PES 5 Discussion

That's a very good and creative idea about Bloemfontein (how do they come on the Nokami name??? Cuito....sounds South American) Classic...i will try that.

ClassicD said:
last night I swear to god my players were doing the old 'lead in their boots' routine (they have the animation to run fast but they are literally at walking pace until the AI player is nearer to the ball, then the game 'releases' your player).

Yeah, that drives me nuts!

Milanista said:
You can just turn off intros before matches so you dont need to press X/O to skip it.

I mean were you start the whole game. You have to select language and screen type.

I think they should add real time replys. For some reasson on real time it looks really better than slow motion, I don't thin slow motion really justifys the goal.

Anothere thing i want to see is 1st and 2nd divsion teams for each country like england, france, italy and etc. Would make for a really good & long ML.

They should add the ability to make a fake dive to get a freekick. I think that will be pretty nice, especially when you're playing against friends (imagine it will drive them crazy :) ). But it shouldn;t be too easy to perform; bad execution should lead to getting a yellow card.

i realy think diving should be in the game. its so hard to re-anact the bayurn game :
( and also more options during corners. u should have the ability to do flick ons (eg. Chelsea) more stadiums, animations, 3RD KITS and the usual improvements we wanna see.

Real leagues, electronic adboards and flick-ons from corners sound nice....but we'll be waiting until PES7 or 8 before that happens imo.:(

Hmm, electronic adboards wouldn't add anything to the gameplay for me, personally. However, i would like to see ONE league cup, which involves all Div 1 & Div 2 teams. At least this way, if you are in Div 2, you could attempt to bag a European place by either winning it, or being runner up. Plus, as a lesser Div 2 side, you could be drawn against some Div 1 giants (very FA Cup :D ) How simple would that be to do Nokami, hmm? Exactly.

It's always the little things that Konami miss, you only need to create one league and have the others simulated.

Then you could have a full league (18 - 20 teams) and still have all the European and domestic cups. Surely that'd be easier than creating 4 leagues??

Also I'd like to see the ability to get job offers from other clubs or even country's.

How cool would it be getting offered the Japan job and taking them onto a world cup?

Or even getting sacked and having to manage Caen!!

Not too difficult I wouldn't have thought.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Hmm, electronic adboards wouldn't add anything to the gameplay for me, personally. However, i would like to see ONE league cup, which involves all Div 1 & Div 2 teams. At least this way, if you are in Div 2, you could attempt to bag a European place by either winning it, or being runner up. Plus, as a lesser Div 2 side, you could be drawn against some Div 1 giants (very FA Cup :D ) How simple would that be to do Nokami, hmm? Exactly.

That is a big NO NO [-X ...............Your asking for what you don't want!

Professor Nutmeg said:

You have to remember that a lot of people find the game easy and just imagin they just started ML with the default team and some how they easliy win the fa cup and there in the europe in the first season........basicaly just think about what annoys PLF :D

Stringer Bell said:
You have to remember that a lot of people find the game easy and just imagin they just started ML with the default team and some how they easliy win the fa cup and there in the europe in the first season........basicaly just think about what annoys PLF :D

I find the game easy, yet i believe this would be a good idea. It wouldn't neccesarily be easy though. There would be more games, and more of a chance of going out. Your first season in Div 2 normally means you have your worst team too, players haven't developed yet, you haven't signed a decent striker etc. I also think it would help reshape the ML experience into a slightly more realistic one. I mean just look at Aachen and Millwall. Both teams got into Europe (UEFA Cup) via their league cups. It also looks as if a lower league French side might qualify for the UEFA Cup next season too (via this season's cup). Those are my reasons ;)

Professor Nutmeg said:
I find the game easy, yet i believe this would be a good idea. It wouldn't neccesarily be easy though. There would be more games, and more of a chance of going out. Your first season in Div 2 normally means you have your worst team too, players haven't developed yet, you haven't signed a decent striker etc. I also think it would help reshape the ML experience into a slightly more realistic one. I mean just look at Aachen and Millwall. Both teams got into Europe (UEFA Cup) via their league cups. It also looks as if a lower league French side might qualify for the UEFA Cup next season too (via this season's cup). Those are my reasons ;)

Ok i hear ya and you ave made a good point.

But if they do this i hope they make the top team in Div. 1 extremly hard to beat!

JimJoeC said:
No disrespect meant but what's the point?

It wouldn't add anything to the gameplay, and do you really notice the environment you're playing in game after game???

Well I would have mentioned other stuff but alot has been covered already. What I mentioned is just a small thing, and yes I notice the envoironment whiles playing the game, the sun gives it away a bit ;)

Some of the animations in PES4 are pretty ugly, eg. the forward facing long shots on goal are horrendous, whats with their legs curling up like they wanna levitate or smth? Replace that with the roberto carlos/lampard style kicks (they kinda did it in LE, but still pretty ordinary) where the kick follows through more to the side than in front.
Scrap/fix the terrible outside-foot pass, which adds realism but was not executed well.
Add beckham style curl shots in play, not just in free kicks.
Add all the tricks - nutmeg/stepover/fient/elastico/backheel/fake variations to the game.
Remove the defender glue feature, where the defender sticks to the attacker and causes unrealistic problems.
PK animations are ridiculous in pes4 as mentioned previously... revamp.
Allow power gauge shooting beyond the half way line
Add training jerseys for specific teams
Mini games in training (not challenges) eg juggling contests
More complex set pieces
Allow shots on goal from corner
downloadable updates of transfers and team changes
Snow!

This is a minor gripe, but when i heard kits would be licensed along with the leagues, i thought the shirt numbers would be the real ones too. The fact is, not only are they not, but in some cases like Lazio, they haven't even got the correct colours. So what i'm saying is, they should allow us to edit these features in future, if they can't get it right themselves. In fact, as a rule of thumb, they should allow everything to be more editable. But as i said, a minor gripe, and i won't expect it to be any different on PES5.

Professor Nutmeg said:
This is a minor gripe, but when i heard kits would be licensed along with the leagues, i thought the shirt numbers would be the real ones too. The fact is, not only are they not, but in some cases like Lazio, they haven't even got the correct colours. So what i'm saying is, they should allow us to edit these features in future, if they can't get it right themselves. In fact, as a rule of thumb, they should allow everything to be more editable. But as i said, a minor gripe, and i won't expect it to be any different on PES5.

Yeah i've also noticed that, even if the kit is liecenced they still don't have the proper number type and sometimes the color. They should also let you change the colors.

+ When you replay you can't get a good view from behind the goal, because you cant get too far back, so I would like to see from behind the goal views better.

+ The rustling sound of the net to be added when you score or even hit the side netting as if there is a microfone in/next to the goal. I think they have it in F*fa.

3rd Kits, new free kicks, new view, national cups,bigger ML Alianza Arena,etc. are all really cool ideas 8)

To add to that I would like to see multi-player national leagues, players sent off for pro fouls in clear goalscoring situations (meaning the CPU as well Nokami) motifs increased to 64x64 and the introduction of badges on the international strips. The flags get in the way of some of the kit designs which is a bit naff.

Last edited:
Pires7 said:
+ When you replay you can't get a good view from behind the goal, because you cant get too far back, so I would like to see from behind the goal views better.

There should be some kind of free view where you can control exactly where the camera is and at what angle etc.

full analogue (movements in all directions, not only 8) and dual shock support

the one of few things I like in fifa/euro is vibrations support which make games really cool, I wish to see (to feel) it in PES5

plus few minor:

- old school juggling from iss98 on iss N64 :P
- 15 types of boots available in Edit Mode
- 3rd kits would be nice
- better and various crowd chants

I read to often that the Allianz Arena from Bayern "The scum of the earth" Munich should be in. Does nobody know the Arena Auf Schalke? It´s the most modern stadium in Europe since 2001. We hosted the Champions League final there last year.

Further, slightly better keepers.

A bit more control on freekicks - they were too easy 2 or 3 years ago, but now they are too hard.

Penalties are just pure luck. Sometimes you hit the crossbar or your shot goes wide and you never know why.

If you have slow defenders that would never catch a quick striker, it should be harder to get past those defenders. Otherwise that would be the next big critism Konami would get.

Full license. I think they earned enough money by now and the fans are there. We would die for a fully lincensed Pro Evo.

For menues and off the pitch stuff they should just "steal" it from EA. I´ve never ever touched a FIFA game since 2001 or so, but from what you hear and see, EA knows how to get some atmosphere into it´s games. Although this is one of the less important things for me. I want the gameplay to be as good as it can be.

Changing players needs to be better.

Tricks shouldn´t be too effective and / or work to often. You´ll be a happier man if it doesn´t happen too often. Keep it real.

Crowd chants for every bigger European team. Hey Konami, I´ll go and record something for you from the Schalke games. I only want a free copy of the next game.

newblood8 said:
I read to often that the Allianz Arena from Bayern "The scum of the earth" Munich should be in. Does nobody know the Arena Auf Schalke? It´s the most modern stadium in Europe since 2001. We hosted the Champions League final there last year.

Hmm, Are you a Schalke fan perhaps? No Offence meant, but although the Arena Auf Schalke is brilliant it's not to different to the Millennium Stadium (Cardiff) and Amsterdam Arena. You can use the AA as both those stadiums, The Allianz looks quite different. As does the new Wem-ber-leee!!

liked the other ideas though. :)

Professor Nutmeg said:
You see, i'm not bothered about online play. For me, it's not what the game is about. It doesn't do anything for me. I would rather the game itself be improved, with animations, techniques, atmos and all that. Totally agree with the PK animation. It's been rubbish for ages. Although they did manage a better default FK animation in PES4.

I agree completely. I feel other improvements should take precedence over online features.

Although Im probably biased since I have a number of friends to play with if I desire human competition I have no need for online play.

Back
Top Bottom