PES/WE on PS3! - First Info! Scans Inside!

ashmufc said:
Thanks Adonis. How do you plan on getting PS3 from Japan?

Well I have a few contacts for getting a Japanese PS3. Its gonna be very expensive (around £650 :shock: ) but you dont understand how badly I want one :p

For those people who are commenting about the pictures in the scans, they are 360 pictures. The reason they are there is plainly just to show the improvements that will be made over the 360 version.

For e.g. it comments on Pirlo's face, saying that the PS3 version will free-flowing hair etc.

Sounds good, and I always knew the real true next gen version was gonna come out for the PS3, shuts up the annoying 360 fan boys aswell.

the real true next gen? I'm not following this.. regardless of what platform.. 360 and PS3 will be almost identical when they release future WE/PES games.. people thinking that one is going to be betther than other is just stupid. The only noticable differences will be online play and the controllers you use to play the games people..

btw.. speaking of controllers.. I found this interesting

Speaking this afternoon to CVG, Konami's PES producer Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka has revealed he's currently in possession of two new Xbox 360 controllers and is playing around with them at the PES HQ.

Microsoft sent Seabass the two controllers to allow him to test re-mapped button configurations for PES, the best footy game in town, presumably to make the game as playable on an Xbox 360 pad as it is on the PS2.

It's no secret that the best pad to play Pro Evolution Soccer on is Sony's classic Dual Shock.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=147127

El Diego said:
A PS3 magazine using Xbox360 images? Desperate or what? :lol:

as a ps fanboy that embarasses me.

steveee said:
the real true next gen? I'm not following this.. regardless of what platform.. 360 and PS3 will be almost identical when they release future WE/PES games.. people thinking that one is going to be betther than other is just stupid. The only noticable differences will be online play and the controllers you use to play the games people..

btw.. speaking of controllers.. I found this interesting

I personally don't think that the 360 and PS3 version will be the same. The PS3 will have an advantage because it will sale better in Japan than the 360. Konami's primary concerns is the Japanese market. They will focus on not only consoles' processing power but also their sales. The Wii will probably be the best seller this holiday season, but I'm not too sold on its power and Nintendo's track records of "kiddies games". I see the development of WE/PES series on the next generation consoles similar to what VC is doing with the NBA2K series. The 360 and PS3 both have their advantages and disadvantages. Good developers will factor this in when they develop their games. As an example, take a look at this article:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/737/737118p1.html

Interesting notes on the PS3 version of NBA2K7:
Speaking of taking advantage of the PS3's power, the team has been using the computational power of the system to enhance a large number of the standard features that the game is known for. For instance, the cloth physics of jerseys and shorts has been assigned to one SPU on the PS3 instead of multiple cores on the 360 so that it can move more realistically than ever without taking away processing power for the rest of the game. But you'll find that there's just as much realism off the court in the PS3 version than on the court. Instead of running cutscenes during timeout situations, the development team has created real time AI that governs the cheerleaders, mascots, floor cleaners and even the crowd. For example, during a game between Dallas and Miami at the American Airlines Arena, we noticed Burnie, the Heat mascot doing much more than simply dancing on the sideline; he would run under Dallas' basket and actively try to distract shooters at the free throw line, and he had new dance sequences during timeouts.

I'm ok with V-9 about NBA 2K7 the version PS3 it's from the first generations of games and on Xbox 360 on the second, and from alot of dev's it's easy like a PC for make games on 360 and more hard on PS3, but the result it's already better. (few dev's have problem on PS3 exemple Assassin's Creed better AI on 360)

Last edited:
V-9 said:
I personally don't think that the 360 and PS3 version will be the same. The PS3 will have an advantage because it will sale better in Japan than the 360. Konami's primary concerns is the Japanese market. They will focus on not only consoles' processing power but also their sales. The Wii will probably be the best seller this holiday season, but I'm not too sold on its power and Nintendo's track records of "kiddies games". I see the development of WE/PES series on the next generation consoles similar to what VC is doing with the NBA2K series. The 360 and PS3 both have their advantages and disadvantages. Good developers will factor this in when they develop their games. As an example, take a look at this article:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/737/737118p1.html

Interesting notes on the PS3 version of NBA2K7:
Speaking of taking advantage of the PS3's power, the team has been using the computational power of the system to enhance a large number of the standard features that the game is known for. For instance, the cloth physics of jerseys and shorts has been assigned to one SPU on the PS3 instead of multiple cores on the 360 so that it can move more realistically than ever without taking away processing power for the rest of the game. But you'll find that there's just as much realism off the court in the PS3 version than on the court. Instead of running cutscenes during timeout situations, the development team has created real time AI that governs the cheerleaders, mascots, floor cleaners and even the crowd. For example, during a game between Dallas and Miami at the American Airlines Arena, we noticed Burnie, the Heat mascot doing much more than simply dancing on the sideline; he would run under Dallas' basket and actively try to distract shooters at the free throw line, and he had new dance sequences during timeouts.

come march i aint buying nba live then, you hear about using the ps3 pad to take free throws?

pjft said:
True. The games are region free.

I think developers have the choice of putting region lock to there game.

The question is will Konami put a region lock on Winning Eleven or Pro Evolution Soccer?

embraceuk1 said:
Seabass saying "he wants a completly different masterleague" is a bit of a joke if he wants it just do it, and it should have been done years ago

I agree. I find Seabass's 'something for the future' attitude rather frustrating.

i'd like to think that PES7 for PS3 will satisfy some of our high expectations for next-gen. one year is alot of time for development. besides, i think those japanese corporations are in collusion ;) . interim is the word.

nazzo said:
I think developers have the choice of putting region lock to there game.

The question is will Konami put a region lock on Winning Eleven or Pro Evolution Soccer?
I would think so, to protect sales in other regions.

ashmufc said:
I would think so, to protect sales in other regions.
That's true. They will probably put region lock so we have to buy the game in specific regions. If it wasn't then PES games in Europe wouldn't sell because we would all import WE from Japan.

KEZ said:
That's true. They will probably put region lock so we have to buy the game in specific regions. If it wasn't then PES games in Europe wouldn't sell because we would all import WE from Japan.

How come psm3 seemed so sure that we can actually play Winning Eleven (Japanese) on a Pal Playstation3?

Last edited:
nazzo said:
How come psm3 seemed so sure that we can actually play Winning Eleven (Japanese) on a Pal Playstation3?
Konami don't have a reason to lock this game for european market because the big fans of the serie buy Winning Eleven and Pro Evolution Soccer.

ThomasGOAL said:
Konami don't have a reason to lock this game for european market because the big fans of the serie buy Winning Eleven and Pro Evolution Soccer.

But Konami probably will lock this game for the european market, because Konami always try their best to frustrate their loyal fans.

ThomasGOAL said:
I'm ok with V-9 about NBA 2K7 the version PS3 it's from the first generations of games and on Xbox 360 on the second, and from alot of dev's it's easy like a PC for make games on 360 and more hard on PS3, but the result it's already better. (few dev's have problem on PS3 exemple Assassin's Creed better AI on 360)

Thomas stop being a child, you fanboyism is pathetic.

Brand loyalty in gamers

Fair enough if you support a football team, but why would anyone in their right mind display loyalty to a corporation like Microsoft or Sony (or Sega or Nintendo)? Games is games, and turning a blind eye to the faults of a profit making business, and dismissing other brands in support of your own, is at best blinkered, and, at worst, cripplingly sad.

OPM said:
Seabass on Interview

-PS3 Version is finished (Winning Eleven 11)
-No info about content or release date yet
-PES7 for PS3 will be released in europe next fall / winter (microsoft exclusiv "next gen" / 360 license for pes6)
Thanks for the link OPM !
the good news is WE11 (new version)

Last edited:
yes, really excited to see, maybe a whole new engine :D if so i will have to buy a ps3...

ThomasGOAL said:
ok show me WE PS3

and after this guy critic me because i joke about PlayStation logo on Auxerre shit on the 360 version...

pathetic

Do u remember the adriano pic you thought was 360's that was from WE PS3 ;)

johnthekingsingh said:
Do u remember the adriano pic you thought was 360's that was from WE PS3 ;)
I hope really :)
because it's is the PS2 in HD like on 360 i'm very frustrating

Last edited:
I think the only difference between Pro Evolution Soccer 7 on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will be the controller and online play.

I'm not sure about Winning Eleven but that will most likely be in Japanese and you probably wont be able to go online in this country. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom