PES 5 online w modchip installed?

nicop

Non-League
16 February 2005
hi,
when i play pes5 from the original cd, will i be able to play online or will the modchip be detected by the server. again i want to play of the ORIGINAL CD!!!

i heard that that could cause trouble. some modchips can be disabled in order to prevent this, right? what else would that feature be good for? i have a messiah first gen. inside. any idea´s?

you should be ok with a messiah, i've got the same chip and all the games i've played have worked ok including the pes5 online beta test

It is a good question. On the Xbox LIVE service you will be banned when using a modded Xbox, even if you play a legal game....
In fact I was wondering that as well.

How about with Swap magic? Any word on if you would be able to use it with an original game and play online with an American PS2? i've looked around and found nothing on this... if anyone knows , plesae post....

I have a Magic 3 chipped PS 2; can you safely play online with that one (using a legal copy of PES 5)?
It cannot be turned off..

I have the question: On line mode pes5 works outside of the Europe?
ex: Brazil? Argentina? South America?

please they answer my question.

It might, but you'd need to possibly change your machine id (region id on the machine).

A lot of hassle but its possible.

futix76 said:
How about with Swap magic? Any word on if you would be able to use it with an original game and play online with an American PS2? i've looked around and found nothing on this... if anyone knows , plesae post....

You need a machine id changer

i cant give you a link, you'd get banned but u can google it i suppose. the network adapter is'nt the problem provided you have the original pal disk. You need to change the id of ps2 console, so you'd need to be careful if you play any NTSC games on your ps2, as it would stop you from play them unless u changed it back again.

In this day and age(with online gaming going strong) its still bloody irritating to find out that we are hampered by region codes and all that crap.

I understand that they should ban 'illegal' copies, but modchips??. How many PS2's do they expect ppl to own.

I feel if you can get the original copy of the game, no matter where ur from, you should be allowed to go online and play it.

Sony/Microsoft really got to sort this out for the next gen consoles.

Where I'm from all 3 console types are sold. NTSC/J, NTSC/UC. PAL. So there's no standard here. Unless you buy from Sony, all are sold pre-modded.

So we have no choice in the matter. Even owning the original game, u can't get online.

jiwa said:
In this day and age(with online gaming going strong) its still bloody irritating to find out that we are hampered by region codes and all that crap.

I understand that they should ban 'illegal' copies, but modchips??. How many PS2's do they expect ppl to own.

I feel if you can get the original copy of the game, no matter where ur from, you should be allowed to go online and play it.

Sony/Microsoft really got to sort this out for the next gen consoles.

Where I'm from all 3 console types are sold. NTSC/J, NTSC/UC. PAL. So there's no standard here. Unless you buy from Sony, all are sold pre-modded.

So we have no choice in the matter. Even owning the original game, u can't get online.

Well, it looks like Konami has made some protection and not the Sony Network. I can perfectly set my connection in the Central Station network, but Konami asks for their own registration as well and than things fail. Please read the description of my problem and hopefully somebody can help me out:

I installed my Network Adapter, followed the supplied cd and was able to register and went succesfully at Central station. I was connected, BUT when I runned PES 5, it also needed registration, so I used the same name and pass as in the central station, but it came back with the message "unable to register".
Even if I used completely different names it still came back with the message "unable to register".
How can I be registered and connected at Central Staiton and not able to register in PES at the same time? I did use usernames with more than 8 names etc. When running the test it did connect succesfully in PES 5
confused.gif

Technical details: I have a speedtouch multiport modem, where I connected the correct networkcable. Modded Playstation 2 (Magic 3-chip) SCPH 300004.

Han said:
Well, it looks like Konami has made some protection and not the Sony Network. I can perfectly set my connection in the Central Station network, but Konami asks for their own registration as well and than things fail. Please read the description of my problem and hopefully somebody can help me out:

I installed my Network Adapter, followed the supplied cd and was able to register and went succesfully at Central station. I was connected, BUT when I runned PES 5, it also needed registration, so I used the same name and pass as in the central station, but it came back with the message "unable to register".
Even if I used completely different names it still came back with the message "unable to register".
How can I be registered and connected at Central Staiton and not able to register in PES at the same time? I did use usernames with more than 8 names etc. When running the test it did connect succesfully in PES 5
confused.gif

Technical details: I have a speedtouch multiport modem, where I connected the correct networkcable. Modded Playstation 2 (Magic 3-chip) SCPH 300004.

Me too =(
My PS2 (Messiah 2) SCPH 30001.

Last edited by a moderator:
RAISH said:
i cant give you a link, you'd get banned but u can google it i suppose. the network adapter is'nt the problem provided you have the original pal disk. You need to change the id of ps2 console, so you'd need to be careful if you play any NTSC games on your ps2, as it would stop you from play them unless u changed it back again.

there's no need to change it back, i changed mine to play the us version of resi evil outbreak cos there's no online play in the pal version and it now works ok for both pal and us games

the only problem with the id changer is it isn't compatible with the slim ps2's

soo can anyone confirm if it works/doesnt work with mod??????

i dont want to waste spending on a network adapter

If you just have a chip installed in your Xbox with no other dashboards such Evo X or avalaunch then yes it would work providing you switch the chip off.

If you have an Xbox like mine which is modded beyond all reckonigition then no. I have a cheap xecuter 2 chip installed, Evo X dashboard and a 120GB hard disk in it. All done by myself.

I did play around with a stealth install of dashboards etc so I could use live if I wanted but I never used it so cancelled my subscrition and just use xLink Kai if I feel the urge to play something on line.

Xboxes have a marridge system as well, Xbox live will boot you if it detects you have an original dashboard but a different HDD.

I have a SCPH 30001 with Magic V modchip,

I have 2 days playing PES5 onliney without problems, my console is NTSC-US... i made a ISO from my PES5 original and took the DNAS, patched a backup and done.

jiwa said:

Exacly. In fact this is an ilegal procedure in some countries, by Sony. For example in Portugal it's not illegal to modify the PS2 (why should it, it's my PS2, if I wan't I can transform it into a toaster, I payed for it) so ppl with modchips should not be limited in playing online.

Sony should find their way of identifying if a person is playing an original or a pirated copy. They can't? Pitty, it's not our problem, this current scenario is illegal.

Anyone know if its playable with SwapMagic?

I have the full UK release, but I also have a DVD copy of the game PATCHED with fishcakes mix patch - I'd rather play that online than the original :)

russellclow said:
Anyone know if its playable with SwapMagic?

I have the full UK release, but I also have a DVD copy of the game PATCHED with fishcakes mix patch - I'd rather play that online than the original :)

yes swap magic works provided you patch the dnas file.

I also have a question:

I have Messiah (don't remember if 1 or 2, the only feedback I can give is that I remember that I had to press reset twice quickly to play DVDs). What procedure should I follow to be able to play an original PES5 online without activating my chip?

cheers

i have a modded ps2 but dont know what chip it has(all the shop dont know the brand they just know that it runs duplicated games) so how can i know which chip is in it

My ps2 is the new slim edition with online adapter internal

thx in advance

you probably can but you should open the ps2 and check the model (if you don't find any name you'll find at least a reference).

Anyone one can confirm if messiah 1 and 2 (2 for sure) are online compatible?

Back
Top Bottom