PES 2022 modding tools

Hels The Ronin

Premiership
15 November 2019
So guys... Been around this forum for 2 years already, first with another account then with this one, and through this 2 long years of traveling around the desert, I've been seeing the modders in and out of the community being really active and doi g a great job modding the game, from kits, dashboards and other visuals to gameplay, going through better illumination, reshades, etc. Modders and community giving feedback, we've made out of a frustrating and infuriating game, a beautiful one to play. Gotta give credit to @avok23 @Holland @incas36 @gabe.paul.logan @bromi and many others that don't come to my mind as of now, for their incredible job making tools and modding the gameplay.

However, I think is fair to say that the job of providing correct tools doesn't belong to the community but to Konami itself, having in count that the game is alive quite much thanks to it's community. So, I think it is time to ask for them. To swarm Konami with an enormous quantity of petitions so that they release a modding tool kit.

This thread has basically the intention to be a call to action and a place to discuss strategies to reach Konami and put pressure on them for the release of the mentioned tools for the PES 2022,due to the fact of being a new engine more accesible and having actual support with it.

I would appreciate to make this thread either sticky by a mod or to keep it alive enough so that we don't forget this initiative and manage to reach Konami. I would also like to see context creators toake echo of this initiative but not separated, but rather, under a coordinated strategy, so that we can actually have some repercussion.

Thatnks to anyone commenting and keep it rocking, guys!!

They won't release modding tools.
There were several excuses and motives to this being this way, mainly that Fox Engine was made by Hideo Kojima and he might have intelectual and releasing rights over the engine.

Even when ultimately the reason was that they didn't want to release, that might change with new engine title, due to the modders being essential for the game success and modding tools being easier to made in UE5. If you add to this community pressure and content creator pressure... We might win a battle. We won't know if we do not try.

Big part of modding is creating those modding tools by ourselves. Why would you want to forgo that fun?

the game is alive quite much thanks to it's community

the modders being essential for the game success

Maybe some of us like to imagine this, but i don't think it's true in reality. The game exists because it sells well with the online crowd, and those online players pay real money for coins, cards, better players or whatever it is they pay for. This modding community is important to us - members of it, but to think that it has any value for Konami is simply delusional. So.. even if we wanted the tools (which i'm not sure we do), what reason would Konami have to give it to us?

So guys... Been around this forum for 2 years already, first with another account then with this one, and through this 2 long years of traveling around the desert, I've been seeing the modders in and out of the community being really active and doi g a great job modding the game, from kits, dashboards and other visuals to gameplay, going through better illumination, reshades, etc. Modders and community giving feedback, we've made out of a frustrating and infuriating game, a beautiful one to play. Gotta give credit to @avok23 @Holland @incas36 @gabe.paul.logan @bromi and many others that don't come to my mind as of now, for their incredible job making tools and modding the gameplay.

However, I think is fair to say that the job of providing correct tools doesn't belong to the community but to Konami itself, having in count that the game is alive quite much thanks to it's community. So, I think it is time to ask for them. To swarm Konami with an enormous quantity of petitions so that they release a modding tool kit.

This thread has basically the intention to be a call to action and a place to discuss strategies to reach Konami and put pressure on them for the release of the mentioned tools for the PES 2022,due to the fact of being a new engine more accesible and having actual support with it.

I would appreciate to make this thread either sticky by a mod or to keep it alive enough so that we don't forget this initiative and manage to reach Konami. I would also like to see context creators toake echo of this initiative but not separated, but rather, under a coordinated strategy, so that we can actually have some repercussion.

Thatnks to anyone commenting and keep it rocking, guys!!
Mah ................. I honestly don't think Konami has an interest in offline players, their profit comes from the online department as @juce said between coins and stickers, just see the sum allocated to develop the game for mobile devices

Well... Gameplay changes, while being the most complex mod and probably the ones that would benefit more from a modding tool kit, probably are not the only ones that would. Illumination mods, reshades, etc., would. And while you can perfectly do dashboards and scores and balls, boots and kits without modding tools, or stadiums, that would help a lot. But is not only that, you still have ML modding that has been tried recently.

Sure that the offline community is not as profitable as the online one but fact is... They are still there, making noise to have a better game. And Konami still making promises of a revamped ML, a revamped AI system, etc. And still never do. Many of the offline players that buy the game because the offline play, end up playing online and spending money there. And each time more of those offline players refuse to buy the game and go to play FIFA because FIFA online is more crowded, the career menus and transfers actually makes sense, tactics give you more creative freedom (even if they have less impact) and the AI I would dare to say is less annoying.

And that is people that stops buying the game and potential online players sooner or later when they get bored of the offline. If they released a modding tool kit that allowed for further cha ges in gameplay, ML, AI behavior, is something that they would afford developing and, most important, that would allow for having many games in one.

I understand that with Fox Engine that had several limitations, that was more difficult to do, but probably UE5 automatizes many of the steps necessary. And it would be easier than revamping the ML, letting community do that by themselves.

And @juce I get your point of somehow being fun to make those tools, but the fact is that if Konami made them, it could allow for further changes. And the thing is that there's a market there they should be interested in if it is at a minimum prize.

Offline PES players who mod the game are such a small subset of the PC players let alone overall across all platforms, they have no reason to put in the work on stuff like this. They could have the most extensive modding tools ever seen for a sports game, and it wouldn't increase their profits. A few offline players switching to and from FIFA on PC isn't going to decide the success of the game.

Would be nice, but I accept that it's not happening. I'd rather they put their efforts towards making PES 2022 actually a good game first.

They won't need to release much. You can use UModel to open unreal engine pak files and extract the textures and models.

They won't need to release much. You can use UModel to open unreal engine pak files and extract the textures and models.
Extracting is not the problem, the question is whether we will be able to import stuff, because there are UE4 games where this is only barely possible for textures and impossible for everything else.

Extracting is not the problem, the question is whether we will be able to import stuff, because there are UE4 games where this is only barely possible for textures and impossible for everything else.
Pretty sure people have imported models into Milestone Srl games. But racing games also need the AI adjusted accordingly so we never saw any real progress. But stadiums are a whole different deal. The pitch area is always the same. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Pretty sure people have imported models into Milestone Srl games. But racing games also need the AI adjusted accordingly so we never saw any real progress. But stadiums are a whole different deal. The pitch area is always the same. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Yes, but there have been games like Assetto Corsa Competizione where there is a huge modding community from their previous game, but still nobody has managed to import stuff into the new game.

Back
Top Bottom