PES 6/FIFA 07...what is going on???

nickgarratt

A gooner till i die!
20 August 2005
Arsenal
I'm getting seriously worried about BOTH these games now!!! let me start with...

PES 6

- only 1 on 1 online?
Ok, i can deal with this but still very bad for a 'next gen' console.

- no edit mode, can't even change players teams
If the players aren't up to date and i can't change players teams in edit mode i will not be buying PES 6 cause that is pathetic!

FIFA 07

- no skill moves
You can't have a football game without skills, it would be pointless. if the game doesn't come with skills i refuse to buy it!

there is probably more you could add to the list but that is the major problems. MICROSOFT went on about how xbox 360 had both these games exclusive until next year, now why do you think they are exclusive???

Cause they are rushed!!!
Clearly not ready!!!
and cause Konami will always put Playstation first!

Looks like i've gotta dust down my PS2 and buy PES 6 on that!

nickgarratt said:
I'm getting seriously worried about BOTH these games now!!! let me start with...

PES 6

- only 1 on 1 online?
Ok, i can deal with this but still very bad for a 'next gen' console.

- no edit mode, can't even change players teams
If the players aren't up to date and i can't change players teams in edit mode i will not be buying PES 6 cause that is pathetic!

FIFA 07

- no skill moves
You can't have a football game without skills, it would be pointless. if the game doesn't come with skills i refuse to buy it!

there is probably more you could add to the list but that is the major problems. MICROSOFT went on about how xbox 360 had both these games exclusive until next year, now why do you think they are exclusive???

Cause they are rushed!!!
Clearly not ready!!!
and cause Konami will always put Playstation first!

Looks like i've gotta dust down my PS2 and buy PES 6 on that!

u are spot on bro;)
thats exactly what i was thinkig,
i thought this is a year to remeber with 2 next-gen football games, but gues what both games sux in next-gen:roll:

i still was goin to buy pes6 with every thing missing in the game, like not next-gen graphic, same old engine, same ML, not many stadiums, no German League etc... but what bother me the most, is the edit mode, they tuck the best & very important fature out of the game away:(
so i thought fuck Nokami this year i ll get fifa intead,
i played the demo alot it was mix feelings they add some good&bad stuff to the gameplay overall i started to get use to it & i thought i ll buy it, but when i realise there wont be skill moves in the full game,
EA spoilt the game for me, as it wont feel realistic football game experience with out skills, & i wont get this game ether.
i am so confused now & very dissapointed with EA & KONAMI that they are relising a unfinished game for as:roll:
but i know my self i can not resist till next year waiting for the next versions, so i may end up buying pes6 the way it is, i hope at list the xboxlive will be lag free

Well I really hope you can change players in Pro Evo 6 360 version going to be a right kick in the teeth if not.

As the January transfer window not far off now and if reports are true Konami wont allow us to transfer players i mean wtf. :l

Personally I feel transfer players will be in just creating players stats editing wont. Well Id like to think it is in tbh they should just haved delayed the game until christmas to add the extra features. It seems such a stupid logic to release an unfinished game.

Its not like Konami can not do that they are minted so why not put back the date of release. ?

It will sell in the bucketloads anyway so Fifa could just take the glory for now.

I need a football game on 360 and I have Pro Evo 6 waiting on pre order and personally cant wait even if the logic of Konami is screwed. :)

Last edited:
Well by the response fifa has gotton by regulars im more and more leaning that way. I never use the skill moves in either game so that doesnt bother me. PES on the other hand has a lot that bothers me atm

Both games for me lads. Which ever 1 I dont like at the end of it all will be traded in/returned.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Both games for me lads. Which ever 1 I dont like at the end of it all will be traded in/returned.

DJ

that's perfectly reasonable. but I don't have money for both games, it will cost me around 200$ or something where I live. If pes 6 doesn't contain an edit mode at all (player edit mode included) I will check out fifa, even though the fifa demo put me off

Lets just hope that Konami see sense and release some updates and add-ons on 360 marketplace. It wouldn't hurt them to release some updated transfers and a few new stadiums.

guys ffs your reading to much into this,

pro evo
there will be a edit mode but dusted down for 360 (due to time)

fifa there is tricks and skills it was just taken out of the demo along with comentary due to space and time for the demo, fifa will have about50% more install for you, just think they wont put all features in the demo now would they.

skill movs will not be in the full game of fifa07
for more information go & check ea forum
& the movs we so in that vid are not really skills, they just performed bu runing & slowing down using RB with the left & right analog stick

Its funny, if Konami and EA spent the extra 6 months adding everything to the next-gen games that the current-gen releases have then it would be the same people complaining because its been delayed.

You'll get what your given. It was always going to be PES7 that was the first proper next-gen release for Konami, i didn't expect anything more than what Konami were promising, i don't know why you was.

Well dropshot i was expecting the same game as current gen but then with polished graphics and widescreen. Not much im sure youll agree for a nextgen. But instead they are taking features/teams/players/options away that are diminishing a lot of what the game is about.

friend contacted konami uk regarding pes6 and they told him that there no plans to release a demo on marketplace.wankers.

old news, ps konami are japanese.

japanese = no likey microsoft, they show them no respect = no updates on live.

sony = japanese, konami = licking sonys ass.

I bet you any money theres no trimmed down version for the ps3...

You cant argue that they have more time to develop it as the xbox has been out for a good year now, yes konami are lazy bastards, but at least the game they make is good.

Fifa on the other hand, while looking good.... is still the same old game that impresses for a few hours.... yes its getting better but it just doesnt feel quite right yet... WTF are with the default crosses? they are like mishit crosses that hang in the air... yeah ok you can do the BB cross but theres no in between, even with someone like ronaldinho.

I want to like it but its not quite there yet.

i was quite impressed with Fifa 07 demo to be honest, a big leap forward from last year (never bought it last year, played my mates). graphics are great, if they had skills i would probably buy it. one thing i didnt like about it was the changing player using the L trigger, not very responsive.

I started this post and in all honesty i need at least one football game so i know i'll buy at least one of them even though it pains me to pay an extra ten pounds for graphics when the gameplay isn't even finished...

EA, KONAMI... LEARN FROM THIS!!!

garciaking said:
guys ffs your reading to much into this,

pro evo
there will be a edit mode but dusted down for 360 (due to time)

I just don't buy into this-thay've had 18 months to put the game together, it's a substandard PES at a premium price. I'm gutted. :-(

Back
Top Bottom