PES6 ATI Card Players Q?

greenmachine

League 1
5 November 2003
PES6 ATI Card Players Q?

Got sent an ATI x1650 Pro 512mb card as a replacement for my GF6600GT 128mb card when it died.

Took all the Nvida drivers out ..

And installed the ATI 1650 Pro and ATI-CCC and latest drivers, all my games bar PES6 run well. PES6 crashes, the screen freezes and my monitor reboots and it freeze and I have to press the reboot button on my PC to complete the reboot.

I have done everything from installing PES6 again to uninstalling the ATI suite of Control Centre and drives to safe mode using Driver Pro Cleaner to go fresh installs.

All failed anywhere from 2/3mins into a game to getting a full game out of it and it freezing on the next game, and my monitor going into reboot mode.

Has anyone else had problems with this card or anyother ATI card with PES6? As I've said all my other games run very well with this card - Silent Hunter 3 and 4 , Lock On (flight sim) Grand Prix 4 , Tiger Woods 07 I have that all maxed out and it runs well.

All bar PES6 > and its driving me nuts..

Anyone, have the same sort of problem and fixed it ???

thanks ...

PES6 ATI Card Players Q?

Got sent an ATI x1650 Pro 512mb card as a replacement for my GF6600GT 128mb card when it died.

Took all the Nvida drivers out ..

And installed the ATI 1650 Pro and ATI-CCC and latest drivers, all my games bar PES6 run well. PES6 crashes, the screen freezes and my monitor reboots and it freeze and I have to press the reboot button on my PC to complete the reboot.

I have done everything from installing PES6 again to uninstalling the ATI suite of Control Centre and drives to safe mode using Driver Pro Cleaner to go fresh installs.

All failed anywhere from 2/3mins into a game to getting a full game out of it and it freezing on the next game, and my monitor going into reboot mode.

Has anyone else had problems with this card or anyother ATI card with PES6? As I've said all my other games run very well with this card - Silent Hunter 3 and 4 , Lock On (flight sim) Grand Prix 4 , Tiger Woods 07 I have that all maxed out and it runs well.

All bar PES6 > and its driving me nuts..

Anyone, have the same sort of problem and fixed it ???

thanks ...

You could try unofficial drivers. Omega makes (I think still) alternate/optimized drivers for ATi cards.

Link: http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php

Select your OS version in the top orange bar (probably Win2K/XP) and then download and install the drivers. They might work better. :)

IF you give the game some time, the hitching will fade away eventually and it will play smoothly after like 20 mins or so. I have a ATi Radeon X1950Pro with 512Mb memory and I was very unpleasantly surprised when I started the game the first time. But if you give it some time the game will smoothen up. Just let the computer play itself for 1 game and you'll be all set to go.

Maybe RAM problem? i've got a friend who have same problem as your's. he can't play in full screen because it's freeze after 2 mins but he can play in window mode. after many test we found he have 667 mzh ram on a motherboad which support only 533mzh .

Back
Top Bottom