PES5 Demo - Impressions

I've played the Demo and its really good.

I like the new passing system. in pro 4 it was way to easy to complete a pass and wasn't very realistic, but was still fun.

I'm finding through balls harder but again they aren't impossible like most people think.

Keepers don't fall on the floor when you fake shoot anymore which is a plus and when you try to chip the keeper, they dive down then react quick to jump up again and save it....not sure if thats good reactions or unrealistic goalkeeping, you lot decide.

The game is slightly slower then PES4 though. Henry is still too slow, no defender should be able to catch him when his one on one! Owen seems quicker in my opinion.

Finally i think shooting from long distance has become easier, of courses its easier because i couldn't score in PES4 from long distance! :) But i scored 4 times from outside the box with henry and it seemed quite easy and the keepers didn't even bother moving till the last minute. its hard to make keepers perfect because nobody is ever happy about them.

In the end this is a definite improvement!

Compared to WE9, PES5 is worst. I dont like the faster gameplay. WE9 was better simulation, PES5 looks like arcade. WE9 has got 2 problems which needed to be fixed: Fouls and injuries.

I really like that players now can wear their shirts "out of their short", if you know what I mean. Look at Fabio Aurelio, who now looks more realistic.

rIKmAN said:
So...er... can it be made 2 player?

The demo supports 1-8 players, so theres no patch needed for that.
If you're talking about network or internet play then the answer is no, it can't be added.

pere said:
The demo supports 1-8 players, so theres no patch needed for that.
If you're talking about network or internet play then the answer is no, it can't be added.

I can`t even get a 2 player match going?
The selection screen won`t let me move to Home and Away (2 player game) but it will let me move to the same team with 2 players (but then the 2nd was controlled by the CPU)

Help!

Ok, the playres shirts will during the game sometimes get "drawn" out of their shorts, I thought it was a default option. Maybe it will be included in the player edit?

i just noticed something not so great while playing PES5 PC demo. raul kicked the ball towards my goal, ronaldo was getting up from ground and the ball went trough his
chest into the goal, i guess they have forgotten to add collision into that part of animation :( its great game but that moment just was a bit frustrating.it was like ronaldo was ghost or something ( no graphical issues )

Something else I noticed and didn´t like at all. Every time I try to lob the keeper, while he is halfway down and almost on the ground, he gets up so quickly and manages to stop the ball. Has anyone else managed to lob the keeper, or am I the one who cannot do this?

GreenFan said:
Something else I noticed and didn´t like at all. Every time I try to lob the keeper, while he is halfway down and almost on the ground, he gets up so quickly and manages to stop the ball. Has anyone else managed to lob the keeper, or am I the one who cannot do this?
Yes you can do it, but I agree totally with your point. It's pretty bad looking when this happens, I mentioned it on the WE9 thread and they've obviously not fixed for PES5. What really makes it stand out is he's mid-dive when he magically dives upwards again, despite his feet being off the ground so what he's using to push himself upward again I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom