PES5 questions answered.

russellclow

Conference
23 September 2004
Ok, I've managed to bag myself a full Review copy of PES5 (European) for the PS2 which is in the post direct from Konami. Can't wait to get my hands on the proper edition that will be hitting our shelves later this month. I've played Winning Eleven 9, so I'll be on the look out for changes to gameplay etc etc.

Be sure to check this thread regularly because I will be putting a review up of the game in the next week or so.

Last edited:
Re: PES5 game hitting my doorstep this week

The PES5 that got leaked on the net is widespread now. If you've got a review edition most likely it'll be the same as the one that was unforturnately leaked. Still, post up a review, always good to hear other opinions. When you get the game though, can you confirm two things for me please that will show it's different from the leaked version.

a) How is Reo-Cokers name spelt?
b) Is 'Online' on the menu active or dead?

Thanks a lot, hope you enjoy the game! (We've still got a 10 day wait.)

Well even if its the same as the "leaked" version, at least I've got mine from a Legitamate source...and legally! :)

I will check them two for ya and let u know, AFAIK online is working (colleague has tried it)

why u got a southampton fc racisim thing do u suport dem ?

Well, it arrived this morning :) Just about to go play it.

Fire questions at me if you want - I'll try to answer them.

russellclow said:
Well, it arrived this morning :) Just about to go play it.

Fire questions at me if you want - I'll try to answer them.

Just my last one about the Reo-Coker, and online mode. I'm presuming the intro video will be the same in both versions.

Re: I have PES5 game hitting my doorstep this week

Which team does Reo-coker play for?

Online mode is activated.

The intro is DIFFERENT to WE9! \\:o/

All the loading screens, menu screens etc are the official PES5 European one's (obviously)

Re: I have PES5 game hitting my doorstep this week

russellclow said:
Which team does Reo-coker play for?

Online mode is activated.

The intro is DIFFERENT to WE9! \\:o/

All the loading screens, menu screens etc are the official PES5 European one's (obviously)
West Ham my question is does this game have a nipple(nippon) challenge for european teams?

Reo Coker is spelt:

"Reo=Coker" Exactly like that.

No there is no Nippon challenge :(

Did u play WE9? I guess everyone's pretty curious about the differences between the two, whether you want to post in here or in the thread with aname to that effect... :)

Yeah I have played WE9.

The gameplay is alot like the PC demo version that was released. In fact - its more or less identical. Game is a tad faster (I have an old TV, on a new 60hz supporting TV it will play v.well). It's alot easier than WE9. I could barely score a goal on 4 stars with WE9 but I'm able to scrape 3-2 wins against good teams on 5 stars on this version. (**note, I was a 6 stars player on PES4, and won comfortably**).

I have also noticed (noticed it a bit with WE9 also) that when you play 5 stars, the computer tends to score more freekicks when in dangerous positions if they have a good free kick taker, whereas previously (pes4) I don't think i've even seen a computer free kick that went in.

Snow actually falls from the sky as well as settle on the pitch.

Never noticed that one before :) was that in WE9?

Aris Thessaloniki said:
I think snow was present on WE9 also.
Are u playing 50hz mode mate?

I've tried both, but my TV is a m0ng and it sometimes slows down on 60hz when alot of people in the box because my TV doesn't REALLY support it :p

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to play online. Although I have the online adapter at the back of my PS2, I can't get it to work with any game, and haven't been able to since I first got it - I think it's faulty. Plus I doubt they'll be anyone online at the moment, seen as VERY few people will have a retail copy untill next week when its released :)

Yes, Olympiacos are in the game. Have a look.

Stringer, yeah it's not Tijjani Babangida born in '73, but Haruna Babangida. He's Nigerian and only 170 cm tall, so that makes him a short Nigerian ;) Just wanted to know if he was in the squad as he was a late addition (in Nokami terms)

Back
Top Bottom