PES 6 Shooting?

jflores

Diegoooooooool!
25 April 2002
Centreville, VA (USA)
FCB
Ok, played the demo for this 360 version and it's ok. However, the shooting absolutaley sucks balls!

What the Hell? is shooting that random in this game?

Do I have to hold one of the triggers while shooting to get an accurate shot?

This is ridiculous! all the close range shots with a tap of "x" sails sky high...

Sorry NOKAMI, but I will not spend my hard earned money on this garbage for the US version if you don't fix the shooting among other things not mentioned here.

How many games have you played? I have the demo as well and when I do get a shot off I am getting it on target. Just give it more time. I actually like the demo. I'm not sure why alot of people on here don't like the game.

Exactly what do you do special to succesfully get a shot off on target?

One thing I like about the demo is the ball physics and headers. They seem solid. However the stiffness of players, and poor shooting is just unacceptable. Fifa 07(PC, PS2, Xbox) version's goalies are far more superior and realistic than this games goalies.

Oh and I must say, the nets animations on this game are really nice. ;-)

Last edited:
Exactly what do you do special to succesfully get a shot off on target?

Talks out of his ass. The shooting in PES6 does seem, let me correct that, is random. The fact that just tapping the shoot button for a split second flings my power from anywhere between 50-100% is insane. I should actually have to press the button down for that much power, not just tap it. I also can't stand the stiff robotic player animations, it makes the game look far from realistic.

Well let's see. I don't have a problem blasting it over the goal, but I do that as well. I'm not saying I put every shot on target or even when every game. But if you just tap it, it should stay low enough. So don't talk crap.

How many games have you played? I have the demo as well and when I do get a shot off I am getting it on target. Just give it more time. I actually like the demo. I'm not sure why alot of people on here don't like the game.

just wait until someone kicks your ass in the game when the computer (not you, the computer) makes mistakes in your game that why i dont like it....i dont no mistakes its always the computer but i will kick anyones ass on the game!!

add me if you wanna get beat

GAMERTAG - kingBLAZE1984

Considering you'll find tons of posts around this forum stating that only a tap of the shoot button makes the the ball sail high, I wouldnt call it talking crap when I say a tap results in crazy shot power.

My don't talk crap statement was directed at your "Talking out his ass" statement. About the tap and it sails high, I'm sure it happens alot. It happens to me alot as well. But you can keep it down.

As to the other guy, if you are in Europe we won't be able to play. As our games will not be compatible. SOrry buddy.

Guys! let's stick to the thread topic please.

Anyway, I read somewhere that RT+X is an almost guaranteed goal. I will try that next on 1 vs 1. However, the long distance shots just don't have enough power on them and almost always take this rainbow balloonish trajectory which doesn't look too real. Long distance power shots should also have a straight swervy line drive trajectory as well.

Oh well, maybe I need more practice. However, I doubt it..

its getting frustrated u shoot sail sky high even when it just a tab :x: button..it even barely reach quarter the power of the shooting gauge..its annoyed me every time i shoot inside the box..but i realised its always happen when the opponent pressured u from behind..but its suck:( ..prefer the pes5 shooting with the shooting style of pes6(i mean animation)

its getting frustrated u shoot sail sky high even when it just a tab :x: button..it even barely reach quarter the power of the shooting gauge..its annoyed me every time i shoot inside the box..but i realised its always happen when the opponent pressured u from behind..but its suck:( ..prefer the pes5 shooting with the shooting style of pes6(i mean animation)

Yes, I think the pressure from behind is the key to the high shots.

I would definitely agree on the poor shooting of pes. The shoots seem random and usually very weak to me . Too much toe poke. I really do like Fifa ps2's shooting this year. The physics and speed and bounce just feel right on. However, there is the lack of midfield play, and the goalies are horrendous. I had way too many games where the cpu had just 1 shot and 1 goal cause the goalies stunk.

BTW FIFA 07 on the 360 is PURE garbage. It is sooo rushed and so gawdy that it offends me EA would put out a game like that and actually charge money.

BTW FIFA 07 on the 360 is PURE garbage. It is sooo rushed and so gawdy that it offends me EA would put out a game like that and actually charge money.

And PES6 on the 360 is different how? Its not even a new game engine, its the same old one. It was very rushed and very pathetic that it had things missing since its just a PS2 game with a fresh coat of paint. At least EA built a new game, it offends me Konami charges money for a PS2 game engine (cost more than the PS2 version) with slight graphical upgrades.

I would definitely agree on the poor shooting of pes. The shoots seem random and usually very weak to me . Too much toe poke. I really do like Fifa ps2's shooting this year. The physics and speed and bounce just feel right on. However, there is the lack of midfield play, and the goalies are horrendous. I had way too many games where the cpu had just 1 shot and 1 goal cause the goalies stunk.

I played the PS2 version of Fifa 07 mate, and it wasn't bad. However the PC version is by far the best of them all in my opinion. That's what I mostly play, and it's a blast!

Midfield play can be achieved on the PC version. However, the game plays more like it does in real life with regards to the English Premier league games in that there is a lot of wing play. I love the way my wingers make the right runs. The game is so much fun to play. The awesome saves from the keepers, the individual dribbles(Especially Ronaldinho's and C. Ronaldo's), and goals are just exciting. Overall, it's a great game IMO.

As far as PES6 for the 360, I will rent it.

FIFA 07 360 shooting is really good imo. It took me at least 3 weeks to master it, but once I did, it was very impressive.

yes shooting is terrible if i compare it too pes5.
A lot of 1on1 situation the striker just shoots against the keeper. And yes i know you can use fake shot or lob, but that gets boring after a while.
Also the passing is just awfull, a lot of passes end up to the wrong person or just end up in the opponent feet.

After a good 3 weeks solid of trying to get into a patched pes6, i have to say its really shite.

I just played fifa 07 360 for the first time in over a month and the freedom is incredible.

After a good 3 weeks solid of trying to get into a patched pes6, i have to say its really shite.

I just played fifa 07 360 for the first time in over a month and the freedom is incredible.

Yep, As much as I like pes6, Its getting a little boring.:(

Time to dust off my fifa 07 tonight,and see what I've been missing.

Big session methinks !!!

what ive noticed on the game is -

if you don't get the correct power it usually flies over the bar - whether its too much or too little.

it also doesn't help if your trying to aim the ball at an awkward angle to the player.

what ive noticed on the game is -

if you don't get the correct power it usually flies over the bar - whether its too much or too little.

it also doesn't help if your trying to aim the ball at an awkward angle to the player.

Yep, You MUST have your players body shape properly lined up before pulling the trigger, Or it ends up in row z.

Come back Fifa 96, all is forgiven....:lmao:

You guys are right. PES6 is garbage, regardless what console you get it for. It will be coming out here in the US next month and I was more interested in the PS2 version since some have said plays better than the 360 version. However, after reading some negative comments about the shooting being crap in this version as well, I will not be buying it.

As Jambotommy stated;

"Time to dust off my fifa 07 tonight,and see what I've been missing."

You guys are right. PES6 is garbage, regardless what console you get it for. It will be coming out here in the US next month and I was more interested in the PS2 version since some have said plays better than the 360 version. However, after reading some negative comments about the shooting being crap in this version as well, I will not be buying it.

As Jambotommy stated;

"Time to dust off my fifa 07 tonight,and see what I've been missing."

PES6 for the ps2 the shooting is fine, its not as good as previous versions, but it is not garbage, and it certainly is better then any console version of FIFA07. Try it out for yourself before you call it garbage....

PES6 for the ps2 the shooting is fine, its not as good as previous versions, but it is not garbage, and it certainly is better then any console version of FIFA07. Try it out for yourself before you call it garbage....

Fair enough, I will not call it garbage just yet. I will however, rent it first just to be safe.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom