eFootball (All Platforms)

Since KONAMI have been nabbing a lot of the big Italian teams, I guess EA want to retaliate by making the Serie A brand exclusive to their game. But the teams are not apart of the licence.
So it looks like FIFA will have Serie A with fake and real teams

And PES will have a fake Italian league (name, image) but with real and fake teams.
So if FIFA own the Serie A licence it does not give her the licence of the clubs ?

So if FIFA own the Serie A licence it does not give her the licence of the clubs ?
Nope. Serie A’s rights are not affiliated with any media company like Premier League, La Liga and Bundesliga. Hence why the big Italian teams are exclusive to one game or the other.
I see EA pumping the Licence in Ultimate Team with POTM cards like the other leagues mentioned above

Nope. Serie A’s rights are not affiliated with any media company like Premier League, La Liga and Bundesliga. Hence why the big Italian teams are exclusive to one game or the other.
I see EA pumping the Licence in Ultimate Team with POTM cards like the other leagues mentioned above
I think this explained why they were so easy to obtain rights in other football games like Vive le Football recently or Virtua Pro Football on PS2 as well as PES 3's first licensed clubs were Italian.

Não, nem mesmo notícias ou telas no PES 2022 desde o teaser
Alguém notou que a afirmação do futuro do PES na verdade não diz nada sobre ser PES 2022? Quer dizer, a Konami poderia literalmente nos colocar com o pé errado aqui porque você sabe ... Konami ... lol

Maybe it's just Efootball. Do you think the PC will get the next generation version?

The league thought last year of handing over the league rights to a company, however the clubs did not agree with this decision.

Well, is Konami going to blow our minds with next generation technology or disappoint again?:))
My mind will be blown by how disappointing Pes will be. Anyone would expect they would completely improve the game with a new engine and yet they will still manage to disappoint.

Obviously that's my opinion, but i see nothing suggesting otherwise. With Konami and Pes now i am in "assume the worst possible outcome" phase.

Well, is Konami going to blow our minds with next generation technology or disappoint again?:))
Well, yes, there is no place for a middle ground!
Knowing Konami and what other companies like 2K and EA show for their first " next-gen " games = nothing impressive just.. moving hair and colorful bubbles, I'm not sure that Konami will do a better job, so I think we will be disappointed because for some reason we have too high expectations.

Knowing Konami and what other companies like 2K and EA show for their first " next-gen " games = nothing impressive just.. moving hair and colorful bubbles, I'm not sure that Konami will do a better job, so I think we will be disappointed because for some reason we have too high expectations.
My expectations are zilch, I’m not even bothered for news like previous years, I’m just looking at it as a massive bonus if they give us something that looks pretty, but actually plays well…….if not then I’m neither unhappy or surprised, because it’s what I expected.

I am not going to be surprised if KONAMI made graphics look close to reality, but graphics aren't what a football game is meant to be. I'm not too satisfied with the actual gameplay even though it's not that bad, but if the next-gen features aren't at the expectations then playing PES again would seem to be an impossibility.
And by saying "features" I mean improved animations, sound database, having more freedom in editing, AI (specially referees, crowds, etc...), atmospheres (I'm pretty optimistic about atmospheres for the next-gen).

Could it be that Konami are waiting to go all in to promote PES 2022 (or whatever it will be called) during the upcoming Euros? Seems like a good opportunity but, well, it's Konami we´re dealing with so...

My gut feeling: expect Konami to delay PES / eFootball 2022 until December or so.

Konami's been vocal about showcasing and leaking achievements in the past when they've been able to (remember that Edge feature about PES 2014). Bailing on E3 and this radio silence about PES 2022 at this stage is not good at all.

Every new generation makes games like these exponentially more expensive, and creates "winner takes all" dynamics. Unfortunately I believe there's no longer enough space for two soccer juggernauts like FIFA and PES. Most segments have crystallized into one solid game (NBA Live for example being killed) as the amount of work is tremendous for the expected quality and attention to detail that new systems require.

EA has the critical mass to attract a majority of the market and it's almost anti-economic for Konami to compete head on. Take one stadium, for example: In the PS One days it took 2-3 people a week of work to recreate one. Now it's easily 20x times more complex.

Maintaining FOX Engine was surely another prohibitively expensive luxury that Konami has had to forfeit. Unreal is out there and it's just cheaper to use it.

Long story short: I'd say it's a 50/50 chance PES2022 will never see the light of day or be the last in the series, and it's almost certain to be delayed to late 2021.

My gut feeling: expect Konami to delay PES / eFootball 2022 until December or so.

Konami's been vocal about showcasing and leaking achievements in the past when they've been able to (remember that Edge feature about PES 2014). Bailing on E3 and this radio silence about PES 2022 at this stage is not good at all.

Every new generation makes games like these exponentially more expensive, and creates "winner takes all" dynamics. Unfortunately I believe there's no longer enough space for two soccer juggernauts like FIFA and PES. Most segments have crystallized into one solid game (NBA Live for example being killed) as the amount of work is tremendous for the expected quality and attention to detail that new systems require.

EA has the critical mass to attract a majority of the market and it's almost anti-economic for Konami to compete head on. Take one stadium, for example: In the PS One days it took 2-3 people a week of work to recreate one. Now it's easily 20x times more complex.

Maintaining FOX Engine was surely another prohibitively expensive luxury that Konami has had to forfeit. Unreal is out there and it's just cheaper to use it.

Long story short: I'd say it's a 50/50 chance PES2022 will never see the light of day or be the last in the series, and it's almost certain to be delayed to late 2021.

20x more complex does not equate to 20x more man power, it could actually take less time to complete one stadium on the basis that unreal coding is so simplistic to use…? It will be released but you are right it could well be delayed.

My mind will be blown by how disappointing Pes will be. Anyone would expect they would completely improve the game with a new engine and yet they will still manage to disappoint.

Not only that, it will be double disappointment too for they have had 2 seasons to nerf it right up! :BLINK::SHOCK:

A lot of opinions and predictions written here. Guys calm down, they are not stupid to miss the chance to release Pes this year and earn more money. I am sure they will announce the game soon with trailer on the new engine. They work on the game for 2 years now, maybe they wait for right opportunity and have the right picture of the game what it will be. I remember back in 2014 watching videos of Thomas Muller over and over again and was impressed how pes 2014 will look and play, after the release disspointment was huge. Good things come to those who wait, probably... :)

A lot of opinions and predictions written here. Guys calm down, they are not stupid to miss the chance to release Pes this year and earn more money.

If they have intention to release another half baked game like Pes 2014 it's best they delay the next gen version or release a Season Update yet again.

Remember there have been tons of delays in games because of the difficulty to work from home. This year is a crucial one for Pes and they can't really make another mistake. Imagine announcing a next gen football game powered by Unreal Engine, with so many attention on them and then failing, that will be the final blow for Konami and Pes.

So, like i said they can't afford that. The sensible choices are:

delay next gen version to next year and just release another Season Update

People will understand. If Konami tells everyone waiting for next gen Pes: "sorry guys, we really really want the game to be in the best possible form when released", i think people will accept that. I know i will accept that. It will show that for once they really are determined to develop the best possible game they can.

I honestly don't believe at all they managed to have a functional game while working from home plus the usual Konami being slow and bad at engine switches. I genuinely think if they release the first UE Pes game during this year it will be a buggy mess even worse than Pes 2008 and Pes 2014.

Guys don't compare Pes 2022 development circle with Pes 2014. Engine switch for Pes 2014 came on current generation at that time (PS3/Xbox 360), while next gen took another year for Pes 2015 (PS4/Xbox One). So there already is a big difference. Same goes with pes production team, some people who worked back then on it, aren't there anymore. This years Pes will come out with an engine which isn't Konami's own. There are all sorts of possibility what could/might happen( Stadium creator return?) or might not. We all have to wait for a full announcement, Gameplayvideos and a demo in the Summer to make an early prediction.

If they have intention to release another half baked game like Pes 2014 it's best they delay the next gen version or release a Season Update yet again.

Remember there have been tons of delays in games because of the difficulty to work from home. This year is a crucial one for Pes and they can't really make another mistake. Imagine announcing a next gen football game powered by Unreal Engine, with so many attention on them and then failing, that will be the final blow for Konami and Pes.

So, like i said they can't afford that. The sensible choices are:

delay next gen version to next year and just release another Season Update

People will understand. If Konami tells everyone waiting for next gen Pes: "sorry guys, we really really want the game to be in the best possible form when released", i think people will accept that. I know i will accept that. It will show that for once they really are determined to develop the best possible game they can.

I honestly don't believe at all they managed to have a functional game while working from home plus the usual Konami being slow and bad at engine switches. I genuinely think if they release the first UE Pes game during this year it will be a buggy mess even worse than Pes 2008 and Pes 2014.
Exactly.

A delay to PES 2022 was always highly possible, assuming it's all new, even without the pandemic. So I'd say that the chances of a delay now, are fairly high, taking everything into consideration.

Add to that the reduced user base on next-gen consoles, and Konami might well prefer to delay anyway, with the bonus of avoiding another half-baked game.

But economics will decide things, and I agree that another season update is on the cards for all, with PES 2022 being released really late in 2021 at best, and more likely in 2022.

How Konami dress all that up is anyone's guess, but I agree that most people would understand, and prefer it that way in the long run.

Exactly.

A delay to PES 2022 was always highly possible, assuming it's all new, even without the pandemic. So I'd say that the chances of a delay now, are fairly high, taking everything into consideration.

Add to that the reduced user base on next-gen consoles, and Konami might well prefer to delay anyway, with the bonus of avoiding another half-baked game.

But economics will decide things, and I agree that another season update is on the cards for all, with PES 2022 being released really late in 2021 at best, and more likely in 2022.

How Konami dress all that up is anyone's guess, but I agree that most people would understand, and prefer it that way in the long run.
Delaying PES again seems to be a fair plan, making us much more excited, that would work well if -only- if FIFA made FIFA22 the same as FIFA21.
If not, FIFA would conquer the market more and it would be too late for PES to get back at the competition. Because (at least for me) it's important that KONAMI earns more money to invest it more in the development of PES.

I think it is more probable release of bad game, than to delay another year .... maybe delay until November/December, but whole another year ... that kind of decisions are made by managers/marketing/CEO guys, and they dont care about quality - just profit

Will PES 2022 be one of the first major sports titles to utilize Unreal Engine? The closest games I can find that use it are Tony Hawk, Rocket League, and NBA Playgrounds.

personally i think they have been quiet in development cos they are struggling to take it to the next level i strongly believe, history says it all to be honest, dont expect too much or else you'll be very disappointed again history says it all with konami.

I foresee a game that will certainly present itself better from the point of view of animations and fluidity, but also of graphics. Expecting a masterpiece, even if it would be our full right, is perhaps a bit risky. We'll see, but I don't think we'll see a revolutionized ML, perhaps from the point of view of some negotiation, yes. Of course, it would be nice to be able to play even the minor leagues, like the third and fourth of a league, but I'm afraid it's just a dream ... From the editor's point of view it may well be that we will have to deal with the metal human creator , but I am not convinced we will also have the stadium editor as we want it ... Also, not to bring bad luck, but I am not convinced that the announcement of Pes2022 arrives so soon unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong...:((

Obviously that's my opinion, but i see nothing suggesting otherwise. With Konami and Pes now i am in "assume the worst possible outcome" phase.
Exactly . The lack of any news whatsoever is a strong indication to not expect anything. I remember PES 2011 being a reboot and a new direction. That was hyped up, teased and whatnot beyond belief and in my opinion it kind of delivered on its promise back then.

IF KONAMI had gold on their hands we'd have seen or heard something by now.

Will PES 2022 on PC be next gen as well? Because I saw FIFA and NBA just maintain current gen for pc but next gen for console

Will PES 2022 on PC be next gen as well? Because I saw FIFA and NBA just maintain current gen for pc but next gen for console
Nothing confirmed but I'd say probably not based on history. They normally push next gen in first release then PCs catch up a year later. Fifa 14 was the same for PS 4 and I'm sure fox engine lagged behind

I belive PC will be next gen. Thats large market, and last couple of years piratyng PES was not really a thing (crack will come out 3,4 or more months after release). And specially due to lack of nextgen consoles. Btw, PES 2014 was next gen on PC, as PES 2008.

Back
Top Bottom