PES 5 Discussion

Ike

permaninizated
18 March 2003
The whole new discussion thread for the upcoming game, if you find reviews or previews of the game you can post them here and we'll move them to the News thread. You can basically post all your questions and thoughts about the upcoming game here.

Please try to stay on topic and remember many people check this thread for news frequently, and it's a bit annoying to find only pages of 'can't wait til it's out!' and 'only 5 days to go' statements. ;)

Farewell Vorlander, Cellini, Castello, Kelsen and Co :( I salute you :salute: It's been fun {|=

Now bring on the new guys. :D

Looking good. The review mentions it will take a while to get to grips with the dribbling. I'm up for anything which will make it more difficult. No doubt many threads will start with "how crap PES5 is," once its released. The usual "Hoohah." The more "Sim" it gets, the better i say. I'm just not looking forward to the usual editing :(

Last edited:
Yes PES5 sounds very exciting.

Things I am interesting in seeing how they will develop in the game at the moment.

1) Can WE eleven and Pes United teams be edited? ,I read that they cant be on WE9.Not sure of the point in having them if they cant be edited.

2) Will the Italian league teams be fully correct?,Genao and Torino got demoted ,hopefully there was time to add the teams that replaced them Ascoli and Treviso.

3)Playing as new countries Ivory Coast and Venezuela,Ivory Coast have a team full of flair players although look like they might not qualify for World Cup after defeat by Cameroon.Venezuela are quite average though.Hopefully alot more new countries next time.

4)Nice to see more licenced teams ,hopefully full German league?Hope the new licenced scandinavuan teams dont replace any teams that were in WE9 and maybe CSKA Moscow ,Corinthans,Wolves,Southampton,Leeds,Crystal Pal ,Norwich maybe Sheffield Utd can be added to?

Should be a great game anyway.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Farewell Vorlander, Cellini, Castello, Kelsen and Co :( I salute you :salute: It's been fun {|=

Now bring on the new guys. :D

Looking good. The review mentions it will take a while to get to grips with the dribbling. I'm up for anything which will make it more difficult. No doubt many threads will start with "how crap PES5 is," once its released. The usual "Hoohah." The more "Sim" it gets, the better i say. I'm just not looking forward to the usual editing :(

Yeah lol....you read that OP2M review of PES5 init.

Dodo sounds like a good player :lol:

Also i agree about the game becoming more tuffer...it is better that way because i makes ML all the more enjoyable and gives it a bit of longevity especaily when you are only buying average players.

And yeah...we will espect the usual "PES5 is crap" thread :roll:

Last edited:
From what I have read PES5 should have changed all the things that are needed IMO.
Tougher dribbling, more stray passing (more realistic IMO), players are not turning like robots like in previous versions ("plastic" movement).
SOunds like Konami is in the right track.
Let's wait and see :)

For some reason i would love it if the names and the nationality (but nothing more) of the new default team would be editable.
I will certainly try them...but i will miss Espinas...

They used to be editable, the names that is, back in the days of ISS PE.
If you have a PC and download the PESeditor, you can change the names, nationalities, positions, foot, star attributes etc. For example, i changed the Australian Burchet into an Italian called Barchetta :D Irishman Harty, became Artti, another Italian. I also made Matt Brazilain :lol: I'll miss him. He's always been the most versatile player for me - a total footballer. I generally play him as a central midfielder but he can play on the flank, as a SB, and even upfront. He also develops well.

Professor Nutmeg said:
If you have a PC and download the PESeditor, you can change the names, nationalities, positions, foot, star attributes etc. For example, i changed the Australian Burchet into an Italian called Barchetta :D Irishman Harty, became Artti, another Italian. I also made Matt Brazilain :lol: I'll miss him. He's always been the most versatile player for me - a total footballer. I generally play him as a central midfielder but he can play on the flank, as a SB, and even upfront. He also develops well.

Nah...Macco (Matt) is still in it.

sorry if this is already mentioned elsewhere, but Play.com now have PES5 down for release on 21st October where as I'm sure it said the 28th a week or so ago? Does this mean it'll be realeased sooner now? (probably because of FIFA's early launch)

I think Play is just announcing early release dates so people will order there.

ooh yeh play DOES now say 21st october, it was 28th for ages! i think it's virgin megastores who also have it as the 21st, maybe they're finding out things we don't yet know?

dave_walker22 said:
ooh yeh play DOES now say 21st october, it was 28th for ages! i think it's virgin megastores who also have it as the 21st, maybe they're finding out things we don't yet know?

Virgin hold the pes league so maybe they know better than others, does anyone know anything about a demo?

They are usually out a week or two before the game.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Matt aka Macco is by far my fav Default player as well.

He also seemed to score some unexpectedly beautiful goals for me from time to time with his crap shooting accuracy/power.

I remember I had a corner float in box once and headed clearer only for Matt who's waiting behind box to meet it with a ferocious right-footed volley that Iker Casilas could do nothing about.

Matt we wont forget you! lol :D

Play.com and Virgin now have the release date as the 21st, and apparently PESFAN has received confirmation of this date from Konami. And people who receive the Konami Europe newsletter have also said that this is now the official release date from them, as stated in the latest newsletter.

Fifa's latest (2006???) has had a very good preview in the French PSM2 magazine. That magazine previewed PES5 in the same issue and they say that the diffeence between both games is not very big...There is a DVD with some footage of the shooting of the cover photograph (for France???) which is with Henry and Drogba.
Henry really seems to be a huge fan of PES (altough he prefers WE). You can hear him moaning about multi-players where he does not receive apsses of his mates...nice guy...really liked him (refuse to post this in the Arsenal thread...keep quite about this).

I like PES5, but there are still irritating little things, such as that the game is been interrupted each time, by an insipid summary offence. And dribbling has become more difficult in the 16 meters area.

But I like this game a lot, I played the demo and WE9...

(as you can see, my english is not so good, i used http://babelfish.altavista.com

well glad the date has been brought forward but not as much as last year anyway well looking foward to pes5 can't wait now

a. IS the demo out and where???

b. If i order from Play.com will i recieve my game on the actual release date or will it be despatched on the release date??

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom