PES 6/PES 5/WE9 LE All Stuttering

[QUOTE = "Fabri55, post: 3539068, membro: 304167"]
Ciao ragazzi, ho avuto questo problema come voi e l'ho risolto inserendo i file del convertitore enb nella directory exe.directory e kitserver.
[/ CITAZIONE]

@Fabri55
Can you post these files here and explain the process please?

My experience with PES6, I noticed that the enb files highlighted in the image below are the solution for stuttering.
And, running D3DOverrider is the solution for screen tearing.
This comes with a little cost, a small input lag or latency, but I can live with that.

Capture1.JPG

Also on a side note, I lately tried PES6 on my family's TV monitor, which for some reason allowed me to run graphics on 1080p (despite it being a normal HD TV, not Full HD, and also my laptop's resolution is just 1366*768). Aaaaaand, it was the best graphics experience I have ever seen with PES6, I discovered that I wasn't enjoying the game all these years. I am now sure that this game is meant to be played on 1080p. Nothing less.
The details look better, and best of all, the aliasing problems disappeared. HD Pitches look stunning. Goal nets are clear and do not have that ugly look in lesser resolutions.

Damn it now I seriously think of buying a Full HD TV Monitor.

My experience with PES6, I noticed that the enb files highlighted in the image below are the solution for stuttering.
And, running D3DOverrider is the solution for screen tearing.
This comes with a little cost, a small input lag or latency, but I can live with that.

View attachment 45164

Also on a side note, I lately tried PES6 on my family's TV monitor, which for some reason allowed me to run graphics on 1080p (despite it being a normal HD TV, not Full HD, and also my laptop's resolution is just 1366*768). Aaaaaand, it was the best graphics experience I have ever seen with PES6, I discovered that I wasn't enjoying the game all these years. I am now sure that this game is meant to be played on 1080p. Nothing less.
The details look better, and best of all, the aliasing problems disappeared. HD Pitches look stunning. Goal nets are clear and do not have that ugly look in lesser resolutions.

Damn it now I seriously think of buying a Full HD TV Monitor.
So do you recommend buying a new PC screen or TV screen?

What do you think will make the game smoother :THINK:

The game doesn't support 1080p natively. You can only force some kind of upscaling with Kitserver.
:
Yeah I know, I just meant that forcing this with kitserver made it look a loooooooooooot better (of course we have to already change the resolution to 1920*1080 in the display settings).

Last edited:
windows 10 isn't optimized for majority of older games.
Neither is Windows 8.1 though.

I had tearing (like, massive tearing) on my Windows 8.1 system with every PES from 3 to 6.
Neither D3D Overrider nor playing with kitserver config worked for me (haven't tried the ENB files yet).
I managed to get rid of the tearing completely by setting the programs' compatibility to Windows XP, as I was sure that they would work just fine with that (I think it was SP3 compatibility, not 100% sure right now but it looks the logical thing to do) but now I have two problems that I can't overcome:
  • A little stuttering, especially straight after kickoff: nothing major, but it's there and it's noticeable if you look for it closely enough.
  • Legit PES 6 exe refusing to load if run as Administrator. It starts the disc check, it passes it I guess (otherwise it would give an error), then it sits there doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. The process is running but I can't see it doing anything.
    On a different note (tried for testing purposes, don't be mad at me) the no-DVD exe included in Sany's "PES 6 installer 2" works a charm.
Gotta try to use ENB to see if I can fix the stuttering, and... Well, for PES 6 I will have to make do with the "fixed" exe hoping it's clean. :WHISTLE:

Neither is Windows 8.1 though.

I had tearing (like, massive tearing) on my Windows 8.1 system with every PES from 3 to 6.
Neither D3D Overrider nor playing with kitserver config worked for me (haven't tried the ENB files yet).
I managed to get rid of the tearing completely by setting the programs' compatibility to Windows XP, as I was sure that they would work just fine with that (I think it was SP3 compatibility, not 100% sure right now but it looks the logical thing to do) but now I have two problems that I can't overcome:
  • A little stuttering, especially straight after kickoff: nothing major, but it's there and it's noticeable if you look for it closely enough.
  • Legit PES 6 exe refusing to load if run as Administrator. It starts the disc check, it passes it I guess (otherwise it would give an error), then it sits there doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. The process is running but I can't see it doing anything.
    On a different note (tried for testing purposes, don't be mad at me) the no-DVD exe included in Sany's "PES 6 installer 2" works a charm.
Gotta try to use ENB to see if I can fix the stuttering, and... Well, for PES 6 I will have to make do with the "fixed" exe hoping it's clean. :WHISTLE:

in my case it all worked well with win 8.1.

The d3d8.dll and enbconvertor.ini methods does work for remove the random stuttering but in the other hand it introduces tearing. I tried enable vsync with both d3doverrider and AMD software but tearing still.
Running on a i7 8th gen and R9 270x 4gb on Windows 10, I gave up

You may be right on that, there might not be a universal solution, but a different one depending on the different hardware

Glad to have tried to help

Gentlemen, forgive me for intruding

I believe I found the solution -- I'm on Win10 with a Geforce, and I have no stuttering or screen tearing

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7ovwhkfy7gzs70w/PES5-WE9_Stuttering_%2B_Tearing_Fix.rar/file

This is dgVoodoo 2, a 3dfx wrapper but with also files for DirectX

Extract everything in the PES5/6/WE9/LE folder

Please try it and tell me if it works

Cheers, and sorry again for intruding
Thanks a lot, it works (tested with PES3-6,WE7-9)

Gentlemen, forgive me for intruding

I believe I found the solution -- I'm on Win10 with a Geforce, and I have no stuttering or screen tearing

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7ovwhkfy7gzs70w/PES5-WE9_Stuttering_%2B_Tearing_Fix.rar/file

This is dgVoodoo 2, a 3dfx wrapper but with also files for DirectX

Extract everything in the PES5/6/WE9/LE folder

Please try it and tell me if it works

Cheers, and sorry again for intruding

To follow up on @Ciais' excellent find, you can also use Reshade with dgVoodoo2!

When setting up Reshade using the setup exe, ignore the wrapper error message and just select Direct 3D 10/11/12.

Works perfectly as far as I can tell, and opens up a world of retro CRT TV effects :D

To follow up on @Ciais' excellent find, you can also use Reshade with dgVoodoo2!

When setting up Reshade using the setup exe, ignore the wrapper error message and just select Direct 3D 10/11/12.

Works perfectly as far as I can tell, and opens up a world of retro CRT TV effects :D
What reshade are you using? Thanks

I had very similar issues and, after a month of searching for a fix, the only thing that fixed it for me was to disable all the Xbox Bar recording options within Win10 settings.

There have been, apparently, lots of gamers with this micro-stuttering annoyance due to an Xbox Bar bug in Win10.

Hello, just put files like this:

Then copy and paste the same files in kitserver directory, like this:

Not all users solved the stuttering problem. Let me know!
Thanks! For the moment, do it like you show me and works great.
I've got the line of the vsync off, if you understand me, but at least, the game go smooth

Last edited:
Hello, just put files like this:

Then copy and paste the same files in kitserver directory, like this:

Not all users solved the stuttering problem. Let me know!
Hi, just tried your solution @Fabri55 : works perfectly for PES 6 Firebird Patch. I really needed it, my game was lagging before
Something is quite strange, I play with your PES 5 OS and i don't need to make it smoother. It's not lagging or stuttering, how can we explain this difference between PES 5 and PES 6 ? I got the 2 games on Windows 10 :)

I'm just trying to understand why PES 5 is running smoother than PES 6 on my laptop :D

Hi, just tried your solution @Fabri55 : works perfectly for PES 6 Firebird Patch. I really needed it, my game was lagging before
Something is quite strange, I play with your PES 5 OS and i don't need to make it smoother. It's not lagging or stuttering, how can we explain this difference between PES 5 and PES 6 ? I got the 2 games on Windows 10 :)

I'm just trying to understand why PES 5 is running smoother than PES 6 on my laptop :D

The difference is probably about stadiums. The new ones are huge, the old are under 10 mb.
By the way, I'm glad it works :))

Hello, I have an amazing solution which solves problems with tearing and stuttering that happens with PES 4/5/6. Some microstutters will occur rarely if you are not using Freesync/Gsync, but i will explain why later. I currently tested it with PES 6 & WE9LE.

1. *I found out that the latest version of Windows 10 (21H1) improved the DX8 performance (and other performance aspects tbh) so I don't get the stuttering that was present before without using DX9 wrapper! This means that you can skip this step If you're on Windows 10 21H1. It's advised to use the DX9 Wrapper in older versions of Windows 10, 8.1 & 7.*

You need a DX9 Wrapper which works flawlessly and it improves gameplay experience. Also it makes some settings in GPU driver more compatible. This DX9 Wrapper is made by Boris Vorontsov, it was first originally optimized for Half Life 2 but some Argentinian PES 6 fans made some adjustments. It was posted on this forum i think, I only removed watermark that comes with it. If you are wondering why are you getting the green "Temps" text in top left corner in the game, that's because you pressed Shift + Enter button. To disable it, just press that button combination again. To install it, just extract files to main game directory where PES6.exe is located.

Link:
2. Set compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 on PES6.exe file and tick disable fullscreen optimizations in properties for PES6.exe (If you are using Windows 10. No need to do that on Windows 10 21H1 release).

3a. Non Freesync/Gsync monitor method for matching refresh rate/FPS:

If you have a monitor which has more than 60Hz refresh rate (fe. i have 144hz monitor), set refresh rate to 60Hz.
To not do this manually all the time, you can download the program called HotKey Resolution Changer where you can assign shortcuts for up to 9 refresh rate modes. I have Ctrl-1 shortcut for 144Hz and i have Ctrl-2 shortut for 60Hz. Change is applied immediately. So when you want to play game, press Ctrl + 2 and when you finished with the game, press Ctrl + 1. You need to launch the game first time, then close it (Alt + F4). Launch it again for the 2nd time. You need to do this everytime for Enhanced Sync/FastSync to take effect. This is a bug with DX9 Wrapper, I will explain it later. 60Hz monitor users are not affected with this bug because bug is related to refresh rate change. You can just enter the game normally If you're on Windows 10 21H1 as wrapper is not used there. To have this program run at startup, you need to import this Task Scheduler task:

Just click Change User or Group and type your Windows username. Also in Actions tab change file location to the real one as i choose custom file location.

After that, in AMD Radeon Settings enable Enhanced Sync for PES6.exe and for Nvidia enable FastSync.

For non-Freesync 60Hz monitors, you just need to enable Enhanced Sync/FastSync as said above.

3b. Freesync/Gsync monitor method for matching refresh rate/FPS:

Just enable Freesync/Gsync in driver settings for PES6.exe (or any other PES you want) and you're good to go. Freesync is for AMD, Gsync is for Nvidia.

4. Disable any gameplay speed changer since it's altering the max FPS in-game. Original game physics speed is designed to be ran on 60fps. Thanks to 9/12/18 for reporting and solving the issue.

The conclusion:

- The best method is to use Freesync/Gsync as there will be no tearing and stuttering. With Enhanced Sync/FastSync you will have absolutely no tearing but you will rarely have microstutters because the mentioned technology is designed to allow ocassional stuttering in order to remove tearing. Micro-stuttering happens when you are running below 60fps, but PES 6 rarely goes below that. However, in some cases, i noticed no stuttering whatsoever when playing for a long periods of time. In higher refresh rates/FPS, it's not noticeable, at least in my experience. BTW, you can use non-Freesync/Gsync method if you have a monitor with 60Hz backlight strobing (MBR/ULMB) which offers amazing movement clarity like good old CRT monitors which is not compatible with Freesync/Gsync.

- Disabling fullscreen optimizations makes sure that DWM.exe (compositor) is overrided which means that game is running in true fullscreen, which decreases overall game input lag. Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode is set just to be be sure that the game is running as intended because PES 6 was originally released for Windows 2000/XP (Not relevant to 21H1 release of Windows 10 as they did some serious improvements to fullscreen optimizations. With disabling fullscreen optimizations on 21H1 release, you could actually get the worse input lag than with fullscreen optimizations).

- I forgot to mention D3DOverrider which i used before and it's inferior to these methods i provided. It's a really old program and it is a struggle to make it work in Windows 10. In some Windows 10 versions it launched instantly while in other versions it couldn't launch at all. Even with it set up and working, I had a lot of tearing and it wasn't a big improvement compared to Vsync Off. Not to mention the noticeable increase in input lag. Enhanced Sync/FastSync works better + it has much less input lag. Freesync basicaly adds no input lag (1ms in worst case for some monitors) and works best.

- You can notice micro-stutters occasionally (every minute per say, even with Freesync) without using DX9 Wrapper because Windows 10 has a DX8 bug. If you are using DX9 Wrapper, this issue is solved, however there is some tiny annoyance. When you switch to 60Hz, you will see a lot of stuttering when you launch the game for the first try in 60hz (you can notice it in moving text at the bottom of the main screen), just launch the game for the 2nd time, it will disappear. This is probably the bug with the DX9 Wrapper, it only takes effect on 2nd try when refresh rate is changed. I don't get this issue without DX9 Wrapper (only occassional stuttering which i mentioned before).
Again, not relevant to 21H1 release of Windows 10 as they improved the DX8 performance so much that stutters are gone.

- Modders can also implement this in patches as it will improve gameplay experience significantly with this old game (with giving credits to original authors of course).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom