PES5 (PSP) - Reviews?

Can't find any either, it's out on Friday!

Not sure whether I'm gonna pick it up. I never played WE9 for PSP and as the system is a bit low on quality games it's tempting. But it'll be mostly 1P mode, and that is far from tempting.

Its EXACTLY the same as WE9. No more modes or teams or commentary at all.

Still brilliant, I always did think the PSP version was better than the console in terms of pure gameplay.

Classic, if you want a great game for PSP this is it, especially if you never played WE9. TBH, I'll be returning it as its the same as what I already have.

What is the difference between pes5 and we9 Androctonvs? cos if it not much I will just stick with we9 as it is patchable to a degree at the moment.

From what I have read and heard there is very little difference between WE9 and PES5 on the PSP

I've been play WE9 for ages, and from the quick go I've had on PES5, it feels much the same. The players seem a little more fluid, but that could be imagination. The downside is that it can't run off the memory stick. With WE9 running off the memory stick, and the PSP unlocked to 266mhz from 233mhz (333mhz wasn't necessary) and ALL the slow down disappears. :(

Got it this morning and have come to the conclusion I no longer want my PSP, this was the final thing that would have made me hang onto it. It's sluggish, and controls like shit.

Sold my PSP to a mate already.

Well I just played it and it's exactly the same as we9 both in terms of gameplay and options. Also there is now a way to play it off the memory stick on FW version 1.5. Check out the maxconsole forums....;)

ClassicD said:
Got it this morning and have come to the conclusion I no longer want my PSP, this was the final thing that would have made me hang onto it. It's sluggish, and controls like shit.

Sold my PSP to a mate already.

I get the impression you dont like it ;)

Tbh I didn't like it at first....I didn't like the controls, didn't like the view. Hated the fact that there were very few game modes. Well I still do hate that actually. But after a week I got used to it and couldn't put it down. It's my favourite game for the psp, probably just play pes5 now as it's got updated teams and stuff and it's exactly the same....think I'll do a little patch for it though :)

Yes it exactly the same as WE9 on the psp...the only differences being that there are a few new faces and updated leagues etc. No new features :(

I played both WE9 for PSP and PS2 and I found the PSP version to be a bit more fast-paced.

I do like PES5 on the PSP, I find it hard to use the d-pad sometimes to get the players to run on the diagonal, which is annoying.

And the lack of R2 is driving me crazy :(

But I'll stick with it, as it's great for when I'm hanging around at work :mryellow:

i've played both psp we9 and pes a lot of times. i don't think they are the same. as always, pes improve/change from we9. it happens on the ps2, and it happens here.

what i felt is that pes5 difficulty is tuned down. it felt easier in pes5 than we9 at the same difficulty level.

i personally feel playing pes5 is more to the liking - not because of the difficulty level but cos' it plays more like the pes5 on ps2. my ai players in pes psp seems to be more responsive and following more directions in that i can find them in places where my formation is designed. with we9, the players especially the front players are all over the place.

one thing for sure, psp pes5 beats the ps2 version in terms of fluidness. the ref in ps2 seems to be whistle crazy, blowing at minor barges, tackles . most of the time, we lost the advantage especially when our striker are bearing down on goals

I played 2 games yesterday as my cousin got this and the psp as a Christmas present. I quite liked it and thought the vlleys were better. I did a cross one tap and shot though hit the side netting. I did fnd it hard to control defend though I think I wll be ok once used to the anolouge stick.
I think I wll by it today. I know it has no master league etc but it is still a great game. Do a lot of people on here not like it then?

I'm disappointed with the fact it's so difficult to hold the PSP and access all the buttons required, when required. The game itself is a great conversion onto portable format, but with big hands, too damn awkward to play. Maybe i'll get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom