PES 5...... What now Konami !

A

Arsenal

Ok I've been playing this game for some time now and let me say that this is by far the worst increment to the series ever IMHO.
I can't believe this; the Referee AI is so bad a game would end as my team making 20+ fouls and the other team making 1 or 2 only!!!
Not only that but also Defenders seems always to catch dribbling Strikers what ever their speed is. Not to add that players seem to slide on ice rather running on grass when changing direction.
The list is even longer than that, but I got board and I feel sick each time I remember that.
I wonder if the people at Konami even play football :rolleyes:

Arsenal said:
Ok I've been playing this game for some time now and let me say that this is by far the worst increment to the series ever IMHO.
I can't believe this; the Referee AI is so bad a game would end as my team making 20+ fouls and the other team making 1 or 2 only!!!
Not only that but also Defenders seems always to catch dribbling Strikers what ever their speed is. Not to add that players seem to slide on ice rather running on grass when changing direction.
The list is even longer than that, but I got board and I feel sick each time I remember that.
I wonder if the people at Konami even play football :rolleyes:

Referee AI: Well, we can't help you if you make 20+ fouls a game. Don't tackle from behind. Play nicer. I have them evened up in 5-10 every game.

I haven't noticed defenders catching my dribbling strikers. Use the :r1: rapidly. That makes the player kick the ball longer while dribbling - more speed.

Sliding on ice? Not really.

frustrating....yes
inconsistent players....yes
referees with dodgy AI?...absolutley no
realistic....defo yes.

it's the series that encaplulates football as it really is - is every game you ever watch the best game ever? No.

As mentioned above - don't jump in as much and you'll find that like me, in a 15 minute match you're conceding no more than 5 fouls a game.

CPU making your players play like retards yes!

CPU then scoring a pathetic goal to win when your players have missed about 5 sitters! yes!

DJ

yeah the computer cheats. It's maddening. But the AI of the computercontrolled team is way better than it was with PES4.

Still I decided never to play offline. If you want a truly realistic football experience: play online mate. It's brilliant.

hey ive seen hundreds of real games when a team has been missing all sorts of sitters and then the other team will go up and get a last minute goal look back and when bayern played man utd in the champions league final bayern where all over utd then last min utd got two goals and wun the game if that was to happen in pro everyone would say its a joke or its scripted or some excuse

I really didn't like it, but after playing well close to 100 games online, I am now really getting into it.

No matter what player you are using, you need to control the ball and this takes time to perfect as does shooting.

I find that shooting is very like real life, how hard you have to hit the ball and what accuracy you get with your shot depends on the speed and direction the ball is travelling before hand

Online? the thing is man ive had bullshit moments online and do you know what pisses me off the most? I pick Man Red, and the opponent cops out of a challenge and chooses brazil! knowing full well he will kick my arse! how about choosing a Club team?

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Online? the thing is man ive had bullshit moments online and do you know what pisses me off the most? I pick Man Red, and the opponent cops out of a challenge and chooses brazil! knowing full well he will kick my arse! how about choosing a Club team?

DJ

You cant be that good if you think Brazil can beat Man Utd easily. I often play aginst my brother using Spain Vs Brazil!

If you don't like the game there's something wrong with you not with the AI/referees or cheating CPU (people who complain about this are talking bull****).

I sometimes use brazil online, I really don't think it makes that much difference if someone is using a top club side.

I have had excellent games against inter, man u, milan, barca and real wehn playing as brazil, just the same as when I play with Inter against these teams.

I use inter and brazil, not because I think they will be better than whatever opposition is picked, but because there players suit my style, they have pace down each flank.

If your a decent player, its not who you pick, its how you play and what players are on form. If I pick Newcastle and emre and owen are on form I can give most teams a good game.

Konami admits the CPU cheets to compensate for poor ai :)

and yes the players often run on rails. Use super cancel, its hard at first, but you get used to it.

JayM said:
If you don't like the game there's something wrong with you not with the AI/referees or cheating CPU (people who complain about this are talking bull****).

Actually there is something wrong with you, not the people, it's so obvious this game is fucked up and its not entertaining anymore, and i think alot of people here agree with me about that

for a long time ive been trying 2 convince myself that this is a step forward in the pro evo series, but i have had enuff of this bulls**t. just playing an amateur online, where he scored from a dodgy defensice pass (yes the passing in this game is c**p) after about 7 missed chances, not something that happened in we8/pes4 i scored, two minutes later in the last of the game he took a free kick with pirlo, shot it right at my keeper van der sar and he parryd it into the net, and if that wasnt bad enuff, i had trounced this guy all match, and out of his 3 mere chances he had won. I find this all the time, you can hammer an oponent and dominate the game but its as if the computer chooses who wins, ive had enough of pes5!

burnside said:
for a long time ive been trying 2 convince myself that this is a step forward in the pro evo series, but i have had enuff of this bulls**t. just playing an amateur online, where he scored from a dodgy defensice pass (yes the passing in this game is c**p) after about 7 missed chances, not something that happened in we8/pes4 i scored, two minutes later in the last of the game he took a free kick with pirlo, shot it right at my keeper van der sar and he parryd it into the net, and if that wasnt bad enuff, i had trounced this guy all match, and out of his 3 mere chances he had won. I find this all the time, you can hammer an oponent and dominate the game but its as if the computer chooses who wins, ive had enough of pes5!

Yes this happens alot, there are some times when i play online, i say to myself "there is nothing i can do, the CPU wants me to lose", no matter how good i play, how many shots i do, missing very easy chances, nothing works!

Yep the ref is so inconsistenly bad that its just not fun anymore. Sure he lets play go on but usually not for you just the CPU. Theres been loads of times where I wanted to play on but no he wanted the crappy freekick allowing the other teams players to get behind the ball grrrrr anoying. Also if you make a perfect tackle getting the ball, if the CPU player accidently falls over the sliding leg, he blows for a foul. ITS NOT A FOUL I ALREADY GOT THE BALL!!!!!

Sorry quality game ruined by the git in black.

Predator002

burnside said:

Did you play me by any chance?
Lol,just kidding mate.
love this online!!!

burnside said:
........so it's just like real football then.

Када те прописно изиритира компујтер, ти запали један џоинкс и нема да нема...:lmao:

i'm sick of people pissing moaning about PES 5, it's more realistic and thats the point, if you give away 20+ freekicks away every match then you have to stop tackling from the side and behind so much, you live and learn and thats the point, your not supposed to start the game and win every matc, your supposed to work for every goal and earn everything you get. everybody who say "it's to hard" need to grow a pair and practice to get better, thats what everyone else does. ***rant over***

i juz won the league title with man u, 2 pts ahead of chelsea. and guess what, i was drawing 0-0 till the practically the last kick of the game, a superb pass by wallace into iniesta in space, and a sublime right foot finish into the bottom right hand corner. pure ecstasy and THIS is offline.

seriously, RE-LEARN the game. i've got very few probs with the refree!! i've got decisions not gone my way but so i have gotten the undeserved penalty!!!

oh and if u are really unhappy, you can always go back to pes4/we8 or Fifa. u make the choice

patty_b , stop being stupid, no one wants to win every game, everyone needs to feel alil bit of fun when playing the game, and fun doesn't mean like winning every single game, you cant lose because of some stupid reasons like when the cpu assists the other team to win and you miss easy chances, this all happens because the scripting is very bad in this game and so obvious...

If you want this game to play like older versions and still contain all the new stuff, I advise you to download the superpatch and the LOD Mixer and get a program that allows you to speed it up slightly

I use speed gear and with it set to 10200, this game is amazing.

Everyone that has played it on my pc has went away and set theres up like this.

Chimps-with-quiffs said:
If you want this game to play like older versions and still contain all the new stuff, I advise you to download the superpatch and the LOD Mixer and get a program that allows you to speed it up slightly

I use speed gear and with it set to 10200, this game is amazing.

Everyone that has played it on my pc has went away and set theres up like this.
Do you just run speed gear in the back ground?
You dont have to set it to pes5 exe?
cheers

pn929 said:
Do you just run speed gear in the back ground?
You dont have to set it to pes5 exe?
cheers

Just run it in the background, it speeds your entire pc up, but I only use it for PES games.

Its honestly like playing a different game with it running and the patch on, its very smooth and plays actually more reasistic as fast players are fast and they stay ahead of slow players. This means you can hit teams much more effectively on the break and down the wing, gameplay which in the original state of the game was way too difficult compared to real football

pn929 said:
Tried it out and its very good. Thank you very much.
Tried to up it to 10300 :) disaster but funny.
cheers

You can set it so you can change the speed by hot key, so it changes the pace of the game straight away whilst playing.

I have experimented greatly with the speed settings on it, 10200 is what I play on, if you want it faster I recommend incrementing it up in 1's at a time from 10201 to 10205, this seems about the limit of realistically getting the speed right and any faster can create crashes

meh I used it to SLOW down the gamplay, and by just doing the notch below default slowed it down to OAP's on a non league ground. Why on earth would you want it even quicker?

Back
Top Bottom