PES4 - What a breath of fresh air !!!!

Bebeto 94

For the good of the game
9 November 2002
Liskeard, Cornwall
Ive never felt the need to add to any of the number of threads slagging off PES5 as i dont feel its a bad game but having just gone back to PES4 im sorry to say , Konami have bombed out big time in my opinion .The PES4 gameplay was a joy to behold , it was fast , slick , smooth but most of all FLUENT !!! There are many different improvements in PES5 that really enhance the game but gameplay has took a step backwards .Ive been playing PES5 since release day almost a month ago and have really been patient with it and tried to give it a fair crack but at the end of the day it comes in a poor second to PES4 . The biggest disappointments have to be the erratic shooting system where as you can tap the button 2 yards from an open goal and put the ball into row Z and the constant fouls throughout the game just to try and regain possession . I will continue to play both games in a vain attempt to try and get PES5 to grow on me . The message to Konami is simple , if it aint broke dont fix it !!! The bottom line is that the changes from PES2 to PES3 and from PES3 to PES4 were subtle and enhancing but this time Konami have changed too much too soon .

Last edited:
imo shooting is miles better in PES5. The constant fouls in a way is better, because it avoids the simple bashing of the X button to make a tackle. But sometimes its irritating.

pes4 = arcade
pes5 = realism

simple as that, if u want arcade style Fifa falls into that catergory waltzing around players and scoring easily

in pes5 u cant waltz round players and score easily so it it a massive step forward

indeed it is

all my mates hated pes5 but i have made them see the light and they all love it now

Bebeto 94 said:
Ive never felt the need to add to any of the number of threads slagging off PES5 as i dont feel its a bad game but having just gone back to PES4 im sorry to say , Konami have bombed out big time in my opinion .The PES4 gameplay was a joy to behold , it was fast , slick , smooth but most of all FLUENT !!! There are many different improvements in PES5 that really enhance the game but gameplay has took a step backwards .Ive been playing PES5 since release day almost a month ago and have really been patient with it and tried to give it a fair crack but at the end of the day it comes in a poor second to PES4 . The biggest disappointments have to be the erratic shooting system where as you can tap the button 2 yards from an open goal and put the ball into row Z and the constant fouls throughout the game just to try and regain possession . I will continue to play both games in a vain attempt to try and get PES5 to grow on me . The message to Konami is simple , if it aint broke dont fix it !!! The bottom line is that the changes from PES2 to PES3 and from PES3 to PES4 were subtle and enhancing but this time Konami have changed too much too soon .

Do you know something about football, mate ?
PES4 an old breath of shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this guys clearly doesnt watch football. IMO the reason why these people slag of pro evo is cuz they simply suck at it. just ask yourself one questions.. is their a footy game thats better than pro evo 5? im alking about present games like fifa 2k6 not pro evo 1/absolute soccer

Do not moan about missed the clear chances, even the professional striker could miss it in real life. You may be mad if you miss the goal, but if you play with your mate, its kind of relief he keeps miss the clear chance.;)

I have posted on these boards saying that I didnt like PES5 as much as 4 and the demo's, but at the time said that I would keep playing it as I had confidence in the people at konomi knowing more about what makes a good football game than we do.

1 month down the line and my mind has been totally changed, the game is class, it repressents much more about what football is than any before it.

Once you get used to having to think much more about what your doing and get used to it the game just keeps getting better. This change however, does not happen over night, I was more than 50 online games in before I started really getting the hang of it and now at about 120 games in I am flying and love the game.

I beat someone 7 - 0 last night, only 2 weeks ago I was considering making a topic asking for help scorring and crossing

Sorry guys agree with Bebeto, I think PES5 is a big of a step backwards. Its gone from being slick and a decent game of footie to a very awkward and at times extremely annoying and full of bullshit experience. :(

DJ

Bebeto 94 said:

Could not agree more

djdavedoc said:
Sorry guys agree with Bebeto, I think PES5 is a big of a step backwards. Its gone from being slick and a decent game of footie to a very awkward and at times extremely annoying and full of bullshit experience. :(

DJ

Yeah, I agree too. And its always funny when you think the older version is better or when you have a negative opinion, people tell you to go play fifa. Its that all you can come up with? And the most annoing excuse
for a game to lack in certain areas is

"Thats the way it is in real life"...

LOL.. Yeah, then every short coming in the game can be excused, good one.

PES4 is indeed great to play after playing weeks of PES5. I too think PES4 is much smoother and better. PES5 is a step back.

I totally agree with bebeto 100%
The biggest killer for me in pes5 is the control over the players movements,ball
control, passing and the wingplay/headers is dead.Everything else is ok.
Go back and try pes4, i play in birds eye view camera and is very noticably hard just to get a player to run straight.

djdavedoc said:

DJ

ok, so my question will still be :

do you know something about football and have you ever played football ?????

assie said:
Yeah, I agree too. And its always funny when you think the older version is better or when you have a negative opinion, people tell you to go play fifa. Its that all you can come up with? And the most annoing excuse
for a game to lack in certain areas is

"Thats the way it is in real life"...

LOL.. Yeah, then every short coming in the game can be excused, good one.

PES4 is indeed great to play after playing weeks of PES5. I too think PES4 is much smoother and better. PES5 is a step back.

No, you should have said that YOU THINK it is a step back because AS FOR ME and many other people it is a great step forward towards realism, long life to PES5 !!!!

and if people tell you to go and play fifa, it is not to be mean but to give you a good advise.
if you like arcade footie game, people won't tell you are a morron (you may deserve it though) but just tell you to step back to PES4 or worse fifa games, that's all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all it's rather childish to suggest that people who don't like PES5 did not play football or should "get back to" FIFA (yes and my willy is longer than yours...).

I prefer PES5 to PES4 but IMHO he has a point concerning the shots on goal...yes it happens that a striker misses a sitter...but not as much as in PES5. After playing it quite a lot (and enjoying it) i have somewhat adpated my playing style. In PES3 and PES4 i had the tendency to keep on passing the ball untill i was in the box and then try a tap in or a shot. In PES5 i score more goals from outsiede the box than from close range...that is not realistic...(and i'm not talking about playing who have the special ability middle shot or something).

Oh and on top of that what's wrong with arcadey games...the only game i keep on playing beside PES is SSX, SSX ON TOUR,... can you have a more arcadey game...but i'm a sissy...(because in fact my willy is shorter than yours, but keep quiet about it...)

I got WE9 J-League the other day, and for me it blows PES5 out of the water. WE9 was fun but it didnt hold my attention too long. Then along came PES5 and again it didnt do much for me...not saying it was bad, just didnt feel any urge to play it. But WE9 J-League is a completely different story. Absolutely fantastic. Really exciting gameplay, slick and skillful football. Probably the most Ive enjoyed any WE/PES since WE6FE. For anyone who's not satisfied with PES5 and has the ablity to play imports, I'd highly recommend you give it a go.

gerd said:
First of all it's rather childish to suggest that people who don't like PES5 did not play football or should "get back to" FIFA (yes and my willy is longer than yours...).

I prefer PES5 to PES4 but IMHO he has a point concerning the shots on goal...yes it happens that a striker misses a sitter...but not as much as in PES5. After playing it quite a lot (and enjoying it) i have somewhat adpated my playing style. In PES3 and PES4 i had the tendency to keep on passing the ball untill i was in the box and then try a tap in or a shot. In PES5 i score more goals from outsiede the box than from close range...that is not realistic...(and i'm not talking about playing who have the special ability middle shot or something).

Oh and on top of that what's wrong with arcadey games...the only game i keep on playing beside PES is SSX, SSX ON TOUR,... can you have a more arcadey game...but i'm a sissy...(because in fact my willy is shorter than yours, but keep quiet about it...)

hein ??!!??
ah vi tu es belge, je comprends mieux pourquoi tu tiens un discours aussi inepte !!!

PES 3 was the best in my opinion, for the simple reason that it was the most fun to play.

gerd said:

Arcadey football games are a bit different to snowboarding games :)

dalessandro said:
hein ??!!??
ah vi tu es belge, je comprends mieux pourquoi tu tiens un discours aussi inepte !!!

This guy is a racist...
I will translate what he just said in the quotation:

Uhmm???
"O yes you are Belgian now i understand why you speak such rubbish..."

Of course it is his damn right to think that i'm talking rubbish, but the reason why is racist...Joostebrood was once banned for a similar attack on Germans...

I'm gonna reinstall PES4, as PES5 is damaging to my health, my computer, and the people around me :D Not because its great. It really is a dissapointment. PES3 was even better, why I sold that I don't know. PES1, someone needs to port that on to the PC and patch it :D

PES5 is a faulty game, weather you play it online or offline, this game is way too scripted, and people who don't realize that this game is fucked up are the REAL NOOBS, the dribbling is shit, shooting is shit, high thought passes = shit, lots of fouls = shit etc etc, now don't tell me i don't like it because I suck at it, i play online most of the time and I win, but that doesn't meat I actually like the game, pes4 wasn't that good, but if you compare it too pes5, its GREAT!

Pablo said:
PES 3 was the best in my opinion, for the simple reason that it was the most fun to play.

This for me is the main point, PES5 you have to concentrate 100%.

Althought this is more realistic you want to enjoy it not get frustrated by it.

PES5 half the time you're shouting at the players wondering WTF they are up to. Have you noticed your SB's cutting INSIDE the CB's when defending!

Far too annoying to be enjoyable.

it does seem to be on-rails for too much for my liking. you should have control over players runs without having to use super cancel, which is tricky as you have to let go at the right time

Thanks to this thread, I don't think I'll be purchasing the pc version for pes5 - just stick to the ones I've got. Pes4 pc and WE9JL! Mind you, I like going back to WE5 sometimes. Great fun!

Back
Top Bottom