eFootball Key Visual.jpg

Manufacturer: KONAMI
Developer: KONAMI
Genre: Sport
Number Of Players: tba
Technical Data (Resolution/Framerate): tba
Distribution Format: Blu-ray / Download
Size: tba
Compatible Systems: PS5, XSX, PC, (Android, iOS)
Price: F2P
Release Date: 2021
Trailer:

As the industry stands at the precipice of an exciting new generation of consoles, we believe that now is the perfect time to share some of our plans for the future of the PES franchise with you. To that end, we are excited to announce that we are hard at work on a next generation football title that aims to truly embody our core concept of "The Pitch is Ours".

This title is being developed with an updated engine that will enable us to dazzle you with staggering improvements to all areas of the game. Expect more realistic player models and animations, enhanced physics, photorealistic visuals, and much much more. We recognize that many of you are enthusiastic for new myClub and Master League content, and we are also excited to share that large updates are in the works for both of these modes.

However, the sheer scale of everything we are aiming to achieve for our next gen debut has made it necessary to pare back our efforts in other areas of development. As a result, we have made the decision to launch this year's PES as a streamlined offering in the form of a "season update".

That being said, we are still extremely confident that this year's game offers fans more than enough thrills to tide them over until our next gen title is ready for launch.

This year also marks a quarter of a century since the very first PES title was released. To commemorate this important milestone, and more importantly, to show our gratitude to you, our loyal fans, we are pleased to announce that this year's PES will launch at an affordable anniversary price and will also come with several bonuses.

Currently, we aim to begin testing of our next gen title sometime in mid-2021, with an estimated release date later in the same year. Until that time, we hope to see you back on the pitch in this year's season update.

Look forward to more news regarding our next gen project closer to release.

The PES Development Team

New Football Game Online Performance Test:
https://www.konami.com/wepes/obt/en-us/ps5/

eFootball Roadmap.jpg

Bonus: life goes on! enjoy!

Last edited:
News, Rumors and everything PES 2022
update 2021 05 12

Operation Sports: PES 2022: What to Expect From the Unreal Engine (Part One)
PES 2022 will be on the Unreal Engine, but it’s hard to believe Konami’s Fox Engine will turn eight this September. Debuting back in 2013, the Fox Engine was first used on PES 2014, which as you might remember, was a game that released with a lot bugs. Many of them eventually got ironed out through numerous patches, but most folks migrated over to the newly released PS4 and Xbox One platforms that year, and PES was not on them. It was around this time that EA’s FIFA series really started to pull away from PES in sales, in part due to the success of FIFA‘s Ultimate Team, but also due to the fact that it was the only footy game offered on the newer consoles at the time.

https://www.operationsports.com/pes-2022-what-to-expect-from-the-unreal-engine-part-one/

Operation Sports: PES 2022: What to Expect From the Unreal Engine (Part Two)

In part one of this two-part series, we covered a lot of the elements of the Unreal Engine that would surround the gameplay of PES. Now, let’s talk more about gameplay and a couple other leftover elements.

https://www.operationsports.com/pes-2022-what-to-expect-from-the-unreal-engine-part-two/
Information provided by @Mathgamer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update 2021 06 24

New Football Game Online Performance Test PS5:
https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP0101-PPSA02994_00-NFGOPT0000000000

New Football Game Online Performance Test PS4:
https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP0101-CUSA26885_00-NFGOPT0000000000
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update 2021 07 21

Last edited:
When we started preparing for our next-gen debut, it quickly became clear to us that fulfilling our ambitions would take a lot more development time, so we wanted to make sure our team had the resources has to focus fully on it.

The uniqueness of the PES brand lies in its realism, gameplay and authenticity. With the next generation of consoles, we want to ensure that we can deliver these points for our fans, as they do for us expect - we don't want a half-baked next-gen debut.

The extraordinary gameplay of PES has been built up over years of refinement. So if someone loves football, they love PES. We are aware that there is a high demand for more licenses among our fans , so we have several licensing teams around the world exploring new possibilities. But that will never come at the expense of gameplay.

https://www.kicker.de/781374/artikel/zukunft_von_pes_konami_setzt_alle_chips_auf_next_gen_konsolen

As Konami hopes to avoid past console transition mistakes, PES 2022 is under pressure to deliver
Squeaky bum time.
I turned to the dark side. Not of the Force - of video game football.

I'm sure I was not alone. I am of the generation raised on Pro Evolution Soccer, what was once the best, most popular football game on these shores. On PSone and PS2, it was the football game. A few two-versus-two games to get warmed up before a big night out, a sip of a drink every time the ball went out of play. And of course we're running late - we had to have a rematch, and another, and another...
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...le-transition-mistakes-pes-it-at-a-crossroads

As Konami hopes to avoid past console transition mistakes, PES 2022 is under pressure to deliver
Squeaky bum time.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...le-transition-mistakes-pes-it-at-a-crossroads
"Obviously PES 2021 is going to be a roster update, but are there any gameplay tweaks at all?
Lennart Bobzien: The gameplay will be the same as PES 2020. Whether there will be any tweaks in the future, I cannot comment on that right now." And now my hopes back home! Sigh!

Lennart "I cannot comment on that" Bobzein
So that's a hard no to any gameplay tweaks for a year in PES 2021, from what I can see.

On a side note, I hope the next gen consoles allow image file sharing from the outset. PES 2022 could suffer the same fate as PES 2015 did on the PS4, as Sony didn't allow certain file sharing for a while so you couldn't install option files. That's always been an issue for Xbox players. Not such an issue for PC players, obviously.

PC Games: Will there be any changes to the Master League mode?

Bobzien:
It was once announced that the Champions League would be overhauled over a three-year period and now it would be the third year. We cannot share specific information beyond what we have already announced, but it can be said that there will be no significant updates due to the season update approach. However, we have been transparent about our aspirations for our next generation title and how it will be developed from scratch, including updates to the Master League.

PC games: Why will you use Unreal Engine 5 in PES 2022 instead of your own?

Bobzien:
Unreal Engine allows our development team to look at our game from very different angles and gives the team more opportunities to take PES to a whole new level. We’ll talk more about exact technical details at a later date, but it’s important to note that we’re developing our next generation title from scratch. This is an incredibly exciting time for the PES franchise and we are doing everything we can to ensure that it becomes something that our players can be proud of.

PC Games: How will the PES 2022 benefit from the longer development time? What can we expect from the next generation PES?

Bobzien: We will
share more details about our next gene title when we are ready, but rest assured that we are making the most of the extra development time. The development of new hardware and the transition to a new engine bring challenges, but also incredible opportunities.

Link: https://www.pcgames.de/eFootball-PES-2020-Spiel-67762/Specials/Interview-Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2021-Season-Update-Konami-Entwickler-Lennart-Bobzien-1355538/galerie/3423888/

Man.. where were You? :D
I have this game, when IT starts IT is written unreal engine. They annouced IT when they annouced the game a while ago. I meant with my answer that IT looks amazingly realistic all maxed in 2k res
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/...nto-realism-to-create-the-ultimate-racing-sim
Alright. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Might have missed it... did not have a focus on that.
I’m good with the original AC. More cars... more classes... good physics system. Wouldn’t wanna spent a dime for a one class game. It’s 60fps on PS4 by now, right?!

Enjoy.

Edit: you are playing on PC, right?!

It’s the wrong thread btw (and i guided you the wrong direction (sorry mods)). Let’s move over to the appropriate thread (for further discussions)!

Last edited:
No problem my friend. I dont know about ps4, on pc looks do good that i cant believe IT. I watch replay every lap and i have seen a lot in my life, You should see IT on pc in person. Same fact that PES is going to be on UE drives me crazy

The anti-aliasing in Assetto Corsa Competizione is really bad in Full HD. Apart from that, it looks ok, but the performance is pretty mediocre for that.

My biggest hope in this new engine is that they will implement a more "fluid" database, in the sense you can add new leagues to the game and run it on ML and BAL modes seam- and flawlessly. Being able to edit these stuff even with modding tools but achieving results in the likes of FM's DB modding will be superb.
Also, I wonder how much reverse engineering will be done to this game in regards to modding capability, I hope it's greater than Fox's.
Here's to hoping we'll be able to tweak the "dynamic difficulty" to our likings.

Last edited:
I asked Hosoda PES! Memories of "PES 25th Anniversary" and transition to new and next-generation machines

It was announced that "Winning Eleven 2021" will be released as a season update version. Why was it released in this way this season?

The next generation of G5, so-called PlayStation and Xbox, was announced, and it was decided to develop the engine of PES in line with it over two years, so this year we will release it as a season update version centered on players etc. did.

Stay tuned for the new engine, which will significantly evolve all the elements that make up the gameplay, including player models, animations, physics, graphics, sounds and controls.

In this announcement, a demo video of the work released in 2021 was also released. The Unreal Engine logo will also appear in the video as "development of a new soccer game engine". Unreal Engine 5 is also a hot topic because it is for next-generation machines, but what kind of engine will it be?

As mentioned above, the new engine will improve the quality of all elements of gameplay (match) such as player models, animations, physics, graphics, sounds and controls.

In addition, modes such as Master League and myClub will be developed or renewed accordingly.

The "PES" series has come across generations of game consoles, PS1 to PS4, and then PS5. What are you paying attention to when moving to the next generation machine?

As we move to next-generation machines, our customers' expectations will naturally increase.

Failure to reach the quality that meets this expectation can lead to disappointment. We are always careful and thinking not to make users feel that way.

Link: https://qoly.jp/2020/08/09/winning-eleven-2021-interview-oks-1

Was It really confirmed its Going to be exclusive to Nextgen consoles and PC? Will It use Unreal Engine 5?

If yes for both, then it sounds Very interesting.

I have bad memories of the first versions of PES on the ‘next gen’ machines.

PES 6 on Xbox 360 was crap and felt rushed to me. PES 2015 on PS4 was also pretty bad and had hardly any content.

I hope the trend doesn’t continue with PES 2022.

I have bad memories of the first versions of PES on the ‘next gen’ machines.

PES 6 on Xbox 360 was crap and felt rushed to me. PES 2015 on PS4 was also pretty bad and had hardly any content.

I hope the trend doesn’t continue with PES 2022.

If they'll present a barebone product after an year and half of work and a seasonal update, they can go to hell for me. They have no excuses this time, they'll have to deliver, both in gameplay and in surroundings.

If they'll present a barebone product after an year and half of work and a seasonal update, they can go to hell for me. They have no excuses this time, they'll have to deliver, both in gameplay and in surroundings.
Im pretty sure that if they dont deliver, we will have them and some people excusing Konami because its a new engine, so it will take time to adapt.

Im putting all my faith on the new generation PES since this one for me was complete garbage, from both sides, and ir was the only generation that made me quit playing football games. Its been 3 years now without touching a football game longer than 1 or 2 times. I keep trying them when they are out but its the same complete scripted garbage with the same mistakes over and over and over again.

Please Konami get back on track for this new generation, whe all are in need of a great football game.

Stay tuned for the new engine, which will significantly evolve all the elements that make up the gameplay, including player models, animations, physics, graphics, sounds and controls.

Unreal Engine 5 is also a hot topic because it is for next-generation machines, but what kind of engine will it be?

As mentioned above, the new engine will improve the quality of all elements of gameplay (match) such as player models, animations, physics, graphics, sounds and controls.

I've yet to see them mention anything to do with AI improvements, let alone the overhaul the AI needs, and also the whole football/tactical side of the game, which hasn't evolved in years and is seriously stale and lacking.

The only things they mention that piques my interest in comments so far is "improved" physics and controls, although they might just be enhancing the scripted physics rather than having a real physics engine, in which case the game will be stuck as a scripted facade for the entire PS5 lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom