PES5 Demo - Impressions

:: JJ :: said:
Yep, here's a screenshot I did last night which I posted in another demo thread...

image13ps.jpg

Damn...this is frustrating...should I expect it to be fixed on the final version? I don't think so...

Last edited:
Kingpug, the demand is there in Japan for that many versions - the demand is probably also there in other regions, judging by the volume of people on this and other forums who religiously get the latest version available, myself included. It's evident after so many years of playing these multiple versions, that they have enough improvement to warrant their release, or the lightbulb would switch on in people's heads, and they would simply not buy them.

The difference between Konami and EA is that the latter relies totally on it's ability to 'buy' success, be it by swallowing up smaller development teams or in FIFA's case, the license to the game. They don't need to produce a stellar game every year to sell it, they just need the name any football fan recognises (Federation of International Football Associations), the glossy front cover and some stylish presentation, for many, that's enough to make them hand over their money. Konami have had to sell their games on gameplay, and then rely on word of mouth via reviews, etc, to build up a userbase. There is a big, big difference IMO. Konami are now spending more money on the aesthetics of the game, by snapping up licenses and getting stars on their cover, but that is not at the expense of gameplay - they still produce the goods in that department. EA keep churning out a garbage game year after year, although I have heard they improved it somewhat this season.

Let's not pretend here, the aim of both companies is to make money, but only one deserves it IMO. No one is forcing you to buy these games, the market is there for them and enough people feel they warrant a purchase so what's the problem?

The people having probs with the lines and choppiness need to go into the Monitor tab of the Display Properties and set the Refresh to 60Hz.

You can also download software that will allow you save certain refresh rates for certain programs, so you don`t have to kill your eyes using Windows in 60Hz :)

Just about to play the demo now, will report back soon...

hi guys i played pes5 demo is fantastic!!!
i have a problem, when i run the game from the Expander is slow!
do you know another way to make the game play for 10min?

rIKmAN said:
The people having probs with the lines and choppiness need to go into the Monitor tab of the Display Properties and set the Refresh to 60Hz.

You can also download software that will allow you save certain refresh rates for certain programs, so you don`t have to kill your eyes using Windows in 60Hz :)

Just about to play the demo now, will report back soon...

I always have 60hz since i have lcd monitor.

weird, i have no hardware/software problems whatsoever with pes4,5 pc version... i have athlon xp2100,windows xp pro,geforce fx 5900xt

those with gfx problem, can try updating video card driver...

Well I ran the game and had a bit of choppiness, set monitor to 60Hz and turned off VSync (Radeon 9500) and it runs sweet as, well....sugar. Or something sweet.

Anyway, first impressions:

The players seem to have "weight" to them, as if suddenyl they are affected by gravity more than PES4, well not more, just ina more realistic manner...hard to explain.

The passing is harder, and players first touches don`t seem too good all over the park, but that will just take some getting used to.

Dribbling is better (imo) and if you get up a head of steam the players really fly (well I was Henry at the time :D), also battling is more scrappy and realistic although I think a few of the fouls that were given against me were harsh (simple shoulder to shoulder when running through on goal).

The shooting is far improved, and you seem to really be able to ping the ball, from anywhere and at any height, rather than some of the weak ass not-even-half-a-shot efforts I`ve seen in PES4.

the passing is good too, seeming to be able to kick a lot further and direct that PES4, in which any balls through seemed to float and allow the defenders to get under it.

I`ve also actually won scrappy battles in the middle of the park that would have been possible in PES4, little ricochets and animations that make it really sweet.
I think its all about the "weight", which seems to apply to the player and the ball, it makes everything seem more real - it`s been very well implemented.

On the downside, there was a few occasions when the players seemed to run in a direction of their own choosing, even though I use manual and Super Cancel to move off the Auto line straght towards to ball.

They don`t run off at a random angle, but they also don`t go exactly where you want, sometimes veering slightly - which is enough for the player your chasing to skip past you - especially with the new weight thing I`m on about.

As much I as LOVE the demo, does anyone else get annoyed when the CPU tends to just take control of your player when the ball is lose? :( I also have some sound bugs which are annoying. Hopefully Konami will sort these problems.

i wished that when i wake up tommorow morning its the release date for pes5.... arghh its too tempting, im desperate, its tons better than we9, i give the demo 8.5/10

Less annoying fouls too. And I've only just noticed that you can auto sort the opposition team. Abit more umph to it in my opnion.

It has that winning eleven 7 feel to it.

kingpug, mate, u r not supposed to buy all those versions of the game cos they r for different regions... ur version is PES since it's the only one for Europe... and the fact that u buy WE, WE:I, WE blablabla evolution is not Konami's problem, but urs... simply don't buy em, thats it...

Re-arranged said:
kingpug, mate, u r not supposed to buy all those versions of the game cos they r for different regions... ur version is PES since it's the only one for Europe... and the fact that u buy WE, WE:I, WE blablabla evolution is not Konami's problem, but urs... simply don't buy em, thats it...

Exactly!! ClassicD hit the nail on the head....their a business, they WANT to make as MUCH money as possible. In japan they release more versions, that i feel they improve on each one. They wouldn't do it unless the demand was there, but it obviously is in a big way.

But if people in different parts of the world choose to import every version that Konami make then your not gonna see massive improvemnets everytime. But if you bought PES4 and then waited all this time for pes5 then played the demo there's a HUGE difference.

It's a practically a new game in terms of the way it feels and better for it I think. :mrgreen:

I never said I buy them all, I do have a brain you know.

So how can EA be called money grabbers while Konami are just doing their business, biased or what? People will always moan, everyone moans about FIFA although they don't plan on buying it, moaning is just part of life.

Sorry, Konami keep buying licenses, yes, for WE9 they added a grand totall of SIX new licenses from PES4, plus the fact instead of adding more teams they take other ones out.

I think what you mean is, FIFA has the balls to spend money to make more money where as Konami don't seem to be willing to buy alot more licenses, I mean 6 new licences is utter shit.

Anyway lets wait and see the full product of PES5, maybe we will have more licenses, and seriously how can they not afford them considering PES is supposed to be the best selling football game, and I am pretty sure bringing out 6 versions each year also helps the income alot, I take it each club license costs about one million pounds each?

Well i never called EA money grabbers, but at least with Konami you get alot more in terms of a game. I also don't give a fuck about licenses, neither do most people or they'd be off playing fifa. As long as Konami keep improving the gameplay, which I think they do, then I'm happy with that.

Fifa may have the balls to buy the licenses, but they ain't got the balls to make a decent footy game that can compete with pes/we, there's no arguing that!

kingpug said:
So how can EA be called money grabbers while Konami are just doing their business, biased or what?

Because Konami make great fucking games every time whereas EA release shite! :roll:

kingpug said:
People will always moan, everyone moans about FIFA although they don't plan on buying it, moaning is just part of life.

You're kidding, I'd never have guessed! :lol: :roll:

So when you make a shit game your classed as a money grabber? Doubt it, Konami make better games but FIFA have better resources, seriously what do Konami spend all the millions they get for the game on?

Atleast EA try new things, like off-the-ball, what do Konami do each year? Make the AI cheat alot more than the previous version?

I should add that when I say EA and Konami I don't mean them as a whole, because EA for sure make alot better games then Konami.

Anywya lets not go off-topic anymore, lets see what useless shit they add to the game for its full release, no doubt they will add more bugs so when we want a better game we will buy LE or I for example.

Mikey said:
Err, no. I've played shite Konami games. And PES is overrated. Good but overrated.
I'm talking specifically about Konami football games - have you ever played a 'shite' Winning Eleven or PES? Think carefully, you might have played a version which hasn't blown you away or a version not drastically different, but if you've played a shite version then please, do tell.

Kingpug, when you make a shit game and do little more than change the number at the end of the title and punt it as a revolutionary new product, it's a bit different from drastically improving on your last effort every time, which is what Konami tend to do.

EA try new things, my arse. These are gimmicks, why do you think they scrapped them for FIFA 06 and COPIED WE/PES's control scheme? :roll:
I can deal with the 'cheating', it's clear you can't, you've told us a million times. Play on a lower level, learn to deal with it, or stop banging on about it!

EA make better games than Konami? All down to opinion, I think you're very wrong given Konami make WE and MGS, while EA rely on yearly sports games of which are no interest to me, or expansions of WW2 games which are never the best in their genre (unlike WE or MGS).

You actually think they deliberately insert bugs so we are more inclined to get the next release. You need your fucking head looked at.

Last edited:
Yea and you lot keep saying FIFA do the same shit over and over yet you don't see me crying as much as you do about me saying the game cheats.

You lot act like Konami change the game alot, all they do is change the graphics very slightly and do some changes to the gameplay, ofcourse it feels like a different game, because it is.

I honestly don't get why you lot act like this when someone says the game is shit, do you make the game or something? Nobody gives a flying fuck about FIFA, after all this is a PES forum, and the fact of the matter is Konami barely change the game, they bring out 6 versions and add 6 new licenses over a year, and you lot seem to think they totally revamp the game rofl.

Anyway:

I can deal with 'FIFA', it's clear you can't, you've told us a million times. Play WE9, learn to deal with it, or stop banging on about it!

Sorry, and off-the-ball is old? Ofcourse it was a new thing when they first introduced it, and the cheating AI ain't the only reason why I, and many others think the game ain't as good as you lot make it out to be.

"You actually think they deliberately insert bugs so we are more inclined to get the next release. You need your fucking head looked at."

Then tell me Mr. know it all, why don't they beta test the game before they release it? Why do they do the shittiest port over to the PC I have ever seen? Why not properly port it over to the PC, like Rockstars did with GTA:SA, maybe because they don't fucking care? I bet the only reason they bring it out on PC is for more money. You seem to think Konami are amazing and they do everything perfect, so lets see what PES5 is like and if they release patches to fix the bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are the one who constantly brings FIFA up, by saying you "don't get how Konami are any different from EA", etc. I'm merely referring to your point.

Is the PES5 demo the best football game on PC? Yes. Was PES4 before that the best football game on PC? Yes. What more do you want? Rockstar ported GTA:SA properly to PC? You must have a special version then, because the graphics are diabolical (not updated at all from PS2), and it crashes more than James Dean on acid, it's one of the worst ports I've ever seen!

I never said Konami are amazing and do everything perfect, but then you've already got to the name-calling stage so I don't suppose you're in a reasonable frame of mind.

Han said:
I thought this was a topic about the PES5-demo? :shock:
It was, until this post --> http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=532307&postcount=41

Sorry to play my part in taking this way off topic but I've had about enough of Kingpug's constant moaning and whinging about the game and the people who make it, at every opportunity he gets. For example, why the hell did he start doing it in this topic?

No, I never started this whole "EA are money grabber" malarkey.

What more do I want lol, maybe a game that actually runs good, and seeing as the graphics ain't exactly PC standards I expect the game to run on a laptop!

Can you tell me why I cna play games like BF 2, HL 2 and CS:S yet playing a football game is choppy? I would love to know.

And I ain't sure what your on about, can't remember seeing someone say the graphics of SA were the same as the PS2 version, and I can safely say they looked better to me, and if it crashed it was obviously your pc seeing as it didn't crash once for me. Worst port? rofl, atleast it could run smooth on my PC which sadly ain't the case for PES4/5.

Yep, I called you Mr. know it all, I hope you don't lose sleep over that, anyway for the umpteenth time, lets wait and see how shit the game is before we carry on moaning about the demo, and I have yet to play FIFA06 so I can't compare the two.

Good god, do you honestly think my first post was off-topic? hahahhah what a beauty. And in my post I never mentioned one thing about the demo? Maybe instead of making stuff up try and read the post you claimed started this off-topic debate.

And I have heard enough of people slating FIFA and talking utter bollocks about EA, but I can't remember I opening up a debate over it, you know, like you have done here?

And just for the record, the first post that was off-topic was this: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=531971&postcount=14

yet I don't see you mention that or cry about him? Why may I ask? Plus the fact that guy just happens to moan as much as me about the game yet I can't remember you giving him all this crap over it, hmmm.

Forgive the spelling etc, been up since 6am and about to hit the sack, talk more crap while I am away Classic, give me something to read when I wake up.

kingpug said:
No, I never started this whole "EA are money grabber" malarkey.

What you did was bring them into it, by saying Konami are just as bad. When people then respond to that with an opinion you disagree with, you can't turn round and say "stop talking about FIFA", you brought it up!

kingpug said:
What more do I want lol, maybe a game that actually runs good, and seeing as the graphics ain't exactly PC standards I expect the game to run on a laptop!

Can you tell me why I cna play games like BF 2, HL 2 and CS:S yet playing a football game is choppy? I would love to know.

Runs perfectly on mine, and looks very sharp.

kingpug said:
And I ain't sure what your on about, can't remember seeing someone say the graphics of SA were the same as the PS2 version, and I can safely say they looked better to me, and if it crashed it was obviously your pc seeing as it didn't crash once for me. Worst port? rofl, atleast it could run smooth on my PC which sadly ain't the case for PES4/5.

Read some reviews, San Andreas was slated for it's graphics numerous times. It crashed for a lot of people, just like you say PES doesn't run well on your machine while others have no problems.

kingpug said:
Good god, do you honestly think my first post was off-topic? hahahhah what a beauty. And in my post I never mentioned one thing about the demo? Maybe instead of making stuff up try and read the post you claimed started this off-topic debate.

Well, it started with you moaning about how many versions Konami release, and ended with you moaning about the same thing. I thought this was about demo impressions?

kingpug said:
And I have heard enough of people slating FIFA and talking utter bollocks about EA, but I can't remember I opened up a debate over it, you know, like you have done here?

Already stated - you brought up EA, no one else.

kingpug said:
And just for the record, the first post that was off-topic was this: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=531971&postcount=14

yet I don't see you mention that or cry about him? Why may I ask? Plus the fact that guy just happens to moan as much as me about the game yet I can't remember you giving him all this crap over it, hmmm.

Yes, but he was talking about something completely different. I never said it was such a horrendous thing to post off-topic, I am on about how you consistently manage to go off-topic in multiple topics, ABOUT THE SAME BLOODY TOPICS!

Last edited:
Like I said my post contained some information about the demo, did you bother ro read it all?

"What you did was bring them into it"

Wrong again, look:

"EA would kill for PES/WE's gamplay" http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=532102&postcount=23

So I was just carrying it on.

"I mean in europe we get just 1 release which is PES"

I was merely stating that overall Konami bring out about 6 different versions, and then seeing as the guy mentioned EA first I decided to use them in my post, meaning, instead of calling EA money grabbers for releasing one worldwide game per year look at Konami who bring out 6.

So as I already stated, I never brought up EA first, so unlucky son.

Show me more topics were I have brought up the 6 versions Konami release, you act like I do it in every WE/PES thread so get those links in here, and this is about impressions of the game, I fucking game mine so quit your bitching, I bet if I said the game was amazing and gave me a boner you wouldn't be crying like this now, would you?

My last post, at the end of the day Konami barely make any changes, it is more like an expansion every release, EA ain't money grabbers while Konami are, now admit the facts and get on with your life. The day EA bring out 6 different versions of FIFA each year is the day I call them money grabbers, but just like Konami they change very little each series, but unlike Konami they only do it once not 6 times, comprende?

So what your saying is, we can go off-topic but when we talk about the game in a bad way then it is a big deal? hahahahaha. And I forgot to add, I take it I am the only person on this site that goes on about the game alot? I must be considering I never see you moan at other people, hmmm yet again.

ClassicD said:
I'm talking specifically about Konami football games - have you ever played a 'shite' Winning Eleven or PES? Think carefully, you might have played a version which hasn't blown you away or a version not drastically different, but if you've played a shite version then please, do tell.

PES 1 is shite to me, and so is PES 2. Maybe not shite to other people, but they're shite to me. The only reason I bought them is because there was nothing better at the time.

Back
Top Bottom