PES 6 with an LCD tv?

justjer

Conference
21 March 2005
Guys i have a ps2 with pes 6.
Next week i'm gonna buy a Samsung LCD tv model le27s71b

I heard Pes6 it;s looks awfull on a lcd screen.
Does pes 6 on the support progressive scan?

If yes i can buy a Component cabel to wire my ps2 to the lcd.
Then the resulation will be 480p.

I guess some of you have a lcd tv home, your experiences please?

Last edited:
I've got a samsung lcd too (32") and pes6 (like all the games I tried) in ps2 is awful. I bought on ebay a component cable and it is a little bit better but not the best I've ever seen.

Nope, PES does not support progressive scan. Looks crap on my LCD TV as well, though using a component cable raised the image quality a bit like hiria1983 already stated. Still doesn't look as good as using an RGB cable on a good old fashioned Standard TV.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a great joke from Konami...playing with a better T.V is worst than an old one...

Technical paradox.

First, my ps2 was in the living room. And I bought a plasma. I was happy to discover the game differently.
I was choked when I played PES6 on this plasma. An awful "blur effect" made bleeding my eyes. Moreover, PES6 does not support 16/9 so it flattened original 4/3...this is awful too.

So i took back my ps2 two in an other room, linked to an old cathodic tube T.V.

That's shit, cos' xhen I wanna play to Resident Evil4 (for example) which support 16/9, I have to move the ps2 again.

Yes that sucks :S
When i buy my lcd tv
i dont have any space left for my old fashioned tv.
how could konami be so stupid to release a game at the end on 2006
not knowing that a lot of us has a 16:9 tv and lcd/plasma.

the 360 version has no problems with this at al..
but i just hate the 360 versions controls

I think it's about time. I suppose they wouldn't favour Xbox360. Because people with LCD or HD TV should buy a next-gen. I don't think konami would be able to do that (the KONAMI/SONY relationship you know)

But if they release an other PES on ps2 (which isn't impossible from my point of view, maybe someone have informations about it) they have to make a 16/9 version at least.

Does it really takes time to put a game in a 16/9 way?

I recently bought a 40" Sony Bravia X series LCD. My TV displays the game with good picture quality and scales it to 16:9 with no problems. I'm using normal PS2 cables.
Maybe this problem occurs to older LCD sets.

Cheers

It looks fantastic on my 32" Toshiba HD LCD TV, and all im using is an RGB scart.

I use a 32inch philips tv, 32pf9966 with ambilight.

Ps2 is connected with rgb scart and same as you its looks fantastic.

I'm also trying to connect my pes6 pc version on my laptop to my 32 inch lcd but cant get the screen sharp.

Anyway, ps2 on lcd works fine with me

Defo try to buy an Ixos Component Cable for PS2. Defo improvment, richer colours, and less blurring on large screens.

These are rare to find so try eBay and google.

I use a 32inch philips tv, 32pf9966 with ambilight.

Ps2 is connected with rgb scart and same as you its looks fantastic.

I'm also trying to connect my pes6 pc version on my laptop to my 32 inch lcd but cant get the screen sharp.

Anyway, ps2 on lcd works fine with me

i have new lcd 32'' and it looks like crap, image is all blury, you can see pixels so its better to play on my old 27'' tube

Bought a new samsung 32inch and it looks terrible. will buy a Component Cable and hope this makes a difference.
Are these ps2 component cables standard or are there more than one type??
Which socket does this connect to by the way??

To be honest a lot of it can do with the refresh rate on your lcd. Looks ok on my 37" philips lcd but not great. Where as on my mates panasonic plasma which doesnt have a refresh rate it looks incredible. Sometimes i find if i play a long ball it goes a but blurry on my set as if the TV is trying to catch up. The PS3 upscaling has helped a bit though.

I recently bought a 40" Sony Bravia X series LCD. My TV displays the game with good picture quality and scales it to 16:9 with no problems. I'm using normal PS2 cables.
Maybe this problem occurs to older LCD sets.

Cheers

I have the same but plasma and it looks awesome. Using upscaled PS3 mind!

Incidentally, don't forget that the PS3 component cables work on the PS2 as they use the AV/MULTI out. Game do one for a tenner that smartened it up a bit on my Toshiba LCD compared to scart and the few games that do use progressive scan will obviously get the benefit too.

I got the PC version and I've tried to connect my PC to my Samsung 32" LCD and it works fine, the graphic is almost better than the PC graphic :) . But because of the widescreen it's all streched a litte bit. Shame on Konami that PES not support 16:9.

It looks realy bad on my 42" Panasonic Plasma.. its realy blurry and reacts realy slow.. it works better on my old normal t.v's

Back
Top Bottom