eFootball (All Platforms)

It doesn't matter whatever we fans say. KONAMI is obviously a boomer company. They can't see where the gaming era goes through they just walking on a straight line that they decided. They're probably working on MGS remake or Silent Hill now and don't pay any attention on new PES 22 because PES is nothing but financial resource for company. Because of all these things, I believe, they'll release an unfinished game just like PES 2014 maybe little bit polished but not more of that. KONAMI is a stupid boomer company so nobody expect any "complety new game".

PES14 was revolutionary and ambitious in terms of gameplay, even if it was not really polished.
I would take a balsy move like this one every day of the week, even if it ends being disappointing, rather than another copy paste of that soulless 20 and the likes.

PES14 was revolutionary and ambitious in terms of gameplay, even if it was not really polished.
I would take a balsy move like this one every day of the week, even if it ends being disappointing, rather than another copy paste of that soulless 20 and the likes.
Yeah I agree, At this point Fox Engine has run it's course, It's pretty much stale now and I'd appreciate some risk taking much more than playing it safe and giving us an updated PES 2021 for goodness sake.

I remember even FIFA 07 was revolutionary from an engine standpoint but was extremely unpolished but it was just nice to have a fresh perspective on football gaming other than that limited and expired PS2 engine FIFA was running on.

If we allow the debut games on next gen to publish without the pressure of high expectation like they have in the past, we can not be disappointed. Knowing what we know from history it's usually the subsequent game on new consoles that provides us with the premium, polished experience.

Maybe they still have the idea, that they could sell a few copies of Efootball PES 2021 season update, with this forecoming Euro in June. Maybe they wont show anything until the Euro has fininshed. I dont know, im trying to be positive with all of this.

also, i just looked the years that konami changed the PES engine over the years, if im not wrong:

- until PES 2 / WE 6 (PS1 / PS2). The engine was Renderware
- From PES 3 (PS2 / PS3) until PES 2013 the engine was Renderware new version
- from PES 2014 until PES 2021 (PS3 / PS4) the engine was FOX
- PES 2022 (PS5) Unreal Engine

I was surprised to see that PES 2008 (first PS3 game) had no engine change when changing generation (it was a disaster). And PES 2014 had its engine changed in the end of the PS3 generation (Another disaster). So let me hope that start this new generation from 0 with Unreal engine could be something good.

unfortunatelly the only well done passtrough of generations, was made from PS1 to PS2 (glorydays of PES / Winning eleven)

Well, I belive there is no chance for PES 2022 to be similar to 2021 or 2020 ... it will surely be different. But what you guys are talking is (if I understand) that even though we will have new PES and everything ... it will simply be bad.

I would say it would be decent, and that in 2-3 years it will become good game.
They said that a couple of 2-3 years back.

There won’t be any news about PES 2022 before June, because I didn’t even expect it, but if you’re expecting it, you’re too impatient.

They have already said last year, that they will be trying the game by MID 2021, so i think, we are being too much drastic about all this thing.

JULY 16th , 2020

Taking PES to a Whole New Level​

As the industry stands at the precipice of an exciting new generation of consoles, we believe that now is the perfect time to share some of our plans for the future of the PES franchise with you.
To that end, we are excited to announce that we are hard at work on a next-generation football title that aims to truly embody our core concept of "The Pitch is Ours".

This title is being developed with an updated engine that will enable us to dazzle you with staggering improvements to all areas of the game. Expect more realistic player models and animations, enhanced physics, photorealistic visuals, and much much more.
We recognize that many of you are enthusiastic for new myClub and Master League content, and we are also excited to share that large updates are in the works for both of these modes.

However, the sheer scale of everything we are aiming to achieve for our next-gen debut has made it necessary to pare back our efforts in other areas of development. As a result, we have made the decision to launch this year's PES as a streamlined offering in the form of a "season update". That being said, we are still extremely confident that this year's game offers fans more than enough thrills to tide them over until our next-gen title is ready for launch.
This year also marks a quarter of a century since the very first PES title was released. To commemorate this important milestone, and more importantly, to show our gratitude to you, our loyal fans, we are pleased to announce that this year's PES will launch at an affordable anniversary price and will also come with several bonuses.

Currently, we aim to begin testing of our next-gen title sometime in mid-2021, with an estimated release date later in the same year.
Until that time, we hope to see you back on the pitch in this year's season update.
Look forward to more news regarding our next-gen project closer to release.
The PES Development Team

They have already said last year, that they will be trying the game by MID 2021, so i think, we are being too much drastic about all this thing.

JULY 16th , 2020

As the industry stands at the precipice of an exciting new generation of consoles, we believe that now is the perfect time to share some of our plans for the future of the PES franchise with you.
To that end, we are excited to announce that we are hard at work on a next-generation football title that aims to truly embody our core concept of "The Pitch is Ours".

This title is being developed with an updated engine that will enable us to dazzle you with staggering improvements to all areas of the game. Expect more realistic player models and animations, enhanced physics, photorealistic visuals, and much much more.
We recognize that many of you are enthusiastic for new myClub and Master League content, and we are also excited to share that large updates are in the works for both of these modes.

However, the sheer scale of everything we are aiming to achieve for our next-gen debut has made it necessary to pare back our efforts in other areas of development. As a result, we have made the decision to launch this year's PES as a streamlined offering in the form of a "season update". That being said, we are still extremely confident that this year's game offers fans more than enough thrills to tide them over until our next-gen title is ready for launch.
This year also marks a quarter of a century since the very first PES title was released. To commemorate this important milestone, and more importantly, to show our gratitude to you, our loyal fans, we are pleased to announce that this year's PES will launch at an affordable anniversary price and will also come with several bonuses.

Currently, we aim to begin testing of our next-gen title sometime in mid-2021, with an estimated release date later in the same year.
Until that time, we hope to see you back on the pitch in this year's season update.
Look forward to more news regarding our next-gen project closer to release.
The PES Development Team
I wouldnt be surprised if 2022 on the older gen was another season update and next gen gets released around mid October time like old WE games

Last edited:

Agreed! At least they tried something new. Despite the flaws, PES 2014 and 2018 are the ones that played like a current gen game. All the other ones is too point and click, instantaneous first touch and no momentum. Its like mobile games with fancy graphics to my eyes.

I wouldnt be surprised if 2022 on the older gen was another season update and next gen gets released around mid October time like old WE games
Thought they already confirmed that? No Unreal Engine on Last Gen Consoles.

Thought they already confirmed that? No Unreal Engine on Last Gen Consoles.

Nowhere is confirmed. It's just baseless speculation from you know "some brazilian leaker" or whatever. Although without confirmation yet, it's actually make sense if they release PES 2022 with no unreal engine, i mean look out the history. I'd be suprise if the new game came out with Unreal Engine on old consoles.

Nowhere is confirmed. It's just baseless speculation from you know "some brazilian leaker" or whatever. Although without confirmation yet, it's actually make sense if they release PES 2022 with no unreal engine, i mean look out the history. I'd be suprise if the new game came out with Unreal Engine on old consoles.

Actually, if you look at the post konami did last year about PES 2022, they said that the new engine is being used on next gen consoles. I mean it seems, when it says "this title" in the second paragrahp is talking about the next gen tittle mentioned on the paragraph above.

Actually, if you look at the post konami did last year about PES 2022, they said that the new engine is being used on next gen consoles. I mean it seems, when it says "this title" in the second paragrahp is talking about the next gen tittle mentioned on the paragraph above.

I was speaking about unreal engine on old consoles, looks like i forgot to put some words there

I was speaking about unreal engine on old consoles, looks like i forgot to put some words there
understand it , i mean, as for konami's post , it looks like only the new generation title will be using that engine.

UE would be work on ps4...
Well... yeah... I don't know where this rumor came from, but I don't see any sense in Konami supporting two different games with two different engines for years, holding different teams to make the content each separate platform when it's not necessary ... again for me it makes no sense ...
Unreal Engine can be run in the microwave ...

Well... yeah... I don't know where this rumor came from, but I don't see any sense in Konami supporting two different games with two different engines for years, holding different teams to make the content each separate platform when it's not necessary ... again for me it makes no sense ...
Unreal Engine can be run in the microwave ...
Technically, they did just that with PES 2015-2018 where the PS4 and Xbox One games used a newer version of the Fox Engine than the PS3 and Xbox 360 games.

I really hope they are not trying to scale down the Unreal Engine for those ancient consoles. Just focus on a proper next-gen experience.

Should I go for a PS5 or an Xbox Series X for the next PES? I'm leaning towards the first.

ah I heard before somewhere (literally can’t remember where) that they were going to fully rebrand as just “E Football” I.e no more PES to facilitate their esports future strategy.

So yeah the game will be almost entirely (if it isn’t already) built with esports in mind going forward it the rebrand is legitimate.

Oh the joy.
After all, Fortnite is also powered by Unreal... :YAWN:

To be honest i've never genuinely seen Pro Evolution Soccer as that good of a name for the series, it's iconic for sure, which is enough for me to love it a lot, and the abbreviation PES is dope and sounds good, but the name is indeed very try hard, having both the "Pro" and the "Evolution" words on it. Also it calls the sports "Soccer" instead of Football, which makes sense since PEF wouldn't sound too good, but still...

Winning Eleven is the perfect name, it's the original name of the series, which has been used in Japan since the original PS1 game in 1995, it avoids calling the sport either Soccer or Football, which makes it a perfect worldwide name, and it's just as iconic, if not more, than Pro Evolution Soccer, also the abbreviation is WE, which can be easily used for marketing, similar to how Inter Milan is doing with the whole "I'M".

E-FOOTBALL, though? Like, it does make sense from a marketing perspective, having a professional name is usually good and you don't get more official sounding than FIFA, which is the main competitor, the only way to beat them at that would be to make a game called Football, but that's also too generic, E-FOOTBALL is instantly recognizable, so it's not too generic, and it's sounds just as official as FIFA, also it comes before FIFA when sorting things by alphabetical order.

Still, i'd love to keep the PES name instead of switching to that tbh, it's much more iconic, if they were to change i'd love Winning Eleven tho, it'd be perfect, but E-FOOTBALL? It's a sad representation of the direction that the series is seeking, also if that leak is true then that logo is freaking terrible to me for some reason, something about it feels off.

ah I heard before somewhere (literally can’t remember where) that they were going to fully rebrand as just “E Football” I.e no more PES to facilitate their esports future strategy.

So yeah the game will be almost entirely (if it isn’t already) built with esports in mind going forward it the rebrand is legitimate.

Oh the joy.

Actually, they have registered the new name all arround the world, here you have the registration of the name in Argentina as an example. That is the new logo , i dont know if they will still be using PES afther that logo or not

Capture.JPG

Actually, they have registered the new name all arround the world, here you have the registration of the name in Argentina as an example. That is the new logo , i dont know if they will still be using PES afther that logo or not

View attachment 98619
Recalled some of my memories about the registration stuff. Before PES 2019 releases, they tried to register e-Football as a trademark in Hong Kong but rejected by the authority.

I think they have planned for a rename (removing both PES and Winning Eleven from the game name) for a long time but the thing was not going so smooth.

Back
Top Bottom