PES 5 Beta previews

Re: PES 5 Beta preview

Sorry, but why are shoes and balls essential? It´s just a look kind of thing and doesn´t have any influence on the gameplay. So who cares? Or do you want all Nike and Adidas boots in the game, but therefore the headers and crosses are shite? Sorry, mate, but I can´t quite understand what should be so essential about it.

In the second post on page 1, I have tried to get all the good questions together so it's going to be easier for Riot :)

At least I tried, so if people thinks I made a bad job I can delete og edit it again.

newblood8 said:
Sorry, but why are shoes and balls essential? It´s just a look kind of thing and doesn´t have any influence on the gameplay. So who cares? Or do you want all Nike and Adidas boots in the game, but therefore the headers and crosses are shite? Sorry, mate, but I can´t quite understand what should be so essential about it.

This is such an idiot post.. ''Or do you want all Nike and Adidas boots in the game, but therefore the headers and crosses are shite?''
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Do I say that? No, use your common sense.. And why is everyone trying to convince me that boots are shite? Why is it allowed to ask questions about font numbers, licensed teams? I dont give a shit about that! But do I say that to those people who ask that? No, cause everyone has his own opinion about whats important and what not.. But it has borders like, indeed, asking about stats but not for boots.. Just check how many boots thread there are.. How many people are ''mad'' about shoes (PikaFlash, Yogui, JimboPL, pk9 etc etc) And now you say its nothing? Please.. Please..

Last edited:

I agree with GFK guys. I'm not one to care about boots but I do know enough people care about that to not be deemed a stupid question and personally it's important to know how many editables are there and stuff.

This is why is I said ONLY Indiv Player STATS should be out of question. OTher things people should be able to ask especially likes of boots and balls which we have some people here who really care about those things.

Its just that the number of boots and balls are the type of things that KONAMI can easily change in the afs which is why its possible that it might be different.
But its not like they would change the gameplay cuz that would take ages.

And another thread turns into an argument, pack it in lads and keep it ON TOPIC. The next random post or posts will see the poster raped by a bear.... or banned for a few days, whichever is easier

Good job game killer....

One thing not asked though was penalties...

Any sign of a power bar for penalties?? Or the little chip down the middle??

Personally I see no harm in asking about boots or balls, just individuals stats are going overboard...

RuneEdge said:
Its just that the number of boots and balls are the type of things that KONAMI can easily change in the afs which is why its possible that it might be different.
But its not like they would change the gameplay cuz that would take ages.

Ask how many boots are ingame is shit cause Konami can easily change it? Which is bullshit cause you dont edit numbers of boot in AFS. Ha, if that would be truth then I wouldnt even aks that question cause I knew I can always change it.. So thats not a reason not to ask about number of boots.. Check my first post where I already said that the number of boots give possible an indication about how many boots there are in final version..
Now lets stop this talk about boots and lets hope for me Riot answers so then you wont hear anything anymore from me :)

Cheers

Questionnaire for young Mr Riot

Here's my provisional list at the moment, I think it's pretty substantial without being too trivial. I'll probably PM Riot and let him know that these are the main questions we have for him, but obviously he can answer more (or less :( ) than these if he likes! Suggestions would be good. I don't want MORE questions, but any replacements or re-wordings of questions would be grand :)

1. What's the general pace of the gameplay like compared to previous PES games? Not just speed of players, but tempo of the game..How does the power bar for :x: affect that?

2. Is the defending AI much improved, and is it harder to work space for a shot / easier to defend against through balls? Conversely, do attackers look for space to run into?

3. Tell us about the "complete control" business. Is it all it's cracked up to be?

4. What's the dribbling like, is it easier/harder than PES4? How does the sidestep work seeing as it's not R2 anymore..

5. The R2 button is used for different tricks according to the player, no? Have you tried them, and if so what do you make of it all? Have you spotted any new tricks?

6. Any more one-handed saves than before? What about cool new incidental animations (NOT tricks, more like realistic or impressive new animation for ball control, passing or shooting etc)?

7. Shooting now..Is the R2 shot any good? How are the L1 and R1 Chips (as in height, effectiveness etc), and are goalkeepers better at dealing with them?

8. Set-pieces, thankyoopleesh..How do throw-ins work? Same as any previous PES games? What about freekicks, any additional stuff? Penalties have been the same for years now, have they changed at all to your knowledge?

9. Have you played it online, or through a network? Any lag issues?

10. Does the beta include the beefed up editor? Is it extensive? Many boot/shirt templates?

And lastly, for the Asian contingent ;)..

11.Are the Asian teams like Kuwait and Chinese Taipei etc playable? Any other new teams we didn't know about already?

Last edited:

I think this thread should be locked and opened again later cuz people are gonna fill this thread very quickly and its just gonna make things much harder for Riot.

i know we should give Riot time, but he said he was going to have his full report in "a couple of hours" and that was 8 HOURS ago. im sorry, but im impatient.

RuneEdge said:
I think this thread should be locked and opened again later cuz people are gonna fill this thread very quickly and its just gonna make things much harder for Riot.

That would be a good idea but closing it would only create more threads with more questions, its best to have them all in one place

btw sorry, this isn't meant to be too bossy or oppressive! :D Just that there are inevitably a lot of questions flying around, and it's a lot easier to get them answered if they're all in one list rather than scattered about the place..

RuneEdge said:
Not really as long as we do as CWright said, it's a good idea to have it open and you can see we've made progress and Romagnoli has made a nice list now not to mention we've had new people come into this thread like 7cronaldo with very nice posts.

So yes my questino would be same as him? Are penalties any different? because they certainly need to have added an element to it as FK got an overhaul and many other aspects but the penalties are as dull as a game that was created 10 years ago. They need to add some flair to it somehow by at least making it some way different (add chippin?) So i'm looking forward to havin this one answered.

Last edited:

GFK said:
Ask how many boots are ingame is shit cause Konami can easily change it? Which is bullshit cause you dont edit numbers of boot in AFS. Ha, if that would be truth then I wouldnt even aks that question cause I knew I can always change it.. So thats not a reason not to ask about number of boots.. Check my first post where I already said that the number of boots give possible an indication about how many boots there are in final version..
Now lets stop this talk about boots and lets hope for me Riot answers so then you wont hear anything anymore from me :)

Cheers
Dont start an arguement here. I've already had one recently with Sulph and dont want another one.
What I'm trying to say is that in PES/WE games, the bins have 3 boots per bmp. In PES4, the first 2 on the first bmp were editable while the 3rd one was un-editable. But what KONAMI could do is have all 3 of the boots on the first bmp as editables and the rest as un-editables which means that the total about of boots or the afs isnt changed.
Dont you get it?

I will post more details tomorrow, trying to finish up the preview right now, but I need to check some things in it after a good nights sleep. Well I'm trying stay up to watch Real Madrid's pre-season match :)

I do NOT have a beta version, I played the "first" version of PES5, which basically was the first english version of Winning Eleven 9.

So I take from the silence that my list is fine, and can be packed up, have a ribbon tied around it and sent via a pidgeon with SatNav to Riot?

(shall I send it to him?)

EDIT: hello!! Ok, well you've probably seen my list, give that a good go if you could please, it's the gist of what people have asked so far..

So, the "first" version, is that before or after the beta? From the sounds of it before..

Riot said:
I will post more details tomorrow, trying to finish up the preview right now, but I need to check some things in it after a good nights sleep. Well I'm trying stay up to watch Real Madrid's pre-season match :)

I do NOT have a beta version, I played the "first" version of PES5, which basically was the first english version of Winning Eleven 9.
Thats cool Riot, rest up and enjoy the Real's games. Ignore any none important questions. :D

cheers for letting us know mate,

Saves me having to check back on this forum every 5 mins ;)

and about the new positions?? it affects the movements of players?? and there is more movement to the player trying to find the open space??
tahnks and sorry for the bad english!!

Hi I new here HA i wonder if new countys in the new ga,me??? bahrain and kuwait example ?

sorry my english :r2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Take your time riot mate,i'll be patient :) and enjoy the real game :D

NikE

HI, FREINDS

DIZOU I AM HERE!!!!! WHAT IS PES5????????????? I PLAY CURRENT WINNING ELEVEN AND LIKE, LOTS HA!!!!!

WE TOURNAMENTS SUNDAY IT GOOD !!!!!!

I ON LOOK WINNING ELEVEN 9 EXCITED

BYE

PES5 is Pro Evolution Soccer 5, the european release of WE9, pretty much. So any info you find on pes5 here should apply to Winning Eleven 9. WE is released earlier however so some changes could be made only for PES.

THANK FRIEND!

I THINK UNDERSTAND I SEEM PES SLOWER THAN WE.

LIVE LONG WE!!!!

BYE

Just have one thing to tell :
Thanks you Riot to share your impression with us.
Good night everyone, see u tomorow for new-news !! ;-)

RIOT I HAVE A QUESTION!! that powerbar you mentioned when passing.....is that similar to the one when shooting????? And when actually passing will the ball stop just in front of the player if someone don't press the button long enough????

If it is like that i'm afraid the gameplay will get a bit slower because you wont have time enough to think when you attack!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom