PES Universe podcast - featuring yours truly - available now

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
Hi guys,

I was invited onto the PES Universe podcast recently to represent Evo-Web. I hope I did you all proud. In the episode, myself, Barry (DaMidniteKid) and Nem (a fantastic kit-maker) discuss PES 2020.

Both Barry and Nem have played PES 2020 and discuss their hands-on experience, while I try my best to raise our concerns.

You can access the podcast via this link:

https://www.soundcloud.com/pesuniverse-podcasts/2019-pesuniverse-podcast-ep-12/s-qWRPe

Thanks guys.

@Chris Davies , You were superb on the podcast my friend. A broadcasting natural, not a single word out of place.

Defending the old PES games and our forum members reasonable views in a calm and informative manner. Particularly the explanation of player ability individuality and AI variation and adaptation in earlier PES was excellent.

This most rearguard holdout old schooler
says.....

:BEER:

Having some ice-cream as I listen through it. Very good Podcast
I really feel represented by what you said, Chris.
Specially earlier on in the Podcast when you were talking about how stats used to matter much more and that's exactly what I miss the most. That was the soul of Winning Eleven. Every point of each ability mattered!

However, DMK said something that I didn't catch in any of the gameplay videos.
He said that in PES 2020 the GKs don't wait glued to the line until an attacker takes the shot on a 1 on 1 situation, and that if Messi has the ball, the GK tries to position himself because he knows Messi is probably going to cut inside and shoot.
I didn't see that. I actually saw a lot of 1 on 1 (specially from Batistuta) in which the GK just waits for him to come close enough to shoot from a position in which it'd be difficult for Batistuta NOT to score.

That was... a strange thing to hear.

And finally, I was ready to bitch-slap you because I was sure you weren't going to say "Sliders" as your #1 wish for the future. In fact, I came here, clicked on "Edit" on this message just to say I was surprised you didn't say it and BOOM! YOU DID SAY IT! Nuttn but love for you my friend! Again... I felt very represented in all you said!

Last edited:
Great job, Chris. Hopefully this is a step to link all the communities. They should know we are not as scary as they might think. Likewise - we shouldnt think that we have been banished to the corner of the internet and nobody wants to hear our views. You made us proud.

Nice one CD. i really want to listen to this, but before i do is there a version without the background music? because if the desired effect was "ambience" then the mixer level should have been much lower. I can hardly hear chris's voice.

EDIT: no worries i see its only temporary.

Nice one CD. i really want to listen to this, but before i do is there a version without the background music? because if the desired effect was "ambience" then the mixer level should have been much lower. I can hardly hear chris's voice.
Yeah its fucked at the beginning. But music dies off after a bit..

EDIT: no worries i see its only temporary.
Censorship, that's all it is. :LOL:

A very good podcast, thanks chris.

Just to put my bit in....
Great idea about the sliders, i remember some of your past settings with fifa and they made a massive difference.
One thing mentioned in the cast was the fact that it is "hard to satisfy everyone", ie online/offline/esports.

I question this because on pc with 2019 i have been using a gameplay loader that loads a different dt18x64 file each time i start up pes. With this in mind it wouldnt be hard at all to load a basic dt18 type file which will be tailored to the different modes. Then this coupled with the sliders should please everyone. Thanks again CD you did good!

Not done with it yet but: the beginning is really messed up. How could they launch it like that? Anyway...
i got to the beef after 4 minutes.

We should use mics or headsets when doing ours!! Sound quality is so important when listening more than 5 minutes, imo.

Well done @Chris Davies ! I haven't heard it all yet but you put the points across well.

Regarding the music i thought you were all chatting in a club. :LOL: It was quite effective when there was a breakdown in the music and it gradually picked up with your voice. Maybe we could sample the track, loop your voice which says ‘we need more free kicks’ and release it as a track. A top ten hit would surely make Konami listen :P

I will listen to some more later. Well done fella :)

Finally caught up with the forum and the podcast, Was a great treat for the ears. You held it down very eloquently and with dignity.

I think you raised some great points about why a lot of us are playing the older games and what makes them so special still as well as what we would like to see from the modern games.

I can't wait to hear more from the Evo-Web version!

I’m trough... and I liked it.

Besides the technical flaw at the beginning and that sound quality overall, I liked how you talked and what was talked about.

@Chris Davies you represented our community very well, IMO. Especially the thx to the guys!! :TU:

And finally: it’s so much better to get opinions and looks at things across via a podcast. As I said before: a lot of meaning and how you want to say something gets lost in written words. It’s always better to talk “in person”!

Good stuff!! :)

Are you really just going to like everybody's post in here?
Engage with us, Christopher.
I appreciate everybody's kind messages and I'm glad I represented the site, that was my big concern. Now I'm in the middle of recording and editing a series of Evo-Web-focused podcasts, so there's not much more to say until then! EDIT: (Except, bye-bye free time.)

Last edited:
I appreciate everybody's kind messages and I'm glad I represented the site, that was my big concern. Now I'm in the middle of recording and editing a series of Evo-Web-focused podcasts, so there's not much to say until then!

I have no idea who you'll be featuring(hi Matt) but please censor him!

I would love to hear podcasts where you before actually play then review old PES games. The rose coloured glasses are thick as hell if its not PES6 or PES5 of course :D.

Back
Top Bottom