PES5 Online Problem - Port 5730 Error

shax101

$HAX
20 October 2003
Hi, i am trying to connect online but i keep getting this problem saying it cant "transmit via UDP Port 5730"

i have looked around the forums & it is not useful to me because i am not connecting straight to the router

i have a Speedtouch 330 modem so it connects to the PC via a USB.

i then had to get a cross over ethernet cable to connect my PS2 & PC

all the settings are correct & the PC recognises the ethernet connection

but when it says "testing network connection" ... i get this Port 5730 problem..

can anyone help ??

thanks

Have you changed it in game through the port settings?? You need to do this too, also if you have a firewall make sure this port open ;)

what do you mean "Have you changed it in game through the port settings??"

where is this option? ive got the slim PS2 by the way if that helps.

i was told by Sony to leave the DNAS as AUTO. i cant find any port settings option.

plus i do not have firewall soo thats not a problem. any thing else i should check?

thanks

When you first attempt to go online before you choose your profile you have the option so choose network configuration or by pressing :circle: you can change the port settings. It's on the first main screen at the bottom after you've chosen the network option :)

o right kool. thanks mate.

just entered 5730 in the port number bit...

damn... just tried it again & i still get that error !!

any more solutions please?

shax101 said:
Hi, i am trying to connect online but i keep getting this problem saying it cant "transmit via UDP Port 5730"

i have looked around the forums & it is not useful to me because i am not connecting straight to the router

i have a Speedtouch 330 modem so it connects to the PC via a USB.

i then had to get a cross over ethernet cable to connect my PS2 & PC

all the settings are correct & the PC recognises the ethernet connection

but when it says "testing network connection" ... i get this Port 5730 problem..

can anyone help ??

thanks

Are you using ZONE ALARM ?

If so..you need to set firewall sensitivity to MEDIUM or lower.

He did say he wasn't using a firewall, but shax101 are you using win xp service pack 2 cos that has a firewall built in.

You can but you need a router/modem with a ethernet cable port, he only has a usb modem so he needs to do it via internet connection sharing.

Yep, i have a shitty USB modem connection to the PC

Internet Connection Sharing configurations ok

cross over cables ok

network settings ok

dnas ok

no firewall on my PC

windows 2000

is there any way to check if i have firewall on windows 2000?

is there any way i can FREE Port 5730 in windows 2000?

any one else on crappy wanadoo broadband with a speedtouch 330 modem?

thanx for da replys!!

Best bet is to just buy a Router/Gateway. You need to start connecting through Ethernet anyway, so do that and then you'll be able to solve the problem easily.

Otherwise try a different port to 5730 on the PS2 setup, trial and error until you find one that works :)

ye i have to buy another router!!

thats what konami said anyway.

ive got this Efficient Alcatel 5861 Router (black)...

how do i connect my Wanadoo Broadband with this router. i dont have a manual or anything. its just been lying around in my house for a long time.

any one have any ideas?

thanks

Stick your phoneline into the Phone jack on the router, connect it to your PC via Ethernet, then either check the Wanadoo website for configuration details of their service, or ring them up and ask for them.

Google the model and make of your router and find an online manual so you can get to its configuration page (usually 192.168.1.254), get to it using your web browser and then go to www.portforward.com and look up your router model to set up the port you want to run PES5 on. :)

Hi, this is the router that i have lying around.

its called Efficient Alcatel 5861 Router. & this is what it looks like:

http://www.chipweb.de/dsl/index.php?menu=2&id2=42

i have nooo manual & therefore no way to configure the settings. i have searched for a manual on the net but couldt find anything!

what can i do now?

(by the way, what router is everyone else using?)

Hi,

Ok i have a BT Voyager 205 Modem/Router now.

Im trying to connect the router to the PC and then hopefully to my Wanadoo broadband.

i have checked online:

http://www.portforward.com/btvoyager/205adsl-dhcp.htm

i typed in the IP in the browser but it says Cannot Be Found.

do i have to be on the Internet? because i have tried accessing the IP thing with my current internet connection (speedtouch modem & wanaddo) but it does not work.(at this point, the DSL is connected from speedtouch to the phone line)

i have also tried by connecting the BT Voyager 205 DSL to the phone line but obviously, as the hardware is not activated with the PC, i cannot access the Internet & therefore cant use the IP 192.168.1.1 in the browser...

soo what do i do?? anyone any good with connecting routers to the PC?

thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom