pes5 xbox 360 in 720p

corrent me if im wrong but wont the graphics stay the same but be projected in hd mode? Its not a new game/version they are making are they?

spaceman said:
That's great news, cos graphics on PES for Xbox are pi$$ poor and remind me of those Blury N64 graphics...

You must mean PES graphics on the XBOX, 'cause XBOX has much better graphics than PS2 overall

Doping said:
You must mean PES graphics on the XBOX, 'cause XBOX has much better graphics than PS2 overall

Yeah i said PES graphics on XBOX. Every other multi format game game i would choose Xbox for the better Graphics and smoother gamplay, but the game i play most is the PES/WE series and it's a shame so far that for whatever reason (i guess it's the Xbox's anti aliasing chip smoothing out the jaggies) it's not as clear and sharp as the PS2 version...

It's a lot clearer and sharper than the PS2 version IMO, the only thing it lacks is the extremly bright colour and I think it looks better without it.

JayM said:
It's a lot clearer and sharper than the PS2 version IMO, the only thing it lacks is the extremly bright colour and I think it looks better without it.

I guess you are using component leads cos when i set up both machines side by side using gold scarts or S-VHS leads there is a massive difference in clarity, colour and sharpness and it's this reason along with the many patches that i prefer still to play the PS2 version.The Xbox version is smoother and the deatails are better and it does look fantastic close up such as when the players walk out or on replays, but as soon as the camera pans out ready for kick-off it's like looking thru a camera lens thats slightly out of focus and after a few games it hurts my eyes trying to follow the ball around the blurrrry pitch..

This is just my opinion but i know many others here on this forum have commented on the same, it's really only a problem if you have played the PS2 version,if not then you probably ain't gonna notice

I play both version and the Xbox version def looks better, really close to the PC version actually, I guess it's something to do with cables, I use the defualt ones that come with both consoles.

3060000000053428.JPG

found it at jostiq. the left is from xbox, the right is from xbox 360. PES is gonna look good.

thats useless because a mate of mine who tests the x360 ina closed lab said he played pes5 for he 360 and that means their is an actual version for the 360 coming out

the_thing said:
3060000000053428.JPG

found it at jostiq. the left is from xbox, the right is from xbox 360. PES is gonna look good.

Why is 480p magnified 6 times whereas 720p is magnified 3 times? This way 720p is always gonna look twice as good regardless of the actual difference.

You'll need a HDTV to see the difference on xbox360 though. Just regard it as pes5 with a higher resolution. For instance, play pes5 on PC on 1280/1024... then go back to playing it on your xbox.. and pes5 on xbox will look like absolute shit (but still better looking than it's brother on ps2 imo).

mazanga said:
Why is 480p magnified 6 times whereas 720p is magnified 3 times? This way 720p is always gonna look twice as good regardless of the actual difference.

You'll need a HDTV to see the difference on xbox360 though. Just regard it as pes5 with a higher resolution. For instance, play pes5 on PC on 1280/1024... then go back to playing it on your xbox.. and pes5 on xbox will look like absolute shit (but still better looking than it's brother on ps2 imo).
HDTV is ok, but why use hdtv when you can uz the xbox360 on a pc TFT monitor,
you'll see the differences, too. Just connecting with the right cables! ;)

rapid fire said:

cos i would rather play on my 32" hdtv hooked up to my 5.1 surround sound set up. i hate playing games on a small screen, especially my tft which is only a 17" screen

rapid fire said:

Because you can get 32"+ HDTV's. Games are meant to be played on big screens. ;)

Kenny M said:
cos i would rather play on my 32" hdtv hooked up to my 5.1 surround sound set up. i hate playing games on a small screen, especially my tft which is only a 17" screen

Totally missed your reply. But 100% agree.

JayD said:
Because you can get 32"+ HDTV's. Games are meant to be played on big screens. ;)
Oh yeah! Sure it's another feeling, but not all guys have the money to buy for example a plasma or lcd tv. You know what i mean.

jonneymendoza said:
thats useless because a mate of mine who tests the x360 ina closed lab said he played pes5 for he 360 and that means their is an actual version for the 360 coming out

Does it?
or has he just played the xbox one....why not ask him and get back before I splash out on the xbox game before Dec 2nd.;)

i play pro evo 5 in 480p, and the sheer fact its in progressive scan makes it look much better! Colours are much more vivid.

Lets hope it looks as good as fifa 06 does in hi-def.

Am I right in thinking that if you have a modchip you can play the existing xbox in HD? I say modchip as I've noticed the XBOX HD kit doesn't seem to be for sale in Europe, only in the US - as such, the options aren't available in PAL games?

Also, can anyone tell me if PES5 is 5.1 enabled? If I got an optical lead and connected it to my 5.1 amp, what would PES5 be like? I can't say I've noticed it that much on my PC (with my 5.1 speakers)...

Later.

jonneymendoza said:

LMAO.

O.K.

KOP_007 said:
Am I right in thinking that if you have a modchip you can play the existing xbox in HD? I say modchip as I've noticed the XBOX HD kit doesn't seem to be for sale in Europe, only in the US - as such, the options aren't available in PAL games?

Later.

correct no pals games are hi-def, with a modchip and ntsc mode enabled it opens up a hi def setting on the dash board.

I have a few questions.

1) I have a modded xbox. Does this mean i can play pes5 in High Def if buy a HDTV?

2) I have a 19" CRT. Could i also hook that up to a xbox360, or does that only apply to flatscreens?

3) Could i hook up my current xbox to my CRT? And will games look better?

4) Could i hook up my PC to a HDTV and play games like F.E.A.R. and will they look just as good as they do on my CRT?

Thanks.

H!

1) Yes, if you can change into the US XboX dashboard. Then you can switch the video output to 480p, 720p or 1080i. PES5 is only 480p, and that´s IMO not high-def, but it looks better than the normal RGB picture. And yes, buy an HDTV, it´s good for all of us. ;-)

2) There will be a VGA cable available for XboX360, so, yes, you can use your CRT.

3) You have to look for converter boxes which turn the component video output into VGA (but it´s not recommended)

4) Depends on how good your HDTV is. A friend of mine bought a Toshiba 32" LCD HDTV, and after hooking it up with his PC he was amazed by the quality of Battlefield 2. Just imagine those games in 32".

One more thing: do not try to save money and buy a cheap TV, you´ll regret it. Check the picture quality yourself if possible before buying.

I recommend the Philips 37PF9830, it´s got 1920x1080 resolution and 6ms reaction time. And it´s got ambilight. And 2 Tuners, PIP (one side you can watch TV, in the second window you can play PES). And USB slots. And, and, and...

I love it!

Y17

Thanks a lot for those clear awnsers mate! I will defo go out and buy a HDTV. I'll probably get it if there are some really interesting games coming out that will force me to buy a 360. I reckon that this will not take a very long time lol

I project PES5 on xbox in component onto a 90" screen...the graphics do not suck and ARE better than the ps2 version. Certainly isn't a "blurry mess" it's actually quite pixelated (tho i blur it a little to get rid of jaggies.)

On 360...well, we know it's going to work but not much more than that.

Problem with 720p upscaling is it's not a widescreen game. It's 4:3 no matter what you set your xbox at. And 720p is a widescreen resolution. I'm holding out for better graphics in some way tho. Plus the black and white buttons on the top of the pad will be fantastic.

im interested to see what will happen with the aspect ration with pro evo on the 360...
as stated, pro evo is in 4:3... and with the 360 they're saying that every game will be in 720p... so im hoping that they will make pro evo in widescreen... but i doubt they will.

anyone know anything about this? pro evo in 16:9 is where we need to be at!

Back
Top Bottom