Pes2008 Leipzig Thread

Fatality

Gawd like
30 July 2005
It comes to mind that a few of us are in the process of booking Leipzig to play pro evo next month, i thought perhaps this would be a good place for maybe people who have been before to impart some experienced wisdom and for new people to maybe discuss hotels or other accomodation or jus the notion of going

So far the main site has proved more than tricky, they have several guides

http://www.gc-germany.com/index.php?page=1061&params

However the guides are in German and despite completing some education in German it seems to have left me.

It leads me to the conclusion really that outside booking maybe the best option.

Anyway just thought i would start a thread for people to help people. Maybe even for the people going when they go to put up their experiences/pictures/vids for the benefit of the forum.

Great idea. As soon as I have info I'll pass it on, wont be for a week or so yet though.

Anyone who could give us some valuable advice would be greatly appreciated!

Prices are such for the actual event

Day ticket 12,00 €
Day ticket, reduced rate* 8,50 €
Evening ticket (from 3.30 p.m.) 6,00 €
Day ticket, child rate (6-12) 4,50 €
Day ticket parents (adults in the company of their children till 18 years) 8,50 €
Four-day ticket 29,50 €

A viable point to make is that there is a campsite that the convention centre runs and is next to the convention centre itself, a good option, im looking into it now

The choice is yours:
Five-day ticket

* for 130 euros
* incl. GC admission for all 4 days of the fair
* 4 overnights (Weds. – Sun.)
* incl. showers / toilets
* all events in the festival area as well as free access to the chillout area plus big swimming pool

One-day ticket

* for 43 euros
* incl. GC admission for one day
* one overnight incl. use of showers / toilets
* attendance at that evening’s event in the festival area as well as free access to the chillout area plus big pool during your campsite stay.

A viable point to make is that there is a campsite that the convention centre runs and is next to the convention centre itself, a good option, im looking into it now

The choice is yours:
Five-day ticket

* for 130 euros
* incl. GC admission for all 4 days of the fair
* 4 overnights (Weds. – Sun.)
* incl. showers / toilets
* all events in the festival area as well as free access to the chillout area plus big swimming pool

One-day ticket

* for 43 euros
* incl. GC admission for one day
* one overnight incl. use of showers / toilets
* attendance at that evening’s event in the festival area as well as free access to the chillout area plus big pool during your campsite stay.

Whats that campsite mate? do you have to bring your own gear or is it set up for you? 130 euros for 4 days + tickets is class.

Already got this booked for me and two other mates :) theirs going to be live bands, pool etc and plus the ticket also gives free travel around Leipzig which is a bonus! I'm flying from London Stansted to near Leipzig bit of a haslle getting their but should be worth it to play PES2008!!

Whats your arrangement usedjohnny? Are you staying in the campsites? Have you stayed before? What are you taking with you?

Adonis the campsite is located on site and is provided by the conference itself, you book an area, bring your own tent aswell. You have to sign up to the site to be able to book though which has proven a pain for me at the moment, they accept the email but validating the account seems a bit hard.

i am also thinking of attending.

where did you book the flight from stanstead? where is the airport in germany?

anyone else recommend cheap accomodation, if you are not camping?

maybe we can all meet up!

Adonis the campsite is located on site and is provided by the conference itself, you book an area, bring your own tent aswell. You have to sign up to the site to be able to book though which has proven a pain for me at the moment, they accept the email but validating the account seems a bit hard.

Ok cool.

Im gonna stick my intial plan. Ive got a hotel booked for two nights for £128, and the flights from Gatwick are £170. 3 days at the event should do ;)

All I need now is that video/picture equipment. Should be able to sort something out.

Ok cool.

Im gonna stick my intial plan. Ive got a hotel booked for two nights for £128, and the flights from Gatwick are £170. 3 days at the event should do ;)

All I need now is that video/picture equipment. Should be able to sort something out.

who did you fly with?

which airport is the destination?

I actually wish I could go. It would be something else to go and see PES months before its released and id love to meet up with my old Andover mate Baguette Boi Kenny :) im sure we have met before but just dont know it yet!

I actually wish I could go. It would be something else to go and see PES months before its released and id love to meet up with my old Andover mate Baguette Boi Kenny :) im sure we have met before but just dont know it yet!

oh yeh.

i am sure we have met before.

so where do you live now?

maybe we can have a few pes tounrnaments when the new one is released.

i can get flight and hotel for £288 per person.

how do you book the GC tickets?

has anyone managed to get some?

or are you going to queue on the day?

btw which days are you attending adam?

What hotels have you guys got? So far im having alot of trouble with the campsite option?

just in case anyone needs help from a native german speaker. just post your questions.
i´m in the process of aqquiring press tickets for the first day (my dad used to work for WDR, a german television station) and i hope he manages to get me to press access cards with priviledged access. might get some more insider informations!

Pre sales

Advanced ticket sale is available as from 2 May 2007:

Saturn

Saturn: Saturn-markets in Germany and Austria. (in German available only)

etix

etix: GC-Tickets bye - print - visit (in German available only)

Please note: after purchasing your tickets you can print them out on ordinary paper using your normal printer. Your receipt will be sent to you by e-mail, together with information on how to do a reprint if you have problems with your printer. These tickets do not entitle you to free travel on MDV routes and must be exchanged at an information desk on site.

You can buy a GC ticket at the usual advance sales outlets as from 9 July 2007.

* Lotto-Toto-outlet in the area of Leipzig
* Lotto-Toto-outlets in the south part of Sachsen-Anhalt
* McDonalds the area of Halle and Leipzig
* DB travel agencies in all of Germany (Ticket coupons and railway tickets)
* several shops in Saxony
* some booking-offices in the "Mitteldeutschen Verkehrsverbundes (MDV)"

By purchasing your ticket(s) in advance you won't have to queue for admission to the GC. And as your admission ticket also entitles you to free travel * to and from the exhibition grounds by MDV public transport for the duration of the GC, you'll be saving money too!

(* limited to the following zones: Leipzig, Landkreis Leipziger Land, Landkreis Delitzsch, Halle, Saalkreis and Landkreis Merseburg-Querfurt.)

Pre sales

Advanced ticket sale is available as from 2 May 2007:

Saturn

Saturn: Saturn-markets in Germany and Austria. (in German available only)

etix

etix: GC-Tickets bye - print - visit (in German available only)

Please note: after purchasing your tickets you can print them out on ordinary paper using your normal printer. Your receipt will be sent to you by e-mail, together with information on how to do a reprint if you have problems with your printer. These tickets do not entitle you to free travel on MDV routes and must be exchanged at an information desk on site.

You can buy a GC ticket at the usual advance sales outlets as from 9 July 2007.

* Lotto-Toto-outlet in the area of Leipzig
* Lotto-Toto-outlets in the south part of Sachsen-Anhalt
* McDonalds the area of Halle and Leipzig
* DB travel agencies in all of Germany (Ticket coupons and railway tickets)
* several shops in Saxony
* some booking-offices in the "Mitteldeutschen Verkehrsverbundes (MDV)"

By purchasing your ticket(s) in advance you won't have to queue for admission to the GC. And as your admission ticket also entitles you to free travel * to and from the exhibition grounds by MDV public transport for the duration of the GC, you'll be saving money too!

(* limited to the following zones: Leipzig, Landkreis Leipziger Land, Landkreis Delitzsch, Halle, Saalkreis and Landkreis Merseburg-Querfurt.)

but the saturn and etix options are german only. i can't read it.

Hmm theres truth in that, i shall do some snooping round, maybe you can buy them when you get there

are you going fatality? wouldn't want to travel with some with that nickname tho... ;)

yes indeed i am going, not looking forward to the flights much, ive been on a plane about 20 times to different countries but everytime is a nervewracker. Will hopefully get the bookings done this weekend and will post a pic of the GC ticket when i get it. So far i think im going for 4 days at a cost of a bout 350 (not including spending money)

can anyone help me?

i want to book tickets through the GC website, but i can't read german.

how do i go about doing this?

cheers

ken

Back
Top Bottom