PES5 NEW official DEMO! 10/02/05...

Yeah, Robinho and Baptista are in the Madrid squad, but they're invisible you see, so you won't be able to see or use them. But none the less, despite there being no evidence they are there, they are really 'cos the exe is bigger.

Ive just played a couple of 30 minuite halves on 3,4 abd 5 star and there is a huge difference especially with the dribbling.
Its way to easy now winning 5,6 - 0 :(

pn929 said:
Ive just played a couple of 30 minuite halves on 3,4 abd 5 star and there is a huge difference especially with the dribbling.
Its way to easy now winning 5,6 - 0 :(

30 minute halves!? :o Ur a physcho! :P

I couldn't last more than 10 min games ;) Maybe it'll be better on 6 stars?

I don't know why people judge a game on the demo's anyway, it doesn't always represent the final product :/

BTW: commentry still the same? (e.g. Crap)? :)

For people wanting to unlock the new demo, make sure you make a copy of your PES5.exe in case you somehow get it wrong, then follow these instructions:

Download the latest Hex Workshop - http://www.bpsoft.com/downloads/index.html
Install it and load it up.
Click File > Open... and browse to your PES5.exe (the backup should be somewhere safe)
Click Edit > Goto... click the radio button to select a Hex string, and enter the string 00050312 into the box. Click Go!
You will see the cursor flashing at the beginning of a set of numbers, which is 0183. Now simply press 00 to overwrite the number, making it into 0083.
File > Save - you don`t need to backup as you already have ;)
Enjoy PES5 and set match time, subs, refs etc etc.

Note: try to only change the options that were available in the first Unlocker, as changing the others has caused lockups and freezes (for me at least), so you have been warned, handle with care!
Thanks to Energia for the info on the Hex Edit :)

Last edited:
I'm having problems with the demo. After the intro of the players on the pitch, the game goes blank with the sound playing in the background. The controls get locked and I have to close the window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No problems with it here, as I said just make sure you only change the ones that you can change in the first unlocker: match time, referee, player condition etc

Changing to snowy pitch, nighttime etc gives me lock ups too as I guess the graphics aren`t there.

I think turning is quicker and turning circles are smaller and the pace is slightly quicker. But it could all be in my head from what the OP said.

Anyway, here is my edited Pes5.exe file. It appears to be working fine.

yea dribbeling feels different for me also. Less sluggish.
But the sound sucks. The ball sound and commentary.

I prefered first demo...
Don't say gameplay ise the same because it's not
Dribbling is faster, game is too easy on the same difficulty like first.
For me it's closer to pes4 than we9

This game play is different than the first demo; passing seems to be a lot faster, dribbling too

the game is defo differento but not sure which one i prefer...

commentary still shite as ever!

one question... why is the 'star man' always one of the goalkeepers?

I put it on 1* and drogba scored 8 goals and still it says the keeper?

that's because its a demo, not everything is included, don't worry though that will be sorted in the final release.

New demo plays a lot like PES4

I prefered the first demo, for the first time it seemed to really make a difference as to how good the player on the ball was other than just how fast they were and how they could turn.

Players like Zidane were very hard to push of the ball and player like Duff seemed to be able to hold the ball, dribble and win it back.

Now if you get a fastish poor player you easily take the ball of them.

First game needed more thought and team had slower build ups, now it is back to having a team pinned in there half for the entire game.

Complete step backwards, they had a game that was much closer to proper football than any before, if they release this the only change from PES4 is a few new animations and better volleys

^ I was thinking the same thing. I've never played Winning Eleven but every year people go on about the slower pace like you have just there. Then when PES comes out the same people complain about the fast pace of the game like you have... just there.

The first demo was unofficial (I believe), and this version is official (apparently). So I would say that this demo is a closer reliasation of the final product (PES that is).

EDIT: But I'd still buy PES5 for the improved online play (if it is in fact improved).

Last edited:
Are we sure this new demo is official? Maybe its a patched version of the first demo(patched not by konami but by some ppl who wanted to make it easier).This thing plays very similar to pes4 and if pes5 gonna be like this then: :eek: :x :eek: :cry: #-o #-o KONAMI :nono: [-X

but then the previews and the review(opsm2) i read say pes5 its very difficult,slower and very hard to dribble,,,all these indicate that the first demo was the official one.Maybe the admins of the forum can enlight us..

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've played the PS2 version of WE9/PES5 you will see this new PC demo plays at the same pace. There has always been an issue with the PC version being slower (I believe due to PCs having higher refresh rates) and unresponsive but it seems Konami have fixed this issue this year, however it is still slower than the PES4 console versions.

The game flows far better and is light years ahead of PES4.

I loved the slow paced gameplay on the first pc demo. It was way better then the fast paced xbox versions of pes5 on xbox and ps2. The only thing i don't like is that the pitch looks smaller on the pc version.

Please Konami don't fuck this game up in the last minutes.

That's may be a sign that KONAMI read peoples' opinions about demo, the've read complains: the game is sooo slow, dribbling is so damn impossible, so they decided to change some things in game.
But unfortunatelly they've read not that opinions they should and they're making second PES4 with new animations like is said above.
Damn... :roll:

KARUKEKAO said:
but then the previews and the review(opsm2) i read say pes5 its very difficult,slower and very hard to dribble,,,all these indicate that the first demo was the official one.Maybe the admins of the forum can enlight us..
Typically the OPSM review of PES is when it is still in the beta stages. I believe the first PC demo was of the review beta (hence 'unofficial'), and that the latest demo is the current game. Konami have made tweaks between every WE and PES release to date and the magazines have always reviewed the game when it was closer to the WE version than the PES version.

Energia said:
I think it depend from your hardware: READ THIS
Yeah but your forgeting that we're playing both demos on the same PCs and have noticed the speed difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom