PES 5 Beta previews

Yeah I just hope PES5 doesn't get faster than WE9 or at least that much and i'll gladly switch over but if it becomes too fast/arcady then we'll stick with WE9 I think :(

The ps2 beta seemed to have a slightly faster pace.

It seems that the ps2 version of pes5 is available on the internet by the way. I'm gonna have a go at it tonight, that's for sure.

I like the speed just as it is in WE9. The trouble is. I want to play online. So i'll have to adjust. Why won't konami put an arcade/simulation option into the game?

Yeah I like WE9's speed just fine but knowing like every year the European version PES is prolly gonna be more faster/arcady :( that's only negative point of PES probably over WE. So I hope this year it's not that faster or better yet it'd be great to have those speed sliders back to adjust to what WE want.

Kezmanomania said:
Damn I would like the beta for my XBOX. :( Does somebody know if that one is also on the internet? :D Or will it be released soon?

This is the wrong board for asking such things, you better read our rules.

Hello! Just one question, because I can not find the answer in 28 pages of posts.
What about refs, do they still blow their whistle on every tackle, or do they let us play like men?

PLF said:
Yeah I like WE9's speed just fine but knowing like every year the European version PES is prolly gonna be more faster/arcady :( that's only negative point of PES probably over WE. So I hope this year it's not that faster or better yet it'd be great to have those speed sliders back to adjust to what WE want.

yeah WE9 speed for both the PS2 and PSP vers are perfect just like my edits for PES4 a while back.

PLF said:

Yeah, gamespped is an issue with me too. Although I get all versions, I always end up going back to the previous patch of WEX after playing PES. I also hope the game speed is not too arcadey. Just takes the fun out of playing. I guess EPL fans would prefer speedier gameplay for end to end stuff, but thats not for me.

I also heard that the defensive AI will be tweaked a bit so that they don;t play too deep. We'll just have to wait and see, how it turns out. After bout 2 months of ML, I am noticing that most teams have now lost their individuality a bit, and almost all play the same way defensively.Maybe its just me, or Im jaded but I feel that in We8LE differences from team to team were more obvious.

Cheers.

Puschkin said:
Hello! Just one question, because I can not find the answer in 28 pages of posts.
What about refs, do they still blow their whistle on every tackle, or do they let us play like men?

The refs in pes5 are less whistle happy than they were in we9

PES5 is noticably faster than WE9. I like it better this way. Its much for fun to play and it really feels like some of your shots have real power. Also it feels players pace really makes a difference. Like its easy to run past shit defenders with Henry.

Much more entertaining than WE9

Noted said:
PES5 is noticably faster than WE9. I like it better this way. Its much for fun to play and it really feels like some of your shots have real power. Also it feels players pace really makes a difference. Like its easy to run past shit defenders with Henry.

Much more entertaining than WE9

i gotta agree there, i had some very entertaining runs with david villa of Valencia CF allready...quite some fun to go past defenders a bit more easy than in we9...i like the pace.

i have played the beta, and i dont effing believe that the crowd is still missing in wide mode....why? why? why?

rant over!!

ps, i like the speed better in this rather than we9,

vcduk2000 said:

I like it better too as it's slighty faster at 60hz but be warned if u play at 50hz it is much faster than WE9. Is it me or are the refs also i little more lenient cos after playing 3 games i only conceded 3 FK ??

spaceman said:
I like it better too as it's slighty faster at 60hz but be warned if u play at 50hz it is much faster than WE9. Is it me or are the refs also i little more lenient cos after playing 3 games i only conceded 3 FK ??

Or perhaps we're learning to pick the ball away, without comiitting foul. :)

Bye

Why are the lineups still wrong thought, I accept it can be changed but why are Konami so lazy and don't move players who have been at their clubs months before the release...

I want Solano and Owen at Newcastle by default...sort it out Konami...

vcduk2000 said:
i have played the beta, and i dont effing believe that the crowd is still missing in wide mode....why? why? why?

rant over!!

Is it only the wide camera that is affected? I play on Normal Long, is the crowd missing on this camera as well?

The funny thing is that YOU decide how fast the game is.
I played a passing game with Argentina and the pace was not higher than a game in WE9. Than I played a game with Arsenal and by the nature of most Arsenal-players the pace was higher than the previous match!
It is true that the CPU defends less deep than in WE 9 and that is a bit pitty. I liked the realistic way the CPU defended in WE 9. Now it defends a tad more forward.

Only played one game but can already tell it's more attack-based than WE9, which I think is a good thing. Two things stand out, as has been said the AI don't defend with everyone inside their own penalty box anymore, and passing is a bit more accurate. It's nice to be able to play a ball in behind the defense again, something not possible all that much in WE9, IMO.

I played as Fiorentina vs Milan, went 2-0 down after 10 minutes. Beautiful chipped pass by Pirlo was finished brilliantly first-time on the volley by Shevchenko before a sweeping cross-field counter ended in Shevchenko teeing up Kaka' who smacked the ball high into the net from 20 yards, with a first-time shot. Typical Milan goals! Fiore scored a free-kick and then Donadel slid Toni in to tuck the ball low past Dida to tie the game before half-time. The winner came when substitute Vrysas crossed from the left and Jorgensen headed the ball back for Toni to batter home a first-time volley low into the net - SCORE! :mrgreen:

Like I said only played one game, but already think it's going to end up better than WE9.

Ok, so i'm Barça vs Real Madrid. It's 89m in the game, I'm winning 2-1 and Real gets a corner. Casillas goes up, the corner is taken, Puyol clears it to just outside the box, where Casillas chests it to avoid Van Bommel and strikes a left foot bomb to the top right corner. 2-2. I was pissed off and happy at the same time... :)

Game is faster, easier to dribble. Can't really say which one (pes5 or we9) i prefer yet...

airjoca said:
Ok, so i'm Barça vs Real Madrid. It's 89m in the game, I'm winning 2-1 and Real gets a corner. Casillas goes up, the corner is taken, Puyol clears it to just outside the box, where Casillas chests it to avoid Van Bommel and strikes a left foot bomb to the top right corner. 2-2. I was pissed off and happy at the same time... :)

Game is faster, easier to dribble. Can't really say which one (pes5 or we9) i prefer yet...
You are probably the first who said the dribbling is easier...
Explain us if you wish :)

Back
Top Bottom