Don't pay for licenses at all but make it very open.

PES in many ways because of forums has become this for a lot of us but we are still somewhat limited.

I think in the next decade SOME publisher takes a stab at making football games.
I agree, the ps1/2 days were the golden days for football games.

Not all great but at least we had a choice like Actua soccer, Adidas power soccer, This is football, Three lions, Libero Grande, premier league allstars, UEFA Champions league, also various club editions of a Codemasters football game (which name escapes me)

I bet there is more, but yes we have a meagre choice nowadays.

I agree, the ps1/2 days were the golden days for football games.

Not all great but at least we had a choice like Actua soccer, Adidas power soccer, This is football, Three lions, Libero Grande, premier league allstars, UEFA Champions league, also various club editions of a Codemasters football game (which name escapes me)

I bet there is more, but yes we have a meagre choice nowadays.
Lma manager by codemasters was quality 👍

Konami's fiscal year (2021)

➡️ PES Mobile has reached 400 million downloads

➡️ PES franchise sold 400,000 copies compared to last fiscal year

➡️ Konami talked about competitive tournaments in PES mobile/PES for Consoles

➡️ Konami gave no hints of the franchise's future in this financial report

And yet this will be called eFootball, yet that Japanese channel(eFootball) says it might be true. :))

Apparently EA has become "official partners" with Serie A... Anyone hazard a guess what that means?
Since KONAMI have been nabbing a lot of the big Italian teams, I guess EA want to retaliate by making the Serie A brand exclusive to their game. But the teams are not apart of the licence.
So it looks like FIFA will have Serie A with fake and real teams

And PES will have a fake Italian league (name, image) but with real and fake teams.

Since KONAMI have been nabbing a lot of the big Italian teams, I guess EA want to retaliate by making the Serie A brand exclusive to their game. But the teams are not apart of the licence.
So it looks like FIFA will have Serie A with fake and real teams

And PES will have a fake Italian league (name, image) but with real and fake teams.

What a time to be alive...

Back
Top Bottom