PES6 not designed with d-pad in mind

KJK1LL3R

League 2
1 April 2005
I am having a problem as I have always used the d-pad when playing PES/WE games but in PES6 i have discovered that it it rubbish for shooting and free kicks as the ball doesnt really curl when using the d-pad. I was always wondering why my shots were always going straight down the middle even though I was pressing the d-pad at an angle. I also noticed that when I hit free kicks, the ball rarely curls to the side. I have two mates that play alot of PES with me & one of them uses d-pad and the other uses analogue sticks. My other mate also noticed this problem with no curl on his shots and shots always going down the middle. Then in training I decided to test using the analogue and noticed a huge difference. When I wanted to place a shot in the bottom corner, it went in the bottom corner as opposed to right down the middle. Also my free kicks curled alot more with the analogue stick method. My mate that uses the analogue sticks has confirmed this as he has tried using the d-pad and noticed the difference in his shots. Is there anything that can be done about this as I am very comfortable using the d-pad and i dont want to learn how to use the analouge sticks.

I dont think wat yr saying is realy right.. coz tha analog is tha same as tha d-pad.. it should be completely tha same.. coz i also play PES6 with tha d-pad all time.. i cant play it with analog.. but if wat yr saying is actually right.. then that would be a realy big problem.. but i actually shoot in angles easy with d-pad and it doesn't go in tha middle

I am having a problem as I have always used the d-pad when playing PES/WE games but in PES6 i have discovered that it it rubbish for shooting and free kicks as the ball doesnt really curl when using the d-pad. I was always wondering why my shots were always going straight down the middle even though I was pressing the d-pad at an angle. I also noticed that when I hit free kicks, the ball rarely curls to the side. I have two mates that play alot of PES with me & one of them uses d-pad and the other uses analogue sticks. My other mate also noticed this problem with no curl on his shots and shots always going down the middle. Then in training I decided to test using the analogue and noticed a huge difference. When I wanted to place a shot in the bottom corner, it went in the bottom corner as opposed to right down the middle. Also my free kicks curled alot more with the analogue stick method. My mate that uses the analogue sticks has confirmed this as he has tried using the d-pad and noticed the difference in his shots. Is there anything that can be done about this as I am very comfortable using the d-pad and i dont want to learn how to use the analouge sticks.

As far as I know there is no difference between D-Pad and analog stick. The analog stick works like the d-pad, so they are essentially the same. Which means that it doesn't matter which you use. I would guess any difference you feel might be subjective, or your d-pad is worn out, or there could be some other difference somewhere else. But PES probably isn't what is causing the difference.

I dunno! My mates are noticing the same problems at home when playing on their own consoles also.

I get plenty of curl with the d-pad mate. Maybe your pad is the problem. I find the d-pad much easier and more responsive.

Note: I use d-pad, and will always use it untill it disappears since i play WE since PSX days and I like it this way.

Fact: D-pad is different than analogue. It has been like that since PS2 releases (obviously), but some versions make it more obvious than others. Ball direction and body movement are the most influenced factors, the analogue allows sharper control of these issues.

Fact: shooting is a bigger problem in PES6 than it was before, even on WE10. You can make the same exact shot 2 times, with the same player, and have completely different behaviours. Annoying? yes. Realistic? maybe (not sure).

Fact: Ball curling in free kicks with analogue has been more efficient and evident for many versions. That doesn't meand d-pad doesn't make the grade.

The last game in which d-pad was at the same height of influence as analogue was in WE7Int. Since then analogue shows the advantage, specially in attacking phase.

Note: Seabass plays with d-pad (although probably seabass plays crap anyway :))

I dont think wat yr saying is realy right.. coz tha analog is tha same as tha d-pad.. it should be completely tha same.. coz i also play PES6 with tha d-pad all time.. i cant play it with analog.. but if wat yr saying is actually right.. then that would be a realy big problem.. but i actually shoot in angles easy with d-pad and it doesn't go in tha middle

Its interesting to see that most ppl play with the D-pad. I myself can't, I just gotta use the analogue stick, I simply find the D-pad too limiting for my liking.

I cant use the analog, i seem ti find when moving players, my finger starts to slip of the analog a bit, it annoys me and effects my play.

D-Pad ALL THE WAY ! ! ! ;)

When I think about it, I remember PES4 on Xbox being weird in that a loose freekick (holding DOWN on the stick/pad before applying power) was "normal" when using the d-pad, but much looser when using the stick (much less power and more focus on high trajectory). I am not sure if this was a bug in PES4 that they corrected (possibly the two had different maximum values, though it shouldn't really matter with PES being only digital), but I think it was a bit odd.

Back
Top Bottom