PES5PC - tech help needed..

th3boy

Non-League
9 August 2003
Hi all
I'm having problems with my PES5 PC DVD.
My laptop recognises the game (so when I open My Computer, PES5 shows up in the DVD drive), I can also explore my D: and even open the DVD menu (i.e. get to the Play, Install, Settings, Online Registeration menu etc), however I cannot get beyond this point at all.
For example, when I click on Play or Settings, the DVD sounds like it's firing up and PES5 even shows up in the task manager for about 3-4 seconds before the DVD slows down and PES5 disappears from my Task Manager?...
Something is preventing the game from opening and I can't get to the Intro movie, I've tried every which way to open the game as well (from the DVD, from the Start menu, via a Desktop shortcut) but all with the same results...

I thought maybe my Laptop DVD drive is messed up (although it's playing cheap DVD-R's with no problem) or the game itself is scratched (there's a couple of scratches but nothing major IMO). I'll give my DVD to a lad at work tomorrow to see if he can run it on his machine at home (which will eliminate a DVD fault) but don't know where else to go!?!

I should mention I've been trying to load the game (it's an official copy) with the the patch 'Superpatch ver2' which I thought might be the problem but I've tried it without the patch to no avail as well..

So any other ideas before I start buying new copies, change out my D: drive etc?!

Yours desperately...

th3boy said:
Hi all
I'm having problems with my PES5 PC DVD.
My laptop recognises the game (so when I open My Computer, PES5 shows up in the DVD drive), I can also explore my D: and even open the DVD menu (i.e. get to the Play, Install, Settings, Online Registeration menu etc), however I cannot get beyond this point at all.
For example, when I click on Play or Settings, the DVD sounds like it's firing up and PES5 even shows up in the task manager for about 3-4 seconds before the DVD slows down and PES5 disappears from my Task Manager?...
Something is preventing the game from opening and I can't get to the Intro movie, I've tried every which way to open the game as well (from the DVD, from the Start menu, via a Desktop shortcut) but all with the same results...

I thought maybe my Laptop DVD drive is messed up (although it's playing cheap DVD-R's with no problem) or the game itself is scratched (there's a couple of scratches but nothing major IMO). I'll give my DVD to a lad at work tomorrow to see if he can run it on his machine at home (which will eliminate a DVD fault) but don't know where else to go!?!

I should mention I've been trying to load the game (it's an official copy) with the the patch 'Superpatch ver2' which I thought might be the problem but I've tried it without the patch to no avail as well..

So any other ideas before I start buying new copies, change out my D: drive etc?!

Yours desperately...

have you tried copying all the files from the DVD-drive to a certain directory. So you would just copy the AFS (dat folder) files, the PES5.exe file and settings.exe - This would all be done manually. I'm not sure if it will work or not, but it's worth a try. And then if your pes5.exe doesn't run you can get a no-cd crack from gamecopyworld.com (legal)

good luck.

Back
Top Bottom